TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video where the killer opens the Dutch door, it looks like he/she is carrying a hammer, but when the doors are shut and he walks down the hall, there is nothing in his hand. Why would he leave it, is this a tool room of some sort? Is this the murder weapon? Sorry if this is already discussed, I've not been able to read the entire thread, it bombs out on me.

In the video where the killer opens the Dutch door, it looks like he/she is carrying a hammer, but when the doors are shut and he walks down the hall, there is nothing in his hand. Why would he leave it, is this a tool room of some sort? Is this the murder weapon? Sorry if this is already discussed, I've not been able to read the entire thread, it bombs out on me.

Sure enough, funny that it being a dutch door seemed to surprise them a little yet it was as if putting the hammer/mallet in there was the intent when opening it. They (him/her) seem familiar yet not. jmo

It does say "police" on there, so maybe impersonating an officer?

Yet, items like that are being sold everywhere, in pretty great numbers. So I doubt simply wearing the items is illegal.

Thanks, that wasn't what I meant though

He said LE told him that the perp was six feet tall.

I think it's pretty clear from the excellent sleuthing here that there's no way the perp was six feet tall.

So is the husband lying about what LE told him about the perp, or is LE lying to him about what they believe about the perp?

So you think posters here know more then the LEOs who are investigating the case?:facepalm:

There is lots of excellent sleuthing on this forum, but come on, only a very limited amount of information has been released. The police have a lot more/better information then we have. I don’t believe you can reasonably conclude from that few seconds of low resolution video, the suspects hight and gender. Personally to me, from that few seconds of video, the suspect looks like a six foot tall male. But I’d have to see the entire video, to be sure.

Why a uniform like that, did they intend to kidnap Missy, telling her to go with him/ her but she resisted, a mask and hoodie would have sufficed if they just wanted to kill her!

We can try to break down the uniform/costume whatever. I can go out in this town I live in and easily buy apparel which states I am LE. The puzzling thing to me is the helmet. Can anyone tell if it could be a motorcycle helmet?

It looks like a motorcycle helmet to me.

Not too many men allow the wife to go anywhere at 4am without them tagging along for safety issues.

I would hazard a guess that most men don’t require their wives to have their permission to go out at any time, and most women wouldn’t take kindly to their husbands telling them when they can go out by themselves.

Seems I recall reading that a crowbar was used to get into the building. Perhaps that window got broken after entry was made and something was tossed out onto the ground to retrieve on the way out? Apparently there were several broken windows. It just seems to me the person took their time looking for something or someone -- To gear up like that, I would expect they were looking for a specific person expected to be there that early in the morning.

With all due respect, my husband wouldn't like it at ALL. I don't think DexterMorgan meant "allow" as in "grant permission"; maybe that it just doesn't seem safe to be out at that time unaccompanied. That being said, I think there is a feeling of safety at a church, and I think Missy and her husband were lulled into a false sense of security.

I would hazard a guess that most men don’t require their wives to have their permission to go out at any time, and most women wouldn’t take kindly to their husbands telling them when they can go out by themselves.

OK so I've just spent too much time to admit catching up on this thread so I am not even going to attempt to go back and identify which post I read this in but:

One post stated Missy somewhere said she was going to bed at 7:30 because she had to get up at 4:30 the next day.

But her husband calls her at 9:30 that night? Why would he do that? Wouldn't he know she would already be sound asleep?

Welcoming any corrections to anything I misread or misinterpreted.

Maybe she talked to him while she was in bed? Even if they talked until 10:30, she could have still gotten a good six hours of sleep.

Yet, items like that are being sold everywhere, in pretty great numbers. So I doubt simply wearing the items is illegal.

I agree with what you say, but then I ask myself why would someone want to wear a police uniform if they are not LE. ? When someone wears a police uniform at halloween are they not impersonating a police officer? So if not halloween why would someone wear a police uniform if not to impersonate a police officer.?

Funeral set for Saturday

Bevers, a mother to three girls, was killed Monday at about 4:15 a.m. at the Creekside Church of Christ while preparing to teach a Camp Gladiator fitness class at 5 a.m. Midlothian police are still looking for both answers and the suspect, who was seen on surveillance video walking around inside the church before and after Bevers arrived.

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20160420/funeral-set-for-saturday

bbm

There must be at least 30 minutes of video. We have only seen a few seconds of it. A lot more happened then we know about. The police are not releasing most of it, but I believe reports are that the victim was shot.

Midlothian Murder May Have Been Targeted Attack

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/19/midlothian-murder-may-have-been-targeted-attack/

The intruder’s police uniform could also prompt investigators to dig deeper into this case. “It is going to raise the awareness of the police department, that there may be something more here than just a burglary or even a murder,” the former officer said Monday. “Something else was going on here, and they’re going to try to uncover it.”

With all due respect, my husband wouldn't like it at ALL. I don't think DexterMorgan meant "allow" as in "grant permission"; maybe that it just doesn't seem safe to be out at that time unaccompanied. That being said, I think there is a feeling of safety at a church, and I think Missy and her husband were lulled into a false sense of security.

I just don’t think the statement was accurate at all. Many women begin or end their work shifts at night, and are more then capable of going by themselves without their husbands accompanying them. I’m sure some husbands do that, but I have never known any. Certainly not if they both have their own cars.

Or something to do with suspect wearing SWAT/federal looking uniform?

I really don't think that is the case. I think (IMO) that this perp is either LE or someone related to LE. Possible a hired killer again just my opinion. I am also very confident this had nothing to do with the church and everything to do with the target victim.

^bbm

IIUC, in news vid interview Bevers, he said 'business trip' to Biloxi, but my Yankee ears may have misheard. Somewhere upthread a poster ref'ed to fishing trip too.
I also got impression he drove, rather than flew, but could be wrong.
Seems more likely that a person wd leave home on a Sun., to drive for several hrs, to arrive at intended city for business purposes on Monday morning.
Seems more likely, imo, than leaving home on Sun to drive or otherwise travel to embark on fishing trip, but fishing trip is entirely poss too.

I wanted to listen again but could not locate vid. Anyone--- a link to vid? and/or another listener's interp -- fishing, business, or something else? Thx in adv.

He flew but his flight was delayed for several hours due to bad weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper