TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a setting to check for quoting more than one comment in a reply? My replies now only quote whomever I am immediately replying to unless I manually add the other quote(s) - which can make reply seem out of context. Ugh

I usually click “Reply With Quote” on the first post, and then copy the quoted text. Then I exit out of the reply window back to the thread. Then I click “Reply With Quote” on the second post, and then paste the quoted text from the last reply into that one, in what ever order I want it in. It works every time.

I haven't been able to follow in a couple of days. Please tell me if in fact the killer did indeed break all the windows on all the inside doors?

I don't know that we can say for sure. We only have the 2 minutes or so of video and not the entire thing. IMO, we don't see all of the vandalism that happened inside. I base this only on pictures that have been posted around the web of some of the damage (boarded up doors, screen seen in background of one photo with LE, etc).

I would love to be privy to what is on the rest of the footage. It would sure help us to at least have more to talk about, work out about this.

So LE has finally come out and said they believe this was a targeted attack.
I will have to change my way of looking at it as I have felt strongly that she walked in on something.

Is there a setting to check for quoting more than one comment in a reply? My replies now only quote whomever I am immediately replying to unless I manually add the other quote(s) - which can make reply seem out of context. Ugh

Right beside "Reply with Quote" there's an icon with quotes and a plus sign ("+)...Click that on however many posts you want to quote, and on the last one you choose, click Reply With Quote, and they'll all show up. :)

Muli quotes.PNG

LE stated the perp spent a lot time in the kitchen, I wonder if there was a window that allowed them to see when Missy drove up? Wish we could find the floor plan of the church

IMO, LE saying publicly, targeted attack, means they have absolute evidence of this
Something has brought them to this conclusion.I think they know the motive.
I think an arrest is not far away.

They also left a lot of evidence. Whereas a drive by shooting would have left no evidence. One hour of heavy manual labor busting down doors while being recorded by security cameras vs a 10 second drive by shooting leaving zero evidence. Does that really make sense?

How would you know that the drive by shooting with your license plate wasn't recorded? Also a drive by church shooting early in the morning would be strong evidence that the person you shot was targeted for some reason even without it being recorded.

Good Morning everyone. Let this be the day we have an arrest! Justice for Missy!

I believe that they may have a good idea by now as to which way this is going and they are holding their cards close to the vest.

JMO

LE stated the perp spent a lot time in the kitchen, I wonder if there was a window that allowed them to see when Missy drove up? Wish we could find the floor plan of the church

That makes sense. I've been wondering how the perp knew to be at the right place at the right time when Missy arrived, given that the perp was wandering around the building and not lying in wait. I was thinking the perp had an accomplice to send the alert when Missy arrived, but a window would do the trick.

I was assuming the perp was in the kitchen at the beginning, but s/he could've been in there at the end, watching.

jmopinion

That makes sense. I've been wondering how the perp knew to be at the right place at the right time when Missy arrived, given that the perp was wandering around the building and not lying in wait. I was thinking the perp had an accomplice to send the alert when Missy arrived, but a window would do the trick.

I was assuming the perp was in the kitchen at the beginning, but s/he could've been in there at the end, watching.

jmopinion

If the perp did see Missy through a kitchen window waiting for her arrival, wouldn't that be considered "lying in wait"?

Have a strong opinion but I think the kitchen must have been near the door that the perp broke into earlier. Would explain why glass was found near her body .......

Several churches I have been in, their kitchens are in the back of the building away from the main parking lot

Good Morning. I had a good long time to think on this at bedtime. If I was to pay someone to kill someone else, and I didn't want suspicion to ever come back my way I think I would say something like " You better make this look like a robbery interrupted. Wreck the church. Open everything. Scatter stuff. Oh and Shes strong and smart so figure out how to catch her by surprise. And one more thing, she gets there early to set up so make sure you've set the scene by such and such a time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the person who did it was doing it thinking it would please someone else if Missy was out of the way. That person is probably someone who complained about Missy in some way, and the killer thought they'd earn favor with the complainer if they made the "problem" disappear. The complainer may not have had any idea what the killer was planning, or may have been an active participant in the plans.

Hoping we find out soon.

I don't know that we can say for sure. We only have the 2 minutes or so of video and not the entire thing. IMO, we don't see all of the vandalism that happened inside. I base this only on pictures that have been posted around the web of some of the damage (boarded up doors, screen seen in background of one photo with LE, etc).

I would love to be privy to what is on the rest of the footage. It would sure help us to at least have more to talk about, work out about this.

Me too, I want to see the entire video. The first thing I would like to know, is this “vandalism” that’s being talked about really vandalism? Because what I have seen so far on the video is not vandalism, it’s forced entry. If I could see the suspect committing some random acts of vandalism, not connected with smashing door glass to gain entry, that would definitely sway my opinion away from this being a burglary gone wrong. But it still wouldn’t convince me that the suspect was targeting MB. I would need more evidence then that.

I don't know . . . maybe it's just the contrarian in me, and this flies in the face of what I've written earlier, but the more the police say Missy was targeted, the less I believe it. And I think it's because of this . . .

This suspect went through ALL the trouble of getting the right clothes--the helmet, the shin guards, the pants, etc. The suspect wanted to look like a cop as much as possible, even going to the extent to get a POLICE jacket. So, some thought went into the get-up. But . . . when the suspect decided on what to use for a weapon to kill Missy, the suspect picked a hammer? A . . . hammer?!

I guess what I'm saying is if the goal of breaking into the church was to murder Missy, a hammer seems like an odd choice. Yes, people are killed by hammers. But, if you're planning this murder out, which it seems the suspect conceivably did due to the clothes, isn't a knife a safer choice? And hey, it's Texas--isn't a gun easy to acquire?

Once again, yes, I know, a hammer can be deadly. But unless you really do hit somebody in the head, it's not lethal. Yes, the suspect may break some bones in an arm or leg. But there will be no organ damage and no blood will flow. Whereas, a knife is going to do much more damage no matter where it is stuck. And, that's the reason criminals use knives more than hammers to kill people. Why? When something is swung it's easier for a victim to block, than something that is thrusted. Think of fencing . . .

I realize the hammer may have been used to continue the ruse that it was a break-in, when really it was a planned murder. But, we have to remember the goal if Missy was targeted: murder. What's more important: the ruse or the murder? The murder.

The suspect could've brought both a hammer AND a knife. Or, a hammer AND a gun. The suspect could've done that because it wouldn't be unusual for a criminal to be carrying those weapons too.

But, from what we know, that hammer we see in the video was also the murder weapon. That's taking a big chance in my opinion--Missy could've conceivably grabbed the head of the hammer and yanked it from the suspect's hand. That could've been the difference between her dying and the suspect having to run off as she chased him.

Allow me to add one more somewhat ironic point to all this. In the end, this suspect's effort to make it look like a break-in hasn't worked. Because 95% of the people on here and the police believe that Missy was targeted. So, after all that . . . .the clothes, the knife, the walking down the halls, the slim jim, the broken windows . . . most people aren't fooled. Why? Because people don't believe in coincidences. Well, if the average person doesn't, why would the suspect be any different? Would the suspect not realize that despite all he/she is going through, that it will be a stretch for people to believe that a church was broken into and a woman was murdered at the same time? And would that not have factored into the preparation to kill Missy?

In the end, you could say: The more the suspect did to make it look like Missy wasn't targeted, the more the suspect has made it look like Missy WAS targeted.

Just something to think about.

I don't know . . . maybe it's just the contrarian in me, and this flies in the face of what I've written earlier, but the more the police say Missy was targeted, the less I believe it. And I think it's because of this . . .

This suspect went through ALL the trouble of getting the right clothes--the helmet, the shin guards, the pants, etc. The suspect wanted to look like a cop as much as possible, even going to the extent to get a POLICE jacket. So, some thought went into the get-up. But . . . when the suspect decided on what to use for a weapon to kill Missy, the suspect picked a hammer? A . . . hammer?!

I guess what I'm saying is if the goal of breaking into the church was to murder Missy, a hammer seems like an odd choice. Yes, people are killed by hammers. But, if you're planning this murder out, which it seems the suspect conceivably did due to the clothes, isn't a knife a safer choice? And hey, it's Texas--isn't a gun easy to acquire?

Once again, yes, I know, a hammer can be deadly. But unless you really do hit somebody in the head, it's not lethal. Yes, the suspect may break some bones in an arm or leg. But there will be no organ damage and no blood will flow. Whereas, a knife is going to do much more damage no matter where it is stuck. And, that's the reason criminals use knives more than hammers to kill people. Why? When something is swung it's easier for a victim to block, than something that is thrusted. Think of fencing . . .

I realize the hammer may have been used to continue the ruse that it was a break-in, when really it was a planned murder. But, we have to remember the goal if Missy was targeted: murder. What's more important: the ruse or the murder? The murder.

The suspect could've brought both a hammer AND a knife. Or, a hammer AND a gun. The suspect could've done that because it wouldn't be unusual for a criminal to be carrying those weapons too.

But, from what we know, that hammer we see in the video was also the murder weapon. That's taking a big chance in my opinion--Missy could've conceivably grabbed the head of the hammer and yanked it from the suspect's hand. That could've been the difference between her dying and the suspect having to run off as she chased him.

Allow me to add one more somewhat ironic point to all this. In the end, this suspect's effort to make it look like a break-in hasn't worked. Because 95% of the people on here and the police believe that Missy was targeted. So, after all that . . . .the clothes, the knife, the walking down the halls, the slim jim, the broken windows . . . most people aren't fooled. Why? Because people don't believe in coincidences. Well, if the average person doesn't, why would the suspect be any different? Would the suspect not realize that despite all he/she is going through, that it will be a stretch for people to believe that a church was broken into and a woman was murdered at the same time? And would that not have factored into the preparation to kill Missy?

In the end, you could say: The more the suspect did to make it look like Missy wasn't targeted, the more the suspect has made it look like Missy WAS targeted.

We don't know yet how Missy died or what weapon was used.

We know she suffered trauma and a head injury, and that's it. Just pointing that out.

And, from what someone posted above, hammer is not an unlikely choice for a female perp.

Everyone has their own opinion, of course. I happen to agree with LE that it looks like a targeted hit, but I understand that others don't.

JMOpinion.

They also left a lot of evidence. Whereas a drive by shooting would have left no evidence. One hour of heavy manual labor busting down doors while being recorded by security cameras vs a 10 second drive by shooting leaving zero evidence. Does that really make sense?

It does if it was staged. Or if the killer was told to make it look like a robbery/vandalism.

P

There have been several cases that the hammer was the murder weapon. The Tersea Sievers case is an example. She was hit 17 times on the head that proved fatal.

Not sure if the hammer in this case was the weapon , but hammer wounds can be fatal, especially on the head

It does if it was staged. Or if the killer was told to make it look like a robbery/vandalism.

Maybe it was a staged robbery, but from what I see on the video, it's more disdain and arrogance than a staged robbery. The perp really doesn't care how s/he is treating the building.

JMO

Yeah been reading different sites, I believe she was a target too. And I believe the murderer is a woman and not a man. Hope they catch this person soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member