TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the videos, maybe not. But then, it doesn't take extreme physical fitness to saunter around checking door knobs and breaking out glass with a pick hammer. Early on I thought perp was even a bit pudgy (and the flat-footed gait didn't help alter that impression). But the last video released, at the end, shows the side view of someone who looks slim underneath his gear. And the fact that he jimmied off the door handle of that metal door was no small feat.

Hubby does buildings all the time like this - once I showed him the photos (over the weekend) he told me a bunch of interesting info, including the height of the interior doors (70"), the type of hinge used on the fire doors, and how difficult it is to break fire doors down. The jimmied door was a hollowcore metal 'fire door' with a horizontal pressure bar on the inside. There is a pin that goes up inside the hollow core from the door's handle to the top of the door jamb, and that lock can only be released by the pin coming down from the jamb by:

1) interior pressure on the pressure bar (like people would exert in a panicky fire situation), or

2) taking off the handle and inserting something into the hollow core to pull down on the pin manually

Apparently our perp had difficulty getting the inside pressure bar to work after breaking the glass, since he also took off the handle.

View attachment 93005

View attachment 93004

View attachment 93000

The interior door in this vestibule had the same pressure bar design on the hallway side, and again, could be accessed by the perp by breaking the long pane of glass, then reaching inside to press in the pressure bar. It either worked this time (since the handle wasn't off) or that's when he gave up in frustration and bashed in the glass of the double doors. (I believe because of all the doors breached that our perp only LEFT by way of the broken window. I believe this because I read they have no (hallway) video of him exiting the building...but this is just a guess based on limited info.)

View attachment 92999

Well, after seeing all that damage the perp did regarding the doors and locks, I agree with MINNESOTA MARY that this is person is very, very angry. Who goes to all that trouble to break into a building and doesn't take anything (that we know of)???? Nice job on the pics PoirotryInMotion!!

Quoting myself. I know, it's lame...

I am a bit intrigued, however, that LE made that huge statement today trying to stop "rumors" and now this comes out. :thinking:

I believe a "source" gave shirt info... And DMN crime log says "family" told them bloodstain was related to a dogfight

Speaking of the reward - why is it so low, and posted by only one business in the area? Shouldn't other businesses, individuals, entities be adding to that reward?
Idk. Maybe hubby didn't have a humongous policy. But I would love to know how much as well

Well, after seeing all that damage the perp did regarding the doors and locks, I agree with MINNESOTA MARY that this is person is very, very angry. Who goes to all that trouble to break into a building and doesn't take anything (that we know of)???? Nice job on the pics PoirotryInMotion!!

Thanks, Bootsctr - and I totally agree, very angry and/or very desperate.

Someone in that community should organize a drive to get that reward money up to something more significant. Get businesses, churches, individuals, civic groups - to start donating to that reward fund.

Yes, Gae, I think increasing the reward would be a good thing to do. It's funny, how $$$ makes people talk. :saythat:

Quoting myself. I know, it's lame...

I am a bit intrigued, however, that LE made that huge statement today trying to stop "rumors" and now this comes out. :thinking:

In my opinion. I think that LE is trying to throw off the perp maybe to give the impression that they are looking very hard at the family. When maybe they're actually looking at someone else. Just my opinion

In my opinion. I think that LE is trying to throw off the perp maybe to give the impression that they are looking very hard at the family. When maybe they're actually looking at someone else. Just my opinion

I totally agree with you.

I hope they are certain because they have evidence to back that up and aren't just using their gut feelings or are basing it on other cases.

Here is why I say this. I remember another Texas murder case and the victim was named Sara Walker. A beautiful young woman who was found dead in a model home she was showing. She was a real estate agent and there alone. For over two months the police told the community that she was specifically targeted implying the killer was someone she knew. Of course they immediately questioned her ex-husband and he told them they had remained close friends after the divorce. Most of SM believed he was the one who had murdered her especially based on the words LE had put out to the public.

What they didn't tell the public though is they had found a bloody fingerprint on the exit door. The results came back in over two months later and the motive was to rob her then leave no witness behind. LE knew all long that things were taken from her purse but never disclosed that to the media. I suppose in that case they also thought that part was staged. It was a brutal overkill. He not only stabbed her repeatedly but he bludgeoned her in the head also with some type of hard object. The suspect turned out to be a total stranger who was an ex-con on the run from another state which I believe he was from Ohio. He knew she was alone so he took advantage of that opportunity.

Now this case could be and probably is totally different than Sarah's case but it does give me pause because the very same thing was said in Sara's case.

The only way LE would know for sure she was personally targeted to be murdered and the robbery was staged is if they have the evidence in hand that proves that to be the case and it seems if they have proof of that they would have a suspect arrested by now.

I do tend to believe she was targeted but I still want to know what proof LE has that she was and the robbery was just staged. So that must mean things were taken from the church if they believe the robbery was staged. I wonder what was taken.

JMO though

Zero crime scene details have been released, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MesquiteO21, I've been feeling the same way. What I find interesting is the man's statements he made which were quite contradictory.

Reporter: “She posted on her FB that she was gonna be there, ... “
Husband: “Times and schedules are pre-determined, it definitely sets up an opportunity for the unknown to happen.”
-and shortly thereafter-
Reporter: “So you don’t think she was targeted?"
Husband: “It’s strictly my opinion, I don’t think she was targeted.”

Now, I'm not accusing anyone either, but the above conversation actually happened, that is a fact. It is in the public record. And I have a problem with his statements.

When I first saw this interview, I too thought it was odd that he would say that it was not a targeted hit so early in the investigation... I don't think I would speculate on anything at that point.

[video=twitter;725465100488941568]https://twitter.com/NBCDFW/status/725465100488941568[/video]

Can someone explain why it is a Womens XXL shirt brought in... when the mother-in-law said it was RB who broke up the dog fight? My first post on here, I'm so very interested in this case.

Someone in that community should organize a drive to get that reward money up to something more significant. Get businesses, churches, individuals, civic groups - to start donating to that reward fund.

JMHO, from other cases I have followed (in media and around) they usually don't add a lot of $$ at beginning and if so its by private or maybe Crimestoppers type. I believe the reward of $10k is from a Dairy of some sort. One reason, I believe this is, is so that not to put all resources up at one time. As time goes along with no info they can add to it. I believe the family has set up memorial account set up for donations going for the children of Missy. JMHO I think most friends and individuals would put their donations there.

I wonder if there was any vandalism along the lines of spray paint(pentagrams etc) anywhere, that we haven't seen. Kept from us as a clue. I wonder how victim was layed out, face up or down, and what first on scene(campers) did or didn't do(CPR etc). If they found her unresponsive, did they just call 911 or did they attempt to check her more thoroughly. I am a nurse so I would have checked her, but I understand lay people not wanting too or not having any CPR training etc. Also, if a person knows the victim, it can freak you out into non-action. I can work on a stranger all day, but family makes me nervous.

Can someone explain why it is a Womens XXL shirt brought in... when the mother-in-law said it was RB who broke up the dog fight? My first post on here, I'm so very interested in this case.

:welcome:

Perhaps, but I also believe it's been stated he's gone on this trip for the last few years.

The way I took it was that it is an annual fishing trip, but every year it's held at different locations & this years destination was actually what may have been the actual bucket list item. I could be wrong but after hearing it was a chartered boat type of fishing trip this is where my thoughts went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member