TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;725462108981186560]https://twitter.com/JocelynNBC5/status/725462108981186560[/video]

Jocelyn Lockwood ‏@JocelynNBC5 1h1 hour ago
Bevers family addresses search warrant/appearance of blood on clothes at dry cleaners - says blood is from dog fight

Is it just me or does the MIL''s letter to the killer seem odd? like she knows who did this???

because the way she addresses this person is just odd. jmo

[video=twitter;725462241554784256]https://twitter.com/JocelynNBC5/status/725462241554784256[/video]

Jocelyn Lockwood ‏@JocelynNBC5 1h1 hour ago
Family says dry cleaners calling police shows vigilance..

Can someone explain why it is a Womens XXL shirt brought in... when the mother-in-law said it was RB who broke up the dog fight? My first post on here, I'm so very interested in this case.

I'm a woman, and if my dog was killed in a dog fight, I'd be hysterical, and holding him on the way to the vet while someone else drove.

Is it just me or does the MIL''s letter to the killer seem odd? like she knows who did this???

because the way she addresses this person is just odd. jmo

I think she knows. I think they all know. Just my opinion.

Oh goodness small town chatter is a buzzing. He did this she did that holy smokes.

Sent from my iPhone

In the videos, maybe not. But then, it doesn't take extreme physical fitness to saunter around checking door knobs and breaking out glass with a pick hammer. Early on I thought perp was even a bit pudgy (and the flat-footed gait didn't help alter that impression). But the last video released, at the end, shows the side view of someone who looks slim underneath his gear. And the fact that he jimmied off the door handle of that metal door was no small feat.

Hubby does buildings all the time like this - once I showed him the photos (over the weekend) he told me a bunch of interesting info, including the height of the interior doors (70"), the type of hinge used on the fire doors, and how difficult it is to break fire doors down. The jimmied door was a hollowcore metal 'fire door' with a horizontal pressure bar on the inside. There is a pin that goes up inside the hollow core from the door's handle to the top of the door jamb, and that lock can only be released by the pin coming down from the jamb by:

1) interior pressure on the pressure bar (like people would exert in a panicky fire situation), or

2) taking off the handle and inserting something into the hollow core to pull down on the pin manually

Apparently our perp had difficulty getting the inside pressure bar to work after breaking the glass, since he also took off the handle.

View attachment 93005

View attachment 93004

View attachment 93000

The interior door in this vestibule had the same pressure bar design on the hallway side, and again, could be accessed by the perp by breaking the long pane of glass, then reaching inside to press in the pressure bar. It either worked this time (since the handle wasn't off) or that's when he gave up in frustration and bashed in the glass of the double doors. (I believe because of all the doors breached that our perp only LEFT by way of the broken window. I believe this because I read they have no (hallway) video of him exiting the building...but this is just a guess based on limited info.)

View attachment 92999

This is great information! Thank you so much for posting these. I really appreciate it because I somehow missed these photos too?! :blushing:

Someone in that community should organize a drive to get that reward money up to something more significant. Get businesses, churches, individuals, civic groups - to start donating to that reward fund.

Last I heard, they were talking about setting up some kind of foundation or something in Missy's name for special needs children. This is very close to my heart and I love this idea! However, I get the need for a higher reward too. It was VERY nice of Oak Farms to announce the $10K reward though. Still, I think Missy would have liked the plan her loved ones have to memorialize her.

Just got an alert on my phone from wfaa.com (the app). It says "Warrant: Police obtain blood shirt from Missy Bever's father-in-law's dry cleaner. However, source tells News 8, investigators do not believe the blood on the clothing is connected to Bevers' murder."

I'll go find a link. One second!

ETA: BBM above. And, the alert went to this link which I think has already been posted?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/source-bevers-family-says-bloodied-shirt-was-from-dog-fight/156468964

Well im glad the cleaners had the idea to notify the cops, Kudos to them, looks like everybody is doing what they can. I was thinking surely they didnt clean the victims cause cops should keep that to turn over to the DA for trial

I don't care what anyone says, this warrant info was released today for some reason. LE is putting pressure on "someone".

We just don't know who that is yet. :angel:

I need to Zzzz.

IMO this man murderer doesn't have any sort of long criminal history & police definitely have no dna or prints of him imo.

I thought husband seemed very composed as he talked - I couldn't imagine how except that I think it is his powerful & loyal faith & trust in God.

And I think hubby just immediately thought everyone in the community liked his wife & she was a plain old good person.

I REALLY LIKE THAT POST ABOUT THE DOG BLOOD a few posts up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES, as I think this murder through, I feel it's an angry ex LE man. I would think the local police are just burned up that this killer is getting away with murder now. MAKES SENSE that the profilers would put out the dog blood to get the real murderer to 'loosen up' now & think that police are misled & focused on the Bevers male side of the fam' !!!

IMO police would be hoping the murderer (they know exactly who it is...) would slip up &, say, post something mocking of LE on his FB. (But IMO he won't - see, I literally just read the Eric Wms. arrest warrant & this killer IMO VERY MUCH LEARNED FROM ERIC WMS. !!!!!!!!!!!! IMO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMO This killer is surely real tense due to his one FunnyFoot but isn't it Day 9 to 10 now so IMO the murderer's gotta sleep & IMO he does like his beers, so IMO my guess is the murderer's loosening up (esp. from his daily alcohol use) & starting to run with the idea that 'oh, hey, so what if I've got one FunnyFoot - those dopes can't do a thing with only that to go on' & this man is feeling swelled in pride of himself (euw...).

Note: IMO this man is not alcoholic but uses his beers more like nightly benzo's, to relax, wind down, you know, after he's polished his truck & motorcyle.

Nite zzzz NOW I'M WONDERING HOW IN THE WORLD THE POLICE WILL CATCH THIS KILLER !! I read that Eric Wms. voluntarily spoke with police at 1st (when they came a knockin') & even let them walk through his home. IMO this killer easily could do the same - the old 'hey I've got nothin' to hide' trick.

But this case unlike Eric Wms., Holy Moly: IMO this killer has told NO ONE & HE NEVER WILL !!!!!!! Oh my goodness, how in the world will the police ever be able to arrest this man I know not.

About MILaw's letter: Because of all the trouble I have trying to ck. my SourceCode, which is WSl, I've never read the grandmother's letter to the murderer - ty for the tip - I'll ck. that out tomorrow morning.

I've typed myself into feeling sure this killer is going to get away with this !!

I just want to take a moment to welcome all the newbies to Websleuths! Thanks so much for joining us!

To the 92 guests reading: Please join in the conversation. We would love to hear your thoughts on this case. :)

:welcome2::welcome3:

Oh goodness small town chatter is a buzzing. He did this she did that holy smokes.

Sent from my iPhone

It's heartbreaking that the fellow townsfolk are so quick to place blame on the family. I hope they can shield the daughters from the gossip.

I just want to take a moment to welcome all the newbies to Websleuths! Thanks so much for joining us!

To the 92 guests reading: Please join in the conversation. We would love to hear your thoughts on this case. :)

:welcome2::welcome3:
f

Thank you very much, JLSChook and fellow websleuthers! I am sorry - think I keep messing up the "reply with quotes". I am a new iPad user ☺️

It's heartbreaking that the fellow townsfolk are so quick to place blame on the family. I hope they can shield the daughters from the gossip.

Me too. He should take them on a long vacation

In the videos, maybe not. But then, it doesn't take extreme physical fitness to saunter around checking door knobs and breaking out glass with a pick hammer. Early on I thought perp was even a bit pudgy (and the flat-footed gait didn't help alter that impression). But the last video released, at the end, shows the side view of someone who looks slim underneath his gear. And the fact that he jimmied off the door handle of that metal door was no small feat.

Hubby does buildings all the time like this - once I showed him the photos (over the weekend) he told me a bunch of interesting info, including the height of the interior doors (70"), the type of hinge used on the fire doors, and how difficult it is to break fire doors down. The jimmied door was a hollowcore metal 'fire door' with a horizontal pressure bar on the inside. There is a pin that goes up inside the hollow core from the door's handle to the top of the door jamb, and that lock can only be released by the pin coming down from the jamb by:

1) interior pressure on the pressure bar (like people would exert in a panicky fire situation), or

2) taking off the handle and inserting something into the hollow core to pull down on the pin manually

Apparently our perp had difficulty getting the inside pressure bar to work after breaking the glass, since he also took off the handle.

View attachment 93005

View attachment 93004

View attachment 93000

The interior door in this vestibule had the same pressure bar design on the hallway side, and again, could be accessed by the perp by breaking the long pane of glass, then reaching inside to press in the pressure bar. It either worked this time (since the handle wasn't off) or that's when he gave up in frustration and bashed in the glass of the double doors. (I believe because of all the doors breached that our perp only LEFT by way of the broken window. I believe this because I read they have no (hallway) video of him exiting the building...but this is just a guess based on limited info.)

View attachment 92999

Giving this some more thought, looking at the photos, it may be due to the fact that our perp is 5'7" to 5'9" that he couldn't get the pressure bars to open the door for him, even after breaking the glass. That skinny window is just high enough on the door that he may have had trouble getting his arm in far enough - he would have to get his whole shoulder in in order for his arm to be positioned correctly to even attempt to press on that pressure bar. And even then, he has to have more than just his fingertips there to exert the needed pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3