TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A "pro" would have double or triple tapped to the head with a firearm. We don't know if she was hit, then shot etc. This reeks of personal vendetta IMO. Either a clumsy "hit" by a wanna be pro or an obsessed or angry guy or gal. I think looking for video bank and/or trying to make it "look" like a burglary. Someone who had cased church before. This was no random serial killer etc IMO. This was a planned out attack. Who, remains to be seen. I have 26 yrs experience as a RN and some LE background.( thus I know people unfortunately) People should realize press conferences are very telling and I will leave that there quietly.

I concur (& as a fellow RN)

I agree. It might have been a new student, for all we know. I don't know why nearly everybody is hung up on this.

BBM.

<modsnip> Here at WS we get hung up on all kinds of things. It's what we do. :biggrin:

Seriously, to address the topic: I am not hung up on this. I can think of all kinds of reasons a student might show up half an hour early to class but not head toward the door until class time.

It's not a big red flag to me. But I can see how others might find it suspicious.

This sheds more light on the camper who arrived early, which to me makes it even more curious:

The same article also adds this, but this may have changed as the article is from days ago:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492
So the person who said they arrived at 4:35 waited outside presumably under the cover. That seems even more strange that you'd wait outside, unless you expected to find something bad where you either knew what was inside or you are scared to go in alone. Was this person noticing Missy wasn't bringing stuff in? Were they not calling out to her during this time? Based on the quote it sounds like the one who supposedly got there at 4:35 is also the one who first located the body.

Interesting he refers to the camper who found her as they rather than he or she. Hmmmmmmm

Beesknees, it is like a horror movie. We want to yell at Missy, "DON'T GO IN THERE!!" But it's too late.

No I disagree it is unusual. In fact I think it is very plausible that someone arrived extra early, parked their car and sat in the car to finish a coffee or play candy crush. If I was getting up that early, I'd probably be very early to class because I'm used to taking 5 kids everywhere, lol.

So you think the camper lied to LE when they told LE they waited outside, but were really in their car? Why would someone lie about that? I do think the camper may be lying, but I don't know why someone would lie about being in their car drinking a coffee, especially when it can be verified by the others showing up whether this person was outside or not. It is the Police spokesman who said expressly said the camper was outside for 'a while.' Lying to police is prosecutable offense, so it would really draw my attention as to why they are lying.

Bein a nurse, i hope the authorities have looked into who all has had right leg surgeries/injuries in the last few years in the area. It will be time consuming. I am aware of HIPPA laws but I am also aware of what goes on when bosses say "I don't wanna know what you are doing". The answer(s) may very well lie in area medical records i.e. Physical therapy records etc. Pharmacy records etc. Once they narrow down the perp list, could be helpful.

Interesting, because I see it as left knee injury.....or hip arthritis. I don't think this was a slim man & I don't think he is young. Moo

I agree. No sexual assault. Not exactly sure what the motive is, but I'm ruling out that it involved sexual assault.

I won't rule out that it happened until I hear it from LE. And I guess some sexual assaults don't involve the perp's leaving DNA. I doubt it was a major factor, but could have been attempted as an afterthought. jmo

This thread is for Missy. Please stay on topic.

Thanks!

The oldest daughter sometimes accompanied Missy to her camps. The campers had to be aware she had other daughters too. Small town kind of thing. I don't know why they wouldn't call 911 to have the police go to the home? Sometimes people don't call 911. I say that my first reaction would be to call 911 when finding a murdered friend/trainer, but I don't know. If I knew them on a personal level, I might think family could get there quicker. I'm not even sure there is not something bigger in the works here. This SWAT-wearing Church Killer has now confused the good guys from the bad in a very, very distorted way. It's very twisted to me.

Thanks. I should be better about notating my sources, but one interview I watched today, and I'm pretty sure it was with the husband but it might have been the one with the sister-in-law, said that the oldest daughter never accompanied Missy to her camps that early in the morning. The more I think about it, the more I think it was the interview with the husband.

In any case I can't see Missy dragging her daughter out of bed, or the daughter getting up voluntarily, that early on a school day.

I do remember the SIL saying that when Missy had classes that early, she would leave her daughters home to sleep, then go home from her class and wake them up to get ready for school.

It's all very twisted indeed.

I assume the church won't be open for services tomorrow? Is the crime scene tape still up? How does that even work? Clean up, repair and then essentially move on (the church and its members, not the people who mourn our victim) with normal schedule?

Mark Sievers took his 2 children back into the home where their mother was killed so I'm assuming the church will be repaired and cleaned then "normal" after it is no longer a crime scene?

Thank you, this just reminded me of something so can someone help me out?

In one of the first photos I saw of the crime scene, it was an aerial view of the porta coochie with what looked like a white van with doors open and crime scene tape attached to the open doors and roping it off. I thought at the time that that was Misty's vehicle.

But since then I've learned Misty's vehicle was a gray truck and I've seen other photos also with it under the porta coochie.

So what was the white van? Was that an LE vehicle?

Thanks. I should be better about notating my sources, but one interview I watched today, and I'm pretty sure it was with the husband but it might have been the one with the sister-in-law, said that the oldest daughter never accompanied Missy to her camps that early in the morning. The more I think about it, the more I think it was the interview with the husband.

In any case I can't see Missy dragging her daughter out of bed, or the daughter getting up voluntarily, that early on a school day.

I do remember the SIL saying that when Missy had classes that early, she would leave her daughters home to sleep, then go home from her class and wake them up to get ready for school.

It's all very twisted indeed.

SIL actually did say that one of the daughters would go to the early classes and that was one of her reasons for going over to the house was to see if the daughter was at the house, which it starts at about 1:18 in the middle video where she even says 'Thank God she was still in her bed':
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html

I have followed several cases on WS and have seen first hand the wisdom of the rules around here.
sometimes you can be sure you know who the bad guy is and it turn out not to be that person.
When you that happens I am so thankful for the rules. It would be very hurtful if we had discussed an innocent persons background and all of their skeletons.

I have read many posts over the years that say what I am trying to say much more eloquently.

I can't even decide if the SWAT person is a man or a woman so I definitely can't figure out the motive just yet. I lean away from this being a random crime, but you never know. I won't be shocked if it is. If the violent crime stats weren't so low in Midlothian, I would lean more towards a random murder. It might turn out to be some scenario that nobody here has even thought of yet.

I have followed several cases on WS and have seen first hand the wisdom of the rules around here.
sometimes you can be sure you know who the bad guy is and it turn out not to be that person.
When you that happens I am so thankful for the rules. It would be very hurtful if we had discussed an innocent persons background and all of their skeletons.

I have read many posts over the years that say what I am trying to say much more eloquently.
Mods, please don't smack me down for this. A great , shining example is Jenise Wright in Washington. She was found killed right near her home and immediately came out news that her dad had a prior arrest for some type of sex offender crime ( indencency ? maybe ) . People blew him up pointing the finger. It just had to be him, right? Well, it turned out to be a sick teenage boy from the neighborhood and in the midst of more sleuthing it turned out that the person accusing the dad in the older case had recanted after the fact. But for a good day or two, he was the sole target of everyone's wrath and he was truly and honestly grieving for his child . That is what ' victim friendly ' means. Imagine the salt on his wound.

Beesknees, it is like a horror movie. We want to yell at Missy, "DON'T GO IN THERE!!" But it's too late.

Yes, just that Gae! It is so but so awful to see that 'thing' wandering those corridors and be impotent to do anything as while that action is before Missy was

murdered, we are watching it AFTER!! Oh dear, it must be so unbearable for family and friends to watch that knowing it was it who finished their beloved

one's life :'( I wonder how the persons can cope after these tragedies.

Interesting, because I see it as left knee injury.....or hip arthritis. I don't think this was a slim man & I don't think he is young. Moo
I have seen others post left leg as well. I see that but more pronounced to me is external rotation of right leg, which may be result of weight or of the left leg issue. I don't think this gait is fake. If it is, it deserves the Oscar. I too think older. Not sure of man or woman. Was leaning female at first but now more towards male with some form of LE knowledge??? A very strange case.

That is an awesome auto-correct for porte cochere.

It wasn't an auto correct. I took Bill Carson's deliberate misspelling about a million posts ago a bit further.

I love words and language and playing with both.

Husband said his immediate thoughts were that he had to be strong/stoic for his daughters. But if you watch him at the vigil, he's a completely broken man.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/husband-of-woman-murdered-at-midlothian-church-speaks-out/143107339

Thanks for posting that. He really seems to be putting out a plea to find the killer. I think he speaks very well. He asks several times for people to review the video and report anything they can think of to the police. I think he's still in shock, which is very understandable.

.... I think we will hear more from the FBI and I would believe them.
I am not so certain that the perp in the video isn't an LE officer/SWAT and for that reason, I'll be watching FBI releases or statements...

Or an ex police officer, or the wife of a police officer or ex police officer. But someone with access to some 511 gear that would give at least a legit reason why the FBI, ATF, and Texas Rangers are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax