TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't understand.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I think FromGermany was saying that if BB had bought a one way ticket to MS for the fishing trip, (and supposing he had been in on the plan to murder MB), then if he got down to MS and the plan somehow went awry, how would he get back home…. My answer was that he would just buy a one-way ticket from MS back to TX.

I think FromGermany was saying that if BB had bought a one way ticket to MS for the fishing trip, (and supposing he had been in on the plan to murder MB), then if he got down to MS and the plan somehow went awry, how would he get back home…. My answer was that he would just buy a one-way ticket from MS back to TX.
I don't think he would have been that careless, or that obvious by just buying a one way ticket. How was he going to explain that?

I don't think he would have been that careless, or that obvious by just buying a one way ticket. How was he going to explain that?

BB was on a trip paid for by a vendor. For all we know, it may have been the vendor who booked the flight rather than BB.

I agree with you. If BB had any kind of a role in the slaying (and there's no evidence to indicate it), I doubt he would be so obvious as to book a one way ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe nothing has happened as an arrest or a poi named yet.

We know that police generally look first to spouses, then other close family members. In the absence of compelling evidence pointing elsewhere, or perhaps in tandem with it, do they then work outward in concentric circles, looking at extended family, friends, neighbors and coworkers, as witnesses and/or possible suspects? Do they look at the social media postings of extended family and friends? Would they look at what family/friends/coworkers/neighbors/clients -- anyone on her FB friends list or Twitter followers -- posted on April 18 or shortly afterwards to see if anything seemed odd?

We know that police generally look first to spouses, then other close family members. In the absence of compelling evidence pointing elsewhere, or perhaps in tandem with it, do they then work outward in concentric circles, looking at extended family, friends, neighbors and coworkers, as witnesses and/or possible suspects? Do they look at the social media postings of extended family and friends? Would they look at what family/friends/coworkers/neighbors/clients -- anyone on her FB friends list or Twitter followers -- posted on April 18 or shortly afterwards to see if anything seemed odd?

LE said they were casting a wide net in their early presser. I read an article about the Mark Seivers case that mentioned LE in that case cast a wide net that included even the gardener. Also, a friend of Seivers was also noticing odd things about her friend and tipped LE. All that to say that LE in MBs case maybe has some similar things going on. MPD says that MBs case is still an active investigation and NOT cold case. JMO

Do we know if BB has moved on to another relationship? That's always an eyebrow raiser when someone loses a spouse and then immediately starts dating or seeing other people.

Regarding the 5K, I was kind of surprised that BB and the girls attended. It seemed the family, MIL, seemed to resent MB's time with Camp Gladiator. I'm sure they decided to support the 5K as it was in MB's memory, but still I got the feeling some in the family did not appreciate the time MB put into be a Gladiator.

I don't want to comment specifically about the MIL or other family. It doesn't seem out of the question that some people who knew Missy -- women? -- may have resented or disapproved of her relatively new buff ways. Did they think she had gotten too big, or maybe too lean, for her britches? Was she getting too much male attention for someone's liking? This happens every day and doesn't lead to murder, but all you need is someone with a few loose screws.

I don't want to comment specifically about the MIL or other family. It doesn't seem out of the question that some people who knew Missy -- women? -- may have resented or disapproved of her relatively new buff ways. Did they think she had gotten too big, or maybe too lean, for her britches? Was she getting too much male attention for someone's liking? This happens every day and doesn't lead to murder, but all you need is someone with a few loose screws.

I hope we have those answers someday. MB apparently had a vast social circle and an open social media persona. It would seem that there would be many scenarios/theories LE had to work through. JMO

Bb was on the phone with her at 10pm and she dozed off on the phone.

So imo. Bb wasn't at the church 5 hours later.

I don't think he was at the church either. I think he was in MS on the fishing trip. JMO

Really pretty detailed alibi for a single husband, thought of everything: posting when there is a delayed flight, calling twice whether she is going to sleep or not, posting the advertising for a special restaurant at the holiday (fishing trip) destination, renting a car with an important meaningful license plate - certainly I even forgot something of the many proofs. :D What did he know I wonder .....

I never thought BB was anywhere near the church. I do believe he was in Mississippi as he made that overly clear..... many times. Thanks for reminding me of his phone calls to her late at night, which will of course show he was in Mississippi and nowhere near the crime scene. Another detail added to the list of why he was "in the know".

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Last night I saw an episode of "Medical Detectives" on TV and there was a story about a husband on a sailing trip when his wife (first assumed) got murdered. Oh - how I was excited to learn of the criminal stunt he had accomplished to deceive the investigators! :waiting: ---> :bombshell:

BUT it didn't help in case Missy:
The husband had murdered his wife the day before he went on the trip. He manipulated the air conditioner to highest setting at the crime scene so his wife's body would show a delayed process of decomposition through cold and the time of death would seem like occured much later when the husband was already on his boat and on the open sea.
Witnesses told the investigators of an extraordinary cold of the room where the wife's body was found. They told also the husband had worn unsuitable clothing on the trip (long trousers, long sleeve shirts despite August-heat) and the investigators found out that the husband probably had to hide some signs of a fight. Also a little girl had coincidentally heard on a connected phone when the husband talked to ringtones to fake a call to his allegedly alive wife to say "I love you" (to the ears of his friends) shortly before the sailing trip began. Last but not least a video was found by the investigators which showed a crime where the perp had used the setting of the air conditioner to deceive investigators.

Because it is proof that Missy was seen on surveillance camera walking the church hallway before her murder and the time of her death isn't questionable this case doesn't help, unfortunately.

why are we talking about a burglary..... LE stated it was not!

Maybe that bad theory is the reason that seven months later investigators have made zero progress on this case. It's hard to solve a case when you eliminate the obvious explanations, without any evidence.

LE said they were casting a wide net in their early presser. I read an article about the Mark Seivers case that mentioned LE in that case cast a wide net that included even the gardener. Also, a friend of Seivers was also noticing odd things about her friend and tipped LE. All that to say that LE in MBs case maybe has some similar things going on. MPD says that MBs case is still an active investigation and NOT cold case. JMO

It’s possible that LE is focusing on someone or some people in MB’s case (whether or not BB and/or family). It took about 8 months for Sievers’ husband to be arrested because LE was busy getting their ducks in a row (i.e. interviewing the deceased wife’s friend who was reporting the husband’s odd behavior as well as getting info on the guy(s) who actually carried out the murder). LE in that case did not announce they were focusing on the husband for a long time before his arrest – perhaps leaving people (the public) to believe they had no good leads, but in reality, they did. Let's hope that's the case for MB's murder.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...vers-arrested-wright-pleas-25-years/80997770/

It’s possible that LE is focusing on someone or some people in MB’s case (whether or not BB and/or family). It took about 8 months for Sievers’ husband to be arrested because LE was busy getting their ducks in a row (i.e. interviewing the deceased wife’s friend who was reporting the husband’s odd behavior as well as getting info on the guy(s) who actually carried out the murder). LE in that case did not announce they were focusing on the husband for a long time before his arrest – perhaps leaving people (the public) to believe they had no good leads, but in reality, they did. Let's hope that's the case for MB's murder.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...vers-arrested-wright-pleas-25-years/80997770/

Ok, I was somewhat off on the Sievers case – 2 guys were arrested within a couple of months of the murder. They were hired by the husband. However, it still took 6 months after that to arrest the husband. Again, gives me hope that LE in MB’s case does have a POI but is gathering info to get to a point to be able to make an arrest.

why are we talking about a burglary..... LE stated it was not!

Maybe that bad theory is the reason that seven months later investigators have made zero progress on this case. It's hard to solve a case when you eliminate the obvious explanations, without any evidence.

FelineGinger, not sure what post(s) you're referencing. Most on here won't discuss anything but BB. Try to bring up alternative theories and all you hear are crickets.

But, LE has not stated that it wasn't a burglary. They have said there is no evidence that anything was taken. Which would not necessarily mean anything, if a burglar was interrupted by the unexpected arrival of Missy Bevers. If you're burgling a church, the last thing you're going to expect is for anyone to be there at 4 am on a Monday morning.

LE initially stated that they believed it to be a burglary or B&E gone wrong. A few days out from the murder, they were sure it was someone who knew MB and they focused all their energies in that direction as evidenced by the search warrants.

The last info we were given a few months ago regarding motive was that they were now coming back around toward "untargeted hit." That phrasing could apply to burglary or to B&E for other reasons such as vandalism, but with no specific targeting of MB herself. Wrong place, wrong time.

If MB and her killer did not know one another, then a lot of precious time and resources were spent chasing rabbits like BB, CW and CT. Hopefully the MPD has avoided "tunnel vision" and kept open minds concerning theories about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member