TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they had their dog killed to distract the LE. I think FIL is grieving the loss of MB and his dog and did not think of this at the time. I think the blood on the shirt is a non-issue, if it is a real issue then the LE will find out.

Would never imply FIL staged a dogfight, where his dog would die, to cause a distraction for LE. As a dog lover, this was a horrific event. My only question goes to his judgement, in taking a useless piece of cloth to a dry cleaner during this time of great tragedy. I should have made myself clearer.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion View Post
The white truck with rear cargo open is an unmarked LE vehicle - on the WFAA video (which I can't seem to get to operate now) it showed evidence tubs inside.

Attachment 93127

Missy's truck was this silvery gray one, seen way back in this photo with the exercise gear piled next to the building and the passenger door ajar. It was then towed away:

Attachment 93128

Seeing the door ajar on Missy's truck makes me sad and also sends a chill down my spine since I assume that the truck was discovered with the door ajar when LE arrived. It just hits me visually how Missy was unloading her truck and was probably between loads of stuff when she was ambushed.

:yeahthat: Thats what made me think the 1st camper waited around til others got there. :notgood: and they all went in per the Chief and Captain and the first camper is who waited outside is who found MB. We dont know where though.

I have not been following the comments about the doors and the lay of the building, but to me these are exterior doors because they have that retracting arm. I am wondering if that is some type of Rubbermaid tub on the ground outside? Like something somebody would load up to bring inside? IDK. I might be way off.

(Per arkansasmimis's photos of Rm 12):

No, these are interior hallway doors leading to individual rooms. Institutional interior doors often have that retracting arm at the top. Exterior doors have panic hardware that is waist level (interior push bars).

Well Ms. Tricia will you ask him a question for me....Ask him if he can get us a floor plan for this Blessed Church PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! This mimi is almost pulled a bald spot lol :p :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: :tyou:

yesplease!

What I'm saying isn't a question of security system malfunctioning, but there was no security system at all. It's not that the alarm was disabled or broken, there was no alarm at all. In your example not only could your employer be liable under OSHA for not protecting you from workplace violence, but the building owner could be liable as well for premises liability, like if other people had been mugged (or other crime) in the same building but neither your employer nor the building owner did anything to protect the employees from [workplace] violence that was known to happen there. Employees - like Missy or anyone else - are not supposed to be subjected to workplace violence. BTW employers also do things like falsely labeling employees as "independent contractors" to illegally lower their expenses and to discourage them from bringing legitimate lawsuits, which you may have been falsely labeled that and had to pay taxes that should instead have been paid by your employer where you got effectively cheated out of your pay by forcing more taxes on you.

Hubby says TX churches are not required by law to have alarm systems (working or otherwise), though their insurance company will give them a break if they do. They are only required by law to having working fire alarm systems.

yes, please ask him about the floor plan of the church.

What I'm saying isn't a question of security system malfunctioning, but there was no security system at all. It's not that the alarm was disabled or broken, there was no alarm at all. In your example not only could your employer be liable under OSHA for not protecting you from workplace violence, but the building owner could be liable as well for premises liability, like if other people had been mugged (or other crime) in the same building but neither your employer nor the building owner did anything to protect the employees from [workplace] violence that was known to happen there. Employees - like Missy or anyone else - are not supposed to be subjected to workplace violence. BTW employers also do things like falsely labeling employees as "independent contractors" to illegally lower their expenses and to discourage them from bringing legitimate lawsuits, which you may have been falsely labeled that and had to pay taxes that should instead have been paid by your employer where you got effectively cheated out of your pay by forcing more taxes on you.

My thoughts on the whole alarm system that there isnt..... That's one thing ... But how would this Perp know or not know there wouldn't be an alarm going off at the 911 center? That is what keeps me wondering. Also making me wonder about any video outside, its not clear to me (and others too) whether it was broken, Fake/Dummy camera, disabled or nothing there at all. JMHO this Perp knew something not sure what or how but def knew something.

I think the term dry cleaners is confusing some here. Many cleaners offer full laundry service. Lots of people drop off their laundry. It's a non issue. I hope! :deadhorse:

Especially since they are out of town and worrying about other things than clothing. Drop it all off and be done with it.
That reminds me I need to do the same thing... ;)

Would never imply FIL staged a dogfight, where his dog would die, to cause a distraction for LE. As a dog lover, this was a horrific event. My only question goes to his judgement, in taking a useless piece of cloth to a dry cleaner during this time of great tragedy. I should have made myself clearer.

IMHO

If there was blood on multiple articles of clothing - which so far it's been unclear whether one or multiple items had blood - the unexpected dogfight would provide fortuitous cover to get rid of evidence, like one shirt could be dog blood but another could be human blood as there were multiple shirts turned in. I believe an answer has been given by the Bevers family for multiple shirts having blood, but that won't be confirmed one way or the other until the DNA results come back.

Hubby says TX churches are not required by law to have alarm systems (working or otherwise), though their insurance company will give them a break if they do. They are only required by law to having working fire alarm systems.

Without getting into a long explanation building codes and premises liability are two different things. Building owners can be fully code compliant but found liable under premises liability for reasons besides code violations.

My thoughts on the whole alarm system that there isnt..... That's one thing ... But how would this Perp know or not know there wouldn't be an alarm going off at the 911 center? That is what keeps me wondering. Also making me wonder about any video outside, its not clear to me (and others too) whether it was broken, Fake/Dummy camera, disabled or nothing there at all. JMHO this Perp knew something not sure what or how but def knew something.

Either the suspect did NOT know and took a big chance waiting over a half an hour for Missy...or absolutely knows about the church's lack of an alarm system.

LE was asked about sabotage and they wouldn't say whether the exterior cameras had technological issues due to sabotage or other reasons. To me I think this is in part how LE has unofficially determined this was targeted as some random burglar would be taking lots of chances that a silent alarm didn't go off and that everything they did wasn't being recorded live and streamed to LE with police cars on the way.

Then why the heck are police even getting warrants for his shirt? He would have been in California during the murder.

Nothing about this case makes sense.

I believe he lives in Austin TX, but was in CA at time of murder. Not hopping on the bloody shirt bandwagon here, but the shirt really could have been anyone's. No one has been ruled out as POI. One thing - I though FIL said they arrived on Mon late and were visiting w/friends that same night (4/18) when dog fight occurred and the next day took shirt to cleaners, but doesn't receipt show dropped off on 4/22? Same day as 2nd police presser? Just curious if I understand correctly...

LE was asked about sabotage and they wouldn't say whether the exterior cameras had technological issues due to sabotage or other reasons. To me I think this is in part how LE has unofficially determined this was targeted as some random burglar would be taking lots of chances that a silent alarm didn't go off and that everything they did wasn't being recorded live and streamed to LE with police cars on the way.

Makes sense to me! This could also be the "evidence" that Missy's husband alluded to in the news conference yesterday. I'm paraphrasing but someone asked him about why he had changed his mind about Missy being targeted. He made reference to evidence in the case and didn't want to say what that was.

I believe he lives in Austin TX, but was in CA at time of murder. Not hopping on the bloody shirt bandwagon here, but the shirt really could have been anyone's. No one has been ruled out as POI. One thing - I though FIL said they arrived on Mon late and were visiting w/friends that same night (4/18) when dog fight occurred and the next day took shirt to cleaners, but doesn't receipt show dropped off on 4/22? Same day as 2nd police presser? Just curious if I understand correctly...

He is from TX, he was in CA on vacation

Oh man. Y'all are right!

Sorry to confuse our fellow poster robthomaseyes. :blushing: I forgot he lived in Austin! Sorry y'all!

This is probaby the one your speaking about. Crime Scene and its behind her truck. Truck still there View attachment 93125
Thank you again. But now I am totally confused. I was viewing an aerial of the entire church and the only covered porch I saw was the small one on the right of the building.

(And I look at most of these on my phone) and I should be wearing glasses.

So, where the evidence truck is currently located, is that the front entrance of the building? (When you drive up from the highway it faces you.
If you turn right and go around the 1st corner turning left there appears to be a small awning with a single door? That's where I thought the white truck was located but I'm obviously mistaken. Yes?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Without getting into a long explanation building codes and premises liability are two different things. Building owners can be fully code compliant but found liable under premises liability for reasons besides code violations.

I'm not aware of any states where cameras are required by law. In any case, cameras do NOT actually protect a person by warding off crime. Their main purpose is to gather evidence later.

Maybe the perp had previously used the church for some sort of class, so they knew there was no alarm. Or knew Missy well enough that it would have come up in conversation.

Would someone mind posting the picture of Missy's truck with the door open? I am saving the photos to my computer for reference in case we need them later. When this photo has been posted here in the thread, I can't view it for some reason.

TIA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member