TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I skimmed over the weekend but see no firm news :/

I do think their marriage was in a bad place. I've been through the same thing and it's like looking back at ours (but we made it through and came out stronger). To clarify, I'm NOT saying an affair was happening. I'm still not sure on that but it wouldn't surprise me. Marriage issues though, lack of photos together, her going from being a stay at home mom to a fit instructor, text messages of I love you from "10 months ago". It seems to me they were at a challenging place in their marriage and trying to make it work. Anyone who has been married a long time knows this will happen. We all have different phases of life with our spouse and there are times we grow and change and learning to accept that and change TOGETHER is challenging. I honestly don't think BB had anything to do with this. I think he did go on a trip, not everyone posts their daily life on FB, my husband rarely does. His FB would probably be empty if it wasn't for me tagging him. He will post here and there but I don't find it a huge clue. I think the friends he was with (if he was) were told by LE to be quiet and sit back. And honestly, I wouldn't want to be up front in the spotlight either if my friends spouse was murdered and have my life looked at. Look at how we are dissecting family, anyone who steps forward would be looked at completely too. But back on marriage, it could explain his lack of "tears". He may just be in shock. He may have loved her but not been "in love" with her. Doesn't mean he's not devastated that she is dead and her children do not have a mom, it's just more in shock. He never thought it would end like this and doesn't know how to process it. My husband wouldn't be all teary and crying either, he would in private, but not in public.

Now, RB, his interview was just weird. I don't think he did it either but the smirky smile and the wife posting stupid pictures on FB has me floored. Maybe they weren't close but good grief, have a little respect for your son and lay off FB for a few weeks with the goofy postings. Geez. I'd kick my families butts if they did stupid stuff like that :/ lol

My husband isn't into crime like I am but I did mention to him I thought it would be so hard to be thrust into the spotlight. Do you give an interview, do you cry, not cry, cry too much, say weird things. We all know spouse is the first one looked at. Interestingly enough, hubby said he would NOT be interviewed at all. Me, I would. Like many have said, there are no "rules" to this.

Broken window (I only skimmed this weekend so it may have been mentioned). Was it broken from the inside out or outside in? Could MB possibly have been trapped and tried to knock out the window from inside to escape? Honestly I still think the perp used a stun gun to stop her and killed her immediately. There wasn't enough time to have a fight. Or, they snuck up on her without a sound and did the blow to the head.

Phone and stuff being in truck. I would have left it there too while unloading and taken it inside once I was finished and had parked the truck. So I don't see anything strange with it still being in there.

The amount of planning and thought put into this is what scares me most. I did see someone say cat and mouse and this is what it reminds me of :(

Regarding the Saran Wrap box, I think WSers might be on to something that it could be a broken-off "panic bar" from a doorway, or some other piece of the building. That would explain why the "tools" were left at the scene - the perp wouldn't need to keep a piece of the building as there is nothing to trace that tool to him/her. And it would explain why LE says they aren't certain if the tool is the murder weapon. The tool isn't an obvious weapon, but certainly could be a weapon.

Actually, I think the perp left tools, as in plural.

I also think this theory goes along with the spooky theory that the perp was opening doors in the building to later be able to tell which ones had been closed, as a way of stalking and trapping Missy if she ran throughout the building.

And, this also answers my question of how did the perp, who wandered the building for 30 minutes, know to be in the right place when Missy arrived. Well, if s/he set up the building so MIssy would be trapped, the perp didn't have to be at the entry way at precisely the right time. S/he knew that if Missy tried to evade the perp, she would be backed into a room without escape.

Not sure if this is true, but certainly worth thinking about. And, it shows a much deeper level of planning and determination to kill. And, if I consider this scenario to be true, I am leaning toward male.

JMOpinion, subject to change.

Interesting theory. The search warrant for Missy's truck states that the perp "...used an unknown instrument to cause the death..."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...rs-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html

I can confirm that she did have friends at this church and even did a camp for them at a reduced rate. I am sure she had a key. And I agree with what you said 100 %. This Coc is a very liberal one.

