TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read Teresa Sievers' thread?

Don't mention that, people lose their minds if you bring up another case or victim. Trust me, I tried to state the obvious comparisons but got shot down fast.
Hammers kill people and "hits" aren't always like in the movies and if there were no cameras inside the church most people would probably think this was a robbery in progress. Some still do as seen above!

JMO!

Originally Posted by KaaBoom
But all that could have been accomplished in 10 seconds by killing her in the parking lot, and taking her purse to make it look like a robbery. It would be a lot better cover then this, and no video evidence. Rather then spending an hour vandalizing a church and leaving video evidence. Which is how a real hit man would do it. A real hit man would tell you are crazy if you asked him to vandalize a church building with video cameras.

I would agree that the suspect did not act like a seasoned hit man. And if you consider statistics, vandalism is an activity more often seen in immature suspects with a chip on their shoulder (most often younger males). It was this that made me start changing my initial theory to a younger male. Coupled with the considerable strength needed to single-handedly pry the handle off that side metal door and run for cover after the crime, I'd say this was actually someone pretty fit as well.

The statement about Missy being targeted
It is not an official LE statement
The article states "a source"
It could be correct but it is not an official police statement with a name attached to it
Sources can be very right or a bit off base, IMO

LE rarely gives official statements about where an investigation is leading them. When they do, the statements are often misinformation. Most of the time, unnamed LE sources are the best sources of information available to crime reporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE rarely gives official statements about where an investigation is leading them. When they do, the statements are often misinformation. Most of the time, unnamed LE sources are the best sources of information available to crime reporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but i always feel better when it comes from someone with a name

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542

According to above article, Missy worked out daily at the Anytime Fitness in Midlothian. She was also a personal trainer there. She could have known about drugs/steroids or something else going on, and she had to be killed.

Just a thought, and my opinion.
I was working out with my personal trainer today. He said I'd be suprised at how many trainers, body builders use steroids.

He also told me that many of them are in pain due to an injury or sore muscles and so they take pain pills as well.

Steroid and pain medication are bad news and if booze is mixed in....look out.

He also advised that many are quite functional on both.

He wondered too if this was someone that Missy was going to report for steroid use as well as pain medication. That would be an incentive to keep her quiet.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Don't mention that, people lose their minds if you bring up another case or victim. Trust me, I tried to state the obvious comparisons but got shot down fast.
Hammers kill people and "hits" aren't always like in the movies and if there were no cameras inside the church most people would probably think this was a robbery in progress. Some still do as seen above!

JMO!

I do sometime take the number of posts someone has into account :). I really do not (and I hope I'm right) think this scenario is the "same," but so many scenarios, including statements made about what people "should" be looking for (i.e. DNA under fingernails in Teresa's case and the gait in this one).

"Danny Defenbaugh, former FBI agent special agent in charge of the Dallas office, says the FBI’s software will help them prioritize tips and information as it comes in to make sure nothing falls through the cracks." http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542

So, that's what FBI is doing (and perhaps more). Sounds like great help to me!

Fred or Freda, you feeling nervous?

JMOpinion

That is a great help. You know they get 100's if not 1000's of tips that are essentially useless but they have to check them all at least a little bit. There are people who want to be 'involved' so badly , they will call a tipline and say they say a super shady fellow at the store and they just know he must be involved.

I'll be a source.
"A source confirms we don't know for sure what happened at the murder scene, why, how, or by whom."

:)

Those are good points. I do think she was targeted. But, i do not get why the perp didn't go the whole distance and in that twenty five-thirty minutes of waiting
didnt take one armload of stuff and at least pile it by the door to further the whole 'she walked in on a robbery' thing. All the detail to the outfit, etc, but no follow through on fake motive.
Also, if she was not shot, perp didn't want to risk ballistics on bullet and decided a few hammer whacks would do it? I read in the first thread or two someone brought up that she could have been shot and then bludgeoned to mask the use of gun and that could be, as well.
Jmo, but I do think this will turn out very strangely when we do find out the truth, whatever it is.
Poor woman, may she rip. :(

I think it is common not to take stuff if it's staged.......

So many cases on WS that is a prime example of this

Yeah, I guess criminals are stupid because why bother staging if you are not going to make it look real?If we see they took nothing, LE sees it immediately also
And, yes, I am aware that it happens over and over

I hear ya. Just seems so careless when no detail was left to chance on the getup and they had so much time to wander around but couldn't be bothered to take or pile up anything. Good thing criminals do dumb things like that though!

And, from what someone posted above, hammer is not an unlikely choice for a female perp..

I keep seeing this said. Can you give me a source? Because I can’t find one.

According to the FBI less then 700 people a year are murdered by blunt force. The numbers are almost the same for male and female offenders. So I would say that any blunt force item is a pretty unlikely murder weapon for male or female perps.

[URL="https://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/offenses_reported/violent_crime/murder.html#table2_10”]Murder - Crime in the United States[/URL]

We don't know yet how Missy died or what weapon was used.

We know she suffered trauma and a head injury, and that's it. Just pointing that out.

And, from what someone posted above, hammer is not an unlikely choice for a female perp.

Everyone has their own opinion, of course. I happen to agree with LE that it looks like a targeted hit, but I understand that others don't.

JMOpinion.

A gunshot would likely have been heard from the parking lot, hampering his get-away. With that tight timeline, the perp wouldn't risk using a gun, I think.

Yeah, I guess criminals are stupid because why bother staging if you are not going to make it look real?If we see they took nothing, LE sees it immediately also
And, yes, I am aware that it happens over and over

Perhaps the perp did take something but unfortunately we as sleuthers do not have that evidence at the moment.
This case is unique because there is two minutes or less of video coverage we are shown ....
Twists and turns might happen in this case

The statement about Missy being targeted
It is not an official LE statement
The article states "a source"
It could be correct but it is not an official police statement with a name attached to it
Sources can be very right or a bit off base, IMO

Although, journalistic sources tend to be long-time cultivated relationships with reliably connected people, so my personal tendency is to lean in that direction even if source is unnamed. 'Unnamed' sources don't equate to unreliable sources, in other words. JMO (and I've thought she was targeted from the beginning, so I started with a bias). :)

Perhaps the perp did take something but unfortunately we as sleuthers do not have that evidence at the moment.
This case is unique because there is two minutes or less of video coverage we are shown ....
Twists and turns might happen in this case

You might be right but I believe it has been stated that nothing was missing from the church, unless that has changed since the initial reports

I was working out with my personal trainer today. He said I'd be suprised at how many trainers, body builders use steroids.

He also told me that many of them are in pain due to an injury or sore muscles and so they take pain pills as well.

Steroid and pain medication are bad news and if booze is mixed in....look out.

He also advised that many are quite functional on both.

He wondered too if this was someone that Missy was going to report for steroid use as well as pain medication. That would be an incentive to keep her quiet.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Interesting possibility, although it's quite a leap from being an extreme physical fitness buff to murder.

It does if it was staged. Or if the killer was told to make it look like a robbery/vandalism.

No, it doesn’t make any sense, for any reason. They could have killed her in the parking lot and taken her purse to make it look like a robbery. They could have killed her while she was driving and made it look like a road rage incident. In a dark parking lot or on a highway at 4AM there would be no witnesses and no video evidence.

No, it doesn’t make any sense, for any reason. They could have killed her in the parking lot and taken her purse to make it look like a robbery. They could have killed her while she was driving and made it look like a road rage incident. In a dark parking lot or on a highway at 4AM there would be no witnesses and no video evidence.

[emoji58]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member