TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what they said was that the driver had not come forward, not that the car had not been found. They may well also mean that they haven't found the car, but it's also possible that it was a stolen car and the police found it but don't know who was driving, or that it was a rental car driven by someone who used a fake ID.

Interesting.

Wow. I had absolutely no idea that was a thing.
Actually, I am a member of the church of Christ and was surprised to find that the Creekside Church used instrumental music in worship. The original church sings a capella in worship services. Having said that, I don't believe MB would have offended the Creekside folks by the use of music in and of itself. If it was an offended member, I believe it would be for another reason.

Actually, I am a member of the church of Christ and was surprised to find that the Creekside Church used instrumental music in worship. The original church sings a capella in worship services. Having said that, I don't believe MB would have offended the Creekside folks by the use of music in and of itself. If it was an offended member, I believe it would be for another reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I estimate app 400 - 500+ members based on this. It's a blog I cannot post, but you can google it: A+Revelation+of+Things+to+Come-+Embracing+the+Change+Agenda

-Nin

WOW 😮

You are one good sleuther. I would LOVE to state my opinions on this, but I'm aware of the TOS

Thanks Very interesting read‼️

If I am correct in my understanding, (he) is the Administrative Sergeant for MPD. Among his duties is conducting internal affairs investigations. http://www.midlothian.tx.us/index.aspx?NID=503. Which isn't surprising given the get-up of the SwatPerp. I would imagine they would have taken that very seriously.

Thank you SleutherySea for all your help. You are always informative and go the extra mile. 👍🏼

JMHO

Regarding motivation, "for the honor of the church" by a person who really liked the church (which preaches "do not murder" and "love" and "forgive" and which MB doesn't even attend) seems like it would be way down the list of likely incentives to murder MB. To me, way too complicated.

I'd think it was the simple stuff, the stuff that our lives (sadly) tend to cater to. Money motive (in some variation or another) is one of the most common motives. Sex/relationship stuff is the other. I'm wagering it will prove to be some variation of one of those, when all is said and done.

I think what they said was that the driver had not come forward, not that the car had not been found. They may well also mean that they haven't found the car, but it's also possible that it was a stolen car and the police found it but don't know who was driving, or that it was a rental car driven by someone who used a fake ID.

I tend to take LE at face value. Their statements, consistently, have indicated they have no clue yet as to car or driver, and it's more a loose end/curiosity than a priority anyhow. So the fact that they don't know isn't much of a thing to them, and no reason to obfuscate on the matter.

Regarding motivation, "for the honor of the church" by a person who really liked the church (which preaches "do not murder" and "love" and "forgive" and which MB doesn't even attend) seems like it would be way down the list of likely incentives to murder MB. To me, way too complicated.

I'd think it was the simple stuff, the stuff that our lives (sadly) tend to cater to. Money motive (in some variation or another) is one of the most common motives. Sex/relationship stuff is the other. I'm wagering it will prove to be some variation of one of those, when all is said and done.
This is a pretty broad sweep here, but I'd be 90-95% that this is what we'll find out.

I have posted it before. POI is possibly a CChurch affiliate. Motive: MB "disgraced" "their" church with something, that was either directly or indirectly (tape) witnessed by that person not so long prior to MB's murder. The CG group in general was an "eyesore" to that person. They wanted them to find MB "crucified" at the church. They "cleansed" the church by their action. Somebody knows, but is bound by priest-penitent privilege. LE was still tipped off by a person close to person with knowledge. Bevers family.. is not involved.

All IMO

-Nin
:cow:

NIN, would you expound on these two points for a bit more of understanding, please?

1) If, in the SP's mind, Missy was in some manner disgracing the CoC, why did SP feel murdering her would be a forgiven sin upon Judgement Day? Murder is against the tenets of the CoC since they wholly believe in both testaments of the Bible.

1) Never have I been one to feel that MB did anything at or inside the church other than perform her duties as a CG trainer. If the SP was a CoC member, why wait seven months to kill her for what they deemed to be a "disgrace" worthy of crucifying?

Church of Christ
Basic Beliefs

6. We believe in the literal second coming and millennial reign of Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the Dead, and in Eternal Judgment; that men will be rewarded or punished according to the good or evil they may have done.
(Mat 16:27; Rev 20 : 1-6, 12-15, 22: 12; 1 Ne 7:55-62; 2 Ne 12:87-99; A 19:66-69)

http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/basicBeliefs.html

O/T that is a new revelation to me.
Basic belief:

23. We believe a temple will be built in this generation, in Independence, Missouri, wherein Christ will reveal himself and endow his servants whom he chooses with power to preach the gospel in all the world to every kindred, tongue and people, that the promises of God to Israel may be fulfilled.
(Mic 4:1-2; Mal 3:1-4; 3 Ne 10:4; Eth 6:8)

This is a pretty broad sweep here, but I'd be 90-95% that this is what we'll find out.

Yes it is a broad sweep, with just those two possible motives (money stuff, or sex/relationship stuff). Guilty as charged!!

But it's also the truth that these are what drive the vast majority of bad crimes. And I mention it because sometimes it pays to play to the odds. That is to say, if I'm stuck or confused on motive, I wanna make sure I'm looking most of all for my fish in the areas where fish tend to be. Maybe this is best categorized as "Note to self: it was probably about money or sex." :)

Church of Christ
Basic Beliefs
6. We believe in the literal second coming and millennial reign of Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the Dead, and in Eternal Judgment; that men will be rewarded or punished according to the good or evil they may have done.
(Mat 16:27; Rev 20 : 1-6, 12-15, 22: 12; 1 Ne 7:55-62; 2 Ne 12:87-99; A 19:66-69)
http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/basicBeliefs.html
O/T that is a new revelation to me.
Basic belief:
23. We believe a temple will be built in this generation, in Independence, Missouri, wherein Christ will reveal himself and endow his servants whom he chooses with power to preach the gospel in all the world to every kindred, tongue and people, that the promises of God to Israel may be fulfilled.(Mic 4:1-2; Mal 3:1-4; 3 Ne 10:4; Eth 6:8)

FYI this is certainly not a statement of CCoC beliefs. Nor does it reflect what you would be taught in typical "Church of Christ" churches. What you have quoted is from a website for an offshoot of the Mormons, with a variation of [my description, but one I believe is accurate] pseudo-Christian Mormonism.

Was it ever clarified for a fact that this class was to be moved to another location and was a reason ever determined as to why the upcoming move?

Until five years ago when I moved to another state, I had been a resident of the area where the crime occurred for more than 50 years. This crime has a different feel to it than most I have followed and certainly is different from crimes that typically happen in this area. It's more calculated and rage-motivated, IMO. I'm shocked and horrified that someone took this mother from her children and pray that the murderer will be apprehended soon.

Some ideas I keep coming back to as I ponder the theories of more experienced sleuths:

1) It's a sad fact that many people have affairs, but not many of these situations result in murder. What (if we assume that one or both parties had extramarital dalliances) makes this situation different from what other couples in the same situation face?

2) If the murder was indeed planned, what would have happened if it hadn't rained on that particular day?

3) If the planned murder was definitely going to occur during that week, was the home setting avoided out of concern for MB's family or out of fear of discovery since more people (neighbors, etc.) might witness the activity?

4) While I don't think that there were multiple perps, it does remain within the realm of possibility. However, if there were two unrelated perps, there would, IMO, be a higher likelihood that one perp would turn on the other under pressure. The only situation in which I believe two perps would make sense would be if multiple unrelated persons had a high-stake reason for wanting to eliminate MB.

I realize that some may view lengthy discussions on certain topics as a waste of time. Brainstorming and turning every stone could provide the key to solving this case, though.

I'm about 8 pages behind, but here are my thoughts.

1. If there really had been rumors about Missy having an affair with a black man, that may be what was different. If there is racism in their family or friend group, maybe someone felt it was so insulting to BB to cheat with a black man that it justified killing Missy.

2. I don't think it would have changed anything if it hadn't been raining. It was Missy's routine to enter the church to turn on lights, so she would have gone inside either way.

3. I think the murder was done where it was done to avoid the children being the ones to find her body. Even if BB had been in town, meaning he might have found her, I think they would have still done it at the church to spare the children any trauma at their home.

4. Most likely there were at least 2 people involved. At the least, I think even if it was only 1 person, there is 1 more who knew after the fact.

I would like to post this pic again and see if someone has a guess as to what this white area is. This is straight from the video from MPD and it is constant from 1:15 and until SP enter s the doors where SP raises their arms.

Any ideas?

attachment.php

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 572
Looks like a flip-down door stop imo, keeping the door from closing.

Was it ever clarified for a fact that this class was to be moved to another location and was a reason ever determined as to why the upcoming move?

The early class wasn't moving. The 9 am class had an upcoming slight change in its location.

I would like to post this pic again and see if someone has a guess as to what this white area is. This is straight from the video from MPD and it is constant from 1:15 and until SP enter s the doors where SP raises their arms.

Any ideas?

attachment.php

I agree with Steve - door stop.

too far forward on door and not the right shape. Check it out in video if you like and make it full screen. Thank you.

If you run your finger down the right side of the door it ends right on it, which is right where the door stop should be. As to the shape, I think that's just distortion from the poor lighting.

If you run your finger down the right side of the door it ends right on it, which is right where the door stop should be. As to the shape, I think that's just distortion from the poor lighting.

with respect it doesn't and it's not lighting I checked so not sure what it is. A door jam would also be the same color as the door with a little rubber piece at the bottom and this is white and pretty good size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc