TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am now on board with your ideas of where she may have been attacked and found, I am starting to doubt LEs statements about what was caught on camera. When I look at the short MPD videos (the zoomed out versions), it really looks as though the cameras can see all the way down the hallways. I agree there may be some far edges where motion would no longer be detected, but anything within the primary view (most of the entire hall) should trigger enough pixel change to keep recording. I will buy that an open door could cause issues, but that seems like you would still see her walking, then get immediately dragged out of frame or something. You can set cameras to ignore motion in specified areas of the field of view, but I can't imagine they did that for a church. Why tell them to ignore the ends of the halls? I also assume if they had a technical glitch they would have mentioned that they didn't have the attack on film due to some technical malfunction. I have watched the film over and over, looked at all the maps, and I just can't figure out how to align what they said MB did, where she was found and what should have been on camera if it happened as they stated. The only other option is back to the bathrooms. I guess if she pulls up, headlights trigger motion and record her walking in the door where she immediately turns left and then is out of view - but that is a pretty liberal interpretation of "we see her in the video. She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her". That means her walking down the main hallway is all of 1 or 2 steps once inside the door.

1 You observe what should have been, as to cams and videos, and I agree. But the case is stuck with what was, on that day.
2 It's possible that CCoC thought they had better coverage than they actually did, but never had any real situation to see how it worked in real time.
3 LE did say there were tech issues (using the term technical or technological, I don't recall which) and maybe I saw intermittent or malfunctioning used too (I'm too short on time to research quotes, at the moment).
4 And like you, based on the other video we have from cams c1 and c2, I can't rationally fit that path with LE words, nor see anyone getting into and out of that restroom area unseen by cam.

Good question. We do have to have the perp get out that door without being seen. Here's what I think happened, that would allow that possibility:
1 The NE cam was too far away to detect movement at the W end of the northside hall and turn on, until someone got much closer. I think.
2 With perp exiting at kitchen door, he was never close enough to trigger the cam. I think.
3 The early sequence in the released video shows perp closer to the cam, farther east on that northside hall, when it turned on. I think.
4 It's possible that perp had opened doors in that hall, like we see him doing in other halls, and that they further obscured movement and prevented cam from turning on and recording. Just a guess that maybe we have an added factor too.

Here is another possibility. What if the perp was running full speed? I'm not sure what kind of delay there is between movement detection and recording activation. If it's a delay of a few seconds, then maybe he was gone from view and the video recorded an empty space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had companies who supplied me with a phone, for contact with certain clients, so my personal phone number was not given out.

Also, MB's business "location" was her phone, not a storefront. In that setup, the way you shut the doors is to be able to turn off the phone at a certain hour, and send all the calls to voicemail until you "open" again for business.

Of course, there are also nefarious reasons for an extra phone.

Just so I understand; So for all of the phone numbers listed on the SW, those are all the numbers that for whatever reason appeared on MB's phone? So for the persons listed with more than one phone number, that means that they called or texted MB (or she them) with both of their phones. Right?

I was responding to your map.
Your map shows only one room-
the Kids Room. There are obviously 2 rooms there, therefore making your map confusing.

Sorry, but I don't really specify ANY of the division of rooms on my map. Just general areas/notes. Didn't mean to confuse.

Here is another possibility. What if the perp was running full speed? I'm not sure what kind of delay there is between movement detection and recording activation. If it's a delay of a few seconds, then maybe he was gone from view and the video recorded an empty space.

I considered that too. But in that get up and funny walk?! Just seems SP was too smart for that and/or to take that chance.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Just so I understand; So for all of the phone numbers listed on the SW, those are all the numbers that for whatever reason appeared on MB's phone? So for the persons listed with more than one phone number, that means that they called or texted MB (or she them) with both of their phones. Right?
Could any of those been a landline?

The delay is generally enough that I could see that being possible if SP sprinted across the hall, so from W2 to sanctuary, then up through the sanctuary, and across again to kitchen. That would give him his kitchen exit without being seen on camera after the murder. I am still not sure how MB walks out of range of the main hall camera but is somehow found in SW corner. Unless, maybe up main hall, turns left to open main west doors for some reason and is attacked there and pulled in to W2?? No guess at all though as to why she would need to do that. And it would have to have been something she did routinely for SP to know and hide there out of range waiting for her.

Razz's comment of our waddly, duck footed, SP all loaded up in gear running across the hall is quite the visual after so many hours of watching that slow lumbering walk!

The delay is generally enough that I could see that being possible if SP sprinted across the hall, so from W2 to sanctuary, then up through the sanctuary, and across again to kitchen. That would give him his kitchen exit without being seen on camera after the murder. I am still not sure how MB walks out of range of the main hall camera but is somehow found in SW corner. Unless, maybe up main hall, turns left to open main west doors for some reason and is attacked there and pulled in to W2?? No guess at all though as to why she would need to do that. And it would have to have been something she did routinely for SP to know and hide there out of range waiting for her.

Razz's comment of our waddly, duck footed, SP all loaded up in gear running across the hall is quite the visual after so many hours of watching that slow lumbering walk!

Has anyone considered that when LE says they could see MB entering the building, and they mentioned unloading equipment that she could have been caught on camera comming in and then back out into the area between the double doors, and that would also be out of view. Does anyone know how far down the hall the bathrooms are or even if the camera view starts past the restrooms, in witch case it could have been right inside the doors or the restrooms. Also, does anyone know if there are restrooms further down the hall, or if the exit door to the patio area is out of camera view?

I just now went looking for the SW that listed those POI and phone numbers but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else can. I don't know why it wasn't listed with the other SWs that are linked on page 1 of this thread.

I'm not sure of this, but Maybe LE was going off the recent call history and recent text messages. There would have been a lot more than 9 people listed if they had included everyone in her contact list.

I seem to remember the SW saying something about tips from interviews. So maybe those names and phone numbers were compiled not just from recent contact via the phone, but also interviews where someone said hey, you need to look at so-and-so.

Interesting how close the "Cub Corner" door (additional door, room #2) is located to the West Entrance:

attachment.php

Source:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/midlothian-murder-may-have-been-targeted-attack/

-Nin
On the inside it looks like this ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• hallway 23.png
    hallway 23.png
    651 KB · Views: 265
I have a question about this, and maybe someone has seen some images or footage that might clear it up. In the photo below, you can see through the vestibule into the area we've been discussing. The bulletin board can be seen through the left door (yellow arrow). To the left of that door, there's a irregular edged area on one of the vestibule windows that looks odd. I wonder if this pane of safety glass has been smashed out (red arrow)? Directly behind the window to the left of the broken looking window you can see what appears to be a dark-colored doorway (blue arrow) - presumably that doorway is across the hallway from the windows, which I believe may be one of the restroom doors.

So my question is, if MB's body was found in that restroom hallway, could the pane of glass that appears broken have been broken in the struggle? I'm curious what others think or if anyone else can confirm this window was popped. Especially you safety glass experts or folks who have been on the property. Thanks in advance!

attachment.php

Edited to reword for clarification.
What appears to be a broken pane is the cross. I have an image I made to show why I believe this area not to be where the murder took place.

attachment.php

Attachments

• WhyIThinkNotSWCorner.png
    WhyIThinkNotSWCorner.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 359
I always wonder why anyone would want to pay for two separate cellphone plans. Business owned vs personal?

Could one of the cell phones been for the kids to use?

Edited to add: I ask this not to sleuth the kids or cast any suspicion on them. I post this only to suggest a reason why someone might have two cell phones in their name.

I always wonder why anyone would want to pay for two separate cellphone plans. Business owned vs personal?

Lots of people don't realize that if you put your company email etc on your own phone..there are circumstances under which you could lose your phone and the business would own it...

Why are you so sure SP escaped that way? I think the cops were a tad "pixalated" and unsure when they said he left the way he came in. It was a shaky assumption imo.

Also, if you look at the 2nd sequence of videos in the West
main hallway, there are 2 doors along the west side, (opposite side from Holy Grounds). One of the doors is opened and the next one is where the SP gives up trying to get into.

The first door SP goes to is for Room 4 (I have an updated map coming a little later). Room 4 is where they have the toddlers under 2. Room 2 is where the infants and crawlers are. Basically I have divided room 2 on my previous map in half (and I believe they are connected internally between those rooms.

The second door, where SP seems only interested in leaving tool marks is some kind of hall closet in my opinion - based on where the bathrooms are.

For those interested in obtaining a rough approximation of how far the camera in the West Hall looking North can "see" (detect motion) here is how you can calculate it.

attachment.php

If you start at the bottom and count the tiles on the floor until you get to where SP is. Each tile is 4 feet x 4 feet. You should count 8 of them and that means that this particular camera "sees" about 32 feet or so.

Attachments

• WhereSPAppearsFirstWestHall.png
    WhereSPAppearsFirstWestHall.png
    321 KB · Views: 433
Sure. 1) He looks peeved. 2) He reacts when a) Chief clarifies their initial statement male vs. male/female perp; and b) when asked about the Swatperp gear.

OK Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Now I will go back and review his statement. 👀

Thanks again

JMO 🐮

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members