TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The radio silence is deafening. For people in the area...are you hearing anything as far as impatience in movement or information release about the case? I don't care if they say residents shouldn't be concerned, I sure would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hearing that people are anxious and worried but at the same time understand that the LE and those involved are being diligent and not being hasty.

I am hearing that people are anxious and worried but at the same time understand that the LE and those involved are being diligent and not being hasty.
Exactly. I'm proud of our PD and I'm sure they are doing all of the right things and taking every precaution to catch this bad guy properly. Please let that be sooner rather than later, though!

Thanks Jharlin and Stella. I agree, hopefully for everyone's sake it sooner then later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I'm proud of our PD and I'm sure they are doing all of the right things and taking every precaution to catch this bad guy properly. Please let that be sooner rather than later, though!

I'm a resident, and I think some are on the edge, naturally worried, but some of us, including myself, family/friends still feel safe and still go on with our everyday life/events here in Midlothian. Maybe because my family has been here for decades and decades lol and we've never felt threatened or haven't had any bad/high crime rate. Midlothian PD is great, and we don't feel that there's a "serial killer" on the loose....hopefully not! and hopefully caught soon...

Does anyone have the link handy to the article that has the SS of the FB post from Sunday night from MB?

Something to throw out there is that perhaps the ATF and US Marshals are involved because Missy had a firearm or they were both armed with a firearm. Missy could have shot at the perp without being able to stop them if they are wearing a bulletproof vest and the perp could have used their tools on her to overtake her and then her gun and if there was a struggle involving a chase, then gun could have been fired throughout the building and even outside.

Gosh I hope so, Krig. Despite all that footage I just can't believe we still don't even know if the killer is male or female. Mad!

In reply to your post at the end of the last thread, welcome to Yorkshire/Texas time !! :D

2am though? You gotta work on that cags, that's only 8pm TT :p

And marking my spot. Hoping to hear of an arrest soon!

I'm a resident, and I think some are on the edge, naturally worried, but some of us, including myself, family/friends still feel safe and still go on with our everyday life/events here in Midlothian. Maybe because my family has been here for decades and decades lol and we've never felt threatened or haven't had any bad/high crime rate. Midlothian PD is great, and we don't feel that there's a "serial killer" on the loose....hopefully not! and hopefully caught soon...

Agreed!

It's been over a week now. Time flies. i have to admit that a part of me thought the suspect would've been caught by now.

Eddy, So did I. I'm hoping LE has some DNA they're waiting on. Am also beginning to wonder if this killer(s) is way slicker than I thought...and so many agencies involved ; something seems really off here, but jmo.

Seems these days LE will say anything to avoid a community going into panic mode. I have followed many cases where LE said ' there is no reason for the public to worry' . Then they find out some loose cannon right in the community, living close by is the perp. So all I can gather is that LE's role has shifted from not just finding the bad guys but also keeping calm in the community. I do not believe this is a random attack. I do not believe the people of Midlothian are at risk. But I do think hearing LE say that doesn't mean much. My :twocents:

Cover me cagney, I'm sorry, I just saw your reply on previous page. Idk what most people are thinking in town, but of people I know plenty think the law does know who it is and are waiting, building up the case. . I'm hoping that is what's up, but just have a feeling -perhaps because of the recent silence and that its been over a week now, that LE just doesn't have solid lead yet.
I didn't know MB at all, but we have some mutual fb friends so I have seen her name before. So yes, I would think that most people around knew her or knew people that knew her.
Idk how to word this, but like JHarlin and Curiouser21, I still feel very safe here. The only reason it happened in our town is because of the opportunity at that church so early in morning. She was a red oak resident, maybe perp was too? So, rational or not rational, maybe that makes me feel a little safer. Regardless of what I said earlier about our communities being close and I do plenty of things in other surrounding towns.

Regarding the post in the previous thread about LE presence at outdoor workouts this week, I'm wondering if they are watching the campers, putting some pressure on people to come forward with info?

JMO

Eddy, So did I. I'm hoping LE has some DNA they're waiting on. Am also beginning to wonder if this killer(s) is way slicker than I thought...and so many agencies involved ; something seems really off here, but jmo.

Yeah, I'm waiting for some twist like that she was killed elsewhere and moved or that the perp did find the interior camera digital equipment and destroyed it, but this video was obtained from the cloud backup.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-trainer-missy-bevers-killing-continues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

This is to answer the question on the previous thread if the campers brought their own equipment. It says if you have been using the same weight for the last 2 camps it's time to Go Up. I guess that still doesn't clarify if they brought the weights or if she did.

I'm curious if anyone knows how tall Missy was?

ETA: Did that mean she was teaching the 9:00 class as well or just the 5:00 class? I remember somewhere there was a post of the teachers and the classes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-trainer-missy-bevers-killing-continues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

This is to answer the question on the previous thread if the campers brought their own equipment. It says if you have been using the same weight for the last 2 camps it's time to Go Up. I guess that still doesn't clarify if they brought the weights or if she did.

I'm curious if anyone knows how tall Missy was?

ETA: Did that mean she was teaching the 9:00 class as well or just the 5:00 class? I remember somewhere there was a post of the teachers and the classes.

I know for a fact that she had weights available if you needed to borrow hers.

Have LE done any random roadblocks during the time frame that this happened ? People are creatures of habit taking exact same routes on a daily basis.

We had a case here in Ontario where the police did that. While an officer talked to the driver another one was checking out the tires because they had a unique partial tire print at the scene. And the perp did go through their roadside check. It was Colonel Russell Williams for those interested.

Others here have mentioned all the LE agency's involved in Missy's case. Perhaps it is something similar to the Williams case. A perp so unexpected and unbelievable they need the best of LE to analyze everything.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ce-to-williams/article4329767/?service=mobile

There would also be trucks doing the exact same route everyday to industrial areas. Most fast foods and restaurants get their deliveries throughout the night.

Perhaps someone had a dash cam and unknowingly caught something on it, like a random vehicle on the shoulder of the road appearing as if it was broke down. Or a vehicle that doesn't seem unusual being parked. An example : if i see a power truck parked during or just after a bad storm i just assume a power outage. I have a dash cam in my truck that has night vision as well. You would be surprised at the things I see during the night . Anyway just my thoughts and moo.

Cover me cagney, I'm sorry, I just saw your reply on previous page. Idk what most people are thinking in town, but of people I know plenty think the law does know who it is and are waiting, building up the case. . I'm hoping that is what's up, but just have a feeling -perhaps because of the recent silence and that its been over a week now, that LE just doesn't have solid lead yet.
I didn't know MB at all, but we have some mutual fb friends so I have seen her name before. So yes, I would think that most people around knew her or knew people that knew her.
Idk how to word this, but like JHarlin and Curiouser21, I still feel very safe here. The only reason it happened in our town is because of the opportunity at that church so early in morning. She was a red oak resident, maybe perp was too? So, rational or not rational, maybe that makes me feel a little safer. Regardless of what I said earlier about our communities being close and I do plenty of things in other surrounding towns.

Welcome, Stella! Re the LE silence...another alternative is that they may have one or more solid leads but are tracking and fact-finding right now and awaiting lab or other test results. I'm hopeful and optimistic this will be solved soon (though it already feels like forever).

Have LE done any random roadblocks during the time frame that this happened ? People are creatures of habit taking exact same routes on a daily basis.

We had a case here in Ontario where the police did that.

It would be quite illegal for the cops to do that in the United States.

When and under what circumstances will the authorities release the 9-1-1 tapes? I'm surprised that hasn't been done yet. Am I being unreasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double