TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I've seen posts disappear from a FB page. When I click from where I commented on it, I see the post wasn't deleted. It's like FB has some kind of prioritization hierarchy for which posts are visible on page. Unsure if that's the case here, or if the post really was deleted.

Thank You.
I don't have Facebook by choice.
This seems to be brought up on occasion on this thread about them being Facebook friends or not.
I am glad it is being posted that they are friends because when I read posts that says they aren't friends, I don't
have Facebook to check it out so I go with face value of the post that they aren't friends, when clearly others have seen that they are indeed Facebook friends. They are friends and I hope everyone reads that they are friends and leave it at that. Saying that they aren't friends is false according to those who can see that they are friends.

IMOO.

Perhaps a mod can make a screenshot exception for this info so we can verify it and put it to rest?

Hey Folks,

Let's move away from BB and Missy being friends on FB. They are still friends.

If some of you can't see it, there may be a glitch with FB. But I can assure you they are still hooked up.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Hey Folks,

Let's move away from BB and Missy being friends on FB. They are still friends.

If someone of you can't see it, there may be a glitch with FB. But I can assure you they are still hooked up.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Thanks. I don't do Facebook so I have to rely on members posts. When there's a conflict it's very frustrating.

I am with others that I think their marriage was going through changes that might have been tough. In the long interview on his driveway, he mentions specifically that Missy had changed from a stay-at-home mom to someone who became passionate about fitness. Suddenly having your wife have interests in herself and wanting to make a difference in the world (beyond being focused only on the family) can be a difficult shift in the marriage.

ALL marriage go through changes, and I think the time when the children are older and the mom starts to "reawaken" to her own self can be hard on some husbands. It doesn't necessarily mean divorce or estrangement, but it can mean growth pains as the marriage dynamics shift. Also, middle-aged men might feel in a rut in their career or a bit bored, while his wife is growing into a new stage of excitement and possibilities. It can create the awkward feeling of wanting your spouse to succeed, but also wanting things to stay the same. Missy was receiving kudos and admiration from others, which doesn't mean the husband was jealous....it was simply a new phase of their lives and might have required some adjustments.

Change isn't easy.

Finally, I have to say Missy has inspired ME. I am actively increasing my own physical fitness since this case. After a death in the family two years ago, I became more sedentary than my usual self.....and learning Missy's story has DEFINITELY given me encouragement to get back into fitness. I've walked several miles in the past few days, and it feels great. I've never been so personally touched by a case. Thank you, Missy.

JMO

I think another contributing factor is that his level of physical activity had become limited due to whatever issue he was having, while her level greatly increased. Living in chronic pain changes someone, also, especially if he's had to take strong pain meds.

Can someone post a link to Missy's phone being found in her truck? The search warrant for her truck mentions her iPad, but I haven't seen confirmation that her phone was in her truck. Maybe I missed it because I keep seeing discussion here about her phone in her vehicle.

I don't think it was ever verified info. I think it was assumed because she left her iPad in the truck that her phone was in there as well.

I don't think it was ever verified info. I think it was assumed because she left her iPad in the truck that her phone was in there as well.

I think you're right, but it's frustrating because some people are stating it as fact instead of their opinion and it makes it hard to keep the few known facts of this case straight.

It could be that her phone was with her and the camper that found her called her husband from Missy's phone. This would explain how they knew his number.

It could be that her phone was with her and the camper that found her called her husband from Missy's phone. This would explain how they knew his number.

That is possible.
I hadn't realized that it wasn't mentioned WHERE her phone was found

And welcome Heather301
I can't keep up

Oh my. I was going to post this later, but since you brought it up... (I circled the white shirt material at neck and hip. And I drew a blue arrow to the nose - is it that large?) But look at that left hand - I drew a yellow box around it. I have looked at it for a week maybe, bare skin hand, no, it must be gloved hand holding something? When you walk and swing your arms, your thumb leads. I see a thumb, and fingers slightly curled in = ungloved hand. LE has the whole video, so if they touched anything bare-handed, then LE has the fingerprints and the touch DNA. The suspect should be extremely paranoid about all the evidence they left behind, what the FBI can do to perfect the photos of their face.
You know- the most obvious reason for the swat gear would be to disguise. And perhaps to disguise other clothing. Could be. Just take it off and blend in. Slip away during commotion before anyone had time to watch video.

IDK. The husband was called about 5:30, iirc. That's a half-hour after the 911 calls and about 20+ minutes or so after LE showed up. I can't imagine rifling through someone's car or possessions when it clearly was a criminal case, not an accident.

While I don't know for sure, of course, the caller likely used his/her own phone.

Where are her parents and two brothers? They are all alive. No mention of them here and even the open letter to the killer by the MIL never mentions the pain her side of the family is going through. It seems to be all about BB's side of the family. No mention of them in the obit either. Strange.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Murdered-Midlothian-Fitness-Coach--376858281.html

http://www.jacksboronewspapers.com/obituaries/obituary-terri-missy-bevers

Her parents and brothers are named at the beginning of her obituary. Check the paragraph that starts "Missy was born in..."

Missy was born in Graham Texas August 9, 1970 to James C. and Norma L. Strickland. Missy grew up in Jacksboro Texas where she loved to entertain her older brother Clifford, who she affectionately called Bubba, and pester her younger brother Clint.

IDK. The husband was called about 5:30, iirc. That's a half-hour after the 911 calls and about 20+ minutes or so after LE showed up. I can't imagine rifling through someone's car or possessions when it clearly was a criminal case, not an accident.

While I don't know for sure, of course, the caller likely used his/her own phone.

Actually, I see your point
And would LE have her phone by then, assuming it was found on site

Oh geez! Thanks liltexans 😊 I still think it is odd we have not heard anything from them or have we and like above I was too blind to see it.

I see it differently. Some have posted about their trash being searched (originally thinking it was a random person who showed up in the alley after they left for work to steal their trash)...others have addressed "any rumor you have heard is not true"...another put up a photo of two patrol units appearing at early morning workouts. True, they could have been there to ease worry and fear. However, they could have been there for that reason AND to watch other things/people/actions closely. Then you have some others that have gone eerily silent despite posting often in the past. Then another wife posted a selfie picture the evening we learned of Missy's death to show her new hairdo & color from blonde to brown.

In that community, most have personal pages and professional fitness pages. They certainly have not hidden anything...this could mean they really are 100% completely innocent...or there might be more there.

**Edit: I'm thinking since I'm local and friends of friends, Facebook might allow me to see different things that others might not see? I think there's a setting where you can hide things publicly unless it's like a friend of a friend or something.

Correct and I believe several have since cleaned their pages and set their pages to private both men and women which I find a bit suspicious. I am local.

Sorry guess I didn't know what time they called the husband. I thought it was a camp member that called him but why wait 30 mins after 911 was called? I would think the police would have been the one to call him at that point. JMO

Oh geez! Thanks liltexans �� I still think it is odd we have not heard anything from them or have we and like above I was too blind to see it.

I haven't seen a specific statement to the media. We aren't allowed to sleuth her family (mother and brothers), but they have posted on FB as far as I know. I haven't seen a big family tiff break out yet, like in the Hailey Dunn case, but I'm not actively monitoring the FB interactions of Missy's family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420