Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like we are closer to finding Tom. On the Help Find Tom Brown Facebook page they just posted the following:

To The Students Of Canadian High School : If you were down at lake Marvin the night of Tom's disappearance and you know something - we want to talk to you. We will not use your name.

I saw that. I really think they have been suspecting for awhile that some other students know something. Maybe some of them met to party down there? I have no idea if he had ever done that, but it would make sense that Lake Marvin might be a place the teens would go to hang out and drink, etc. Those of you not in the area, Lake Marvin is tiny. The Canadian River is only inches deep, unless we have had a lot of recent rainfall. My heart aches for his family. If someone knows more info, I pray they come forward with it soon. It's also in their own self-interest to come forward rather than to be found by police.

I wonder what kind of setting it was found, woods maybe? Will they now search this area with dogs?

There aren't really thick woods in this part of the country, per se. :) There are some cottonwood and other trees around the lake, but they aren't very dense, and in the winter after leaves fall, even less so. The lake is small and shallow. I don't know if this area was previously searched, but I would imagine it was. I would hope they are looking all around the lake area now for a potential crime or accident scene. This is looking more like something got out of hand and ended badly, then was covered up...just my opinion. I still don't understand why someone who always made curfew would suddenly decide to willingly head out to the lake instead. The weather was mild, and possibly that was a teen hangout, but it doesn't seem consistent with his past history, as reported in media reports.

I have heard that Tom was removed as a starter from the team this year and replaced by a newcomer, so he chose to leave the team. That is entirely hearsay. I imagine he would have been disappointed, but beyond that, I don't know how that affected the team dynamic or his own personal plans. Since recent developments seem to be leading back towards the football team and possibly other students who may be withholding information, I think this may be pertinent.

We are on the same page. I was going to post this last night before I got disrupted.

I don't believe he left on purpose. I suspect something went south at the lake and nobody will talk because everybody knows everybody and because fear. I think his backpack was ditched by somebody else just like the truck since the dogs lost his trail so far from it. MOO

I have heard that Tom was removed as a starter from the team this year and replaced by a newcomer, so he chose to leave the team. That is entirely hearsay. I imagine he would have been disappointed, but beyond that, I don't know how that affected the team dynamic or his own personal plans. Since recent developments seem to be leading back towards the football team and possibly other students who may be withholding information, I think this may be pertinent.

My son knows some on the football team - and yes, this is what the locker room talk is. Also that he was picked on (not sure if bullied would be the right word or not).

Has anyone else been reading the Find Tom Brown Facebook page? I slacked off for a bit because I've been sick - but when I went to read it today, there has been some 'chatter' on the FB that the administrators of the page didn't know about.

On the most current post by the Finding Tom Brown page, there is a comment that gets the page administrator calling for the lady to report what she knows to LE.

Now....maybe its nothing. But in a case where very little is know - I think this is interesting.

(and as a side note - there hasnt been any new official post on the Finding Page since Jan 31. Makes me sad. I so want this young man found).

Audio interview between an area KXJD radio host and Brown family's lead PI Phillip Klein--February 5, 2017: http://highplainsobserverperryton.com/clients/highplainsobserverperryton/kleintell.mp3

OMG I am just now well enough to listen to this and actually hear what the PI is saying! I think this interview gives us more information!

1. concerns where auto was found
2. concerns what was taken from auto as well as evidence found in the auto (this is new to me)
3. those in the senior class probably know something (new to me - specifically saying to talk to your senior class kids)
4. the time line is expanding out (what does this mean exactly? is the time Tom was last seen incorrect?)
5. Possibly nefarious situation...but wont specifically call it that yet
6. does not believe body is at Canadian River
7. evidence found in Tom's automobile that cant be released, his fueling and his gas left in the auto. They are not convinced Tom was the one driving the auto (new to me, especially the fueling vs what was left in vehicle)

Audio interview between an area KXJD radio host and Brown family's lead PI Phillip Klein--February 5, 2017: http://highplainsobserverperryton.com/clients/highplainsobserverperryton/kleintell.mp3

Klein also states they're considering a possible walk away or the possibility Tom befriended someone and it didn't turn out well.

I wonder what evidence was found in the auto, and what could have been taken out of the auto. Obviously something they know should have been in there but was removed. What a mystery.

Also, don't I recall that his backpack was found off the side of the road, but not near the car?

Klein also states they're considering a possible walk away or the possibility Tom befriended someone and it didn't turn out well.

I wonder what evidence was found in the auto, and what could have been taken out of the auto. Obviously something they know should have been in there but was removed. What a mystery.

Also, don't I recall that his backpack was found off the side of the road, but not near the car?

I knew that his backpack was located under brush, near the lake (and that is NOT where his car was).

I am eager to hear how the timeline is 'expanding'. I wonder if the group of friends he was last known to be with (for certain) have their times wrong? Did they drop him off earlier than 11:30 (wasn't that the time?).

I am eager to hear how the timeline is 'expanding'. I wonder if the group of friends he was last known to be with (for certain) have their times wrong? Did they drop him off earlier than 11:30 (wasn't that the time?).

11/23/2016 – WEDNESDAY, the day before Thanksgiving
Early evening, T left home and drove around town with 2 of his good friends.
11:30 p.m. – T dropped off by those friends at his SUV in Middle School parking lot
11:40 p.m. – T filmed at gas station pumping gas
11:51 p.m. – T filmed driving off from station towards Middle/High School
12:00 a.m. – T’s curfew
12:03 a.m. – T’s brother texted because he was late. Message never read, but phone pinged near football stadium (several blocks south of Middle/High School
12:10 a.m.- Last cell phone ping on or near football stadium parking lot
12:23 a.m. – T’s worried mother sent text that was never read
12:29 a.m. – T’s mom started making phone calls to T, all of which went to voice mail
1:30 a.m. – T. mom activated the 911 system and sheriff’s office began to search the city
2:00 a.m. – Others began to help search, including T’s friends, who were awoken out of bed
During Night – Video Cams in city twice filmed a red Dodge SUV traveling through the city, but can’t tell for sure from the angle if this is T’s vehicle. I believe I heard one of those times was going North on the main road around 3, but I’m not sure. This is a small town with little traffic in the middle of the night.
6:50 a.m. – T’s SUV was caught on video entering the area and parking where it was found. It is unclear whether the driver was visible. I have heard that they were unable to make positive ID that it was T.
7:30 a.m. – Helicopters were launched to search the city and surrounding area
8:45 a.m. – Helicopter located T’s SUV. It was unlocked, with a window halfway down. Missing items included his cell phone, keys, wallet, backpack and laptop.

I'm not positive which gas station Tom used, but the closest one is a few blocks straight West of the Middle/High School, and it is open 24/7 (unlike most others in town; 806 Mom may know if any other are open after 11). T's home is located roughly between that gas station and the schools. After fueling, it seems he headed back that direction and possibly past his own home before heading south several blocks to the football field parking lot.

I'm sure they know exactly how much gasoline T purchased and may have a general idea how full his tank would be. It's possible that they can tell from how much gas is left in the tank whether someone drove the truck many miles between midnight and 6 a.m.

It may also be possible T's friends aren't positive when they dropped him off; however, it seems they had curfews and were making conscious decisions to be home by certain times, so that time might be very accurate, especially if any of them texted or made calls around that time. I haven't seen anything to indicate the 2 friends who were with him know any more than they shared at the time. They couldn't very well have been helping move a body or the vehicle since they were talking with law enforcement and involved in the search after they were awakened at 2 a.m. I would assume law enforcement would have gone with them to retrace their steps, etc. since they were the last people he was with.

It sounds like they seem pretty sure there are some teens who know more than they are saying, and I hope and pray they are haunted by what they know until they finally get the courage to give this family the closure it deserves.

From the Find Tom Brown facebook page:

Help Find Tom Brown

We apologize for the lack of updates lately, but there are many things going on in the backfield that we cannot really talk about to the public just yet. Tom is still missing and we have had some very interesting recent tips we continue to work. We continue to ask for the public's input, observations, and tips..... sometimes something so insignificant to you maybe the little piece that we're missing, so please do not hold back in presenting your thoughts. We read your comments and we discuss them. We hope to get you a more detailed update in coming days, but until then, continue your prayers and remember if you know something say something. You can remain anonymous.

Has anyone made a map of the timeline locations??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new here, but I want to keep Tom Browns disappearance in the spotlight. Yes, they found the backpack, basically on the side of Lake Marvin Road near an entrance to a home. IMO the backpack was placed there later. It would have been seen before had it been there the entire time.

I am new here, but I want to keep Tom Browns disappearance in the spotlight. Yes, they found the backpack, basically on the side of Lake Marvin Road near an entrance to a home. IMO the backpack was placed there later. It would have been seen before had it been there the entire time.

Wasn't his laptop in the backpack? I wonder what was on it that someone wanted access to for them to take it, keep it a while, then place it there when they were done. At least that's how I'm seeing it at this point.

There have been horrific wildfires close to Canadian where Thomas went missing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric