TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for those of you familiar with warrants. Let's say Female X was interviewed at length multiple times but LE let her go. I would assume they'd already have searched her house and car, but we haven't seen a report of anymore warrants. Does this mean it was sealed, never performed, what? How does that work on warrants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really won't find out unless they press charges. Investigators are playing this close to their vest.

No my friend, I meant when it was raining! ;) I found a news article that has a copy of the announcement she made on her CG page. She said "5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, we have cover under the front awning!"

See this link: http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/20...rch-of-christ-suspect-wore-police-swat-gear/C

:silly: (maybe just me) I couldn't get anything from that link but a sports page but maybe it a pay page. But your comment did remind me that I say 2 comments on MB fb
From March 9 2016. One was for Creekside and then she SHARED it for the MILO group think that is the 9am class? but here are both posts. So I feel certain that the AREA they would use is the covered area. Guessing this particular day April 18, it was storming too much and that's why went inside. They def have been inside before because of the HOLY GROUND group photo. I would feel sure that since she had key/or some access to building that they opened it up for rest room use if nothing else during or before or after camp? Missy Bevers March 9 rain for Creekside CG 1.JPGMissy Bevers March 9 rain for Milo CG 1.JPG JMHO

Bumping one of our local WSer's posts from last night where the reason for the Arlington PD's involvement is mentioned.

Another reason for the weekend off is so this investigation doesn't completely break the City's budget. A crime like this can cause some serious financial difficulties for the local jurisdictions.

I think I've de-coded most of the abbreviations here, but I still can't figure out what BBM and SBM mean. TIA, Ykwim?
YouWho...
BBM= Bolded By Me
TIA= Thanks In Advance
Ykwim= Ya' Know What I Mean
and I don't know what SBM means, though. Someone else will have to help on that one.

Another reason for the weekend off is so this investigation doesn't completely break the City's budget. A crime like this can cause some serious financial difficulties for the local jurisdictions.

I agree. I think that was definitely a big reason.

Quick question for those of you familiar with warrants. Let's say Female X was interviewed at length multiple times but LE let her go. I would assume they'd already have searched her house and car, but we haven't seen a report of anymore warrants. Does this mean it was sealed, never performed, what? How does that work on warrants?

*deleted by poster

I have been asking about the warrants for days. I think they must have sealed most of them, but that hasn't been reported by the media. I hope that the media has at least been trying to use FOIA to obtain more warrants. I just think LE is blocking their release at the moment.

I feel it is a person in their early 20's who committed this crime.With a terrible drive to kill.

Just My Opinion

I agree. When I read Snow Flower's husband's theory, that it was a "thrill kill", I googled the words and it is really the only thing that makes sense to me. It just does not appear that Missy had any problems with anyone. Not of that type.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl2 View Post
No my friend, I meant when it was raining! I found a news article that has a copy of the announcement she made on her CG page. She said "5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, we have cover under the front awning!"

See this link: http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/201...ce-swat-gear/C

But, she didn't go to church there... Maybe she thought the side awning was the front of the church like a lot of us? Maybe she had never been through the front of the church? Just being speculative here.

But even though she didn't attend church there she did do the CG camps there and had been since last Oct iirc. But the covered drive/awning area IS AT Front of building VS Back lol it just on the side of the building at front :websleuther::doorhide: :silly:

You are kinda throwing in your own assumptions, as you stated-or false reports? Conjecture can only go so far. Please re-state question?

I have been asking about the warrants for days. I think they must have sealed most of them, but that hasn't been reported by the media. I hope that the media has at least been trying to use FOIA to obtain more warrants. I just think LE is blocking their release at the moment.

That's what we were thinking, too. We just couldn't figure it out, bc I've waiting for media to at least say they tried to file FOIA last few days or that unsealed items might be there. That makes sense!

Police found broken glass as well as other signs of forced entry at the church, Smith said in a previous statement.The church door and window boarded up after the attack are on the opposite side of church, near the dumpsters, from the main entrance covered by a carport where a grey truck matching the description of Bevers vehicle was parked on Monday during the investigation.

http://m.midlothianmirror.com/news/20160421/search-warrant-bevers-died-from-head-injury

:great: THANK YOU !!! I feel so good I figured out something lol doing the happy dance :great:

arkansasmimi Thanks for your wonderful timeline :happydance:, a great complement to your detailed church floorplan. :loveyou:

I'm behind, may have missed it, but has anyone posted about interior surv cam locations, possibly showing if perp intended to target Ms B or just steal?

IIRC at first presser LE said: church does not have surv-cams in every room. No cams in restrooms, seems logical.
Restroom w no cam would good place for perp to attack a targeted victim, unless perp was aware of imminent arrival/entry of CG class.
Perp would not want (logically) to risk others coming into restroom - either men's or women's RR.
But if perp was there to steal & unaware of 5:00 CG camper's imminent entry into bldg, possibly into RRs, perp might have attacked in RR.

IIRC, LE said, no surv cams in kitchen. What other rooms have no surv cams? Or are likely to have no cams?
Some here think the perp was aware of surv cams and 'posed/acted' for them. Agreeing w. that, could be true for intended theft or targeting Ms B.
Is it likely perp knew which rooms had no cams, so attacked Ms B in a cam-less location, just in case she pulled perp's helmet off to reveal perp's face?

I think some posters attend this CoC, so their knowledgeable input about surv cams would be helpful. Or others who may know. Thx in adv.

Also, did LE say
Q1.
they found Ms B in a room/location w no cams, or perhaps w cam, but out of cam view. Or am I misremembering LE stmt?
Q2. anything about where/which specific room Ms B was found in?
Thx in adv.

It looks like Patrick Wilson is the Ellis County DA. He (or his office) might be preventing the release of more search warrants.

http://www.co.ellis.tx.us/index.aspx?nid=73

If there are any search warrants that haven't been served yet, LE might be worried that the person named in the warrant will destroy evidence or will flee before the warrant is served.

I am speculating that LE does not want the perp to have a detailed idea of what is being looked for in connection to this murder.

Just some thoughts.

First, LE will 'interview' someone multiple times when there are inconsistencies that need to be cleared up, as in things that were stated to LE turned out to be false or if new information is revealed and LE wants to corroborate it with the interviewee. Second, for a search warrant to be issued, LE has to prove to the Judge that there is probable cause for the search and what types of items they are looking for. (Note: they will list some very small things too so they can open drawers and such). Third, if there was a search warrant, it may have not have been released to the public because it's release may jeopardize the investigation. But, most importantly, if any house/apartment in the community had been subjected to a search, people would be talking about seeing LE at So-and-So's place. Are they?

Just adding this bit. When SWATPERP is swinging the hammer at the wall or whatever, watch the swing, it is sideways. This is NOT someone who swings a hammer much, if ever. This is another reason I think SWATPERP is a woman.

It looks like Patrick Wilson is the Ellis County DA. He (or his office) might be preventing the release of more search warrants.

http://www.co.ellis.tx.us/index.aspx?nid=73

If there are any search warrants that haven't been served yet, LE might be worried that the person named in the warrant will destroy evidence or will flee before the warrant is served.

I am speculating that LE does not want the perp to have a detailed idea of what is being looked for in connection to this murder.

Just some thoughts.

Usually search warrants are executed on immediately because time is always of the essence.

First, LE will 'interview' someone multiple times when there are inconsistencies that need to be cleared up, as in things that were stated to LE turned out to be false or if new information is revealed and LE wants to corroborate it with the interviewee. Second, for a search warrant to be issued, LE has to prove to the Judge that there is probable cause for the search and what types of items they are looking for. (Note: they will list some very small things too so they can open drawers and such). Third, if there was a search warrant, it may have not have been released to the public because it's release may jeopardize the investigation. But, most importantly, if any house/apartment in the community had been subjected to a search, people would be talking about seeing LE at So-and-So's place. Are they?

Your last sentence made me think of all the cases where either the locals, the media, or both report that a house is being searched or police cars are in front of a property even when LE hasn't confirmed they are serving a warrant. Why aren't we hearing that in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro