TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said all that, I'll say that it may very well turn out that BB had MB killed. But I continue to hope that LE keeps their options open and looks at it from all sides. If he did indeed do this, then it should be easier to solve. If it's anyone else that had some connection to MB, it should also be easier to solve. But what I'm afraid of is that it's someone who didn't know her personally at all. If that's the case, all we can hope for and pray for is that the person tells somebody at some point, and that person tells LE. It's going to be crucial that the reward money continue to increase from its present point as time goes on to try to spur someone to talk.

This is in response to Cannonballs reply:
So sorry. Tried to snip this but not sure how that works. But I did try!
I have given thought to your thought that this may have been a burglary gone wrong.
If it was a burglary, I think most likely it would have been a male.
Had he seen her headlights and then saw that it was a woman, why not hide out in the men's restroom? He could have watched and waited there knowing she wouldn't enter the men's room but he/she did not. Instead, he/ she decided attacking her was the best way to go/escape?
And if this was a hired hit, I don't see how it would be easy to solve. Again, I refer people to the Dan Markel case where there was a witness to the shooter's vehicle. Through great investigating, and because the perps' weren't the brightest bulbs around, they were able to link the vehicle to these 2 men. Currently, connecting those who hired these 2 has been harder and has taken/waiting for the perps' to turn over. It took 2 years to arrest the two perps, and then another 3 months beyond that to arrest the middlewoman. We're still waiting for her to turn on who hired her (even though we already know). So, even though it may have been quasi easy to solve, it is much harder to prove it in court. Nothing was leaked for 2 years about the knowledge the police had. They remained focused and vigilant not giving in to the public's response that the PD was ineffectual and too small townish. I am hoping that is what is happening here.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily believe it was a burglary gone bad. Could have been someone who noticed MB from a distance and began stalking her over time.

But in the burglary scenario, it's a possibility that perp was in the bathroom when MB drove up and was unaware. MB comes in and does normal routine of turning on bathroom lights in both bathrooms, or perhaps needed to use the bathroom herself. Encounters perp and, unintentionally cornered and taken by surprise, perp attacks.

I would point out with the Markel case that the family are exceptionally intelligent, which made it more difficult to crack that case. No offense to the family in MB's case but they don't strike me as brilliant tacticians who could plan and implement a hit like this - at least not without leaving a lot of clues. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is in response to Cannonballs reply:
So sorry. Tried to snip this but not sure how that works. But I did try!
I have given thought to your thought that this may have been a burglary gone wrong.
If it was a burglary, I think most likely it would have been a male.
Had he seen her headlights and then saw that it was a woman, why not hide out in the men's restroom? He could have watched and waited there knowing she wouldn't enter the men's room but he/she did not. Instead, he/ she decided attacking her was the best way to go/escape?
And if this was a hired hit, I don't see how it would be easy to solve. Again, I refer people to the Dan Markel case where there was a witness to the shooter's vehicle. Through great investigating, and because the perps' weren't the brightest bulbs around, they were able to link the vehicle to these 2 men. Currently, connecting those who hired these 2 has been harder and has taken/waiting for the perps' to turn over. It took 2 years to arrest the two perps, and then another 3 months beyond that to arrest the middlewoman. We're still waiting for her to turn on who hired her (even though we already know). So, even though it may have been quasi easy to solve, it is much harder to prove it in court. Nothing was leaked for 2 years about the knowledge the police had. They remained focused and vigilant not giving in to the public's response that the PD was ineffectual and too small townish. I am hoping that is what is happening here.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I don't necessarily believe it was a burglary gone bad. Could have been someone who noticed MB from a distance and began stalking her over time.

But in the burglary scenario, it's a possibility that perp was in the bathroom when MB drove up and was unaware. MB comes in and does normal routine of turning on bathroom lights in both bathrooms, or perhaps needed to use the bathroom herself. Encounters perp and, unintentionally cornered and taken by surprise, perp attacks.

I would point out with the Markel case that the family are exceptionally intelligent, which made it more difficult to crack that case. No offense to the family in MB's case but they don't strike me as brilliant tacticians who could plan and implement a hit like this - at least not without leaving a lot of clues. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
The family in the Markel case, though intelligent, are very narcissistic. Which, in their case will/is their downfall. It is almost unbelievable that they truly thought they could get away with it. And now, because of their hubris, they stand to lose everything. Their money, their grandkids and their freedom.
Intelligent? Maybe. Stupid? Most certainly.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The 5k held in her honor was this morning- over 200 people came to run and show support even though it was raining and chilly for the start. I noticed a couple news cameras set up but I can't find their interviews/reports yet.
[video=twitter;794895579033849856]https://twitter.com/yeomansnbc5/status/794895579033849856[/video]

http://bestsouthwestguide.com/midlo...1-the-missy-bevers-murder-a-local-perspective

The Missy Bevers Murder: A Local Perspective

I do not hold the answers; it's important for readers and listeners to form their own opinion after weighing information. I encourage everyone to always remember this throughout the duration of the Missy Bevers' murder investigation and potential trial.

I also pray that every person outlined on the target list will be cleared of any involvement in the case. I mean that sincerely and it is my greatest hope and desire that officials clear them soon. Law enforcement officials publicly say they do not have a person of interest, target or suspect at this time and they maintain an arrest is NOT imminent...for now.

Here's what I do know: Missy's murder has rocked our community to the core. To outsiders, it might appear that media is buzzing around town and that gossip runs rampant around every corner. However, it's actually quite the opposite; we are a city that is heartbroken and devastated to watch an innocent woman lose her life in what should be one of the safest places on earth--a church.

I just ate a pizza and drank 25cl of red wine with 13%vol. - now I'm in a state like the perp I've seen on video: slightly non-targeted movements (slinging), indifferent feeling, could just now walk a hallway and crash some door windows or I could not do it (completely no matter), look at a surveillance camera a little bit too many seconds (don't know why I do this), would look on a little hold on the wall walking along hallways, would tipping back a bit with the body when I attack a door - and so on. My buddy perhaps is doing the evil work at the "front" when/where Missy arrives.

I'm not a murderer and don't know a motive in case Missy - but this state of one of the perps I could imagine, exactly like that.

Nobody has thought about a duo/trio of perps who are perhaps teenagers. What IF? Who might it be?

I just ate a pizza and drank 25cl of red wine with 13%vol. - now I'm in a state like the perp I've seen on video: slightly non-targeted movements (slinging), indifferent feeling, could just now walk a hallway and crash some door windows or I could not do it (completely no matter), look at a surveillance camera a little bit too many seconds (don't know why I do this), would look on a little hold on the wall walking along hallways, would tipping back a bit with the body when I attack a door - and so on. My buddy perhaps is doing the evil work at the "front" when/where Missy arrives.

I'm not a murderer and don't know a motive in case Missy - but this state of one of the perps I could imagine, exactly like that.

Nobody has thought about a duo/trio of perps who are perhaps teenagers. What IF? Who might it be?

Oh, yes. I've definitely thought about multiple perps;)

The perfect murder, it would seem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have thought that for a while now, as well as the Rhoden murders. I don't like that phrase, "perfect murder", but i think the murders were well thought out or their dna (if any) is not on fill. Jmo idk

ETA TTF14 that was not directed at you. I just don't like to think that any murder is perfect. :)

BB wouldn't kill Missy since he needed her to take care of the kids while he was out of work and in pain.

Plus his family wouldn't kill her because Missy was BBs crutch.

Jmo.

The killer is someone who stalked her and couldn't take no for an answer.

But maybe she blamed herself for giving off signals without realizing that the perp was a nut until later on.

So maybe this is why she never confided with friends about said stalker in this scenario. Idk

“The reason why is we have had enough negativity in the last six months. This is an opportunity to say, 'Hey, this is part of what Missy did’,” said Renee Jones.
Jones is the regional director for Camp Gladiator. She was also Bevers’ friend.

Missy's family and friends at the race said they're holding out hope an arrest will be made.
“Like everybody else, of course I do, but am I going to lose sleep over it anymore? It's happened and we're in a situation, personally, my belief is, we're in a situation where we have to move on,” Jones said.

Source: Missy Bevers Honored in 5K Race | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi..._osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand#ixzz4PDUSk4Py
Follow us: @nbcdfw on Twitter | NBCDFW on Facebook

Something I'd like to thrown out is the possibility (not a probability) that Todd Kohlhepp could have done this. LE is investing beyond South Carolina for victims:
Wright said the investigation into what Kohlhepp did between the Superbike killings and his recent activity in Woodruff is not limited to South Carolina.

“We’re not going to close a door on anything until we’re sure. We’re not ruling anything out until we’re sure,” he said. “We’re not limiting our investigation to South Carolina at all.”
http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article112995893.html#storylink=cpy
TK does have an interest in the type of gear worn by the perp and he's a licensed pilot as well plus he's originally from Arizona where he could have familiarity with Texas by stopping there between AZ and SC where he could use the Midlothian airport and visit the area. Also with the time of the murder, he could have done it, flown out of there and been back at work Monday. I'm just not sure on his height and I haven't seen him walk. He probably didn't do it as I think he prefers to shot people and he might be the wrong size as well, but he's got the interest in police equipment and the means to travel quickly where if not with MB, there could be other murders across the country that he committed that have confused police across the country if he's a serial killer who uses his pilot's license to do random untraceable killings.

Something I'd like to thrown out is the possibility (not a probability) that Todd Kohlhepp could have done this. LE is investing beyond South Carolina for victims:

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article112995893.html#storylink=cpy
TK does have an interest in the type of gear worn by the perp and he's a licensed pilot as well plus he's originally from Arizona where he could have familiarity with Texas by stopping there between AZ and SC where he could use the Midlothian airport and visit the area. Also with the time of the murder, he could have done it, flown out of there and been back at work Monday. I'm just not sure on his height and I haven't seen him walk. He probably didn't do it as I think he prefers to shot people and he might be the wrong size as well, but he's got the interest in police equipment and the means to travel quickly where if not with MB, there could be other murders across the country that he committed that have confused police across the country if he's a serial killer who uses his pilot's license to do random untraceable killings.

That case is interesting to me because I am from that same county in SC originally.

Kohlhepp has been linked to some reviews he did of Amazon products that he might have used in committing the crimes. One such item? A tactical vest.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ch-attention-kohlhepp-investigators/93403782/

The 5k held in her honor was this morning- over 200 people came to run and show support even though it was raining and chilly for the start. I noticed a couple news cameras set up but I can't find their interviews/reports yet.
[video=twitter;794895579033849856]https://twitter.com/yeomansnbc5/status/794895579033849856[/video]

Yes, I'm wondering if BB or RB or any of her other in-laws went.

Great points!! I believe BB was probably involved too due to the marital and/or financial issues - and his lack of emotion and giving so much “analysis” within hours/days of the murder are not typical for someone losing a spouse to a brutal murder. Do we know if he bought a round-trip ticket to MS or just a one-way? We know he drove back because he pointed out that the car he came back in had MS plates (odd that he would feel the need to point that out). Besides BB (and RB), CW is on my POI /suspect list. He has the height and walk (see youtube videos of some of his fights). If he were heavily padded underneath, I could see him being in the SP outfit .

BBM
I think that is a very good question. If just a one way, to me that would speak volumes. Does anyone know the answer to this? I have read a lot of the posts getting caught up, I don't recall hearing the answer to this one. Would LE let it out if they knew? I believe something just like this could be a turning point. I don't believe in a "perfect murder", we are all humans, as such we make mistakes... there has to be something, maybe a little thing, that could end up being the tilting point to a POI. But then, they do need evidence, proof... ARGHH...!

BBM
I think that is a very good question. If just a one way, to me that would speak volumes. Does anyone know the answer to this? I have read a lot of the posts getting caught up, I don't recall hearing the answer to this one. Would LE let it out if they knew? I believe something just like this could be a turning point. I don't believe in a "perfect murder", we are all humans, as such we make mistakes... there has to be something, maybe a little thing, that could end up being the tilting point to a POI. But then, they do need evidence, proof... ARGHH...!

He had bought no one-way-ticket - could have gone wrong and then what? :D

BBM

I agree. If LE knows BB had a one way ticket, they have not revealed it. I think there would be a lot of buzz about it if LE had released that info (if it is even a fact). But that would not be enough for an arrest. In any case, I hope their recent leads are getting them on someone's trail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13