TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 60'ish, more ish than 60. Thick around the middle. Fell down the steps from my deck twice in the last 10 months. (Completely sober, just clumsy. Yes I know it was 5 o'clock somewhere, but that didn't play into it, really it didn't. Lol). I now have a limp that can be aggravated by different things; new shoes, heels too high or too low, damp weather, uneven terrain, etc.
I have very early starts some mornings and can be seen out with my dog as early as 4am. I worry about coyotes, and any 2 legged creatures that might be hanging around. My biggest concern so far is running into the newspaper delivery person or having her run into me as she tears around the neighbourhood.
Would I be able to pull off a murder like this? The answer is no, even though we don't know the entire story.
The point here? I don't think you can eliminate any age group from a crime. I wouldn't be capable, but many would. It's surprising what people can do when the adrenalin kicks in or hatred has built up so much that they decide it's time to take care of whatever has been festering inside.
Also, you just never know who is watching you. Even at 4am, I've noticed curtain flicking as I pass by and all I'm doing is walking my dog.

Does Texas have any laws that allowing document sharing in crime cases to the general public ? Florida has the nice sunshine law that allows the public to see crime documents in cases.

I am thinking it's a super close insider like you're suggesting, a trusted ' friend' . And :welcome: to websleuths. There are so many new members on this thread. I hope I didn't miss anyone :)

Oh I agree!

Or an ex police officer, or the wife of a police officer or ex police officer. But someone with access to some 511 gear that would give at least a legit reason why the FBI, ATF, and Texas Rangers are involved.

"Access to 511 gear"?
From vid of perp at church, I did not see any gear displaying insignia or logos specific to Midlothian PD, or county sheriff, Rangers, or any other force.

Seemed generic to me, like clothing & equipmt avail to the public online (or at local/Metroplex bricks & mortar stores).
http://www.511tactical.com/public-safety/law-enforcement/uniforms.html
www.chiefsupply.com › Brands
www.lapolicegear.com/5tase.html
Many others too.

I am looking at google news and it doesn't look like anything has been reported about Terry for days.

Does anyone have any updates? Autopsy results? ect...

Bumping.

STOP

This is the last warning, if you want to continue with posting previliages then,

Stop insinuating the family is involved with Missy's death. NO ONE has been named as a POI/Suspect. Stop bashing members of the family.

Stay on topic and stop playing guessing games. If you want members to see something tell them what and where it is. OR direct them if it happens to be a FB page you can discuss.

Stop with the rumors. If you state something as fact back it up with a link, if it's just your opinion, then jmo.

And finally....it,might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with Etiquette and Information found here. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Also,

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

Thanks!

I have 2 questions. Has there been anything else said about the car which was spotted in the top corner of some surveillance footage but which the police weren't sure of it being involved or not? After looking at the church on google maps and how the parking lots are set up, I'm a little confused as to how the car couldn't be involved. Logic would seem to suggest that the car on tape was not later present when the campers started turning up/when the police turned up, and is not still present there now. How on earth would we have a third uninvolved party who just happened to park in the remote church parking lot at 4am?? So, was the car not actually parked in the parking lot but was still visible? But then, where? Just on the road? It looks like the kind of road where you're not supposed to park on it, and then Missy would have to drive past it and wouldn't that be suspicious? The most obvious place to park would seem to be up the top of the 'right arm' of parking, up towards the dirt track - but would the camera view catch that? (and hey, maybe a person parking there would even be an energetic dog walker taking them up around that loop of track - though it was dark right?) The second most obvious place to park would seem to be directly behind the church, on the creek side, because that would give a little cover - but who would look at that on surveillance tape and say "hey, I wonder if this car behind the remote church at 4am is involved?....might not be"

So yeah. This was a long way to say: anymore mention of the car?

Second question - somebody who's local - was this Camp Gladiator thing well known locally? Well publicised to people? (outside of just on facebook) These fitness classes seem to be so popular all over the place at the moment, and the church parking lot location is perhaps not entirely unusual for the area.
So what I'm getting at is, should a burglar be assumed to be aware of random energetic folk turning up at locations early in the mornings and plan their burglaries with that in mind?

Hi all. I'm new but this case has me obsessed. The husband stated in his interview that the killer had to have not parked their car in the church parking lot or Missy would have seen it and not gone in. If this is true, where would they have parked? I looked at the google map of the church and there seems to just be a road nearby but no other parking close. Does anyone see where a car could be parked if it is not on the church property? Also was it light when the first camper arrived? If so, having someone in all black slip away would be easier. But if it was dawn, the person should have been seen by those coming into the lot.

Imo, the person who called BB may not have wanted to call the landline (if it exists) for fear that one of the girls would answer. They may have felt it necessary to alert her husband ASAP that something horrible had happened to Missy (especially if they were close enough to either of them to have HIS number) , but certainly weren't prepared to let the girls know.

Or its possible they may not have been able to function clearly enough to find any contact in their phone beyond the specific name of the person they wanted to call - BB.

I also think it probably wasn't so much a "I regret to inform you that your wife is deceased..." but rather a "OMG! Come quickly! Something awful has happened to Missy!" kind of call. Especially if it took place in the early moments just after she was found and it was still unclear what had happened or what her condition was.

In that scenario, I think I'd probably use the word "accident" as well. I don't think I'd be prepared to say she was dead - let alone murdered - even if I believed she was. I think I'd try say the bare minimum while still conveying the seriousness of the situation. I'd leave the rest to LE.

Jmo.

I have 2 questions. Has there been anything else said about the car which was spotted in the top corner of some surveillance footage but which the police weren't sure of it being involved or not? After looking at the church on google maps and how the parking lots are set up, I'm a little confused as to how the car couldn't be involved. Logic would seem to suggest that the car on tape was not later present when the campers started turning up/when the police turned up, and is not still present there now. How on earth would we have a third uninvolved party who just happened to park in the remote church parking lot at 4am?? So, was the car not actually parked in the parking lot but was still visible? But then, where? Just on the road? It looks like the kind of road where you're not supposed to park on it, and then Missy would have to drive past it and wouldn't that be suspicious? The most obvious place to park would seem to be up the top of the 'right arm' of parking, up towards the dirt track - but would the camera view catch that? (and hey, maybe a person parking there would even be an energetic dog walker taking them up around that loop of track - though it was dark right?) The second most obvious place to park would seem to be directly behind the church, on the creek side, because that would give a little cover - but who would look at that on surveillance tape and say "hey, I wonder if this car behind the remote church at 4am is involved?....might not be"

Second question - somebody who's local - was this Camp Gladiator thing well known locally? Well publicised to people? (outside of just on facebook) These fitness classes seem to be so popular all over the place at the moment, and the church parking lot location is perhaps not entirely unusual for the area.
So what I'm getting at is, should a burglar be assumed to be aware of random energetic folk turning up at locations early in the mornings and plan their burglaries with that in mind?
This video discusses all of that, somewhat. I just looked at it. I had never seen this one. I had seen clips of this interview with BB but not the entire interview. In this one he says the perp came in the back door. He also says that there is no other vehicle on the surveillance tape at all. This was the best explanation I have heard for a lot of nagging questions I had. Its almost 25 minutes long but worth looking at. Maybe others have seen it, but I had not.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48

Hi all. I'm new but this case has me obsessed. The husband stated in his interview that the killer had to have not parked their car in the church parking lot or Missy would have seen it and not gone in. If this is true, where would they have parked? I looked at the google map of the church and there seems to just be a road nearby but no other parking close. Does anyone see where a car could be parked if it is not on the church property? Also was it light when the first camper arrived? If so, having someone in all black slip away would be easier. But if it was dawn, the person should have been seen by those coming into the lot.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I don't know if anyone has posted the time of sunrise on that morning in Midlothian. I doubt sunrise was quite that early, though.

Does Texas have any laws that allowing document sharing in crime cases to the general public ? Florida has the nice sunshine law that allows the public to see crime documents in cases.

It depends on the case.

"Access to 511 gear"?
From vid of perp at church, I did not see any gear displaying insignia or logos specific to Midlothian PD, or county sheriff, Rangers, or any other force.

Seemed generic to me, like clothing & equipmt avail to the public online (or at local/Metroplex bricks & mortar stores).
http://www.511tactical.com/public-safety/law-enforcement/uniforms.html www.chiefsupply.com › Brands
www.lapolicegear.com/5tase.html
Many others too.

The tools could be LE-only breaching tools

This message is for the Church Killer--

Hey Church Killer,

I know you've been here, lurking. You must feel pretty smug at times, with all of the speculation we write that is way off base. But that's okay, Church Killer---you know why? Because the you haven't fooled the police. They're coming for you. You screwed up and left a few too many clues. Ever hear of a no-knock raid? I'd expect that if I were you. When you hear a dog barking in the night--that's not them. It's when you don't hear the dog bark that they are the closest. And they're not too happy about your little SWAT costume.

Hey, Church Killer, I'm going to bed now and I'm going to sleep like a baby. But I'd keep an eye open if I were you.

Good night,
Bill

And I will add, when you are caught and convicted, the state of Texas will show you no mercy.

This sheds more light on the camper who arrived early, which to me makes it even more curious:

The same article also adds this, but this may have changed as the article is from days ago:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492
So the person who said they arrived at 4:35 waited outside presumably under the cover. That seems even more strange that you'd wait outside, unless you expected to find something bad where you either knew what was inside or you are scared to go in alone. Was this person noticing Missy wasn't bringing stuff in? Were they not calling out to her during this time? Based on the quote it sounds like the one who supposedly got there at 4:35 is also the one who first located the body.

I was thinking maybe the doors could of been locked.

Yes very well known it was posted on FB about her whereabouts and even that she would be there early.

I was thinking maybe the doors could of been locked.

It would be good to know what it looked like when LE arrived as the video prior to Missy arriving shows the doors propped open. If the doors had been locked, the campers would have no way of finding the body unless they themselves broke in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95