I was the poster who mentioned that was mentioned in the quote from your post. Thanks for confirming Missy had connections at Creekside. :) I'm still of the opinion that the perp is connected somehow through the church - not necessarily a member at Creekside, but connected to the area church community.

Lol. I used to go back on this, but I think my personal Dr. Phil profile is pretty close on understanding BB.

I think the local church community is the one community that hasn't blamed BB or turned their backs on him. At first I thought it seemed odd to suddenly start posting scripture when it seemed out of character for him. But now I just realize he's like most of the men I grew up around in these parts who simply don't know how to express their feelings. IMO, his scriptures are the only way he knows how to express grief at this moment. Sometimes sharing things on FB is a way to cope & cry out bc it's too hard to say: "my heart really, really, really hurts right now."

My father used to tell all brothers: "Man up. Don't show any emotion." Even through our own family tragedies, I've never seen any of them cry. BB seems just like the men I know.

JMO, but he just appears awkward, stumbles and is uncomfortable when speaking..,not bc he's guilty...but bc it's out of his comfort zone to talk about FEELINGS. It's much easier for him to speak about specifics of tangible matters like fitness class and dog fights. Press conferences and interviews give him the chance to be proactive on behalf of his late wife & family.

As odd as it may seem to some, a person can love someone so deeply, but they may have an inability to share those feelings. They can express pain of injuries or internal conflict, but can't share their feelings with people close to them very well.

I know BB only through friends, & I was originally very suspicious of him. However, over time I've seen him as someone who probably saw his marriage start to dissolve over a year ago. They probably tried to work on it, but it was a struggle. He's said at pressers that he's dealt with chronic physical ailments. So here you have a hot, fit, outgoing and beloved mom...and a husband who often sat in the shadows. Not just at home. Even at church he is the sound man & again behind the scenes.

Many point to all this as potential motive to, but I see BB as nothing but a wounded soul. He may not be able to express feelings correctly, he wants to protect his girls, he just lost his wife of 20 years, he may understand that embarrassment will soon arrive if extramarital affairs are exposed, he probably feels responsible for not being able to protect his wife ...and then he's just trying to process it all in a town without a murder in a decade & friends who also don't know what to do.

But that's how I feel tonight. Of course, it could all change tomorrow as we know. Lol

I am getting caught up from the weekend but I just posted too and my thoughts are with you. I don't know him personally but I've been through the whole marriage thing (been married almost 22 years so close to them) and this is exactly what I see too.

I would cry my eyeballs out, tell the press to get the blank outa my face, then when I could speak, hold a Liam Neeson news conference "I WILL find you........"

And people would analyze and scrutinize your comments and say, "I didn't see any tears when Murrayforlife was crying, did you?" and, "Wow! Murrayforlife cursed at the media, he/she must have an anger problem. I bet he killed his spouse!" and then, "Did you hear when Murrayforlife threatened the so-called murderer? I thought it was fake and he didn't say it right. He/she must be guilty."

Back to lurkdom.

:lurk:

Just an observation with regards to the perp's clothing. Since it appears that it is a hodge-podge of items, perhaps it was former halloween costumes that were put together? Black or army pants, Police vest, shin guards, blond wig, gloves, something to puff up inside like old vest or umpire vest, army boots or shoes look deliberately too large but who knows? Perp is comfortable with the tools they have brought so I am back to male. I think a woman would have only brought something she was comfortable with. Perp arrived with multitude of odd tools that most don't have hanging around. This person was very non-chalant about his whole time wandering the building before Missy arrived. Swinging arms, walking slowly and somewhat randomly, not in a rush so knew the layout, I'm thinking when he goes to the dutch doors, he knew that was the first set of doors she passed when coming into the building and he could see her arriving. Who knows, maybe he took off the helmet and yelled out the window to go in there first? I feel like there was an intimate or perceived intimate connection and that she was not really into it or he was afraid she would tell wife? Being a christian and maybe doing business in the same circles could affect their bottom line if found out. It also sounds like it was overkill...very personal as opposed to professional hit. My opinion.

I'm on my tablet and don't see the thank you button, so thank you. I have a FB account but deactivated it and don't want to sign in. How long after her death did he post that?

And people would analyze and scrutinize your comments and say, "I didn't see any tears when Murrayforlife was crying, did you?" and, "Wow! Murrayforlife cursed at the media, he/she must have an anger problem. I bet he killed his spouse!" and then, "Did you hear when Murrayforlife threatened the so-called murderer? I thought it was fake and he didn't say it right. He/she must be guilty."

Back to lurkdom.

Wow, Sad but True

I just can't let go of the recent guns issue with ECSD and the perp in custody for that. He was in jail but it would sure explain why so many agencies involved so quickly. This is speaking more to weapon and manner of death than perp but two may be intertwined.

I am beginning to agree although i thought FBI was b/c investigations in multiple states - TX, MS, etc.

I get the impression that these camps are attended over and over again. Is that not so? Because I've seen the customers' complaints that they signed up and were billed every month for six months or a year even though they dropped out. So I presume that there is something to attend continually. Someone correct me if that is not the case. So in other words, I presume someone might attend every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (or whatever days) . . . forever.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct.

JMO. One thing I noticed since day one, that stood out to me as a red thumb, BB was talking to his mom about MB. The first thing she told reporters was "B had been worrying about MB working so early in the morning and told her to be careful." What else was he saying? I mention it because I think he was not happy at all with her working so much. One thing I learned the hard way was to not talk to my mother when I was upset with my husband. I got over it, she didn't.

I think part of his indifferent attitude comes from that fact that he had not been happy in his marriage for some time. He was probably contemplating divorce. It was over. She knew it and that's why she was going out of her way to show him attention through texting, ect.

She was taking away, in his mind, his power. She had been a stay at home mom for a greater part of their marriage.

Does that mean he had something to do with her death? No.

It does, in my analysis, explain the attitude.

Can someone post a link to Missy's phone being found in her truck? The search warrant for her truck mentions her iPad, but I haven't seen confirmation that her phone was in her truck. Maybe I missed it because I keep seeing discussion here about her phone in her vehicle.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/04/feds-texas-rangers-join-investigation-into-fitness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

I have been unable to find anything that says it was found IN the truck.
are looking into texts, phone calls and other data from Bevers’ phone, which was not password protected, the station reported.

Maybe someone will be able to find it but I haven't been able to confirm the phone was in the truck. JMO

I know people kill people for goofy reasons sometimes. Someone shot someone at church over a seat yesterday. So it happens. That being said, I could see someone shooting someone over infidelity. But, doesn't it make sense this was bigger than that? A camper injured and disabled blaming MB. Or a girl losing a baby and blaming MB. I just think it has to be something very devastating IMO.

Regarding the Saran Wrap box, I think WSers might be on to something that it could be a broken-off "panic bar" from a doorway, or some other piece of the building. That would explain why the "tools" were left at the scene - the perp wouldn't need to keep a piece of the building as there is nothing to trace that tool to him/her. And it would explain why LE says they aren't certain if the tool is the murder weapon. The tool isn't an obvious weapon, but certainly could be a weapon.

Actually, I think the perp left tools, as in plural.

I also think this theory goes along with the spooky theory that the perp was opening doors in the building to later be able to tell which ones had been closed, as a way of stalking and trapping Missy if she ran throughout the building.

And, this also answers my question of how did the perp, who wandered the building for 30 minutes, know to be in the right place when Missy arrived. Well, if s/he set up the building so MIssy would be trapped, the perp didn't have to be at the entry way at precisely the right time. S/he knew that if Missy tried to evade the perp, she would be backed into a room without escape.

Not sure if this is true, but certainly worth thinking about. And, it shows a much deeper level of planning and determination to kill. And, if I consider this scenario to be true, I am leaning toward male.

JMOpinion, subject to change.

That makes complete sense. And not to be stereotypical against my own gender...but would these tools be tough for most women to use? I feel like I'm a pretty self-reliant female with basic knowledge of how to hammer a 2x4 or use a screwdriver to fix my curling iron (that was a joke people!)...but in all seriousness, if these are the tools, how difficult would it be for the average female to know how to pop open that outside door? That's what makes me lean more to a male, but I'm clueless on the tool/weapons likely used all that.

JMO. One thing I noticed since day one, that stood out to me as a red thumb, BB was talking to his mom about MB. The first thing she told reporters was "B had been worrying about MB working so early in the morning and told her to be careful." What else was he saying? I mention it because I think he was not happy at all with her working so much. One thing I learned the hard way was to not talk to my mother when I was upset with my husband. I got over it, she didn't.

I think part of his indifferent attitude comes from that fact that he had not been happy in his marriage for some time. He was probably contemplating divorce. It was over. She knew it and that's why she was going out of her way to show him attention through texting, ect.

She was taking away, in his mind, his power. She had been a stay at home mom for a greater part of their marriage.

Does that mean he had something to do with her death! No.

It does, in my analysis, explain the attitude.

I am with others that I think their marriage was going through changes that might have been tough. In the long interview on his driveway, he mentions specifically that Missy had changed from a stay-at-home mom to someone who became passionate about fitness. Suddenly having your wife have interests in herself and wanting to make a difference in the world (beyond being focused only on the family) can be a difficult shift in the marriage.

ALL marriage go through changes, and I think the time when the children are older and the mom starts to "reawaken" to her own self can be hard on some husbands. It doesn't necessarily mean divorce or estrangement, but it can mean growth pains as the marriage dynamics shift. Also, middle-aged men might feel in a rut in their career or a bit bored, while his wife is growing into a new stage of excitement and possibilities. It can create the awkward feeling of wanting your spouse to succeed, but also wanting things to stay the same. Missy was receiving kudos and admiration from others, which doesn't mean the husband was jealous....it was simply a new phase of their lives and might have required some adjustments.

Change isn't easy.

Finally, I have to say Missy has inspired ME. I am actively increasing my own physical fitness since this case. After a death in the family two years ago, I became more sedentary than my usual self.....and learning Missy's story has DEFINITELY given me encouragement to get back into fitness. I've walked several miles in the past few days, and it feels great. I've never been so personally touched by a case. Thank you, Missy.

JMO

What do you guys make of that weird biblical verse Mr. Bevers posted about temptations and it leading to death!?!?!? Why on Earth would he post that right after his wife is murdered!?!? It's very odd. What does that have anything to do with a murder? Unless he's saying he or his wife was tempted by someone and that 'lead to her murder!?!?!?' I find it really creepy and very out of place. Unless it means something to him and he's trying to tell someone something.
As a godless heathen, I've found that trying to make sense of that sort of thing doesn't work--there seems to be a fundamental difference in basic philosophies. At least for me. Not saying I'm right or the bible is right or anything except I personally have a difficult time relating.

That makes complete sense. And not to be stereotypical against my own gender...but would these tools be tough for most women to use? I feel like I'm a pretty self-reliant female with basic knowledge of how to hammer a 2x4 or use a screwdriver to fix my curling iron (that was a joke people!)...but in all seriousness, if these are the tools, how difficult would it be for the average female to know how to pop open that outside door? That's what makes me lean more to a male, but I'm clueless on the tool/weapons likely used all that.

I agree with you. But we also don't know for sure that the perp is the one who removed the door's hardware. Could have been LE after the fact like another poster has said.

Thank you. I looked at the photos and your comments on them - that the perp may have escaped through that route is why they had entered the kitchen as LE said. What bothers me is the ceiling type. Did the perp quickly remove all that gear, stow it in the ceiling which they had prepped open and a step ladder, escape out kitchen to small room to out, now wearing only their workout clothes.... jump in car, wait until sirens arrived and commotion, and just drove around to join the CG group like "What happened?"

OH EM GEE. What a theory. Then they could sneak out and come around from the back (still dark out) or go to their car parked in the back and join in the group. eeeeekkk (IMO)

Back to lurkdom.

And yet thru it all, I would not give 2 craps...I have always lived my life as a wide open book but most do not. I think BB is one of these and that is okay. But when a horrific murder has occured, I think everybodys everything is fair game, like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member