TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker here--sorry if my question's already been answered somewhere. What do you think SP did with the tactical gear afterwards? Buried it? Do you think he/she found a dumpster without cameras nearby? Is that type of clothing very easy to burn? Or is it stashed in someone's house/vehicle?

I think they kept it.

There are two major exceptions to the warrant requirement. First, if you consent to a search, then the police can search within the scope of your consent.2 That’s why it is usually better to not consent to a search.
Second, if police have probable cause to believe there is incriminating evidence in the house or on an electronic device that is under immediate threat of destruction, they can immediately search it without a warrant.3

Ker v. California, 374 U.S. 23, 39 (1963)
from eff.org

so does anyone think LE has done this and we the public do not know and that they may have a lead(s)
I would hope so! If they looked at SM accounts and mobile devices I would hope they also checked "other" electronic type devices like laptops and PCs. My hope, no idea if they have or have not. Would we the public be privy to such a SW?

I would hope so! If they looked at SM accounts and mobile devices I would hope they also checked "other" electronic type advices like laptops and PCs. My hope, no idea if they have or have not. Would we the public be privy to such a SW?

You don't necessarily have to get a warrant to do a search. I would expect that to whatever extent they wanted to search the devices owned by MB before her death, permission was requested and readily granted.

Not sure if you got a screen grab, but I think we would all benefit from seeing the enhanced image. Please share, if able/willing. I'm not usually a late poster- but this, I would wait up for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. Be right back!

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

Much like the beautiful "voir dire" is pronounced "voyeur dye-er" by even the most hi-falutin' attorneys and judges. God Bless Texas!

Not sure if you got a screen grab, but I think we would all benefit from seeing the enhanced image. Please share, if able/willing. I'm not usually a late poster- but this, I would wait up for.

Here is the Inside Edition video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEcE6XyW838&feature=youtu.be EDITED TO ADD PHOTO.

attachment.php
Here is a screenshot of the headshot. Eyebrows or mask?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-07-12 23.19.13.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-07-12 23.19.13.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 442
Not so sure. I live in Southeast Texas and port cochere is very common. I moved from New York and was like, "ohhh. car port, okay!"

I don't think I've ever heard the expression in my whole life of living here. If someone showed me the picture of CoC and asked me what I call the covered part on the west side, I'd call it a car port. Unsophisticated, I know. :twocents:
Until recently, I thought a "face palm" meant you were putting your palm in someone else's face, so what do I know?

While LE can often search without warrants, Imo, they generally get them anyway to avoid any complications later. But not sure if search warrants for non-physical locations (phones, Ipads, etc.) are the same as regular search warrants? So maybe they would not apply to FOI documents? Not sure, just thinking.

Huh? There's only one awning area. He may have misspoken about the entrance being a main one, but it's clear, at least to me, which entrance he is referring to.

There was a lot of speculation earlier on that the ONLY way Missy could enter was the main entrance, because of electronic keys or key pads. But since they don't have an alarm (to set), i think she entered where the awning is on the side where missy parked.
Some posters had thought that the little overhang over the main entrance constituted an awning. I think the consensus now is the side entrance was Missy's entrance.

This is a hard one, y'all, but I think it's worth the debate. Batbrat raises a good point in wondering why LE would say that MB was seen on camera moving in the direction of where SP was last seen. Where would that be if she came in through the SW doors? That would about 2 steps if she was also located in the SW side, right? Maybe it's possible that she was actually killed elsewhere and dragged to the SW side. I know that others have discussed that before. Is it possible? It would explain the discrepancy.

You don't necessarily have to get a warrant to do a search. I would expect that to whatever extent they wanted to search the devices owned by MB before her death, permission was requested and readily granted.
Thank you SS, what would the protocol be if they wanted to search devices that belonged to individuals that are/were considered POI? Would we the public be privy to that or would that be done privately by LE?

Cannonball "I will say that whether or not LE knows these things with certainty is debatable; it's hard to know what they know, when they aren't telling us much"

Really? We are debating where MB's body was found, and which entrance LE meant. No question they know both of those with absolute certainty. We are also debating which room is room 10, and again that is not a mystery to (or important to) anyone but us. We are debating which video surveillance image was taken where, and those things are known with certainty from camera placement that is part of the system and would have been open to LE to any extent they felt it mattered. Everything pertaining to church layout and perp movement, they know, and they have added info to work with we don't even have.

It's a curiosity and a time-waster to us, and nothing wrong with spending time in those ways, but it is accurate that knowing those won't advance the case.

Batbrat "There is a possibility people can be identified or eliminated based on the minutiae of exploring the building layout to compare it to the video evidence."

The layout details we are still debating - for example, knowing which is room 10 in a sunday school class picture - are truly meaningless to the case. Idle curiosities, but nothing more. The problem is, how can us knowing whether he took a videoed step exactly here rather than there, distinguish one costumed perp from another? It can't. I know we'll still discuss them ad nauseum, me included, but let's not kid ourselves, they really don't matter to solving the case.

ETA - Let me make it clear, in the wake of all the reactions to a prior post, that I'm not trying to tell anyone how to post or what to talk about! As I mentioned, I talk about these things too. I'm just commenting on MY OWN OPINION on the relative value of the information we're pursuing, in relation to solving the case ...my opinion, nothing more, and not meant to bother anyone. If anyone felt they were being criticized somehow, it was not intended, and my apologies in advance!!

i don't think anyone of us here actually plans to solve the case. Its just discussions, and throwing ideas back and forth.

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

I never did. I'm small town. Is it a common term?

Here is the Inside Edition video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEcE6XyW838&feature=youtu.be EDITED TO ADD PHOTO.

attachment.php
Here is a screenshot of the headshot. Eyebrows or mask?

thanks...this was posted a few days ago and nope, it's not eyebrows. The killer is wearing some sort of guard that covers most of their forehead, the ridge of the nose and the cheeks directly under the eyes (in addition to the balaclava, "veil," and helmet.) I haven't found 1 single frame of the video where the killer's eyebrows are actually visible.

On March 9th it was raining, and Missy posted the "If it's raining we're still training meme" to her FB page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...571350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3&theater

She said "Good Morning CG MIDLO....you know your training is never put on hold, no matter what the weather! We are under the awning at Creekside Church of Christ. See you soon!!"

I think we could safely assume she meant they were training in the porte cochere area, not that they were training under the awning of the west entrance as it wouldn't cover too many people! So there's one person who would call that porte cochere area an awning.....

Respectfully, the awning MB is referring to is yet another area - not the porte cochere, not the main entry awning, but the patio, adjacent to the porte cochere.

You might be able to see it best here:
attachment.php

Attachments

• awnings.jpg
    awnings.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 344
We actually call it an overhang, covered drop off area or place to park our horses.
Cannonball you are starting to offend this Texas girl and our police officers.

Horses and carriages... Parkin your horse. Lol.
I hope its a joke cause it sounded funny.
Just sleuthin' porte corechte. Nope I'll never be able to spell it.
No porte coretches where i live. Can you call it a canopy?

This is a hard one, y'all, but I think it's worth the debate. Batbrat raises a good point in wondering why LE would say that MB was seen on camera moving in the direction of where SP was last seen. Where would that be if she came in through the SW doors? That would about 2 steps if she was also located in the SW side, right? Maybe it's possible that she was actually killed elsewhere and dragged to the SW side. I know that others have discussed that before. Is it possible? It would explain the discrepancy.

The below is my proposed explanation that accounts for every one of those questions.

1 MB enters the SW doors under the awning area.
2 As she does, she is picked on cam, first by the cam noted as c1 which has a peripheral view all the way into the vestibule itself.
3 As she steps further northward up/down the main hallway, she is picked up by cam c2 which is looking over her shoulder.
4 Perp is lurking ahead, in one of the locations noted (P1, P2, or P3), having been seen by the cams earlier but not seen by MB as she enters and takes that stroll.
5 As she moves further up/down the hallway, per the arrow, the cam c2 loses sight of her movement and stops recording, and sometime shortly after that perp attacks.
6 Perhaps as he attacks, he pulls her out of the hallway. Perhaps she is first subdued then dragged to a spot, perhaps not.
7 Ultimately her body ends up in one of the places marked by an X, or maybe at P1 or P2 location, all generally in SW corner of the building's interior.
8 From any of those spots, an unseen-by-cam exit could have been possible out the kitchen door on N side of building, as LE believes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB entry.png
    MB entry.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 601
thanks...this was posted a few days ago and nope, it's not eyebrows. The killer is wearing some sort of guard that covers most of their forehead, the ridge of the nose and the cheeks directly under the eyes (in addition to the balaclava, "veil," and helmet.) I haven't found 1 single frame of the video where the killer's eyebrows are actually visible.

Perp really, really, really wanted to be hidden behind all those layers of protection/coverage. IMO that alone rules out this being an unplanned murder; such as a burglary gone wrong or a teen playing some type of game. Perp took too much precaution to be there with the intention of doing anything other than commit a murder. IMO.

Respectfully, the awning MB is referring to is yet another area - not the porte cochere, not the main entry awning, but the patio, adjacent to the porte cochere.

You might be able to see it best here:
attachment.php

respectfully, isn't that kind of splitting hairs a little? the porte cochere and the patio are covered by the same roof structure as each other, so if one is the awning, the other is too.

I guess kind of the point is: there is an awning other than the one on the west side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV