TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement have said the killer spent several minutes in the kitchen at the church...and in a press conference didn't law enforcement also say they know *what* the killer was doing in there?

If so, I wonder what that could be and how they determined what the killer was doing.

Or did I mishear/misread what was said?

Are u speaking about the skinny guy with the goatee? I didn't notice anything except he scratched his face. I do recall however, Minnesota Mary going off about something he did.
I just have my phone so was there something I missed with a small screen?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes, that's who I'm referring to. I'll have to go back and read those posts.

Okay, so starting again with LE's quote:
" ...again we know the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around 4:18, again approximate time, we see her in the video. She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have no video of the assault actually taking place."

In the image I am attaching, this is the main hallway, correct? Are those exterior doors at the far end? If so, in this image it looks like the camera has view of almost the entire hallway. Now, out of range just means she isn't being recorded, not that she necessarily made it safely all the way down to the north end. To me though, it implies they see SP, at a minimum, grab her and drag her in to a room, or she for some reason turns into a room on her own. Either way, LE's wording of 'when she gets out of the range of the camera' seems a bit odd. It maybe fits better if she turned in to a room on her own I suppose, but I would still say "until she turns in to a room where we have no footage of her". I will say if she turns in to the kids room or sanctuary on her own and right to where SP is hiding, that removes all doubt for me that this could have been done or planned by anyone other than someone who knew her WELL.

Unless I am missing some scenario that cleanly ties all previous LE statements + LE's new info she entered the SW door + the image showing that C2 records a good deal of the main hallway, I feel like LE isn't giving an accurate account of what they have seen on film. Maybe not lying, but carefully crafting their words to keep specifics under wraps for now.

Good question. "Out of range of the camera" isn't about their field of vision, strictly speaking.

It's about a characteristic of those cams that LE has noted and that we see in the other videos, which is that they would trigger to the on position when they detected movement, and they would trigger to the off position (and stop recording) when they didn't, and as you move farther away from them, the less likely for the camera to detect your presence/movement. So we see in the released video that as perp moved down the hall away from the camera, he suddenly vanishes into thin air, and then when he comes back he reappears from nowhere, even though it's still within the sight lines of the camera strictly speaking.

Like I said, not only do we see that in perp video, but LE has mentioned it.

So from what LE says, it's the same thing with MB. At some point in the main (ie west side) hallway, as she's walking away from the cam, they told us that it stopped recording, and they also told us that this "disappearing act" happened in the broad "vicinity" of where her body was found. So it's logical that the cam shuts off somewhere SW-ish, and I have drawn my map to reflect that (with the red X's denoting potential places where her body may have been found, places with no cam).

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB entry.png
    MB entry.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 360
Also, what door did the campers get in searching for MB, the South entry (Porte Cochere) or the West entry (Main)? Anyone knows?

-Nin

Can you post your thoughts please?

Thanks

Sure. 1) He looks peeved. 2) He reacts when a) Chief clarifies their initial statement male vs. male/female perp; and b) when asked about the Swatperp gear.

Good question. "Out of range of the camera" isn't about their field of vision, strictly speaking.

It's about a characteristic of those cams that LE has noted and that we see in the other videos, which is that they would trigger to the on position when they detected movement, and they would trigger to the off position (and stop recording) when they didn't, and as you move farther away from them, the less likely for the camera to detect your presence/movement. So we see in the released video that as perp moved down the hall away from the camera, he suddenly vanishes into thin air, and then when he comes back he reappears from nowhere, even though it's still within the sight lines of the camera strictly speaking.

Like I said, not only do we see that in perp video, but LE has mentioned it.

So from what LE says, it's the same thing with MB. At some point in the main (ie west side) hallway, as she's walking away from the cam, it stops recording. We do know that the "disappearing act" happened in the broad "vicinity" of where her body was found, so it's logical that the cam shuts off somewhere SW-ish, and I have drawn my map to reflect that (with the red X's denoting potential places where her body may have been found, places with no cam).

attachment.php

That makes sense, although it does seem a bit odd in how they are set then. We know that movement at the north end of the Holy Grounds is close enough to trigger motion sensors and keep recording from the extended footage of the image I pasted. Even if that is the most north spot they can capture motion (which seems a fairly short), they should be set to quit recording at a specified time after motion stops. So even if set to 1 second, that gets MB north of the southern auditorium entrance. I guess your P2 spot then becomes the next possible spot keeping her anywhere close to a SW location of the building. I still am not sure how the camera wouldn't sense pixel changes at that point, but assuming they don't - it sure isn't a great choice of location. Right in front of the big, glass, main entrance doors....

Also, what door did the campers get in searching for MB, the South entry (Porte Cochere) or the West entry (Main)? Anyone knows?

-Nin

This is a total guess, but I would assume the SW PC doors. If that was the spot they gathered to work out in and the door was already unlocked by MB, I would think that is where they would try first.

BBM & IMO- this is most logical explanation. MB could have simply walked through the double doors and took a left into the bathroom. I also think this ties in with the scene being released as quickly as it was. However, it dosn't tie in with the broken glass and signs of struggle with perp.

I have a question about this, and maybe someone has seen some images or footage that might clear it up. In the photo below, you can see through the vestibule into the area we've been discussing. The bulletin board can be seen through the left door (yellow arrow). To the left of that door, there's a irregular edged area on one of the vestibule windows that looks odd. I wonder if this pane of safety glass has been smashed out (red arrow)? Directly behind the window to the left of the broken looking window you can see what appears to be a dark-colored doorway (blue arrow) - presumably that doorway is across the hallway from the windows, which I believe may be one of the restroom doors.

So my question is, if MB's body was found in that restroom hallway, could the pane of glass that appears broken have been broken in the struggle? I'm curious what others think or if anyone else can confirm this window was popped. Especially you safety glass experts or folks who have been on the property. Thanks in advance!

attachment.php

Edited to reword for clarification.

Attachments

• glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 430
I have a question about this, and maybe someone has seen some images or footage that might clear it up. In the photo below, there's an area on one of the inner vestibule windows to the left of the door (yellow arrow, bulletin board in background) that looks odd. I wonder if this pane of safety glass has been smashed out (red arrow)? Directly behind the window to the left of the "broken?" window you can see what appears to be a dark-colored doorway (blue arrow) - presumably across the hallway from the windows, which I believe may be one of the restroom doors.

If MB's body was found in that restroom hallway, could the pane of glass that appears broken have been broken in the struggle? I'm curious what others think or if anyone else can confirm this window was popped.

attachment.php

I think the door to the left of the bulletin board is open and we are seeing something hanging at the interior wall, like kidd' s art stuff or so. The turquoise arrow I believe is pointing to a reflection of the reeling and the column across. -Nin

ETA: Just saw the structure in the window is behind the reeling. So it looks like a reeling reflection and some kind of a possible door then. -Nin

Scratch all of it..it's a reflection. Oh boy, what a day I am having..;-)

That makes sense, although it does seem a bit odd in how they are set then. We know that movement at the north end of the Holy Grounds is close enough to trigger motion sensors and keep recording from the extended footage of the image I pasted. Even if that is the most north spot they can capture motion (which seems a fairly short), they should be set to quit recording at a specified time after motion stops. So even if set to 1 second, that gets MB north of the southern auditorium entrance. I guess your P2 spot then becomes the next possible spot keeping her anywhere close to a SW location of the building. I still am not sure how the camera wouldn't sense pixel changes at that point, but assuming they don't - it sure isn't a great choice of location. Right in front of the big, glass, main entrance doors....

You're right, the cam system proved way less than ideal. I guess it falls in the category of "it was what it was." OTOH the church hadn't had a break-in in the prior year at least, per LE, so they may not have known how inadequate their setup was. It's likely no one was "testing" it or reviewing video, with no reason to do so, leaving them unaware and perhaps with a false sense of security.

As far as where the cam cut off its recording, we kind of have two factors pulling us in opposite directions, and the answer lies somewhere in the overlap, which is probably a small area. It has to be far enough away from c2 cam to have the cam stop recording, but it has to be close enough to the SW location of the body that LE would describe the shut-off point as being in that "vicinity." We also have a bit more latitude than that in where the attack itself began, because all we have to surmise is that it was at some point after the cam shut off.

Interesting how close the "Cub Corner" door (additional door, room #2) is located to the West Entrance:

attachment.php

Source:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/midlothian-murder-may-have-been-targeted-attack/

-Nin
Hmmmm, that brings about an interesting scenario. Are you thinking SP ran through the kids room and escaped out through the front (west) door? Actually, that makes sense but only if there is a door from the kids room directly to the bathrooms.

Interesting how close the "Cub Corner" door (additional door, room #2) is located to the West Entrance:

attachment.php

Source:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/midlothian-murder-may-have-been-targeted-attack/

-Nin

Very often in schools and day care facilities they connect the youngsters' classroom to a children facilitated bathroom (lower seats, lower sinks/ steps). Not sure if it's the case here, but it is possible. However, those bathrooms would then not be used by the regular public. Just saying.

-Nin

Hi Jane - I am also local and not saying what you were told is not true but I have heard from locals that know 2 of the campers and story is different. What I can say is that these campers were subjected to a horrific scene. However, they found her will be with them forever and no one should have to deal with that the rest of their lives . My heart goes out to them.

That just made me have a thought. We have all been asking why in the church? Was there a significance? Now maybe this was stated in a very early thread but here goes: murderer wanted MB found by CG members (no matter who they were) to send a message of distaste for CG. We know at least 2 people who have made public statements (all be it round about ways) to say they did not like CG and that It had taken over MBs life.

I am assuming the campers were interviewed by MPD. Are they under gag order?

Hmmmm, that brings about an interesting scenario. Are you thinking SP ran through the kids room and escaped out through the front (west) door? Actually, that makes sense but only if there is a door from the kids room directly to the bathrooms.

The kid's room itself is a prime possibility for the location of MBs body, being both SW and also in the general vicinity of where the cam would likely have stopped seeing her, and allows a path for an unseen-on-cam exit via the kitchen door. The red Xs are where MB may have been found, and the red line a possible exit path for perp from kid's room. Since MB entered via SW, no reason to think the W doors had been unlocked, and LE also mentioned that perp was most likely to have gone inside to the exit closest to his vehicle and exited there.

It's less likely that she was found in the restroom area because of the cam-view issues, and descriptions given by LE.

Re a back hall, that's not logical and none is known (it would eat up space better used for other things). And you wouldn't want a door directly into the toddler kids room from the general public bathrooms, either. Although, with plumbing right there on the back wall, fwiw the kids room could easily have a sink or even a small enclosed toilet area of its own. ETA - I see NIN thinking the same thing too while I'm typing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• perp exit.png
    perp exit.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 306
Ummm, yeah. I've never heard those words until this case. Not even sure how to pronounce them! Interesting because if the official definition was from it being used for carriages....because we own horses, and yet I've still never heard of it!

I don't know that even matters what that area is called. From photos, Missy's truck was parked there.

Man I hope this case is solved soon! The not knowing drives me bonkers! I can't imagine what Missy's family and loved ones feel.

Port coe-share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kid's room itself is a prime possibility for the location of MBs body, being both SW and also in the general vicinity of where the cam would likely have stopped seeing her, and allows a path for an unseen-on-cam exit via the kitchen door. The red Xs are where MB may have been found, and the red line a possible exit path for perp from kid's room.

It's less likely that she was found in the restroom area because of the cam-view issues, and descriptions given by LE.

Re a back hall, that's not logical and none is known (it would eat up space better used for other things). And you wouldn't want a door directly into the toddler kids room from the general public bathrooms, either. Although, with plumbing right there on the back wall, fwiw the kids room could easily have a sink or even a small enclosed toilet area of its own.

attachment.php
Ok. I now see what you are saying. But....don't you think the NE camera would have picked up the perp coming down the north
(kichen) hallway and then to SP'S exit through the kitchen door?

And the reason I say this is because during the 1st sequence of the video, SP is clearly taped by the NE camera as he comes out of the kitchen and then as he heads west to the west side main hallway.

We do not know if the campers are under a gag order.....my guess is that LE asked them not to speak publicly. But with all the locals who have come here to say that they have "heard" this and that, and or "know" the campers or one of them or know friends of the campers, it seems to me that they must have talked, and those who they talked to talked and on and on.......One poster who I have not seen in a long time, indicated that s/he knew the campers, knew the family and knew (knows) MC and KC as well, but she said that she is so defensive of the family that she felt that she would not be of much assistance posting here. She DID seem to know details that only someone close would know. Just My Opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech