TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought it was really weird how they walked down the hallway touching the wall. It did seem like they were really trying to get into that door, but why wear the gear if you were simply trying to rob a church? And at that time of the morning?

I would bet that was the room where the surveillance equipment was. It would make sense that the door would be locked and others would not be.

The perp really worked to get in that closet without any luck. It was weird the way the perp kept touching the walls walking down the hallway.

I still believe the would have liked to have found the security recording equipment, whether it was a burglary or a hit (which I still believe it was).

If they would have done to the door what they did to the wall they could have busted in or at least tried. I found the door effort subpar as that shouldn't deter a determined burglar, especially when you've got something to smash into it and rip around it.

I was posting the same thoughts as you posted yours! Yes! How was Missy's vehicle captured, but not the perp's?

Bill Carson says he believes the cameras are motion activated. Her car would be videoed because the perp activated the cameras. His vehicle would not be videoed because there was no motion until he entered the building

Can anyone guess about how "big" this church is in size and attendance? If it's a large church, the POI would probably think that there is surveillance equipment in the church. Also, they would think that the church would have something of value on premises. A smaller church might not have the funds to afford surveillance equipment or things of extreme value to be on premises. I wonder if they thought that cash would be in-house from the prior day's church services? Maybe their wandering around is trying to figure out where cash would be stored or a safe.

This guy in presser said *paraphrasing* ' all speculation about the gait is not particularly helpful at this point' . Oops !

Well <modsnip> them! They were the ones who brought up the gait on Monday!! What are we supposed to be speculating about?!?

The new video solves no mystery about why the perp is so nonchalant. It's like s/he is thinking: "I'll open this door and look inside. Oh, it's locked. I'll try to force it open. Didn't work. Oh well. Sigh. Walk to the next door.....and now I think I'll bang against this for awhile....."

Weird.

I cannot fathom the intent was to steal. What's to steal there? Bibles, color crayons, kitchen ware???

Will this wandering around prior to the murder ever make sense?

I caught a small portion of the live presser and will share what I heard (paraphrasing)

Q: Is community safe? Is there a killer on the loose?
A: Until suspect is caught, there is obviously a killer still out there, but they see no obvious threat to the rest of the community

Q:What LE agencies are working on investigation and why?
A: FBI, ATF, & Marshals. The agencies offered their help to MPD and MPD accepted because they needed the help. FBI has organizational processes and experience that MPD does not.

Q:How wide of a net are you casting to find suspect?
A: Very wide, wherever evidence takes us..

As mentioned before, he also said speculation on the gait and sex of the suspect, unless specific, is not terribly helpful.

Well <modsnip> them! They were the ones who brought up the gait on Monday!! What are we supposed to be speculating about?!?

I know! At this point the distinctive thing about the POI is the gait and behavior. They mentioned it and the husband did as well early on. That gait might be the thing to crack this case.

New video gives me the real heebie-jeebies. Wish there was sound. I wonder if the perp was saying anything as they walked throughout, looking into rooms? "Police, anyone in here?....."

Sarah Connor ?

Hmmm, so we're not supposed to notice or discuss the gait, sex, etc. OK, sounds like they know who the perp is and are playing mind games with him/her, and don't really need the public's help.

I'm glad you're with us , Bill. I hope you'll stick around for more cases after this one! For a case with so much video , it seems we know almost nothing.

I also thought it was really weird how they walked down the hallway touching the wall. It did seem like they were really trying to get into that door, but why wear the gear if you were simply trying to rob a church? And at that time of the morning?

I thought the touching of the wall looked like it preceded sort of crouching toward the end of the hall, like creeping. or tip toeing with little grace. There are no timestamps on this video, unfortunately.

Two things I got from it.

1. He/she used right hand to break possible window towards the end of it, but didn't seem to hit hard.
2. The way he/she raised the turned on flashlight above their head is like officers do it. I think most people do it at their waist or underhand stretched out.

Anyone agree?

Looks like there was a headlamp ON the helmet (seen as entering and exiting the door)

I'm leaning again towards the pull on boot/sock type boot covers... At least while beaming glass, so may have ditched the "clog type" slip ons that were seen in earlier vid

Also Def LOOKS like trying to stage a break in, leaving doors wide open, breaking glass from inside, etc

Hmmm, so we're not supposed to notice or discuss the gait, sex, etc. OK, sounds like they know who the perp is and are playing mind games with him/her, and don't really need the public's help.

Yeah, based on the summaries, it sounds like they have someone in mind...forget about their gender, their walk and just in general don't worry about your safety, doesn't exactly sound like they don't have someone in mind when they're conceivably a hammer-wielding murderous burglar on the loose.

From the Midlothian Police Department Facebook page:
Midlothian Police Department
2 mins ·

Here is new surveillance footage of the murder investigation of Terri Bevers. The surveillance system is motion-activated and results in different time sequences. If there was no movement captured by the camera system, the video would stop recording. Detectives would like the public to focus in on the mannerisms and distinguishing walk of the suspect. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the department&#8217;s tip line at 972-775-7624. Tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward and can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7292). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible.
https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian-Police-Department-195047007358/
(Bolded part by me)

This press conference is completely useless. Absolutely no helpful information other than the new video and timeline.

How did Missy get in? How did the perp get in? One would think that if the perp had a car, it would have been in the parking lot upon her arrival. Would it have been a car she recognized? And if not, certainly there would have been some hesitation by Missy of who would be there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly