TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting theory, and by the way your maps are very impressive. The thing that is still puzzling for me in such a scenario is: where was MB going if she was walking down that hallway away from where CG was going to be held?

Thanks.

It remains to be seen where the class was going to be held. But it was somewhere indoors. So at the moment she passed the doors and entered the halls, it certainly wasn't behind her, and we don't know if she went far enough up/down that main hallway to be heading "away from" the CG class area.

So one possible answer is, the fatal stroll was her going up/down that main hallway to take eqpmt to where the class would be held.

Another might be to the kitchen for some reason. Maybe ice? Water?

It has been suggested that perhaps she had a setup routine. If so, we don't know what it was, but perhaps it included a stroll to somewhere for turning on lights, getting ice, doing this or that.

That's an interesting theory, and by the way your maps are very impressive. The thing that is still puzzling for me in such a scenario is: where was MB going if she was walking down that hallway away from where CG was going to be held?

Is P1 also where the door going to the kitchen is?

Is P1 also where the door going to the kitchen is?

P1 - a guess at a possible location of the perp when MB entered the halls - would be in a recessed area into the doors into the auditorium (same with P3 area). On that previous map, the kitchen area is off the map, up top.

If you're trying to connect location of body, with kitchen door exit, here's another map making it easier to visualize.

A red line shows an unseen-by-cam path from one proposed body location, to the kitchen door.
A purple line shows an unseen-by-cam path from another proposed body location, to the kitchen door.

I have added c3, in far right end of northside hall (NE corner of building), to show where the closest known cam is in that hallway. I'm theorizing it didn't detect motion that far away, and thus didn't record, when perp exited.

attachment.php

Attachments

• perp exit.png
    perp exit.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 430
Here is the Inside Edition video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEcE6XyW838&feature=youtu.be EDITED TO ADD PHOTO.

attachment.php
Here is a screenshot of the headshot. Eyebrows or mask?

I'm reading here all the time and never saw this pic with "eyebrows or not eyebrows". Everytime when a pic out of the video shows up it's different to the pics before. Though what I saw before the pic above was similar to this and I wondered about the wide white stripe on the helmet and the white stripe under the eyes (NOT shown in pics before). I'm trying to understand why there are differences the whole time. Why is the headlamp first seen like a little rectangle and later on like a wide white stripe ... :thinking: Why is there first seen the bridge of a nose and later on suddenly a white stripe from balaclava to eyes ... :thinking:
I don't know and it's making me :confused:

My apology if this has been talked about, I am so far behind trying to catch up.
I have heard that even though things are deleted on a computer they can be found. My question is, what about cell phones? Can deleted messages and calls be recovered? I am curious also how much information LE can get from a cell phone company if a phone is pinging off a tower, say a Sprint tower for example. Anyone know? Again sorry if this has been discussed already.

Excellent X-Files. Wonder if LE has confiscated anyone's computers? Data trails are nice. People think they can delete them but
I live with 2 computer nerds and they say anything can be retrieved that has been deleted. Wonder if any of the people on SWs got a new computer right before the murder. (Meaning they destroyed the one they used to possibly purchase SP suit)

Where would the monitor be for the cameras? In the office? Is it possible that SP, after wandering around doing damage, watched the monitor for MB entering the building? Not sure if this has been asked.

Apropos "doing damages": When MB entered the main entrance and discovered damages (broken glas etc.) on her way down the hall - why didn't she immediately call police or the church janitor but went straight on??

I'm with you.. Are you thinking MB was found in the pink area?

I think where the pink area is adjoining the blue area. At a certain distance from the glass door so as to her body could have been discovered first from outside through this door.

AwningBlueYellowPink.jpg

The main doors are not the SW doors. The main doors are on the west side of the building, and the covered patio and covered porte cochere are on the SW corner. If she entered the main doors (W), she likely turned and started walking south toward the porte cochere (SW), where the motion detector on the camera at the south end of that hallway picked her up and began recording. As she approached the SW corner - either just west of the vestibule doorways or in/near the bathroom hallway - she reached the camera blind spot and the cameras turned off. I believe that's where she was attacked.

Didn't want to to be left out on sharing an opinion on the porte-cochère area. IMHO, the porte-cochère is where parents with toddlers and little ones are dropped off and some elderly members, too. It is difficult to tote a baby in a baby carrier while holding an umbrella in stormy weather conditions. The canopied area prevents that inconvenience. Perhaps the church has ladies/ volunteers stationed at the double doors at this point to assist little children to their rooms. A porte-cochère is large enough to allow vehicles to enter and exit or to park as in Missy's instance. This entry point is disqualified from being the front of the church because there are visible air conditioning units nearby. It would appear unsightly to have a/c units visible while members and guests are arriving for church at the main entrance no matter how frequently porte-cochère is used.

:twocents: :cow:

Trying to nail down SP.
1. So I keep hearing about this netting or veil that SP is wearing. I think female. Females generally wear netting and veils. Guys disguise themselves with sunglasses, in general.
2. I see gadgetry. GoPro and helmet light. Guys tend to get into gadgets. Think male.

We're still even.

Yes, I know there are exceptions to all these generalizations but we're just running the numbers at this point.

Did the net prevent a good facial shot, or poor cameras? If it worked, where did they get the idea? Never seen or heard of anything like it. It's always masks, sunglasses, bandana's etc.

I think the total prep time is a few weeks (less if most of the outfit was available already), not months. Perp(s) is simultaneously doc-ing her patterns, layout, cameras, etc.

I would say "thank you" to you but I never have seen a net or a veil in the pics. Rather on the contrary I saw only flawless light complexion. I'm obviously missing something important.

Didn't want to to be left out on sharing an opinion on the porte-cochère area. IMHO, the porte-cochère is where parents with toddlers and little ones are dropped off and some elderly members, too. It is difficult to tote a baby in a baby carrier while holding an umbrella in stormy weather conditions. The canopied area prevents that inconvenience. Perhaps the church has ladies/ volunteers stationed at the double doors at this point to assist little children to their rooms. A porte-cochère is large enough to allow vehicles to enter and exit or to park as in Missy's instance. This entry point is disqualified from being the front of the church because there are visible air conditioning units nearby. It would appear unsightly to have a/c units visible while members and guests are arriving for church at the main entrance no matter how frequently porte-cochère is used.

:twocents: :cow:

Bottom line, though, is that LE mentioned the "awning area" as where MB entered the building, and MB herself on her FB also referred to this general area (with patio) in saying that they would be working out under the awning.

It's where her vehicle was parked.
Have you seen how far it is from the covered entrance around to the other entrance? The two are pretty far apart.

She would have gotten soaking wet if she had walked around to the other entrance after parking under the awning. And so she would have dripped or tracked water all the way around to the SW corner which would have created more work for herself in having to clean it up.

And as others have noted, a church typically won't key two entrances differently. So it's very likely she would have had the same access to both doors, and no reason to go unlock the other door when she could go in right there where she parked.

So to me it overwhelmingly points to SW entrance.

LE's use of "awning" combined with MB's own use of the same word, plus the logistical and weather conditions, together make it unreasonable that she would have gone to the other entrance. If anyone has compelling evidence to trump the above, I'd love to see it. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom line, though, is that LE mentioned the "awning area" as where MB entered the building, and MB herself on her FB also referred to this general area (with patio) in saying that they would be working out under the awning.

It's where her vehicle was parked.
Have you seen how far it is from the covered entrance around to the other entrance? The two are pretty far apart.

She would have gotten soaking wet if she had walked around to the other entrance after parking under the awning. And so she would have dripped or tracked water all the way around to the SW corner which would have created more work for herself in having to clean it up.

And as others have noted, a church typically won't key two entrances differently. So it's very likely she would have had the same access to both doors, and no reason to go unlock the other door when she could go in right there where she parked.

So to me it overwhelmingly points to SW entrance.

LE's use of "awning" combined with MB's own use of the same word, plus the logistical and weather conditions, together make it unreasonable that she would have gone to the other entrance. If anyone has compelling evidence to trump the above, I'd love to see it. JMHO

You are correct. It has been established that MB entered through the covered area doors by LE. It is not a question, as LE has stated it clearly that they have her entering there on video.

respectfully - this is a good size church and I am pretty sure our police dept knows the main entrance from the side entrance no matter how they worded it. I would think they would have stated "MB entered where she was parked" if talking about the SW entrance." JMO

LE did state that she entered through the doord where she parked.

2032463ec55fe8b7d399636f986587ef.png

After reading everyone's thoughts about MB's point of entry into the building, I believe she entered through the W side of the building. In the picture, I think we can all agree (or agree to disagree) that the W side entrance has a small awning. The PC is more of a covered patio entrance. I have never seen a side-door ever referred to as a "main entrance." Didn't Jethro (sp??) mention it took x amount of ft. before the cameras engaged- stands to reason coming up that main hallway a bit, it caught her entry. Also, "location was only discovered after campers entered (likely W side) as well- (maybe even confused why the side door wasn't opened yet) and were looking for her. I think this point is worthy of discussion. This is really the only scenario that makes sense to me. MB exercised in rain, sleet, snow and hail- so, this strong dedicated woman parked where it would be easiest to unload once she propped open the door closest to her vehicle. MOO

Photo shared by NIN

Where MB entered was established early on by LE. Per LE she parked under the cover area and entered through those doors. Debating deffinition of main entrance does not change what they said, or teh coorisponding video image all over the news of her truck parked under the same area.

I'm sticking with what I've thought from early on.
MB parks under the side awning. Gets out and walks to the front of the church and enters. She heads down the hall back towards her truck and meets her demise.

I think it's that simple.

I'm sticking with what I've thought from early on.
MB parks under the side awning. Gets out and walks to the front of the church and enters. She heads down the hall back towards her truck and meets her demise.

I think it's that simple.

My impression too when I read the part in a previous thread. I remember that I thought: how awkward to go to the main entrance and how scary in the dark. Whether MB got wet or not isn't important if she HAD to open the main door and HAD to walk to the SW side door to open this door from inside.

And now on the subject of doors and MB's way I decide only for my part: :silenced: always hoping I'm able to hold out.

Apropos "doing damages": When MB entered the main entrance and discovered damages (broken glas etc.) on her way down the hall - why didn't she immediately call police or the church janitor but went straight on??
If she entered on the West side and headed SW in the West Main hallway, I don't believe there was any broken glass there. (maybe just an opened door).

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Until five years ago when I moved to another state, I had been a resident of the area where the crime occurred for more than 50 years. This crime has a different feel to it than most I have followed and certainly is different from crimes that typically happen in this area. It's more calculated and rage-motivated, IMO. I'm shocked and horrified that someone took this mother from her children and pray that the murderer will be apprehended soon.

Some ideas I keep coming back to as I ponder the theories of more experienced sleuths:

1) It's a sad fact that many people have affairs, but not many of these situations result in murder. What (if we assume that one or both parties had extramarital dalliances) makes this situation different from what other couples in the same situation face?

2) If the murder was indeed planned, what would have happened if it hadn't rained on that particular day?

3) If the planned murder was definitely going to occur during that week, was the home setting avoided out of concern for MB's family or out of fear of discovery since more people (neighbors, etc.) might witness the activity?

4) While I don't think that there were multiple perps, it does remain within the realm of possibility. However, if there were two unrelated perps, there would, IMO, be a higher likelihood that one perp would turn on the other under pressure. The only situation in which I believe two perps would make sense would be if multiple unrelated persons had a high-stake reason for wanting to eliminate MB.

I realize that some may view lengthy discussions on certain topics as a waste of time. Brainstorming and turning every stone could provide the key to solving this case, though.

Haha!

Well picking nits, a car port is definitely different where I come from. And an awning is also different. Porte cochere may not be common use in rural TX, especially if you don't often see them or use them. But it's common elsewhere, especially in the south, bigger cities, and places with old homes. It's a specific thing - a covered drive-thru driveway near an building's entrance, where you can load/unload cars (originally carriages) protected from the weather. Hospitals, airports, hotels, etc., have them.

I'm from Kansas, and I have never heard of a porte cochere either. We do have these structures, but I've heard them called awnings. If they are attached to houses here, they are called car ports (which is probably the Kansas version of porte cochere). :) We added one of these structures to the back of our church for the specific reason to protect people loading/unloading items from the weather elements. I was on the committee, and we called it an awning. It is not our main entrance to the church though.

Question: Couldn't someone just call the MPD and ask for clarification on which entry they meant since it isn't something they are trying to hide from the public?

I'm with you.. Are you thinking MB was found in the pink area?

There's been a little speculation about that here and there. I personally think she was inside the building, not out on the patio. Mostly because LE said "in the SW corner of the building" but also she was reportedly found with broken glass nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member