TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to indicate that the suspect WAS burglarizing the church and they have them on video doing so. So I am not sure she was targeted but may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.:( I just don't see someone going through a church burglarizing it carrying burglary tools if they came there to specifically murdered someone. Its seems if that were the case they would just lay in wait for her to come in. That doesn't seem to be the case. IMO

“Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helmet walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location,” the affidavit for the search warrant stated.

The 'unknown instrument' could have been one of the tools they were carrying. If she had died from a gunshot wound they would already know what instrument was used. It makes me wonder if they came up behind her and hit her before she could even try to protect herself. Maybe LE already knows what tool was used to murder her and they are keeping that a secret for right now it would be something only the suspect would know. They may already know it was done by a hammer, heavy metal flashlight etc.

The ME may be able to guess at the instrument used if the bludgeoning weapon left a pattern on her scalp.

IMO

Nothing appeared to be missing from the church.

The video the perp walked very casual as taking his nonchalant time.

The person arrived about 30 minutes before her.

The person killed her about 40 minutes before anyone else arrived.

The alarm happened to be deactivated that morning, probably because she was coming early for her Boot Camp.

The person appeared to see the cameras and came fully covered to hide their shape, sex, and identity.

The person parked very far from the entrance, if they were there to rob it they would want to load closer to the side entrance.

The time of the robbery was very early in the morning. Personally I believe it normally would happen closer to midnight. Not like you set the alarm early to rob a place, more likely stay up late after no one around.

The reason people believe she was shot because they brought in dog sniffers. But I think they may have used them to pickup the scent of known POI.

It seems to indicate that the suspect WAS burglarizing the church and they have them on video doing so. So I am not sure she was targeted but may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.:( I just don't see someone going through a church burglarizing it carrying burglary tools if they came there to specifically murder someone. Its seems if that were the case they would just lay in wait for her to come in. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Burglarizing has a legal meaning in Texas that differs from the ordinary understanding of the word. Without stealing anything or intending to steal anything - which the church says nothing was stolen - you'd be considered a burglar in Texas if you're in someplace unauthorized and you assaulted someone or committed a felony of any kind.

It was stated that the outside cameras were either off or not working. How many cases have we heard that one??

Way too many Plumeria.

Why does it always seem in so many cases like the odds are in the favor of the criminal/murderer and not the victim/s. Its uncanny sometimes how things seem to work for the criminal and not against them.

If only the cameras had been on or working they may have had a good chance to see if they were in a vehicle leaving the scene or which way they walked away from the scene. Heck they may have even took the helmet off once exiting the church. Do you know if they had other working cameras in the area around the church that could have picked up something?

I hate it when things like this happen because working cameras are really helping LE to solve so many cases now.

Or a pirate
Lol! Stop it!
I'm still feeling guilty about laughing at the photo of the inside of the church. I first thought it was of a squirrel photobomb and wondered why you would do that.
There, I've confessed and feel better. Now I can move on. :blushing:

Way too many Plumeria.

Why does it always seem in so many cases like the odds are in the favor of the criminal/murderer and not the victim/s. Its uncanny sometimes how things seem to work for the criminal and not against them.

If only the cameras had been on or working they may have had a good chance to see if they were in a vehicle leaving the scene or which way they walked away from the scene. Heck they may have even took the helmet off once exiting the church. Do you know if they had other working cameras in the area around the church that could have picked up something?

I hate it when things like this happen because working cameras are really helping LE to solve so many cases now.

OBE, Agree about the cameras. Someone told me that the FBI now has imaging technology which can make the grainiest video image as clear as if the image was right in front of your eyes. This technology can zone in on the tiniest print on a video or photo image and make it large enough to read. This is not a good time to be a ****/criminal !

Has there been any reports to the location where her body was located? Hallway? room? bathroom? IIRC she was still in the process of unloading equipment from her truck.

The perp had to know the burglar alarm was off. As I understand it their getaway vehicle was some distance away. Try running in that outfit if an alarm went off.

One intriguing tip has aleady come in from a woman who posted an urgent message to the Midlothian Police Facebook page: “There is one creepy guy who is a body builder with an almost nude picture of himself that has followed [Missy] on Facebook and he likes to pose in a swat team uniform.”
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-church-ask-if-anyone-recognizes-killers-walk

Wow, that's interesting. BBM, wonder if any of you noticed his posts on her fb.

Thanks for your previous reply to my computer fan noise. Again, while watching the above video the noise started. I guess it might be a graphic card fan. I watched youtube and will do some interior cleaning with compressed air once I buy some. It's always something.

It seems kind of insulting to both genders to assume men only value women on a sliding scale of "hotness".
Thank you. I wanted to say exactly this. I know the OP probably didn't mean for post to come out like that though.[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow, that's interesting. BBM, wonder if any of you noticed his posts on her fb.

Thanks for your previous reply to my computer fan noise. Again, while watching the above video the noise started. I guess it might be a graphic card fan. I watched youtube and will do some interior cleaning with compressed air once I buy some. It's always something.

Sorry to go OT, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago, many of those news videos halt and stutter something terrible. I've been searching for a remedy... have found nothing yet, though.

I'm sorry but this really upsets me. Why is the aunt sharing these girls' devastating private moments of learning of their mother's death?
And why would they just take it upon themselves to just tell the children?

Looks like you could use a new thread. A new one is waiting right here Thread #2

Prepare to move over to thread #2. This one will close in 10 minutes.

I disagree in this case. The hotness scale is relevant here. If the perp is woman, which certainly seems possible, then I think it's relevant to point out that she is lumpy and fat, where her victim was trim and thin. One report said the suspect "waddled" through down the hallway. Disgruntled student, perhaps? Maybe Missi said something to her that set her off? Maybe she was jealous? I find it extremely hard to believe the husband would be dallying with this troll, if it does turn out to be a female. JMO of course.
I think the waddle may have been due to padding, large shoes, etc. Who knows what is under that get up. Also, hubby isn't model material either, we don't know his "type" even though we have no reason yet to even go there, right?

I'm a bit thrown off! My mother's friend who found Ms. Bevers, said it was a different COD!!! I'm waiting for my mother to get home so I can interrogate her! I'm going to ask if her friend was the only camp participant there at the time, where the body was located and exactly what her friend saw as COD because it's not what's being reported on the news. Maybe she was attacked/killed with multiple weapons/tools/ways??????

Lol. Men love all women regardless of figure or hotness.

But most men don't want a woman that is happy with killing your wife and the mother of your children. Jmo
Unless they are Joey Buttafuco...[emoji12]

Burglarizing has a legal meaning in Texas that differs from the ordinary understanding of the word. Without stealing anything or intending to steal anything - which the church says nothing was stolen - you'd be considered a burglar in Texas if you're in someplace unauthorized and you assaulted someone or committed a felony of any kind.

Thank you. Yes, that is the way the law goes in most states including my own.

All one has to do is be inside a place they don't have permission to be in. You are right, nothing has to be taken even though in this case the suspect forced entry.

However since they do have the suspect on video walking around with tools to do burglaries I do suspect they were intending to burglarize the church. I have read in the news where they are taken pieces of brass or other kinds of metal from churches to sell for scrap. Even churches aren't immune to lowlife scum taking things that don't belong to them.

He/she may have had all intentions of burglarizing the church but if Missy came in and surprised them they may have gotten spooked and left without taking anything after murdering her.

This statement confuses me:

Torrez also said the video indicates the person in the police gear may have been in the church building previously. The alarm reportedly was not activated on the day of the murder. http://www.fox4news.com/news/128637767-story

Does that mean LE thinks the perp was in the building and disarmed the alarm before it was locked for the evening?

Personally, I do trust the Websleuths who have so kindly input how they arrived at a height for the perp. LE can lie and do lie, especially if they want the perp to feel at ease. Maybe this sicko is laying back ltfao thinking Law Enforcement thinks "I'm 6 feet tall." Puts this person at complete ease that they don't have to "run" because Law Enforcement is looking for a 6 foot man. Just my :twocents:

So you can better estimate the hight of the suspect from a few seconds of video then LE can from watching hours of video and probably recreating the crime scene at the actual location? I bet the investigators wish they had your powers. They have probably already spend thousands of hours on this case, trying to figure out, what you guys figured out from a few seconds of video.

Unfortunately your theory doesn’t make a lot of sense. The suspect crawled in through a high window. It would be difficult if not impossible for a short suspect to access the building that way. Plus a short suspect would likely look for an easier way in, even if they could somehow get up to that window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper