TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought this bit was interesting:

"With regard to suspects, let me repeat what has already been said, no member of Missy's family is considered to be a suspect. No family member, including Missy's husband, was ever a suspect. Missy's family has been cooperative from day one, and the information they have provided in this investigation has been corroborated."

- Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson

"With regard to suspects, let me repeat what has already been said, no member of Missy's family is considered to be a suspect. No family member, including Missy's husband, was ever a suspect. Missy's family has been cooperative from day one, and the information they have provided in this investigation has been corroborated."

If that's the case something is OFF.
Spouses are always considered a suspect.

Even BB commented that he knew he was a suspect in the beginning.

Also from the article:

Despite floods of tips following the police's requests for the public's help and several search warrants looking into related social media accounts and phone records, police believe there is still more information they have not found, Johnson said.

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20161011/investigation-continues-six-months-after-bevers-death

This confounds me!

"Investigators have a few people they consider to be person's of interest, he said, but no suspects."

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20161011/investigation-continues-six-months-after-bevers-death

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I agree.

In the beginning, BB said that he was being investigated. He mentioned how investigators start with the people closest to the victim and then work out from there. I have said it before, and I will repeat it again since it was specifically mentioned in the article. Per the article, "Investigators have a few people they consider to be person's of interest [sic], he said, but no suspects." If they do not currently have any suspects (and I will reiterate there has never been a suspect in this case), why would they chose to specifically say that BB is not a suspect? Why not say that he is not a POI? Is it not a true statement? I have believed from the beginning that MPD has chosen their words very carefully, and it seems apparent to me that MPD is unwilling to say no one from the Bevers family has been excluded as a POI.

There are two other interesting quotes in the article IMO.
1) "
[/SIZE][FONT=&amp]I personally believe that what will break this case is new information we simply don’t have yet,” Johnson said.[/FONT]

If they need new information to break the case, why have they ceased all press conferences? Why have they not asked the public to be more involved?

2) "
[FONT=&amp]The three video clips of the suspect inside the church show the person using a screwdriver or pry bar to open doors inside the church as well as walking in and out of a room."

[/FONT]
Has a screwdriver been visible in any of the videos that we have seen? I thought that all of the tools, excluding the unidentified rectangular item, had an angled end, such as a hammer or pry bar.

I hope that the article is accurate when it states that MPD at least has some POIs. Justice for Missy!

I never saw a screwdriver, but that doesn't mean SwatPerp did not have one. I saw a pry bar and a hammer, either of which could be deadly! Not saying a screwdriver could not be used as a weapon, but I think it was a hammer or a pry bar that was used to beat and puncture Missy's head and chest.

Also, does LE still think Missy's murder was recorded?

"In another warrant requesting cell tower data, police say that Bevers may have been in communication with her killer. The warrant alleges the suspect may have used a cell phone to check social media for workout schedules Bevers posted and possibly to record Bevers' murder."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

Also, does LE still think Missy's murder was recorded?

"In another warrant requesting cell tower data, police say that Bevers may have been in communication with her killer. The warrant alleges the suspect may have used a cell phone to check social media for workout schedules Bevers posted and possibly to record Bevers' murder."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

Jmho think they were covering all their bases just in case, to establish probable cause for the search warrant.

Jmho until an arrest, no one is excluded totally.

I completely understand what you are saying, but I don't think that is entirely true. Would LE completely clear Missy's daughters? Missy's mother? I believe that they would because they have ZERO reason to suspect either party. Although LE may believe that certain parties are not involved at this point in time, they will not clear any person who may be involved (i.e. a person with a known motive because additional information may surface). While I agree with the premise of your statement, I do believe that LE would feel completely comfortable clearing certain parties.

Well, in my mind, LE opened the :worms: when they suggested from the very beginning that Missy was targeted. I think someone creeped her out major big time (think she overhead locker room talk regarding her breasts), and maybe not anyone that could have been in a relationship with her, but perhaps someone that had private information regarding Missy that would have only been known by an intimate relationship. I can't get past multiple puncture wounds to her head and chest. It was a violent assault and it involved more than one to plan the attack. She was propositioned and she turned him down, maybe even in front of a buddy.

I completely understand what you are saying, but I don't think that is entirely true. Would LE completely clear Missy's daughters? Missy's mother? I believe that they would because they have ZERO reason to suspect either party. Although LE may believe that certain parties are not involved at this point in time, they will not clear any person who may be involved (i.e. a person with a known motive because additional information may surface). While I agree with the premise of your statement, I do believe that LE would feel completely comfortable clearing certain parties.

While I understand and agree, MPD has chosen their wording carefully. Jmho until they have evidence to make an arrest, they truly can't say xyz didn't do it or involved. While I feel sure in my heart her Mother didn't have anything to do with, I know nothing of the evidence MPD has. Look at that Seivers case. Jmho I also don't think her children had anything to do with this, but have seen many shocking things happen in cases. I pray it no one close to the family. But jmho whenever someone is arrested, any healing done will be ripped open again. My heart hurts for her girls and family.

ETA MPD has even said no one has been excluded, at the time they said didn't have any POI. Last press interview was first of July iirc, that's when released the Facebook SW's and stopped weekly press updates. They also had gotten the tower ping info iirc.

Well, in my mind, LE opened the :worms: when they suggested from the very beginning that Missy was targeted. I think someone creeped her out major big time (think she overhead locker room talk regarding her breasts), and maybe not anyone that could have been in a relationship with her, but perhaps someone that had private information regarding Missy that would have only been known by an intimate relationship. I can't get past multiple puncture wounds to her head and chest. It was a violent assault and it involved more than one to plan the attack. She was propositioned and she turned him down, maybe even in front of a buddy.

They said felt she was Targeted or not random, that first press conference hat afternoon iirc.

I think it may be someone one step removed from the people we've heard of and it could be a situation where the friend/family member that is connected isn't even aware of the connection. BB for instance could have had a stalker from high school who thought MB was undeserving of BB, so someone infatuated with BB could have killed MB without BB's knowledge or consent. Also one of MB's kids could have denied a romantic relationship with someone by using MB as an excuse and completely forgot all about that person. I don't think any family member can be ruled out, like how the ex-NFL player Antonio Armstrong and his wife were allegedly murdered by their son, seemingly for no reason, which based upon the latest information from that warrant, any number of people could have had motive both within the Bevers family and the families of those she apparently was having affairs with and it could be someone not immediately obvious who thought MB was hindrance in some way. Some unknown person could have been boiling with anger if BB for instance told about how MB cheated on him (we don't know how widely known it was, but based on the warrant it sounds like multiple people knew), so they wanted to do him multiple favors by getting her out of the way while at the same time BB collecting double indemnity on her life insurance where this person could have been an as yet unmentioned family member or someone of no familial relation. I would really like to know how widely known it was within the family that MB had apparently cheated on BB given how other members of the Bevers family have acted surprised, which could be true or could be cover as acting like this is a big surprise eliminates the motive.

I think this was personal and the person will either be someone who BB or MB were having affairs with.

Jmo

"From the footage police collected, the suspect first appears in the building about 10 minutes before 4 a.m., Spann said previously. The suspect can be seen walking through the hallways forcing open doors. The glass of a metal-framed door is broken, suggesting the suspect gained entrance by reaching through and unlocking the door, Spann said. Several other windows were also broken, he said.

Bevers entered the building's main hall at 4:18 a.m., Spann said."

So that rules out my theory that Swat Perp entered through the kitchen....

"From the footage police collected, the suspect first appears in the building about 10 minutes before 4 a.m., Spann said previously. The suspect can be seen walking through the hallways forcing open doors. The glass of a metal-framed door is broken, suggesting the suspect gained entrance by reaching through and unlocking the door, Spann said. Several other windows were also broken, he said.

Bevers entered the building's main hall at 4:18 a.m., Spann said."

So that rules out my theory that Swat Perp entered through the kitchen....

I don't see anything new in that article, but I think these points need to be reiterated

“We believe that we don’t have a suspect in this case because we haven’t yet discovered the information to lead us to that suspect. We have poured over the available information time and time again. We have also brought in an entirely new set of eyes, in the form of experienced homicide detectives, to help look at the case from a fresh perspective. I personally believe that what will break this case is new information we simply don’t have yet,” Johnson said.

I think it may be someone one step removed from the people we've heard of and it could be a situation where the friend/family member that is connected isn't even aware of the connection. BB for instance could have had a stalker from high school who thought MB was undeserving of BB, so someone infatuated with BB could have killed MB without BB's knowledge or consent. Also one of MB's kids could have denied a romantic relationship with someone by using MB as an excuse and completely forgot all about that person. I don't think any family member can be ruled out, like how the ex-NFL player Antonio Armstrong and his wife were allegedly murdered by their son, seemingly for no reason, which based upon the latest information from that warrant, any number of people could have had motive both within the Bevers family and the families of those she apparently was having affairs with and it could be someone not immediately obvious who thought MB was hindrance in some way. Some unknown person could have been boiling with anger if BB for instance told about how MB cheated on him (we don't know how widely known it was, but based on the warrant it sounds like multiple people knew), so they wanted to do him multiple favors by getting her out of the way while at the same time BB collecting double indemnity on her life insurance where this person could have been an as yet unmentioned family member or someone of no familial relation. I would really like to know how widely known it was within the family that MB had apparently cheated on BB given how other members of the Bevers family have acted surprised, which could be true or could be cover as acting like this is a big surprise eliminates the motive.

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...bPAhVFuRQKHVCADRoQMwguKBAwEA&bih=786&biw=1600

Finally, Heide and Paul Mones, the author of "When A Child Kills: Abused Children Who Kill Their Parents," agree that in parricide cases, there is often an element of "overkill."

Interesting article even if not applicable to case Missy ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave