TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jethro - great job on finding an Altima parked near a place where one of your suspects works. I am not getting the coincidence at the house of your suspect though. Is there an Altima parked there that I can't see or is it just that the owner has bothered to have their home blurred on Google which you find odd ?

Tippy Lynn - what is a 'tuck under garage'? Do you mean a garage where the cars park under the main part of the house rather than a bump out from the house?

Oh no.....is this going to be another Porte Cochere discussion? Ha...just teasing!

Correct, a tuck under garage is a garage that is located under a living space and sometimes they are a 3rd or 4th garage located in the rear of the home. I live in Minnesota and they are fairly common in some areas. Our previous lake house had a double attached "normal" garage in the front and a "tuck under" garage in the rear of the house. In the winter we used the tuck under to store our boat, jet skis, beach stuff, water toys and so on.

Batbrat - what do you think this is? When SP steps back this piece actually kicks backwards. Almost looks like another set of shin guards on backwards. When you view the video it is very prominent.
attachment.php

Maybe something like wade protectors or something like that below:

Torhüterhose.jpg

https://www.amazon.de/McDavid - Hos..._1_10?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1468649163&sr=1-10
Some members here mentioned SP would perhaps wear something like tights plus the shorts. Maybe it is similar to "goalkeeper trousers" like shown in the pic?

Just my opinion, but I do not think that RB murdered his dog to cover hair evidence. They were staying at the daughters house, and her Dog (big dog, dont recall the breed) tried to eat Kilo and ultimatly killed him, or her, what ever it was. With just having had a death in the family, I would probably have dropped my shirts off at the cleaners as well, rather than ask someone to put on a load of laundry. Being that they flew home in a rush, and prior were traveling in an RB, I doubt they were carrying a lot of luggage and maybe none at all. Would you pack up and consider if you had enough formal wear if you got the call that your daughter N law was murdered, or would you head straight to the airport and catch the 1st flight out to be with your family. As for the dog. The dogs were not close. They did not live in the same house, and I doubt everyone there was concentrating on what or where the dogs were and big dog ate little dog because he was in his territory.

I think the dog death is so disturbing because it mirrors Missy's death. A little dog was attacked and killed unexpectedly, in a place where safety is assumed. Missy was a petite woman killed unexpectedly in a place where safety is assumed.

The craziest thing to me was that RB's wife got more comments and condolences on the FB post she made about Kilo dying than she did on the post she made about Missy dying.

Just guessing here, but I know from their FB posts that the Bevers went on a family vacation out of state last July. That was 9 months before the murder.

It's my understanding that the divorce filing was 10 months to a year before the murder, IIRC. Is that a definite? I guess the TOS about not sleuthing the divorce still stands? I've seen many references to one of them filing for divorce but don't want to perpetuate something that isn't confirmed.

One could speculate that perhaps the marriage hit a really low point, someone filed for divorce (perhaps), and that turned into a wake-up call and the two decided to work it out. If things were really bad, that vacation probably would not have happened, but it did happen, despite being so soon after the (alleged) divorce filing. So maybe the marriage improved and then they went on their trip, all around the 9 or 10 month mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their wedding anniversary was in June, which was ten months before she died. My assumption has always been that maybe they'd "re-committed" to each other at their anniversary and that was why he knew it had been 10 months.

All good thoughts, just curious. So not dumped off somewhere along a road trip? I just have to think they would have blood splatters all over. Sorry for the visual.

Great Janesmith! Or maybe a boat.

Gotta get some sleep. :)

And...I looked at her exercise video, and think "would she attract a stalker"? I'm a woman so its hard for me to relate, but i think so.
Her figure was way better than most women's.
She had an open Facebook with schedule.
Big circle of guys/gals she's around.
Was flirty to one or more guys--(never would judge her on tho'. Not worthy of death, but it could be dangerous with the wrong guy.
As we talked many times before--
First suspect is usu a husband/lover, then a relative, then someone you know, then a stranger. But just because the top of the list is the most likely, its not 100% accurate. Its happened in the past that the most obvious suspect isn't the real killer. So since we don't have all LE's info, i still am open about who the killer is.

It's also possible that someone had developed a secret obsession with her, and was mentally unstable enough that they killed her out of some perceived rejection.

Don't have as precise a measurement as the great work Batbrat did on that. But the numbers I came up with were in the neighborhood of 5 feet 10.75 to 5 feet 11.05 tall. But I wouldn't put any dollar on a bet on those numbers.

Not sure how MPD ultimately got 5'2" to 5'7" but it would be interesting to know especially why such a broad range considering they went through all that work with the Tarrant County DA office people that are said to be expert at this stuff.

So, a random thought just occurred to me when I read this. I've seen speculation that it was a teenage boy who killed her (not sure why people have thought that, but it's just as likely as anything at this point). Teens are growing fast...so maybe the wide range on the height is to allow for growth?

That sounds crazy now that I typed it out lol. But my daughter is 11 and she grew 1 1/2" in 8 weeks earlier this year! (My grocery bills have been $300/week recently, with her and 2 teens in the house!!)

