TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT kinda, its weird I remember seeing on my personal facebook something that had been shared multi times. I dont remember where was at (orig), but a police department asking for the public help in identifying individuals... broke into a school and stole various items. Unknown if male/female but were dressed in black and faces covered also. I cant seem to locate it now but they appeared to be going room to room as in this horrible case. Praying this case with Mrs. Bevers was random, wrong place/wrong time.

Has there been anything else said about the car which was spotted in the top corner of some surveillance footage but which the police weren't sure of it being involved or not?

I have been wondering, too. It was stated, early on, that a car was seen in the church surveillance video. And now, in the news, we hear there was no other car in the parking lot.

Someone mentioned before that I find odd, that with death happening minutes before found, why was victim not transported to hospital just in case. Even if quick combo pads showed flatline, you would think load and go to hospital just in case. She was pronounced there. On scene? Only time that happens is when gross, obvious cause of death as in decapitation etc. occurs and any heroic efforts pointless. LE may not release this. They did say trauma to head. Guess it was substantial etc.

Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
That is why I find it weird that the perp had already propped the entryway door and she had basically said the class would be outside under the 'awning,' that she would go in there. There was lots of reasons for her to stay outside and not many to go in, unless she was somehow drawn in, like if she believed LE was there and wanted her attention. Seeing a propped open entryway door at 4:20 AM would keep me out of a building or otherwise seek safety unless there was what appeared to be a cop there who called me in to answer questions.

The propped open interior doors are a puzzle. The janitor wouldn't leave that rubber-type door wedge in an interior door when locking up at night (the door may be unlocked, but wouldn't be left ajar.) One door is propped open about 90 degrees and the other about 45 degrees. Doesn't even make sense, as you can't pass through either door in that situation.

View attachment 92505

JMHO, but its possible there was more than one person at the church and only 1 was caught on video. Would/could explain few things. Hopefully there was more than one and if so I pray one talks ... most often that what helps LEO

Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
^sbm bbm

Is it possible that the B family did not have a 'home number' for Ms B's friends/campers to call? Maybe not.
Seems like oldest dau (~15 y/o?) would have her own phone. Maybe the other 2 daus as well. IDK. Just a possibility.
In many households these days, when they reach the point where each child has a phone (as well as parents), they dispense w a landline.

I thought of that too before I posted, but the youngest is 8. So I would still expect there to be a home landline.

Some home security systems still require a landline. * a friend in a remote town in Texas has one for that reason only.

Hi all. I'm new but this case has me obsessed. The husband stated in his interview that the killer had to have not parked their car in the church parking lot or Missy would have seen it and not gone in. If this is true, where would they have parked? I looked at the google map of the church and there seems to just be a road nearby but no other parking close. Does anyone see where a car could be parked if it is not on the church property? Also was it light when the first camper arrived? If so, having someone in all black slip away would be easier. But if it was dawn, the person should have been seen by those coming into the lot.

Respectfully BBM, April 18th was a Monday morning. Personally I see it very possible that someone could have left a car on the church parking lot the day/night prior due to church services. Especially if parked in an area looked to be a parking space. Also, depending how much it was raining (and was very dark) she may not have thought much of a car being there. Especially if use to doing this early hour camp there. JMHO * just using your post, to make my comment- not toward you personally.

:welcome6: :greetings:

Originally Posted by Snow Flower View Post
This video discusses all of that, somewhat. I just looked at it. I had never seen this one. I had seen clips of this interview with BB but not the entire interview. In this one he says the perp came in the back door. He also says that there is no other vehicle on the surveillance tape at all. This was the best explanation I have heard for a lot of nagging questions I had. Its almost 25 minutes long but worth looking at. Maybe others have seen it, but I had not.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48
Thanks for the link! It sounds a little like BB has maybe seen more video than we have.

It's odd, I thought that it was a direct quote from LE about the car in the video. BB seems focused on there being no vehicle in the church parking lot. Perhaps there was one outside church property which LE were talking about and has been ruled out?

That video where I was speaking of broken glass on door... appears to be to me the back of church as there were a/c units near by in video @1:49 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAonvZ4Gdqo&feature=youtu.be

Someone mentioned before that I find odd, that with death happening minutes before found, why was victim not transported to hospital just in case. Even if quick combo pads showed flatline, you would think load and go to hospital just in case. She was pronounced there. On scene? Only time that happens is when gross, obvious cause of death as in decapitation etc. occurs and any heroic efforts pointless. LE may not release this. They did say trauma to head. Guess it was substantial etc.

Do we know for fact that was pronounced at scene?

The Midlothian Police Department released an updated timeline of events on Monday
Updated Timeline: (April 22, 2016)

· 3:50 a.m. Monday – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ

· 4:16 a.m. Monday – Terri Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

· 4:20 a.m. Monday – Terri Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.

· 4:35 a.m. Monday – Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location

· 5:00 a.m. Monday – Two 911 calls received from location

· 5:01 a.m. Monday – Fire department dispatched

· 5:03 a.m. Monday – Initial patrol officers dispatched

· 5:07 a.m. Monday – Fire department arrives at the location

· 5:10 a.m. Monday – Officers arrive at the location
http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160422/NEWS/160429778

Snip>

“We have executed several search warrants over the last few days,” Midlothian's Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said, adding the investigators continue to move through an investigative checklist as they examine every possible lead. “We are casting a wide net, everywhere where we think we might get a lead.”
Investigators have a list of names tips have brought to their attention, he said.
“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.”
T
he continued investigation has been difficult on the family, Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout said, and they are experiencing total fear. The new video changed her perspective on who the suspect may be or what they might have been doing, she added.
“We are clueless. We thought we had someone in mind, but after the press conference today, we learned that our lead may not have been a good one,” Stout said. “I just don't know anymore.”
Police are working through the process of collecting information confirming Brandon Bevers, Terri's husband, was out of the state on a fishing trip Monday, Johnson said.
“He has been fully cooperative,” Johnson said.

The Bevers family is asking for their privacy to be respected over the weekend as the family gathers to mourn their loss together, Stout said

Police are working through the process of collecting information confirming Brandon Bevers, Terri's husband, was out of the state on a fishing trip Monday, Johnson said.

“He has been fully cooperative,” Johnson said

We know this is part of the process, looks like they still haven't ruled anyone out . jmho

I wonder if the damage done down that hallway was to show Missy it as the lure. If an officer was to open the door, and question her as to why she was there, say he is investigating a break in at the church. Tell her to step inside out of the weather, lead her showing damage, acting like he is questioning her, take her to a room to continue questioning, she may follow. It could have all been staged to "lure" her in. IMHO (just keep thinking aloud)

In the press conference video, the asst police chief says Missy entered the building shortly after her arrival and unbeknownst to her the intruder was already in the building. So, if that's accurate, it sounds like she went in the building of her own accord. Which I still don't understand since it seemed like they'd be working out under the covered area outside, and her equipment was in her truck.

Yep. I'm really done with the jumping to assume every harmed woman was harmed by her husband. There are plenty of women hurt and killed by acquaintances and strangers. Plenty of grieving husbands out there whose grief was made worse by falling under suspicion. I think we can always rest assured the police always rule out the husband first, which is why the WS policy of leaving the family out of it until told otherwise by LE is a good one.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yeah, and police have said they've almost been able to verify his alibi by Friday, so they're clearly on top of it.

Based on the press conference, the sister-in-law's comments, and the mother-in-law's letter to the perpetrator, I think they know who it was and LE is gathering their evidence for a solid arrest. I think the SIL was advised to say the first person the family suspected was wrong in order to make the perpetrator think they're not under suspicion.

Snip>

“We have executed several search warrants over the last few days,” Midlothian's Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said, adding the investigators continue to move through an investigative checklist as they examine every possible lead. “We are casting a wide net, everywhere where we think we might get a lead.”
Investigators have a list of names tips have brought to their attention, he said.
“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.”
T
he continued investigation has been difficult on the family, Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout said, and they are experiencing total fear. The new video changed her perspective on who the suspect may be or what they might have been doing, she added.
“We are clueless. We thought we had someone in mind, but after the press conference today, we learned that our lead may not have been a good one,” Stout said. “I just don't know anymore.”
“He has been fully cooperative,” Johnson said.

The Bevers family is asking for their privacy to be respected over the weekend as the family gathers to mourn their loss together, Stout said

That video where I was speaking of broken glass on door... appears to be to me the back of church as there were a/c units near by in video @1:49 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAonvZ4Gdqo&feature=youtu.be

Imo, the person who called BB may not have wanted to call the landline (if it exists) for fear that one of the girls would answer. They may have felt it necessary to alert her husband ASAP that something horrible had happened to Missy (especially if they were close enough to either of them to have HIS number) , but certainly weren't prepared to let the girls know.

Or its possible they may not have been able to function clearly enough to find any contact in their phone beyond the specific name of the person they wanted to call - BB.

I also think it probably wasn't so much a "I regret to inform you that your wife is deceased..." but rather a "OMG! Come quickly! Something awful has happened to Missy!" kind of call. Especially if it took place in the early moments just after she was found and it was still unclear what had happened or what her condition was.

In that scenario, I think I'd probably use the word "accident" as well. I don't think I'd be prepared to say she was dead - let alone murdered - even if I believed she was. I think I'd try say the bare minimum while still conveying the seriousness of the situation. I'd leave the rest to LE.

Jmo.

I'm sorry but unless it was immediate family, those types of calls regarding a death (murder) I would leave up to LE. Absolutely.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member