TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone close to the killer noticed a change in him or her before or after the murder? Edgy, quiet, secretive, self-satisfied? I know it happens, but how do you just carry on as usual after killing someone?

I don't think any non-deviant person could carry on as usual, but then they wouldn't plan and carry out something like this in the first place, either, IMO. This case is perhaps extra disturbing because we "know" more than nothing (the videos), but not enough to really know anything at all.

I wonder if anyone close to the killer noticed a change in him or her before or after the murder? Edgy, quiet, secretive, self-satisfied? I know it happens, but how do you just carry on as usual after killing someone?

Self satisfied sounds about right to me. For some reason, I picture this perp on cloud nine right now thinking they have outsmarted everyone as well as eliminated their arch nemesis. I feel they are full of pride and probably in an extra, extra good mood.

Hello Websleuths! Hope I post this properly. Very saddened for Missy and have been following. I agree with above quote. What is coming to mind is the NFL football player who had his girlfriend killed via car/drive by. She lived long enough to give the story so NFL player goes to jail. Also Selena who was shot by fan club manager was able to get to lobby and name her killer. Sadly I think (IMO) getting Missy inside was to make sure this didn't happen. What if camper pulled up while this in process? What if drive by and she survived it? She was strong and a fighter. Who knows if it went on while camper had arrived in car? IMO only the staging was to lure Missy in asap. Something like ma'am come quickly, there's an armed robber on the property. Come inside for your safety. That way he/she has reason to get her in there....instead of waiting to see if/when she comes inside. IMO only.

:welcome: to Websleuths, Snoop!

Road rage shootings are not by definition targeted killings. Most of them are random spur of the moment shootings. Often triggered by a motorist who cuts the perpetrator off or impedes their driving in some way. Road rage shooting are rare, and they do make news. But not as much news as a lunatic in a SWAT costume breaking into a church and killing someone.

Name me one road rage shooting that wasn't done out of anger at an actual or perceived slight by someone else with the shooting done as revenge to the person they see as having wronged them in some way. You are raging at someone in particular you think did you wrong, which you in fact in your post give a specific motive to target a specific person because they cut off or impeded their driving. Killing people for wrongs or perceived wrongs done by them is a very common murder motive regardless of the location of the killing.

Have you every driven anywhere at 4 AM? For the most part there is only one car on the road at that time, yours. With very few exceptions (Las Vegas, New York, etc.) even in urban cores there are few cars on the roads at 4 AM.

Seeing how we know for a fact there was multiple people on the road at around that time just for teaching and attending the various CG Midlothian early morning class locations we know there was multiple people on the road just for this single business in the area which tells me it would be a huge gamble to assume nobody would be on the road just knowing about the activities of a single business there.

A gunshot would likely have been heard from the parking lot, hampering his get-away. With that tight timeline, the perp wouldn't risk using a gun, I think.

It was pour rain at four am massive thunderstorms. FHN

It's possible that if someone was in the area they would not have given it a second thought just dismissed it IF she has been shot. IMO

It is also possible that the sound was muffled by an object or a muzzle IF she had been shot. IMO

My earlier post was not stated clearly, I was referencing the staging done in both. I was not implying of do I think family is involved. I have stated that in many threads.

Understood. For me, the timing and the staging are very questionable. I looked at the Google Earth images and I still can't figure out how the perp got away. There is one way in and one way out of the parking lot (which is very large) and even though the main road is most likely very dark at that time of morning, if camper #1 and maybe #2 were there, they would have noticed someone leaving?

JMO

ETA: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.445953,-96.9247135,3a,15y,21.36h,87.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjK-O4KXGkc8fz4YLqQc78A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

An actor will place a pebble in their shoe if they want to remember to limp in the style of the character they're playing. Perhaps it's organic, perhaps the person is a good actor.

An actor, very interesting. I know we have an ex police officer who was also an actor living in Milo. FHK

How would the killer know Missy would arrive alone? It's entirely possible she could have gotten a call that morning from someone needing a ride.

Then what?

gliving, I think that is a very important question and lends credence to the idea that more than one person was involved.

I don’t completely agree that he didn’t seem to be in a big rush. He wasn’t running, but he kept moving along at a good pace, like he was busy with something.

Alright KaaBoom....I'll give you that. Busy staging the scene to look like vandalism or a robbery, though right? :angel2:

;)

Self satisfied sounds about right to me. For some reason, I picture this perp on cloud nine right now thinking they have outsmarted everyone as well as eliminated their arch nemesis. I feel they are full of pride and probably in an extra, extra good mood.

Yes, I picture this too. And it bothers me SO much!! :mad:

Lets say Missy showed up with a passenger.
What do you think would have happened?
Perp was already inside and had broken door handles etc.

Understood. For me, the timing and the staging are very questionable. I looked at the Google Earth images and I still can't figure out how the perp got away. There is one way in and one way out of the parking lot (which is very large) and even though the main road is most likely very dark at that time of morning, if camper #1 and maybe #2 were there, they would have noticed someone leaving?

JMO

ETA: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.445953,-96.9247135,3a,15y,21.36h,87.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjK-O4KXGkc8fz4YLqQc78A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

I think it was two ppl. A couple . I also tend to think a motorcycle was used but according to LE they saw an image of a car in the parking lot but couldn't make out the make of the vehicle unless they were talking about Missy's car and was trying to throw off any speculation ......

JMO

ETA: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.445...8fz4YLqQc78A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

For me, too, it's a big question; how did the perp get away? Having such a clear-cut and documented timeline in this case has only generated more speculation. One idea is the perp stayed on site and stored the gear in a bag. Wouldn't a crime scene such as this be shut down, people talked to, and items checked? I understand perhaps people could refuse (I think they could refuse, with no warrant? Or is that superseded when on the site of a crime?), but wouldn't that cast suspicion? I can't imagine a murder scene, especially one like this, where the people there were just chatted with, and then left to their own devices and sent on their respective ways.

And on the driving out, I agree and can't figure that one, either....according to the timeline, at least one camper was already there. And they didn't notice a car leaving? Which all makes me wonder just how much is being kept from MSM. Which, kudos, if things like this need to be kept under wraps to get this perp caught, do it.

I think it was two ppl. A couple . I also tend to think a motorcycle was used but according to LE they saw an image of a car in the parking lot but couldn't make out the make of the vehicle unless they were talking about Missy's car and was trying to throw off any speculation ......

I doubt it.
Whether the car mentioned was involved or not is another thing

Two people... both there?
Or involved in the planning?

Military training. Kill or be killed.

Lets say Missy showed up with a passenger.
What do you think would have happened?
Perp was already inside and had broken door handles etc.

That's a good question. I think Missy and the passenger both would have been killed. I think that would be true whether Missy was targeted or interrupted a robbery, vandalism, etc. Possibly, either Missy and/or her passenger could have escaped or disarmed/incapacitated the perp, but it's hard to say.

So, this is the first time I've looked at the google earth image. I CAN see how early camper would have parked on side under awning area and not see a car drive out. If you are on that side of the church, you may not fully see the drive, especially if perp had lights off and it was pouring rain and they were looking at their phone not really paying attention.

But then I still question why early camper didn't see MB's dome light on in her truck for 30 minutes with no activity and not think, that's weird....and maybe they did but I wouldn't think murder either if that was happening.

And on the timeline...if perp killed MB let's say 4:26 (within 10 minutes after she arrived), they could still have time to get away before camper #1 came. But if camper parked, we have to remember the first call didn't come in until 5AM. That gave perp PLENTY of time to get away. But...only if no one else pulled into the driveway between 4:35AM and let's say 4:50AM....that's a huge risk perp was willing to take with only one way in and out.

My other thought was they had a 4wheeler parked behind church and a truck parked elsewhere. They could easily ATV to truck, pull ATV in back and drive away. A dirt bike would be the same. Google Earth doesn't make it look like there is really a lot of dirt trails to choose from and IF perp is female...this would surprise me. I'm very outdoorsy and could load an ATV, etc, but it's a lot of work I would rather leave up to hubby.

I'm still going with the "they didn't leave" theory....mainly because it was pouring rain. That adds a lot of hard to deal with factors into the getaway, muddddyyyyy being one of them.

I soooo hope they catch the person soon. The calmness they portrayed just scares the s**** out of me. But, we should also remember, what makes sense to us will NOT make sense to them. They are flat out crazyyyyyyy.

I doubt it.
Whether the car mentioned was involved or not is another thing

Two people... both there?
Or involved in the planning?

Two ppl. I think there were two ppl at the church since not everything was seen. One perp walking around while the other one was in the kitchen then was joined by the fake swat perp. This is why I think it was a couple. MOO

gliving, I think that is a very important question and lends credence to the idea that more than one person was involved.

This is what leads me to believe Missy's death was not a targeted hit, but it happened as collateral damage. There are too many variables for it to be a targeted hit.

"Collateral damage is a general term for deaths, injuries, or other damage inflicted on an unintended target."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990