So maybe they have a teen suspect in mind, and know his approximate height but anticipate growth so they gave us a wide range??

I won't be offended if this is just dumb 1:35 am thoughts lol.

Does anyone remember in the beginning in an interview with MB, she stated something to the affect (iirc) she asked her daughter KS to go over to BB and Missy's house right after BB called her regarding the news of Missy?
IIRC, it was quite early and my question is,,,,,,, why ask KS to go when MT lives closer?

KS said that:
1. Camper called BB
2. BB called his mom
3. Mom called KS to ask her to go to the Bever house to be with the kids, because Mom was intending to go to the hospital to be with MB. Mom was under the impression there has been a car accident but it is unknown why she thought that. My guess is, Camper told BB "something happened to Missy", BB then told Mom "Missy's been in some kind of accident", then Mom assumed car accident because that's a reasonable assumption.
4. BB then received a call from LE informing him MIssy was dead
5. BB then called Mom and told her, and she then joined KS at the Bever house to tell the girls.

Hey folks, we just can't be posting pics of private residences because someone thinks the person who lives there might be involved.

If I am not mistaken KS said that MT called her and told her it was an accident. I forget who called MT and told her it was an accident and then she called KS. Then someone called KS and told her not an accident and then they got Uncles and themselves over to the house to be with the girls.

There is a pause in that time line that I cannot shake but it is purely speculative but did MT really receive a call or was she already up getting rid of evidence and told KS to go to girls because she could not and just told KS she was going to go to be with MB but really was not. Sounds like a Dr Seuss sentence when I read it back to myself. Sorry.

Btw: Somewhere (SM) I saw a pic of MT wearing a helmet very similar to SP's helmet, laughing at the photographer, arms of a son around her, at a "car event" or another event (can't recognize).

I did forget they had mentioned tools were left behind, but honestly, I still don't think my head would immediately jump to murder. If I were staring at my friends bloodied up body and someone else was already on the phone calling 911, I do think my first instinct would be to call their husband if I had the number on me. Just an initial 'oh my gosh, something terrible has happened, you need to get home immediately' type of reaction. Now, again, this is all assuming this was a couple that I was close to.

I don't know what I would think. But if MB's head/face?/chest was severest injured and bloody - what "accident" could have happened in a church in the early mornings?? There are no bulldozers driving in a church and so I think, I would never think of an "accident" but of something very terrible, horrific, not understable at the second. And NO, never would I call the husband (whether he is at home or on a bucket list fishing trip far away in MS) to tell him of the situation which I don't understand myself. - Maybe I would tell LE there are three children at home alone with their father on holiday and they should call a relative.

Batbrat - what do you think this is? When SP steps back this piece actually kicks backwards. Almost looks like another set of shin guards on backwards. When you view the video it is very prominent.
attachment.php

It's a little hard to explain what I think it is, but during my research into the "swat gear" (calculations for my green man animations), I found some tactical cargo pants that had built-in knee pads with velcro cinches at the knee and ankle (see below). I believe SP is wearing something very similar to this pant, and that the odd bulge above the calf is a combination of the stiffer fabric around the velcro area poking out as the subject locks or straightens that knee. I believe SP's knees are hyper-extended joints, so it makes that area appear more pronounced.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tacpant.jpg
    tacpant.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 352
Okay, as requested. Locking down the "tile" sizes, for those of you who haven't tuned that conversation out yet. It was a whole lot more work than I thought it was going to be. Keep in mind, I haven’t actually seen or measured the floors up close, so I’m unable to say whether they’re even tiles at all (bear with me on this). Jethro may have more specific knowledge of the exact material. I had been calling them a “tile grid”, assuming they were tiles.

Since the camera lens in the main hallway is a wide angle (determined by my lens correction diagrams), I have always been unsure of the aspect ratio. My video analysis focused solely on height estimates, so for those purposes, width estimates (including floor tile sizes) did not have to be accurate. I based previous estimates on an assumption using standard construction material sizes.

But...

Per request, I went back and studied several more photos off the Church pages. While I still cannot say for certain the grid is actual tiles per se, I was able to get a bit more information about them and the size for my independent estimates. I found a couple interesting things out in the process. First of all, I believe the “tiles” may actually be scored/stained concrete. Let the debates begin! ;) The secondary hallways are stained concrete (which fits with what previous locals have maintained about the construction of Creekside being pretty spartan - in keeping with church values). That meant the grid may not be based on a standard size floor tile, after all. Additionally, if the measurements attained are accurate, the aspect ratio of the wide angle lens footage is different than previously thought. More on that later, but here's an image of what I mean:

attachment.php

For the measurements: Based on 4 church interior photos and three isolated frames from the surveillance video, I used ladders, door widths, door heights, table heights, and average person height approximations to calculate the grid size. From that, I was able to determine the repeating pattern of squares to be an average of 34” sq. This puts the diamond grid diameter at about 48” (√2 × 34 = 48)

So, measuring the floor as square tiles with diagonal Xs (laid square - as Jethro believes it to be), they are 48” tiles. As a stained concrete floor with a diagonally scored grid (which I believe it to be), the repeat pattern of grid square is 34”. While we may not agree on how the floor was laid or what materials were used, we came to the same determination with regards to the grid size - the important element.

The surprising result of that assessment is that now the aspect ratio of the oft-referenced MPD video is off by a factor of nearly 10%. This means after lens correction and aspect ratio adjustment, the wide angle footage from the main hallway would look something more like the images below, making the subject in the video about 10% taller or 10% thinner than many people are seeing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• stainedconcrete.jpg
    stainedconcrete.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 451
  • aspect2.jpg
    aspect2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 474
  • aspect3.jpg
    aspect3.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 467
  • aspect1.jpg
    aspect1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 466
Okay, as requested. Locking down the "tile" sizes, for those of you who haven't tuned that conversation out yet. It was a whole lot more work than I thought it was going to be. Keep in mind, I haven’t actually seen or measured the floors up close, so I’m unable to say whether they’re even tiles at all (bear with me on this). Jethro may have more specific knowledge of the exact material. I had been calling them a “tile grid”, assuming they were tiles.

Since the camera lens in the main hallway is a wide angle (determined by my lens correction diagrams), I have always been unsure of the aspect ratio. My video analysis focused solely on height estimates, so for those purposes, width estimates (including floor tile sizes) did not have to be accurate. I based previous estimates on an assumption using standard construction material sizes.

But...

Per request, I went back and studied several more photos off the Church pages. While I still cannot say for certain the grid is actual tiles per se, I was able to get a bit more information about them and the size for my independent estimates. I found a couple interesting things out in the process. First of all, I believe the “tiles” may actually be scored/stained concrete. Let the debates begin! ;) The secondary hallways are stained concrete (which fits with what previous locals have maintained about the construction of Creekside being pretty spartan - in keeping with church values). That meant the grid may not be based on a standard size floor tile, after all. Additionally, if the measurements attained are accurate, the aspect ratio of the wide angle lens footage is different than previously thought. More on that later, but here's an image of what I mean:

attachment.php

For the measurements: Based on 4 church interior photos and three isolated frames from the surveillance video, I used ladders, door widths, door heights, table heights, and average person height approximations to calculate the grid size. From that, I was able to determine the repeating pattern of squares to be an average of 34” sq. This puts the diamond grid diameter at about 48” (√2 × 34 = 48)

So, measuring the floor as square tiles with diagonal Xs (laid square - as Jethro believes it to be), they are 48” tiles. As a stained concrete floor with a diagonally scored grid (which I believe it to be), the repeat pattern of grid square is 34”. While we may not agree on how the floor was laid or what materials were used, we came to the same determination with regards to the grid size - the important element.

The surprising result of that assessment is that now the aspect ratio of the oft-referenced MPD video is off by a factor of nearly 10%. This means after lens correction and aspect ratio adjustment, the wide angle footage from the main hallway would look something more like the images below, making the subject in the video about 10% taller or 10% thinner than many people are seeing.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

This has probably already been discussed but what's on the ground in the 2nd to last photo?

OK so this is the first I've looked at this particular case and really know nothing of the circumstances etc, but is it possible the person in the swat team/riot gear outfit is a woman? When I looked at the pictures that is the first thing I thought.

One other thing, If standard door height is 6 ft 8 inches. This person is well under 6 ft tall. Also the small size feet make me think this is a woman, of course it is just My opinion or a small man.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-mystery-of-google-street-views-blurred-brooklyn-brownstone/

The mystery of Google Street View's blurred Brooklyn brownstone

This building may harbor German residents.

The practice of blurring out whole homes on Google Street View is entirely natural in Germany.

Those not enamored with bathing constantly in public waters were delighted when Google's own headquarters in Munich were blurred out by one of the other occupants of its office building.

Could it be that one of the apartments in 291, Clermont Avenue, Brooklyn, harbors a principled Teuton who encouraged the other residents to take a stand?

There again, Germany has also been home for other reasons why Google Street View might deserve to be blurred.

Who could ever forget the apparently naked man in the trunk of his own Mercedes in Mannheim, Germany?

Jethro4WS - hopefully your suspects in the blurred house (with the Nissan Altima) aren't Germans?

With respect - there is knowing someone and knowing someone well enough that they would feel comfortable calling and telling him his wife was dead (murdered). Just his words and demeanor when he talks about CG makes me (at least) feel that CG did not sit well with him. So why give any of them his number. From what you and I have both heard - I cant believe that one of three had the presence of mind to call him so it makes me think that some other camper called him or did they? and was it really someone else., i.e. family member saying its done. JMO

It makes sense to believe that the caller is/was good friends with BB and MB, and was perhaps asked by BB to "keep an eye on MB", either out of suspicion (flirting, that type of thing), or concern for her safety. Kind of a "plant", if you will. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892