TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been gone all day and I'm not even close to caught up on these fast moving threads, but I was really hoping there would have been an arrest by now.

I keep thinking of both Teresa Sievers' murder and Amanda Blackburn's murder. On one hand, I get why so many people think this case will end up like Teresa's. On the other hand, the victimology reminds me so much of Amanda Blackburn. I feel as if Missy was the woman Amanda would have grown into in another 20 years if she hadn't been murdered and Amanda was murdered by random perps. Her husband had nothing to do with her murder.

I think the Gladiator Campers were worried about Missy's girls. They knew they would be alone and wanted for someone to get to them as soon as possible in case the perp was headed to Missy's house to harm the girls. JMO... :twocents: They probably knew BB's #, but not immediate other family members.

That is a plausible explanation.

Seems to me that 1) there was too little time for sexual assault and 2) if there had been one, there'd be less confusion as to whether perp is male or female.

This was a killer, totally concerned with disguise and DNA masking. It'd be the last thing this person would do. IMHO.

I agree. No sexual assault. Not exactly sure what the motive is, but I'm ruling out that it involved sexual assault.

I've been gone all day and I'm not even close to caught up on these fast moving threads, but I was really hoping there would have been an arrest by now.

I keep thinking of both Teresa Sievers' murder and Amanda Blackburn's murder. On one hand, I get why so many people think this case will end up like hers. On the other hand, the victimology reminds me so much of Amanda Blackburn. I feel as if Missy was the woman Amanda would have grown into in another 20 years if she hadn't been murdered and Amanda was murdered by random perps. Her husband had nothing to do with her murder.

Can you give us newbies a very brief description of those crimes so we will understand what you mean by the comparisons? TY

When he was asked if the community should be worried, he never completely answers that question with a yes or no. But the words he does use convey (to me, anyway) that this was not a random attack, that there's no deranged Church Killer out there.

I like that name, it fit this situation well---the Church Killer!

I agree. No sexual assault. Not exactly sure what the motive is, but I'm ruling out that it involved sexual assault.
Yes, IMO, this helps rule out some sex-crazed person in her class who wanted her since there doesn't appear to be any sexual assault.

Isn't the oldest child 15 or 16? I think that's plenty old enough to be taking care of the younger children. I really do not think that indicates any level of neglect or carelessness. Many parents leave their children with teenagers as babysitters.

I would never leave my children, home alone, at 4 am. I might at 4 pm, for 20 minutes, perhaps. Here is information on Texas law...which indicates a mature teen can babysit.

"14. HOW OLD DO MY KIDS NEED TO BE BEFORE THEY CAN BE LEFT HOME ALONE BY THEMSELVES? Texas law provides no specific recommendations, according to DFPS. However, the agency recommends taking several factors into consideration before leaving a child home alone, including the age, emotional maturity and capability of the child; the layout and safety of the home or play area; the child’s ability to respond to an emergency; and whether the child has any mental, physical or medical disabilities."

http://www.dfwchild.com/features/2651/27-Laws-Every-Parent-Should-Know#

STOP

This is the last warning, if you want to continue with posting previliages then,

Stop insinuating the family is involved with Missy's death. NO ONE has been named as a POI/Suspect. Stop bashing members of the family.

Stay on topic and stop playing guessing games. If you want members to see something tell them what and where it is. OR direct them if it happens to be a FB page you can discuss.

Stop with the rumors. If you state something as fact back it up with a link, if it's just your opinion, then jmo.

And finally....it,might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with Etiquette and Information found here. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Also,

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

Thanks!

I assume the church won't be open for services tomorrow? Is the crime scene tape still up? How does that even work? Clean up, repair and then essentially move on (the church and its members, not the people who mourn our victim) with normal schedule?

Mark Sievers took his 2 children back into the home where their mother was killed so I'm assuming the church will be repaired and cleaned then "normal" after it is no longer a crime scene?

I just watched the interview with SIL for the first time. It's clearly stated in here that an officer called BB to tell him Missy was dead. It appears the previous calls to him from the friend/camper had reayed she was in an "accident." Not sure where y'all are getting that he was told by a camper that Missy was dead? I think that's inaccurate info that's just continued to balloon over the pages ...

I might have been unclear in my posts, or confused earlier. It sometimes happens. LOL

Anyway, though, to your point--even if the campers who found her did not tell BB she had expired (or even knew whether she was) I still think it's really odd that one of her students had Missy's husband's cell phone number.

I've stated this multiple times already so I'll stop beating this particular deceased equine.

Another thought just occurred to me though. One would think that if the camper was close enough to the family to have the husband's cellphone number, they would also have Missy's home number. And at that hour of the morning would have called the house first.

Unless that person was close enough to the family to know that the husband was away on his fishing trip.

I don't really know where I'm going with this except to say I really want to know who this camper is and why he or she had the husband's cellphone number.

HEY! Another thought! Do we know whether the camper who found her was a man or a woman? I've been assuming a woman, but if we don't know, it could be a man, which could put a whole new complexion on the situation.

Bein a nurse, i hope the authorities have looked into who all has had right leg surgeries/injuries in the last few years in the area. It will be time consuming. I am aware of HIPPA laws but I am also aware of what goes on when bosses say "I don't wanna know what you are doing". The answer(s) may very well lie in area medical records i.e. Physical therapy records etc. Pharmacy records etc. Once they narrow down the perp list, could be helpful.

I assume the church won't be open for services tomorrow? Is the crime scene tape still up? How does that even work? Clean up, repair and then essentially move on (the church and its members, not the people who mourn our victim) with normal schedule?

Mark Sievers took his 2 children back into the home where their mother was killed so I'm assuming the church will be repaired and cleaned then "normal" after it is no longer a crime scene?

They had services on Wednesday night.

This sheds more light on the camper who arrived early, which to me makes it even more curious:
"She was actually found by one of the boot camp participants who got there a little bit early and waited outside for a while until others got there," Spann said. "They went in the building where they located her."
The same article also adds this, but this may have changed as the article is from days ago:
Investigators believe the perpetrator left shortly after murdering Bevers.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492
So the person who said they arrived at 4:35 waited outside presumably under the cover. That seems even more strange that you'd wait outside, unless you expected to find something bad where you either knew what was inside or you are scared to go in alone. Was this person noticing Missy wasn't bringing stuff in? Were they not calling out to her during this time? Based on the quote it sounds like the one who supposedly got there at 4:35 is also the one who first located the body.

I think the Gladiator Campers were worried about Missy's girls. They knew they would be alone and wanted for someone to get to them as soon as possible in case the perp was headed to Missy's house to harm the girls. JMO... :twocents: They probably knew BB's #, but not immediate other family members.

How would they know the girls would be alone though?

And if they feared the perp was headed to Missy's house to harm the girls, why wouldn't they call 911 to have police go there? I'm sure the sister in law would have mentioned it had that happened.

They had services on Wednesday night.

Being raised in the church of Christ, that doesn't surprise me. When I was a teen, a man had a heart attack during worship service. They didn't even pause the service. An ambulance came and got him as we continued to listen to the preacher. Nothing stops a cofc meeting. Nothing.

So the person who said they arrived at 4:35 waited outside presumably under the cover. That seems even more strange that you'd wait outside, unless you expected to find something bad where you either knew what was inside or you scared to go in alone. Was this person noticing Missy wasn't bringing stuff in? Were they not calling out to her during this time? Based on the quote it sounds like the one who supposedly got there at 4:35 is also the one who first located the body.

No I disagree it is unusual. In fact I think it is very plausible that someone arrived extra early, parked their car and sat in the car to finish a coffee or play candy crush. If I was getting up that early, I'd probably be very early to class because I'm used to taking 5 kids everywhere, lol.

No I disagree it is unusual. In fact I think it is very plausible that someone arrived extra early, parked their car and sat in the car to finish a coffee or play candy crush. If I was getting up that early, I'd probably be very early to class because I'm used to taking 5 kids everywhere, lol.

I agree. It might have been a new student, for all we know. I don't know why nearly everybody is hung up on this.

How would they know the girls would be alone though?

And if they feared the perp was headed to Missy's house to harm the girls, why wouldn't they call 911 to have police go there? I'm sure the sister in law would have mentioned it had that happened.

The oldest daughter sometimes accompanied Missy to her camps. The campers had to be aware she had other daughters too. Small town kind of thing. I don't know why they wouldn't call 911 to have the police go to the home? Sometimes people don't call 911. I say that my first reaction would be to call 911 when finding a murdered friend/trainer, but I don't know. If I knew them on a personal level, I might think family could get there quicker. I'm not even sure there is not something bigger in the works here. This SWAT-wearing Church Killer has now confused the good guys from the bad in a very, very distorted way. It's very twisted to me.

This crime is very very strange. It seems something out of a movie. Unfortunately it is reality.

A remote church in an almost deserted zone.

A killer wandering along the corridors of the church, as if he/she was parading around, looking here and there and everywhere without seeing anything.

'Now I'll smash here, then I'll break there, ok I will open this door, hmmm better to shut this one closed but first let me smash another glass there...'

A killer that can be seen as a man with a gait, a woman with her husbands boots, or a woman trying to walk like a man, or lesbian alike.

A fit woman, mother of three beautiful girs that goes to teach her fitness class inside the remote church in an almost deserted zone at 3.30 in the morning.

Not only she goes alone, but, as she goes much earlier than the other atendants she remains alone in the dark place at that time, taking stuff for the class from her

car.

I am like imagining this in my mind and it gives me the chills!!

Then we have a husband that was out of state, around 8 hours by car and 1 hour and a half by plane. Fishing.

And if the man is calm and placid. I was paying attention to his loooong interview and asking myself when would he, the reporters or even me fall asleep.

Either he is in shock or under the influence of pills to be calm. Well, to be calm and to hide emotions as I coudn't see any.

But, each person is differente in the way they grief. And he said he has been having no time.

I noticed he couldn't be sure about his wife of 20 years age. He knew it was 40 and something.

I tend to agree that Missy was targeted, but she could also have interrupted someone who decided to rob the church. I don't believe the latter though.

Missy was nice, very fit, had <modsnip> had healthy eating habits and took good care of herself. Was a mentor. This could lead to jealousy, hate, problematic

love, etc, etc.

I think the LE will have a hard hard task with this one. It will not be easy but let's hope it will be discovered and Missy gets justice.

I have followed several cases on WS and have seen first hand the wisdom of the rules around here.
sometimes you can be sure you know who the bad guy is and it turn out not to be that person.
When you that happens I am so thankful for the rules. It would be very hurtful if we had discussed an innocent persons background and all of their skeletons.

I have read many posts over the years that say what I am trying to say much more eloquently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog