TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was a staged robbery, but from what I see on the video, it's more disdain and arrogance than a staged robbery. The perp really doesn't care how s/he is treating the building.

JMO

Hence the vandalism aspect. And again, I was responding to someone asking why they'd do all that if it was a targeted murder, I'm not saying it was a staged robbery.

I can only find the one source for the targeted story.
Are there more?

I don't know . . . maybe it's just the contrarian in me, and this flies in the face of what I've written earlier, but the more the police say Missy was targeted, the less I believe it. And I think it's because of this . . .

This suspect went through ALL the trouble of getting the right clothes--the helmet, the shin guards, the pants, etc. The suspect wanted to look like a cop as much as possible, even going to the extent to get a POLICE jacket. So, some thought went into the get-up. But . . . when the suspect decided on what to use for a weapon to kill Missy, the suspect picked a hammer? A . . . hammer?!

I guess what I'm saying is if the goal of breaking into the church was to murder Missy, a hammer seems like an odd choice. Yes, people are killed by hammers. But, if you're planning this murder out, which it seems the suspect conceivably did due to the clothes, isn't a knife a safer choice? And hey, it's Texas--isn't a gun easy to acquire?

Once again, yes, I know, a hammer can be deadly. But unless you really do hit somebody in the head, it's not lethal. Yes, the suspect may break some bones in an arm or leg. But there will be no organ damage and no blood will flow. Whereas, a knife is going to do much more damage no matter where it is stuck. And, that's the reason criminals use knives more than hammers to kill people. Why? When something is swung it's easier for a victim to block, than something that is thrusted. Think of fencing . . .

I realize the hammer may have been used to continue the ruse that it was a break-in, when really it was a planned murder. But, we have to remember the goal if Missy was targeted: murder. What's more important: the ruse or the murder? The murder.

The suspect could've brought both a hammer AND a knife. Or, a hammer AND a gun. The suspect could've done that because it wouldn't be unusual for a criminal to be carrying those weapons too.

But, from what we know, that hammer we see in the video was also the murder weapon. That's taking a big chance in my opinion--Missy could've conceivably grabbed the head of the hammer and yanked it from the suspect's hand. That could've been the difference between her dying and the suspect having to run off as she chased him.

Allow me to add one more somewhat ironic point to all this. In the end, this suspect's effort to make it look like a break-in hasn't worked. Because 95% of the people on here and the police believe that Missy was targeted. So, after all that . . . .the clothes, the knife, the walking down the halls, the slim jim, the broken windows . . . most people aren't fooled. Why? Because people don't believe in coincidences. Well, if the average person doesn't, why would the suspect be any different? Would the suspect not realize that despite all he/she is going through, that it will be a stretch for people to believe that a church was broken into and a woman was murdered at the same time? And would that not have factored into the preparation to kill Missy?

In the end, you could say: The more the suspect did to make it look like Missy wasn't targeted, the more the suspect has made it look like Missy WAS targeted.

Just something to think about.

Those are good points. I do think she was targeted. But, i do not get why the perp didn't go the whole distance and in that twenty five-thirty minutes of waiting
didnt take one armload of stuff and at least pile it by the door to further the whole 'she walked in on a robbery' thing. All the detail to the outfit, etc, but no follow through on fake motive.
Also, if she was not shot, perp didn't want to risk ballistics on bullet and decided a few hammer whacks would do it? I read in the first thread or two someone brought up that she could have been shot and then bludgeoned to mask the use of gun and that could be, as well.
Jmo, but I do think this will turn out very strangely when we do find out the truth, whatever it is.
Poor woman, may she rip. :(

In my opinion, after watching the videos several times, it looks to me as if the killer was familiar with the church. I believe this is a member of the congregation and possibly someone who works at the church and spends a great deal of time there. This person has walked those halls many times before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only find the one source for the targeted story.
Are there more?

I haven't found any others yet, but I'll post any if I find them. I think the storms that came through that area are dominating the local news at the moment. Hopefully, there will be another update this week from LE or the media will ask LE for some more information on the status of the case.

Good Morning. I had a good long time to think on this at bedtime. If I was to pay someone to kill someone else, and I didn't want suspicion to ever come back my way I think I would say something like " You better make this look like a robbery interrupted. Wreck the church. Open everything. Scatter stuff. Oh and Shes strong and smart so figure out how to catch her by surprise. And one more thing, she gets there early to set up so make sure you've set the scene by such and such a time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But all that could have been accomplished in 10 seconds by killing her in the parking lot, and taking her purse to make it look like a robbery. It would be a lot better cover then this, and no video evidence. Rather then spending an hour vandalizing a church and leaving video evidence. Which is how a real hit man would do it. A real hit man would tell you are crazy if you asked him to vandalize a church building with video cameras.

I haven't found any others yet, but I'll post any if I find them. I think the storms that came through that area are dominating the local news at the moment. Hopefully, there will be another update this week from LE or the media will ask LE for some more information on the status of the case.

Thank you
this would be big news so i expect the major MSN would run with it

Hopefully the update will be that they arrested the person or persons they believe responsible

But all that could have been accomplished in 10 seconds by killing her in the parking lot, and taking her purse to make it look like a robbery. It would be a lot better cover then this, and no video evidence. Rather then spending an hour vandalizing a church and leaving video evidence. Which is how a real hit man would do it. A real hit man would tell you are crazy if you asked him to vandalize a church building with video cameras.

We get it, you think it's a robbery gone bad.

Can we all please have our opinions without being condescending and acting as though we are the only ones who are right? We should all be keeping and open mind, because quite honestly NONE of us know exactly what happened or why.

I don't know . . . maybe it's just the contrarian in me, and this flies in the face of what I've written earlier, but the more the police say Missy was targeted, the less I believe it. And I think it's because of this . . .

This suspect went through ALL the trouble of getting the right clothes--the helmet, the shin guards, the pants, etc. The suspect wanted to look like a cop as much as possible, even going to the extent to get a POLICE jacket. So, some thought went into the get-up. But . . . when the suspect decided on what to use for a weapon to kill Missy, the suspect picked a hammer? A . . . hammer?!

I guess what I'm saying is if the goal of breaking into the church was to murder Missy, a hammer seems like an odd choice. Yes, people are killed by hammers. But, if you're planning this murder out, which it seems the suspect conceivably did due to the clothes, isn't a knife a safer choice? And hey, it's Texas--isn't a gun easy to acquire?

Once again, yes, I know, a hammer can be deadly. But unless you really do hit somebody in the head, it's not lethal. Yes, the suspect may break some bones in an arm or leg. But there will be no organ damage and no blood will flow. Whereas, a knife is going to do much more damage no matter where it is stuck. And, that's the reason criminals use knives more than hammers to kill people. Why? When something is swung it's easier for a victim to block, than something that is thrusted. Think of fencing . . .

I realize the hammer may have been used to continue the ruse that it was a break-in, when really it was a planned murder. But, we have to remember the goal if Missy was targeted: murder. What's more important: the ruse or the murder? The murder.

The suspect could've brought both a hammer AND a knife. Or, a hammer AND a gun. The suspect could've done that because it wouldn't be unusual for a criminal to be carrying those weapons too.

But, from what we know, that hammer we see in the video was also the murder weapon. That's taking a big chance in my opinion--Missy could've conceivably grabbed the head of the hammer and yanked it from the suspect's hand. That could've been the difference between her dying and the suspect having to run off as she chased him.

Allow me to add one more somewhat ironic point to all this. In the end, this suspect's effort to make it look like a break-in hasn't worked. Because 95% of the people on here and the police believe that Missy was targeted. So, after all that . . . .the clothes, the knife, the walking down the halls, the slim jim, the broken windows . . . most people aren't fooled. Why? Because people don't believe in coincidences. Well, if the average person doesn't, why would the suspect be any different? Would the suspect not realize that despite all he/she is going through, that it will be a stretch for people to believe that a church was broken into and a woman was murdered at the same time? And would that not have factored into the preparation to kill Missy?

In the end, you could say: The more the suspect did to make it look like Missy wasn't targeted, the more the suspect has made it look like Missy WAS targeted.

Just something to think about.

Have you read Teresa Sievers' thread?

Hopefully the update will be that they arrested the person or persons they believe responsible

I certainly hope so, although I can't say I feel as optimistic as others that an arrest is imminent. But hopefully it is.

How would they know there would be no video evidence? You're placing omniscience into the killers mind that they had foreknowledge that the exterior cameras outside were not working.

Would a different branch of LE have access to police gear? Let's say like a firefighter? Everyone's thrown around the LE or someone close to LE's possible involvement but could it be someone with access but not actual LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe anyone who might have or had access either directly or indirectly is being looked at for at least.

So true, you make a very good point. Now I'm confused, again! :tantrum:

Just to reiterate, this info is from an anonymous source. Probably LE, but we don't know that for sure. It is NOT an official police statement.

Then again, what is a "real hit man"? Someone in the CIA? A hit in a case like this is far more more likely to be the idiot friend or relative of the person who wants her dead. And telling that person to make it look like a robbery is probably going to result in the weirdness we see in the clips that have been released.

The statement about Missy being targeted
It is not an official LE statement
The article states "a source"
It could be correct but it is not an official police statement with a name attached to it
Sources can be very right or a bit off base, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member