TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for my own answer to what kind of person would do this in a church? Well, the kind of person that didn't have that building as Plan A anyway. Plan A was the gun store and after reconsidering that target, the church was the nearest building and a lot easier to break into.

It didn't matter that it was a church. It mattered that it was close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if there's any other burglaries where the thief dressed similarly...and if the vest (for tools), and helmet is unique to this case. It would be nice also to find pics of other burglary perps to see what they wear.

Here's one possible way I think the day of April 18th may have gone from SP's perspective: ALL JUST IMHO

pre 2:00am SP is already up. Today is the day.

BB is safely out of town and can't be a suspect

2:00am Nissan Altima makes the final sweep of the scene. <modsnip> is completely without anyone around. The final check on Creekside Church of Christ looks good. No cars. No janitors. Just pull into SWFA and make the phone call to SP to let them know it's a go.

3:00am SP leaves The storage unit having put on disguise and grabbed tools. Go time! Drives the short distance to the church.

Others have gone into some better detail about breach times etc. I've never attempted anything like that so I am happy to defer to them on the subject. Once inside the church, SPs movements are fairly well documented.

I theorize that SP drove to Fort Worth after the murder. (S)he may have been in a hurry to leave, having finally gotten MB out of the way once and for all, so (s)he removes the hot helmet and balaclava before getting in the car jumps in and drives off. SP then stops at <modsnip> and ditches the gear and cleans up with a pre stashed clean-up kit, changes and then wipes off any thing that might have gotten in the car. After that SP gets back in the car and proceeds on to Ft Worth to his/her destination.

I am working on what SP's movements are after Ft Worth currently.

*I think an important note here is that the Altima is not SP's vehicle. Several people have felt SP did not act alone. I am slowly joining that camp. This is a work in progress. I know the storage unit bothers people. I'm exploring other possibilities. IMHO SP did not keep those police clothes at home-too easy to get caught. This was carefully planned.

Google Maps states the distance from Creekside Church of Christ to no particular destination in Ft Worth as 35 miles

Fort Worth, TX
https://goo.gl/maps/rK9oVmYPJxr

<modsnip>

Creekside Church of Christ, Midlothian Tx
http://www.creeksidecc.com/

SWFA
http://swfa.com

Why not Dallas or Arlington? I live here. I would have cruised I-20 but rush hour would have started by about 6 or 6:30.

Shout out to those who provide tips, posts, fantastic ideas and opinions as well as links to vital data for us in a succinct manner. :up:

arka mimi,

You, your posts and your links have been sorely missed. Your presence is vital to us for keeping track of the facts. My favorite hat is off to you for so doing.
I. can. not. wait until the arrest(s) come down. We'll all be jigging :great:

Can. not. wait. for the jury that hears the evidence at the murderer's trial, to also sit in judgement for the Death Penalty sentence for it. It is a piece of human waste. One never knows how one may react, I wonder is the SP will commit suicide rather than go down hard. Depends on the element of humiliation, or the dread of living the other half of their life behind bars, I suppose. That is why it could be a hired assassin. Who wants to go to prison for all of their future life? What beautiful young to mid-aged person would take the risk of being caught unless they already had nothing to lose?

I may take a risk on certain financial investments. May take a risk by occasionally, albeit rarely, speeding, when I know better. However, going to prison is not on my bucket list.

As with many states, does the Great State of TX require a Grand Jury's True Bill to charge the accused with the Death Penalty? They do in AZ [Arizona].

RBBM

You are darned tooting! This cold, calculating SP slapped the very faces of all Law Enforcement by dressing in convincing SWAT gear.

It will be a fine day for the entire community who wants Justice for Missy when the SP is handcuffed and shackled.

Odd that you mentioned Missy's jewelry. Guess BB never wore Missy's wedding rings after the death of his wife. BB didn't even want Missy buried nearby. Their offspring requested that measure.

:cheer: Justice for Missy
Oddly, I would have thought LE would hve kept MB's wedding ring if she had it on that morning. It could have possibly swiped dna off of SP's face, or collected sweat. In one self defense pic I saw where the victim was being choked and was also going for the perps eyes.

That is what I got into a discussion with someone early on. The iPhone was not listed on the truck inventory so it had to have been with her (unless was home but not reasonable jmho) They then used the SW for the Truck to to get the iPad and all things listed. Then they did the SW for the iPhone and iPad (iPad was in the truck) was to extract the info from those electronic devices. Personal effects (ring or any other jewelry) would go with her and JMHO be retrieved by someone from the Coroner. BB has rec'd those personal effect back iirc he even posted photo long ago on his fb. Clothing they would keep as evidence. For what it worth I am thankful that the evil Suspect did leave her jewelry. It was not part of the plan (or it seems) but for whatever reason, I am glad that the girls will have that sentimental items. Praying for answers to come soon. I sure no one wants this monster off the street and in front of a Judge anymore than the MPD.

Agree on that last, arkansasmimi.

Question: if the visible items in the truck were her purse, iPad, and day planner, would the search warrant even mention an iPhone IF her iPhone was in her purse? In other words, wouldn't the truck search warrant mention just the visible items seen on the seat of her truck, since they didn't yet have legal access to open and search what was closed (interior, purse, glove compartment, etc.)?

I know there was a search warrant issued later for the contents of her iPad and iPhone. But I'm not convinced (yet) that we should assume her phone was not still inside her purse. That's where I envision mine would be if I'd just arrived and started unloading equipment. It wouldn't be in my hand, nor in my pocket, as my workout clothes (leggings) don't have pockets.

Agree on that last, arkansasmimi.

Question: if the visible items in the truck were her purse, iPad, and day planner, would the search warrant even mention an iPhone IF her iPhone was in her purse? In other words, wouldn't the truck search warrant mention just the visible items seen on the seat of her truck, since they didn't yet have legal access to open and search what was closed (interior, purse, glove compartment, etc.)?

I know there was a search warrant issued later for the contents of her iPad and iPhone. But I'm not convinced (yet) that we should assume her phone was not still inside her purse. That's where I envision mine would be if I'd just arrived and started unloading equipment. It wouldn't be in my hand, nor in my pocket, as my workout clothes (leggings) don't have pockets.

IF iPhone was in the truck, it would have been noted on the items seized from the truck and it was not. IF the iPhone had been in her purse JMHO, it would have been noted on the seized items also because they could look in there. and it was not.

ETA: PAGE 2/4 on #3
Receipts, writings, IPad, personal notes, credit cards, identifying information , bank statements or other electronic devices

Oddly, I would have thought LE would hve kept MB's wedding ring if she had it on that morning. It could have possibly swiped dna off of SP's face, or collected sweat. In one self defense pic I saw where the victim was being choked and was also going for the perps eyes.
in a case like this I bet they ran every test known to man on that ring...at least I hope so.

Been going over and over this in my mind - as we all have. I think I even had a dream about this case or was somehow pondering it while asleep. At any rate, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I have no info beyond what anyone else has - it's just my own theory of this crime and I have to say that for me it generally parallels the Summer Inman case. Same type of motive(s)... Same type of murderous conspiracy among at least three people... Planning involved ... Pre-establishment of alibi(s) ... Similar family dynamics... No sense conveyed whatsoever that certain people are the least bit bothered that a mother is dead. I can't escape this conclusion and no other motive makes sense to me. I stop short of outright accusation because this is mere speculation on my part and because I could be wrong. Apologies to all parties in advance if this theory is ultimately proven incorrect but I have to share.

I wonder if there's any other burglaries where the thief dressed similarly...and if the vest (for tools), and helmet is unique to this case. It would be nice also to find pics of other burglary perps to see what they wear.

IF iPhone was in the truck, it would have been noted on the items seized from the truck and it was not. IF the iPhone had been in her purse JMHO, it would have been noted on the seized items also because they could look in there. and it was not.

Hope I'm not being a pest, but I'm still not understanding this...is there a 'seized' list somewhere? I've been assuming there was first a search warrant served for the truck (and items within), and then after that, a separate warrant issued to AT&T for their records pertaining to her iPhone and iPad. We know her purse was seen in the truck (earliest news articles); so once the truck was hauled in and truck search warrant processed, they could access the items within, including her purse, planner, iPad, and whatever else interested them. This is when I think it's conceivable that they found her iPhone (in her purse). I am not aware of a 'contents of the truck' (or purse) listing anywhere--but I may have missed that.

In any case, the truck was processed and returned promptly to the family; the only things we've been told they retained (is this what you're referring to as seized?) would be the electronic devices that they were then getting a second search warrant for (AT&T).

in a case like this I bet they ran every test known to man on that ring...at least I hope so.
ArkMimi had said (quoted in post 907) BB received MB's personal items back and had posted a photo on FB. I did read < here or somewhere> that BB had the wedding ring just days after the murder.

someone here had stated that SP didn't steal her wedding ring (when we were discussing the burglary scenario.).

Been going over and over this in my mind - as we all have. I think I even had a dream about this case or was somehow pondering it while asleep. At any rate, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I have no info beyond what anyone else has - it's just my own theory of this crime and I have to say that for me it generally parallels the Summer Inman case. Same type of motive(s)... Same type of murderous conspiracy among at least three people... Planning involved ... Pre-establishment of alibi(s) ... Similar family dynamics... No sense conveyed whatsoever that certain people are the least bit bothered that a mother is dead. I can't escape this conclusion and no other motive makes sense to me. I stop short of outright accusation because this is mere speculation on my part and because I could be wrong. Apologies to all parties in advance if this theory is ultimately proven incorrect but I have to share.

I'm right there with you.. Thanks for sharing.

Hope I'm not being a pest, but I'm still not understanding this...is there a 'seized' list somewhere? I've been assuming there was first a search warrant served for the truck (and items within), and then after that, a separate warrant issued to AT&T for their records pertaining to her iPhone and iPad. We know her purse was seen in the truck (earliest news articles); so once the truck was hauled in and truck search warrant processed, they could access the items within, including her purse, planner, iPad, and whatever else interested them. This is when I think it's conceivable that they found her iPhone (in her purse). I am not aware of a 'contents of the truck' (or purse) listing anywhere--but I may have missed that.

In any case, the truck was processed and returned promptly to the family; the only things we've been told they retained (is this what you're referring to as seized?) would be the electronic devices that they were then getting a second search warrant for (AT&T).

Not a problem.  it is same one have been posting through this conversation. Jethro4WS posted a link with the final page. The one media had cut it off. ** Sorry didn't mean that to sound snarky, had to reboot the computer lol :facepalm: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12721634#post12721634

and the last page: MB FORD F150 ITEMS SEIZED.jpg
** inventory was done prior to them towing the truck and the items per the SW Affidavit contents were secured, then they got the SW for the item in the truck. No iPhone listed anywhere.

There was a SW for MB iPhone and iPad it was separate from the ATT Target numbers SW

Filed 5/3 SW16-060 MB iPhone & iPad for Forensic Extraction
4/19 Affidavit
4/19 Warrant
4/20 Warrant return
4/28 Notarized Click image for larger version.

Filed 5/3 No SW# Written on Copy AT&T Cell Tower Dump
4/21 Affidavit
4/21 Warrant
*no Warrant Return form JMHO is because this was sent to the Company is in North Palm Beach, FL 

Filed 5/3 NO SW# Written on Copy AT&T Target Numbers
4/25 Affidavit
4/25 Warrant
*no Warrant Return form JMHO is because this was sent to the Company is in North Palm Beach, FL

I just finished watching a Dateline (Peggy Nadell) where the case was solved using phone data. The daughter of the victim was a strong suspect in LE's eyes from the beginning. LE had her under 24/7 surveillance based on having purchased cleaning supplies the day before the crime. Turns out an investigator was able to unravel the case based almost solely on phone tracking and surveillance camera footage of a burner phone purchase. In the end, the suspected daughter wasn't involved at all and she was cleared. Instead, it was the victim's daughter-in-law.

Despite what others have said here about how it only takes a couple days to sift through phone records, they talked about how complicated it was to link a web of phones, burner phones, callers, and locations - tying the entire case together. This case took this investigator months to sift through the evidence, and she was a Chief Investigator and crime analyst with experience in phone forensics.

I don't think phone forensics is as easy peasy as some here on WS believe. I also think this case will be solved with similar evidence. Cell phone tracking/data and surveillance video. I hope they have someone as savvy as investigator Robyn Arias working on the case.

