TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You'll recall there were two FB warrants, one for MB and one for BB. The one for MB only mentioned CW.

The only previous mention of KC was the SW at the beginning of the investigation that sought the phone records for a group of people including KC.

It was in July that LE released the unsealed search warrants for the two FB accounts. But they released them without including the probable cause affidavits.

When MPD was asked under the Open Records Act for the probable cause affidavits for both, they provided two documents. But the two were identical - each document was the SW and affidavit for MB. They omitted, whether on purpose or through error, the document for BB.

So this was pointed out to MPD, and they provided the requested affidavit at that time. That took place 2-1/2 months ago. The BB affidavit is being made public today only because no one else was reporting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, you’re saying the affidavits were attachments to the search warrants but the affidavits/attachments were not previously released along with the search warrants? Thanks.

Oh my. So, who gave police AT and CT's name?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It was my understanding that AT and CT were on the list because they had been in recent contact with MB. I thought that’s where all of the target numbers came from - from having been in recent contact with MB. Someone please correct me, if wrong. Thanks.

It was my understanding that AT and CT were on the list because they had been in recent contact with MB. I thought that’s where all of the target numbers came from - from having been in recent contact with MB. Someone please correct me, if wrong. Thanks.
It was my understanding that was true for everyone except maybe CT.

This is going to make for some serious awkwardness.

Or maybe this will inadvertently shake something loose.

So what was BB's reason for calling MB late the night he was in MISS.?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, you’re saying the affidavits were attachments to the search warrants but the affidavits/attachments were not previously released along with the search warrants? Thanks.

Correct. If you look in the media timeline thread, there is a link on July 2 to a news report in which MPD released the two SWs. It was only through the Open Records Act requests that they released the accompanying probable cause affidavits.

Assistant Chief Johnson said at the time of the SW release in July that "nothing of evidentiary value" was gained from the execution of the SWs. So taken at face value, it would seem that they are not pursuing CW or KC.

Correct. If you look in the media timeline thread, there is a link on July 2 to a news report in which MPD released the two SWs. It was only through the Open Records Act requests that they released the accompanying probable cause affidavits.

Assistant Chief Johnson said at the time of the SW release in July that "nothing of evidentiary value" was gained from the execution of the SWs. So taken at face value, it would seem that they are not pursuing CW or KC.

Right. The warrant was from just after Missy died and I think we can assume, 7 months on (!), that nothing incriminating was found.

So, what about the Tuckers? Did BB suspect MB was seeing AT and told the police that, hence his and his wife were on the warrant?

From memory that first warrant was for MB & BB, RB & VB, AT & CT, KC & MC, CW.... who else?

Really pretty detailed alibi for a single husband, thought of everything: posting when there is a delayed flight, calling twice whether she is going to sleep or not, posting the advertising for a special restaurant at the holiday (fishing trip) destination, renting a car with an important meaningful license plate - certainly I even forgot something of the many proofs. :D What did he know I wonder .....

OTT Eerily similar to what MS did the night before his wife, TS, was murdered by MS' friends, as planned by MS.

Right. The warrant was from just after Missy died and I think we can assume, 7 months on (!), that nothing incriminating was found.

So, what about the Tuckers? Did BB suspect MB was seeing AT and told the police that, hence his and his wife were on the warrant?

From memory that first warrant was for MB & BB, RB & VB, AT & CT, KC & MC, CW.... who else?

Seems like there were 9, and your list has 9. I think that's it.

WH

No. You'll recall there were two FB warrants, one for MB and one for BB. The one for MB only mentioned CW.

The only previous mention of KC was the SW at the beginning of the investigation that sought the phone records for a group of people including KC.

It was in July that LE released the unsealed search warrants for the two FB accounts. But they released them without including the probable cause affidavits.

When MPD was asked under the Open Records Act for the probable cause affidavits for both, they provided two documents. But the two were identical - each document was the SW and affidavit for MB. They omitted, whether on purpose or through error, the document for BB.

So this was pointed out to MPD, and they provided the requested affidavit at that time. That took place 2-1/2 months ago. The BB affidavit is being made public today only because no one else was reporting on it.

At the beginning of the investigation, wasn't KC thought to be the early camper who called BB after Missy was found?

Midlothian local, Glammie I think, said early on that the first camper at the church was arriving for his very first Camp Gladiator class. He arrived early because he didn't know how long it would take to drive there the first time, and to do first - timer paperwork.

Nope I didn't say that. I believe that's a mixture of several different theories. I will say it's a possibility that someone posing as a camper could have done this or it could have been a first time camper. It was pouring down rain and pitch black outside around this time. I can see how very easy SP could have dressed as a camper, turned into the parking lot. Turned off their headlights drove around back with a possible accomplice and never have raised any suspicion. I also believe based on what we see and don't see on the surveillance tape that SP seems to be dry and I see no pooling water, no wet helmet, etc. so I'm thinking duffle bag. So I imagine and again this is just a theory and only my opinion, that SP was dressed in workout clothes, took the duffle bag in, and dressed where they knew they were out of sight of the camera. And reversed the process on the way out. throwing everything back in the duffle bag. So as to not carry blood into their vehicle. My opinion is this was premeditated and someone she knew. Maybe someone she even trusted. It is possible although not likely that SP was there at the crime scene when police first arrived and drove away with the bag in the trunk, and burned it later. I don't think the police were thinking this was a premeditated murder until later. I have several theories on who may have been involved. And I believe this is still much bigger than the LE are willing to share at this moment. All just my opinion!

Good Link below. Mods, can you please edit the earlier post from page 50 to replace the bad Dropbox link with the one below? Same goes for the media/timeline thread. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9152vpwur2bsray/Brandon Bevers search warrant.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for this. It does change my victim profile. It also changes my perception of BB and the MB/BB relationship dynamic. The verbiage of this probable cause affidavit makes the probable cause affidavit for MB's account more interesting to me (rather than the it likely being typical boiler plate) in that there is also some other party or parties involved in what MB was up to that were well aware of what was going on.

Thanks for this. It does change my victim profile. It also changes my perception of BB and the MB/BB relationship dynamic. The verbiage of this probable cause affidavit makes the probable cause affidavit for MB's account more interesting to me (rather than the it likely being typical boiler plate) in that there is also some other party or parties involved in what MB was up to that were well aware of what was going on.

Well this information does change things.

Maybe, or maybe not. I remind myself that these were allegations that BB made, not the result of LE's investigations.

I do find the wording of the affidavit interesting. It refers to the alleged KC affair that MB "was having". If that wording was intentional and accurate, it implies something that was ongoing up to the time of her death.

We also know that KS said she knew of an affair from "a year and a half" earlier. So, was the earlier affair with KC and then they picked it up again (or possibly never stopped but just became more discreet), or was it a different affair altogether?

I will admit that despite my vocal support for the "untargeted" theory, this information about an ALLEGED affair with KC does give me a little pause. If it's true, the more external relationships that are going on here, the more likely it is that those relationships led to her murder rather than something random. It raises the possibility of BB masterminding it, or one of MB's lovers, or one of MB's lover's partners, or perhaps even a lover of BB, or someone not involved romantically but who hated MB for the perceived hypocrisy.

So taken at face value, it would seem that they are not pursuing CW or KC.

KC had a scheduled spin class to teach at 5am the same morning Missy met her demise.
Apparently, if dismissed as a POI, CW must also possess a validated alibi for the time frame.

KC had a scheduled spin class to teach at 5am the same morning Missy met her demise.
Apparently, if dismissed as a POI, CW must also possess a validated alibi for the time frame.

They could have always hired it done, though. Not only them, but their spouses would need to be looked at, too.

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp, recently arrested in SC but originally from AZ, is a licensed pilot. I would need to find some kind of connection to TEXAS and that specific area before I go further down that road.

Whoa! Stop right there! A Serial Killer did not murder MB.

Whoa! Stop right there! A Serial Killer did not murder MB.

You don't know that. Like I said, we would need more of a Texas connection before going further. But TK is a pilot.

Maybe, or maybe not. I remind myself that these were allegations that BB made, not the result of LE's investigations.

I do find the wording of the affidavit interesting. It refers to the alleged KC affair that MB "was having". If that wording was intentional and accurate, it implies something that was ongoing up to the time of her death.

We also know that KS said she knew of an affair from "a year and a half" earlier. So, was the earlier affair with KC and then they picked it up again (or possibly never stopped but just became more discreet), or was it a different affair altogether?

I will admit that despite my vocal support for the "untargeted" theory, this information about an ALLEGED affair with KC does give me a little pause. If it's true, the more external relationships that are going on here, the more likely it is that those relationships led to her murder rather than something random. It raises the possibility of BB masterminding it, or one of her lovers, or one of her lover's partners, or perhaps even a lover of BB, or someone not involved romantically but who hated MB for the perceived hypocrisy.
What I find interesting is that MPD deliberately released the SW for LinkedIN and, in particular, the CW/MB activities but left the KC part in this opaquely within the "(s)" of that warrant and others.

What I find interesting is that MPD deliberately released the SW for LinkedIN and, in particular, the CW/MB activities but left the KC part in this opaquely within the "(s)" of that warrant and others.

They also made it difficult to get our hands on the affidavits, especially the one that mentioned KC. Since the affidavits were referenced in the associated SWs as Exhibit A, why didn't MPD go ahead and release them at the same time as the SWs at the beginning of July?

Why hold onto them until specifically requested in such a manner that they were legally obligated to?

And then, in response, why release only one of the requested affidavits in duplicate, forcing yet another request to get that second affidavit? Were they hoping we weren't paying close attention?

It may just be small-town maneuvering to try to protect reputations. Or maybe they're really pursuing these folks or their spouses and they were hoping the connection would stay under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member