TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info came from LE presser:

Okay maybe I am misreading this, maybe not. It says the camp participant arrives at 4:3ish and the next line says they received two 911 calls at 5 am. It doesn't say anything about another participant arriving. So where did the second 911 call come from? I must be reading this wrong.

We have talked a lot about what we have seen in the two minutes or so of the video that the police have released. Supposedly, there is at least another 28 minutes of video that has not been released.

In the video we have seen, we have noted how the suspect seems so casual and has halfheartedly attempted to open the locked doors.

I agree jmo

But that is only two minutes. Two minutes.

If any others are like me, I have been kind of building a vision in my mind of the suspect acting like this for the whole 30 minutes of video. But that is an assumption I am making, and I realized it could be very false.

The suspect might have been very frenetic or much more active in the unreleased footage.

Yes..what a great point!

Right, but that still doesn't indicate how Camper #1's arrival was determined. It just states that Camper #1 arrived. Well, how is the time of arrival known?

Just curious about that detail.

Yes, but we don't know if that's because that's what the camper told LE or LE has independent verification of that not relying up their statement. LE has made a point of saying that the cameras outside don't work and there's been discussion on here whether or not the camper waited in their car or by the side entrance, which if it was the later could have provided independent verification but we don't know when the other campers begin to be seen on CCTV.

Isn't it possible that the feds are involved because of the apparent SWAT uniform that the perp was wearing, and the perceived need to clear local LE from suspicion?

And in a case such as this, there is no real way to clear all local LE until the actual killer is located and it is confirmed that s/he is not part of local LE?

Maybe not, but I remember watching Making a Murderer and since there was an ongoing lawsuit between the suspect and the county, the crime was investigated by the SO from the neighboring county.

Isn't it possible that the feds are involved because of the apparent SWAT uniform that the perp was wearing, and the perceived need to clear local LE from suspicion?

And in a case such as this, there is no real way to clear all local LE until the actual killer is located and it is confirmed that s/he is not part of local LE?

Maybe not, but I remember watching Making a Murderer and since there was an ongoing lawsuit between the suspect and the county, the crime was investigated by the SO from the neighboring county.

Wish I could thanks this 100 times.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

--snip--

Monday, April 18, 2016
3:50 a.m. — Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ.
4:16 a.m. — Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.
4:20 a.m. — Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building.
4:35 a.m. — Participant in Camp Gladiator arrives at location.
5:00 a.m. — First of two 911 calls received from location.
5:03 a.m. — Initial Patrol Officers dispatched along with EMS to the location.
5:10 a.m. — Officers arrive at the location.
Source: Midlothian Police Department

An extremely tight timeline to commit murder and escape without being caught on tape and no vehicle caught on camera either.
Still makes me wonder if they ever left the building?

We have talked a lot about what we have seen in the two minutes or so of the video that the police have released. Supposedly, there is at least another 28 minutes of video that has not been released.

In the video we have seen, we have noted how the suspect seems so casual and has halfheartedly attempted to open the locked doors.

But that is only two minutes. Two minutes.

If any others are like me, I have been kind of building a vision in my mind of the suspect acting like this for the whole 30 minutes of video. But that is an assumption I am making, and I realized it could be very false.

The suspect might have been very frenetic or much more active in the unreleased footage.

They have not released the majority of the video because they have the murder caught on it.

perp(s) knew her routine, knew when the other fitness campers usually arrived, perfect opportunity and location to get their revenge.

all the other actions of playing around and opening doors was planned to set the stage....and their actions have served their purpose which is the over analyzing.

Missy was targeted because ppl were jealous of her life and some kind of rejection happened. Either one expressing their love or some one who wanted to be just like Missy, who apparently looked liked she had it all.

I wouldn't be surprised if more than 1 perp was arrested.

This was not a teen pissed off about a mommy decision re not to see Missy's daughter or a brat who wanted to mess up a church.

The church was chosen because Missy would be alone

It was adults that went over the edge

Rant done.........

I wonder if they have cell tower pings for Camper #1 to rule them out from arriving before MB, being the perp. Or they also can rule out that #1 didn't follow MB to the location as a lookout. It would look very suspicious if the #1 cell phone was off till the "arrival" of 4:35 AM.

Yes, but we don't know if that's because that's what the camper told LE or LE has independent verification of that not relying up their statement. LE has made a point of saying that the cameras outside don't work and there's been discussion on here whether or not the camper waited in their car or by the side entrance, which if it was the later could have provided independent verification but we don't know when the other campers begin to be seen on CCTV.

Btw, reread it. It says camp participant. That doesn't mean a camper what if there was a second trainer and in the timeline it says one participant arrived prior to 5 am but shows 2 911 calls coming in at 5 am! Would the time line reflect when the. Other participants arrived? Prior to the phone call received?

Right, but that still doesn't indicate how Camper #1's arrival was determined. It just states that Camper #1 arrived. Well, how is the time of arrival known?

Just curious about that detail.

My assumption is the camper TOLD LE that. Assuming they will "clear" him/her (it's never been said what gender camper #1 was either other than Curious21 saying it was her mom's coworker (but did she say gender?? can't remember) with cell phone pings. I know when I'm supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, when I pull in I do look at the clock to see what time it is. So, it doesn't seem weird that camper pulled into lot, looked at clock and realized how early he/she was and that's how they know the time.

But........nothing has been verified that we know of.........hmmm.....

I also still find it strange the calls didn't come in until exactly 5AM. Surely people went in about 10 minutes early??

IDK, but there was a case in 2015, of a group of guys on Long Island impersonating plain clothes guys. they had realistic looking shields and very realistic ID. they did B & E stuff. far as I know it was investigated locally ( and solved too). so,

Okay maybe I am misreading this, maybe not. It says the camp participant arrives at 4:3ish and the next line says they received two 911 calls at 5 am. It doesn't say anything about another participant arriving. So where did the second 911 call come from? I must be reading this wrong.

Yes, following the LE timeline strictly would have one of the campers also being the perp as there are only two stated vehicle arrivals (Missy and early camper) without enough vehicles arriving for all the campers who called 911.

It's not just possible, its probable.
The FBI, ATF and US Marshals are involved because (either) the perp is LE or the perp stole LE equipment, which is a crime.

I cant believe they haven't arrested anyone yet

JMO and without knowing Finer Details it looked to me as though the perp in the vid was male, also was waiting for something.

Probably Missy.

All dolled up but that LIMP would stand out a mile to anyone who knew him especially fitness types as it would hamper his ability to exercise.

All JMO and First Impressions

FB post by Missy on the night before (17 April) and since removed - in relation to the venue:

"If it is raining we will have the class under cover of the awning." ... note this is paraphrased by me from memory.

This FB post by Missy was discussed early on in the threads; that the class was not to be held inside the building, and the consensus of opinion by WSers at the time, was that entry to the church would likely be for restroom access only. This was opinion.

Reports at the time were that Missy had been unloading the gear from her vehicle under the awning; access door to the building was open in photos after the event; body was found inside the building.

Nothing to link - sorry

FB post by Missy on the night before (17 April) and since removed - in relation to the venue:

"If it is raining we will have the class under cover of the awning." ... note this is paraphrased by me from memory.

This FB post by Missy was discussed early on in the threads; that the class was not to be held inside the building, and the consensus of opinion by WSers at the time, was that entry to the church would likely be for restroom access only. This was opinion.

Reports at the time were that Missy had been unloading the gear from her vehicle under the awning; access door to the building was open in photos after the event; body was found inside the building.

Nothing to link - sorry

it was said earlier that Missy was going to hold the class in the church, a last min decision because of the rain.....that was in the last thread i believe

he was waiting for her

no link jmo :(

He could have been a Stalker...not even known to Missy but she was sort of famous locally.

A lot of planning went into it but he couldn't plan around his gimpy leg. That's a hint to profilers, right there - apparently he's oblivious as to how he appears to others, is Smartest in Room.

Okay, I'm going to back up a little and say that the reason the Texas Rangers are involved is the possibility of LE involvement in the crime. In Texas, the Rangers are called in to investigate local wrongdoing, to prevent apparent conflicts of interest. Feds may or may not be involved for this reason.

There is an old legend about the Texas Rangers. From wikipedia---

A famous phrase associated with the Rangers is One Riot, One Ranger. It is somewhat apocryphal in that there was never actually a riot; rather, the phrase was coined by Ranger Captain William "Bill" McDonald, who was sent to Dallas in 1896 to prevent the illegal heavyweight prize fight between Pete Maher and Bob Fitzsimmons that had been organized by Dan Stuart and patronized by the eccentric "Hanging Judge" Roy Bean ofLangtry, Texas.[SUP][28][/SUP] According to the story, McDonald's train was met by the mayor, who asked the single Ranger where the other lawmen were. McDonald is said to have replied: "Hell! Ain't I enough? There's only one prize-fight!"

Yes, following the LE timeline strictly would have one of the campers also being the perp as there are only two stated vehicle arrivals (Missy and early camper) without enough vehicles arriving for all the campers who called 911.

IIRC, Camper #1 waited for others to arrive, and there were two others who entered the building with #1.

Is that how everyone else is seeing it: Camper #1 plus two more = 3 who entered the church and found Missy. Two of them called 911.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members