I agree and as I've stated in previous threads I think the cell phone and data evidence is what will solidify the case. The reality is that it will take an extensive amount of time and resources to analyze the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Batbrat View Post
I just finished watching a Dateline (Peggy Nadell) where the case was solved using phone data. The daughter of the victim was a strong suspect in LE's eyes from the beginning. LE had her under 24/7 surveillance based on having purchased cleaning supplies the day before the crime. Turns out an investigator was able to unravel the case based almost solely on phone tracking and surveillance camera footage of a burner phone purchase. In the end, the suspected daughter wasn't involved at all and she was cleared. Instead, it was the victim's daughter-in-law.

Despite what others have said here about how it only takes a couple days to sift through phone records, they talked about how complicated it was to link a web of phones, burner phones, callers, and locations - tying the entire case together. This case took this investigator months to sift through the evidence, and she was a Chief Investigator and crime analyst with experience in phone forensics.

I don't think phone forensics is as easy peasy as some here on WS believe. I also think this case will be solved with similar evidence. Cell phone tracking/data and surveillance video. I hope they have someone as savvy as investigator Robyn Arias working on the ca

I agree and as I've stated in previous threads I think the cell phone and data evidence is what will solidify the case. The reality is that it will take an extensive amount of time and resources to analyze the information.

Agree, having the data is one thing, figuring out how it fits into the crime is another. Plus all the other evidence. Hopefully they have a good start on some of it

Not a problem.  it is same one have been posting through this conversation. Jethro4WS posted a link with the final page. The one media had cut it off. ** Sorry didn't mean that to sound snarky, had to reboot the computer lol :facepalm: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12721634#post12721634

and the last page:
attachment.php

** inventory was done prior to them towing the truck and the items per the SW Affidavit contents were secured, then they got the SW for the item in the truck. No iPhone listed anywhere.

There was a SW for MB iPhone and iPad it was separate from the ATT Target numbers SW

Filed 5/3 SW16-060 MB iPhone & iPad for Forensic Extraction
4/19 Affidavit
4/19 Warrant
4/20 Warrant return
4/28 Notarized Click image for larger version.

Filed 5/3 No SW# Written on Copy AT&T Cell Tower Dump
4/21 Affidavit
4/21 Warrant

Filed 5/3 NO SW# Written on Copy AT&T Target Numbers
4/25 Affidavit
4/25 Warrant

Perfect--thanks! That's what I was wanting to see. :)

No gear has been found. I posted what I thought IMHO 4/18/16 might have looked like from SP's perspective just to get a conversation started. I included what facts I could and filled in with what I felt was reasonable based on what we have sleuthed.Just as a conversation starter! That's all. OMG I won't bother again!

Please don't stop trying to come up with a workable scenario of what transpired that dreadful morning. I think we are all so weary of no new info from LE that we pounce, for good or ill, on any theory presented.

As an owner of storage unit facilities, I should have thought of this possibility. As long as rent is paid, there would not be a reason for anyone other than the renter\SP to access the unit, giving a huge sense of security to the renter. SP's outfit could be stored for a long time with no trouble.

For LE, if they had reason to check, the facility owner would have security camera footage--in our case, we archive two weeks of video at a time. Then, depending on the software used for coded gate access to a facility, every code used to enter is recorded (meaning the owner can know who entered their facility, when they entered, and how long they stayed, if the code is needed to exit the gate), and those records can be kept indefinitely.

How a facility might share info with LE probably varies according to state statutes and industry regulations.

Jethroe- is room 2 on your map Cubs corner? It would have a door at front of church and then one across from Holy Grounds?
this would be the first door we see SP open and go into and then come out?

thank you in advance.

My theory-
Jealous woman
Another knows of and possibly helped with the plan
Solid police work will solve it no matter how much they try to distance themselves from the situation
I feel like I'll be seeing the red arrest in the title soon.
At least, I hope.
JMO-sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong

I remember reading that KC is a part-time trainer at another gym in town and that his daughter is close friends with the Bevers' oldest daughter. I don't have links - sorry.

Regarding KC - from googling it looks like he works for or has worked for a company that sells industrial goods - including tactical vests, boots, breaching tools, etc... I apologize if this was mentioned before but I don't recall seeing in mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne