TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a theory that MB was found in the auditorium, because it otherwise accounts for some of the geographical issues. But I don't think the class worked out in the auditorium (nor do I think it matters). I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there might have been many glass objects in there. Jethro only said that the door isn't glass, but ...

In trying to figure where LE might have been indicating, as we've discussed before on other matters, all that matters is what LE meant at the time they said it, so we have to allow the possibility for all sorts of variations they could have had in mind. I had to consider that "SW" in one sense could be 1/4 of the entire building (with their intent being to indicate a general broad area - NW, N, NE, SW, S, SE area in general - rather than any specific spot), and if that was the case, part of the auditorium could be included. I also had to consider that when they used the term "interior" of the building, they may have been thinking specifically of and indicating the auditorium since it is the center/interior-most part of the building. (The exact expression they used was "southwest corner of the interior of the building" rather than "southwest corner of the building.") So there are at least a couple of ways that the intent of LE's words might have fit with the body being found in this auditorium area.

I think they specified "interior" to indicate she was killed inside the building, rather than outside near her truck or under the awning, not that she was in the auditorium.

....and, when the reason (motive) for this killing is revealed, it will all ring with bell-like clarity for any and all suppositions that have been offered up. The one thing that's gonna be constant is that it's never okay to steal someone's life. I don't know Missy, but I grieve for her.

momo1248, thanks for your post.... your words have echoed in my mind all afternoon. Especially, the "bell-like clarity" once the "reason for the killing" (motive) is revealed. I agree with you, and it makes me shudder and feel very sad because it rings so very true to me.

But for now, IMO, we know very little.

That doesn't appear to be the case. Well, at least not a lift of significant size. In order for a shoe lift to add that much height, the instep of the foot would appear thick. There are several frames in the video that show a low heel and an average-thickness instep.

attachment.php

With the naked eyed, that looks like a prosthetic right leg/foot. Obviously that would have made this easy to solve if it were true, but it still looks like it to me.

"I almost wrote 'I suck' which is also true."

That cracked me UP!!!!!!!!
Much appreciated : )

Here is a portion where it is indicated that:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542

"
Motion-activated cameras show the person wandering around from room to room. The person was wearing a bulletproof vest with the word “POLICE” on both sides, as well as a helmet concealing their face. They appeared to be carrying a tool used to break windows.

Sources tell News 8 that investigators are certain that Bevers was the target, and did not stumble into a burglary gone bad.
They further believe that the scene was staged to make it look like there had been a burglary ."

Media Sources with respect to investigations, are at most times within LE.

IMO the only reason LE has come out offering another scenario, (looking at the angle of it being an untargetted attack [July 2016
http://www.people.com/article/missy-bevers-investigation-slow-texas-fitness-allegedly "... they are exploring the option that the crime was "an untargeted type of hit," is because certain other persons came out in the media, in interviews on primetime shows and via reporters, flip-flopping on what had been stated early on.
I may add as well that LE confirmed nothing was taken.The perp was also in the common areas of a church, not places where IMO any valuables/offerings are kept.

Posts have been removed.

Stop the snark, arrogance, and personalizing in this thread. If it continues, Time Outs will be issued.

:tyou:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542

"
Motion-activated cameras show the person wandering around from room to room. The person was wearing a bulletproof vest with the word “POLICE” on both sides, as well as a helmet concealing their face. They appeared to be carrying a tool used to break windows.

Sources tell News 8 that investigators are certain that Bevers was the target, and did not stumble into a burglary gone bad.
They further believe that the scene was staged to make it look like there had been a burglary ."

Media Sources with respect to investigations, are within LE.
IMO the only reason LE has come out offering another scenario, (looking at the angle of it being an untargetted attack) is because certain other persons came out in the media, in interviews on primetime shows and via reporters, flip-flopping on what had been stated early on.
I think another reason is to muddy the waters, to make the POI relax and possibly slip up, thinking they're off their tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have only been following along casually to this case, but have read the last few threads. This is certainly a bizarre crime, it makes me assume that the circumstances/motives are likely on the bizarre side as well.

Male or female, could this be an obsession/infatuation that has turned bad? A woman who idolised her, or a man who had romantic feelings for her. I am thinking about psychology along the lines of Caroline Reed Robertson killing Rachel Barber, or Ricardo Lopez the Bjork stalker. Was she having a fitness mentorship type relationship with someone who she discovered was a bit off? When people are passionate about something it often creates a heightened sense of intimacy in a "relationship" early on, I think it would be easy for Missy to not realise for a little while that the person is off in their dealings with her. Then once she realises it is not just an enthusiastic new gym or class member, she cools off on them a bit and they cannot cope. I don't know a lot about the nature of the messages she received or the social media person who seemed to like her, or about her acting differently at the gym - do those pieces fit in a scenario like this?

Those type of perpetrators always put a lot of effort into their crimes.

I think they specified "interior" to indicate she was killed inside the building, rather than outside near her truck or under the awning, not that she was in the auditorium.

I agree that's certainly a possible meaning of what they said. My point is that with other possible meanings, we have to allow the possibility that LE meant any of those, rather than a specific one of our choosing ... and therefore, if we're guessing where MB's body was found, we would want to mention all the reasonably-possible places that could have been indicated. We can't lose sight of the fact that we are limited in those choices by the rest of what LE told us, too - it's some place unseen by cam, in the "vicinity" of where the cam stopped recording her walk down the main hallway, and a place from which perp exited unseen and from which LE figures that kitchen door was most likely exit.

I simply see missy as a mother, wife, and active/hard working. I can't see how she could be significant enough to warrant a hit by current or former LE. People see things all the time that they shouldnt, and they don't get mauled.

Entirely possible. But what I believe is that the perpetrators went to great lengths to throw virtual marbles on the ground in order to deflect and confuse, hence the scattered theories. I know it doesn't jibe with 'the simple answer is the best answer', but I truly believe the perpetrators have planted numerous false flags so to speak to get us looking in many different directions. And one of the directions is this exactly, the demeanor of the perp. I believe he did a lot of acting knowing he was on camera. He was playing a part, costume and all. It's possible.

Did the perpetrator(s) know the would be caught on camera? This is something we won't know until an arrest is made.. if then.
But did he/she/they plan for that possibility and do things purposely to create confusion and cause us to look in many different directions ...yes absolutely...a lot of acting...IMO

That's absolutely true. BB is another example. Said he didn't think she was targeted, then said he thought she was. And the SIL has kind of done the mirror image of that.

It just shows, IMHO, that theories are all over the place in this very difficult case to crack. With the family, with us, with LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking the SIL is now deflecting. As was MIL with her letters. Anything to get the focus off BB. (whether he's innocent or complicit)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I simply see missy as a mother, wife, and active/hard working. I can't see how she could be significant enough to warrant a hit by current or former LE. People see things all the time that they shouldnt, and they don't get mauled.

I see Missy also as a woman.

I don't know who would want Missy dead, or why.

IMOO.

"

Media Sources with respect to investigations, are at most times within LE.

IMO the only reason LE has come out offering another scenario, (looking at the angle of it being an untargetted attack [July 2016
http://www.people.com/article/missy-bevers-investigation-slow-texas-fitness-allegedly "... they are exploring the option that the crime was "an untargeted type of hit," is because certain other persons came out in the media, in interviews on primetime shows and via reporters, flip-flopping on what had been stated early on.
I may add as well that LE confirmed nothing was taken.The perp was also in the common areas of a church, not places where IMO any valuables/offerings are kept.

Just want to point out, respectfully, that the linked article is from April 27, while the murder took place April 18. That was really early in the investigation. Do we believe WFAA's unattributed quotes from April 27, or do we believe what LE has stated directly to us since then? Is LE lying to us when they know they're going on the record? Anything is possible. But as we've been discussing, there are a lot of head-scratching things in this case. The height discrepancies and a lot of other things. It's no wonder we're at each other's throats sometimes; a lot of things don't add up no matter how carefully you look at the case. We don't exactly know why they don't add up, either.

Imagine what it must be like for the dozen or so investigators who go to that 9 am briefing every day. I bet it gets contentious for them, too.

On May 23rd there was a news article where the LE stated people wondered if they were in over their heads, and he said have faith they know what they're doing and have a lot of wonderful help. Later in the article he stated there have been setbacks due to rumors and social media. That leads me to believe they are holding things close to the chest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the SIL is now deflecting. As was MIL with her letters. Anything to get the focus off BB. (whether he's innocent or complicit)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Then again, do we know if his family even likes him? Just because you're blood, doesn't mean you're necessarily in someone's corner, you know what I mean? With the trickiness of family dynamics, these people might not be able to stand the sight of each other. The longer this case drags on, the more their relationships will be strained under the stress, I think. That's regardless of the type of people they are or who has pure motives or not. This is a pressure cooker.

I'm curious to know specific reasons why you think a firearm is involved, because I know you're not a "wild rumor" kind of guy. Is it because of the documentation MPD provided in their refusal to disclose evidence? Is it because of the ATF being on site on Wednesday?
I have several reasons. The first is, as we have seen in the SWs, it said Missy had multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. Those wounds were consistent with tools that SP had been seen with and I believe left at the scene.

In one of the press conferences, it might have been the first one, A reporter asked a question (that I couldn't make out) and the reaction in response was "We did not say she was shot" - this may have been the first press conference so I would understand that. Sometime in May there was an article that appeared on the fox affiliate about the case and the headline had used the word "shot " (since changed) - the topic of the article wasn't about learning she was shot or anything like that. Now they have never stated that she "wasn't shot". They refuse to say the cause of death, that is, what was the fatal injury among all others and what weapon inflicted that injury. They have said that provides them with a "strategic advantage".

So, here is my line of thinking. If the wounds were consistent with the tools seen with SP (and I believe found at the scene) and one of those tools was the murder weapon what exactly would be a strategic advantage in not divulging that? If she had been shot, what again would be the strategic advantage in not divulging that? A tactical advantage, maybe. And just maybe.

There is that ATF K9. It was brought in for a reason. This was done the day after the autopsy, not the day of the murder, nor the day of the autopsy. Why specifically after the autopsy? If the autopsy concluded that the fatal injury (and all the other injuries) were caused by the tools found and no indication of the use of a firearm why do that? Naturally, why is MPD being tight-lipped about COD if there was no firearm involved.

Then there are the rumors. And I would expect that if they released the 911 tapes or the (redacted for names only) transcripts for those calls I believe we would hear or see the word "shot". Now, these people that found her wouldn't be able to make that kind of determination but to them that would be what they thought. Just how many people were at that scene that morning. You had the campers, EMT/Fire and police officers.

Missy had at least one friend that was a 911 dispatcher - no way of knowing if they were on duty at the time. She had several friends that were members of the fire department - at least 3 of whom (barring vacation or excused absence) would have been on duty at the time the fire department was dispatched to the scene. I find, with that many people that would know something about the scene that we don't have anything more reliable than the rumors that have surfaced.

** Graphic Warning **

So, my opinion is that the ME discovered something during the examination that indicated a high velocity impact - there would be indications of such throughout the brain, for example, away from any major wound sites. You wouldn't be able to create that effect with the tools SP had.

Killing Missy using the tools SP had would have been a bloody, messy affair. I expect that in most or almost all cases of hammer type murders that the initial blows are not fatal. So there is still blood under pressure as the wounds are inflicted and thus blood travelling relatively long distances. I can't imagine that we wouldn't have heard about a horrific crime scene area and blood everywhere. It would have been all over SP. Their gloves, equipment, and everywhere around. There would be blood drop trails, bloody foot prints and bloody glove smears on any door the killer touched on their way out. It would be no mystery exactly which way they left the church instead of the "we believe they left the way they came in". They would be finding blood outside. Unless SP removed all that gear close to or at the place Missy was killed and put in a bag. They would certainly need an extra pair of gloves, boots (or shoes).

Had she been instantly killed, for example brain stem injury that causes the involuntary muscle control and the effective automatic systems that keep us alive to cease functioning, then there would be no more blood pressure. Less blood at greater distances from the body. There would still be cast off if only a hammer were used.

To be fair, they haven't described the crime scene other than there was a lot of glass found around the body. As an aside I will note they did not say there was a lot of glass found under the body either. But, they apparently were able to finish up with the scene processing rather quickly.

For many of the reasons above I am of the opinion that the murder scene did not look like a text book hammer-as-murder-weapon murder scene. Similar, but not quite right.

This is only my theory so I could be wrong.

I think that no one disguises himself in that way only to break a glass and a door, or to steal a few trinkets.

Why the suspect waited to enter in a new room to break a glass? He had a few ones available before.

No, that person arrived that night to kill. What is not clear is whether the target was Missy. That hypothesis has as many problems as the one of the theft or vandalism.

An observation: If I had to go to a place like that at that time in the night, I would give a full tour around the church before parking, to see if there was anything strange. And I think many people would do the same.

The recording is very interesting, there are a few things to see in detail.

I have several reasons. The first is, as we have seen in the SWs, it said Missy had multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. Those wounds were consistent with tools that SP had been seen with and I believe left at the scene.

In one of the press conferences, it might have been the first one, A reporter asked a question (that I couldn't make out) and the reaction in response was "We did not say she was shot" - this may have been the first press conference so I would understand that. Sometime in May there was an article that appeared on the fox affiliate about the case and the headline had used the word "shot " (since changed) - the topic of the article wasn't about learning she was shot or anything like that. Now they have never stated that she "wasn't shot". They refuse to say the cause of death, that is, what was the fatal injury among all others and what weapon inflicted that injury. They have said that provides them with a "strategic advantage".

So, here is my line of thinking. If the wounds were consistent with the tools seen with SP (and I believe found at the scene) and one of those tools was the murder weapon what exactly would be a strategic advantage in not divulging that? If she had been shot, what again would be the strategic advantage in not divulging that? A tactical advantage, maybe. And just maybe.

There is that ATF K9. It was brought in for a reason. This was done the day after the autopsy, not the day of the murder, nor the day of the autopsy. Why specifically after the autopsy? If the autopsy concluded that the fatal injury (and all the other injuries) were caused by the tools found and no indication of the use of a firearm why do that? Naturally, why is MPD being tight-lipped about COD if there was no firearm involved.

Then there are the rumors. And I would expect that if they released the 911 tapes or the (redacted for names only) transcripts for those calls I believe we would hear or see the word "shot". Now, these people that found her wouldn't be able to make that kind of determination but to them that would be what they thought. Just how many people were at that scene that morning. You had the campers, EMT/Fire and police officers.

Missy had at least one friend that was a 911 dispatcher - no way of knowing if they were on duty at the time. She had several friends that were members of the fire department - at least 3 of whom (barring vacation or excused absence) would have been on duty at the time the fire department was dispatched to the scene. I find, with that many people that would know something about the scene that we don't have anything more reliable than the rumors that have surfaced.

** Graphic Warning **

So, my opinion is that the ME discovered something during the examination that indicated a high velocity impact - there would be indications of such throughout the brain, for example, away from any major wound sites. You wouldn't be able to create that effect with the tools SP had.

Killing Missy using the tools SP had would have been a bloody, messy affair. I expect that in most or almost all cases of hammer type murders that the initial blows are not fatal. So there is still blood under pressure as the wounds are inflicted and thus blood travelling relatively long distances. I can't imagine that we wouldn't have heard about a horrific crime scene area and blood everywhere. It would have been all over SP. Their gloves, equipment, and everywhere around. There would be blood drop trails, bloody foot prints and bloody glove smears on any door the killer touched on their way out. It would be no mystery exactly which way they left the church instead of the "we believe they left the way they came in". They would be finding blood outside. Unless SP removed all that gear close to or at the place Missy was killed and put in a bag. They would certainly need an extra pair of gloves, boots (or shoes).

Had she been instantly killed, for example brain stem injury that causes the involuntary muscle control and the effective automatic systems that keep us alive to cease functioning, then there would be no more blood pressure. Less blood at greater distances from the body. There would still be cast off if only a hammer were used.

To be fair, they haven't described the crime scene other than there was a lot of glass found around the body. As an aside I will note they did not say there was a lot of glass found under the body either. But, they apparently were able to finish up with the scene processing rather quickly.

For many of the reasons above I am of the opinion that the murder scene did not look like a text book hammer-as-murder-weapon murder scene. Similar, but not quite right.

Understood and appreciate your point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

** Graphic Warning **

This is a remarkable post. BBM is especially thought provoking. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech