Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sons play football so I find this odd as well. If a kid isn't really into it, they don't end up a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've heard, he was a starter in previous years, but was replaced as a starter by a new guy this year. He chose to quit the team after this happened. I have heard there may have been hard feelings from teammates about his quitting the team. This is all hearsay but from people who live in the area.

The first disagreement in the investigation was on blood found on the driver’s side door. Klein believes it was a smear.

“We agree to disagree,” he said. “Our team’s theory is it looks like a blood smear, that it could have been from a defensive posture. The police theory is he had some scrapes on the knuckle, and the blood in the car is no big deal. Parents say they never saw blood or an injury to him before that night.”

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/crime-and-courts/2017-06-03/gone-where-thomas-brown

The first disagreement in the investigation was on blood found on the driver’s side door. Klein believes it was a smear.

“We agree to disagree,” he said. “Our team’s theory is it looks like a blood smear, that it could have been from a defensive posture. The police theory is he had some scrapes on the knuckle, and the blood in the car is no big deal. Parents say they never saw blood or an injury to him before that night.”

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/crime-and-courts/2017-06-03/gone-where-thomas-brown

It sounds like they may be closing in on naming some persons of interest. I sure hope so, such a mystery. Does anyone know what would cause the texts his mom and brother sent to not be delivered ? Also, how do they know they weren't read ? TIA

Also interesting how the opinions on what happened are all different. Klein seems sure that he's deceased. Tom's mother thinks he was taken by someone, but who and why? Tom's father thinks he left on his own, but why?

And what does Klein mean here? Seems like an odd thing to say. :thinking:

[FONT=&quot]“Thomas is smart and focused, but he had some different tendencies that young people go through sometimes.”[/FONT]

It does sound like both LE and Klein have some suspects or people who they believe are withholding information. I was wondering about the texts myself, since I don't have any way of knowing whether other people have read my texts. Maybe they had it set up to give read receipts for texts? Maybe he means Thomas had times he expressed discouragement or depression? That sounds pretty typical for that age group. Emotions are more volatile in general, especially that senior year, with lots of pressure and uncertainty about the future. I just don't believe he ran off on his own. 1) He took no belongings or $ from his bank account, and there were no records of recent withdrawals of large amounts of cash (I believe I have read this elsewhere.) and 2) I just can't believe a loving son, which by all accounts he was, would torment his parents like this without letting them know he is alive somewhere. I personally believe there was an accident of some sort, and others were involved and covered it up, because they were afraid of getting in trouble. Still, something that was unpremeditated would be difficult to conceal over the span of those few hours that night in a small town with multiple people out looking for a red vehicle. I hope family, friends, and this community have answers soon.

Some may not be aware, but this same tiny town recently suffered another extremely sad tragedy, when a 13 year old girl was hit by a train and killed. She had in ear buds and was looking at her cell phone, waiting for a northbound train to pass, and she stepped out into the path of a southbound train, because she wasn't paying close attention and didn't realize there were two trains: http://amarillo.com/local-news/news/2017-05-14/sheriff-identifies-canadian-teen-hit-killed-train#

It's been a sad year for Canadian, TX.

It does sound like both LE and Klein have some suspects or people who they believe are withholding information. I was wondering about the texts myself, since I don't have any way of knowing whether other people have read my texts. Maybe they had it set up to give read receipts for texts? Maybe he means Thomas had times he expressed discouragement or depression? That sounds pretty typical for that age group. Emotions are more volatile in general, especially that senior year, with lots of pressure and uncertainty about the future. I just don't believe he ran off on his own. 1) He took no belongings or $ from his bank account, and there were no records of recent withdrawals of large amounts of cash (I believe I have read this elsewhere.) and 2) I just can't believe a loving son, which by all accounts he was, would torment his parents like this without letting them know he is alive somewhere. I personally believe there was an accident of some sort, and others were involved and covered it up, because they were afraid of getting in trouble. Still, something that was unpremeditated would be difficult to conceal over the span of those few hours that night in a small town with multiple people out looking for a red vehicle. I hope family, friends, and this community have answers soon.

Some may not be aware, but this same tiny town recently suffered another extremely sad tragedy, when a 13 year old girl was hit by a train and killed. She had in ear buds and was looking at her cell phone, waiting for a northbound train to pass, and she stepped out into the path of a southbound train, because she wasn't paying close attention and didn't realize there were two trains: http://amarillo.com/local-news/news/2017-05-14/sheriff-identifies-canadian-teen-hit-killed-train#

It's been a sad year for Canadian, TX.

How horrific. :cry:

I was just thinking too, about Thomas' truck being seen driving around town in the early morning hours , in the 4 to 5 a.m. range IIRC. I guess I'm just thinking it's odd that out of all those who were out searching for him, no one spotted the truck moving around.

The Amarillo Paper had a large word "GONE" as the headline today. I live in the area and have been following the story. I live in a small town in the Panhandle for the last 26 years and football is indeed a community event. In the circles of a football team in a small town many lips are sealed. In Canadian just like the town I raised my son, who also played football, there is close ties that bind beyound LE. In fact in small towns many are sceptical of LE the smaller the more sceptical.

A couple of corrections in previous posts:

His dad qouted that "He liked football, but loved Theater". Might be why he quit football after being demoted from the 1st sring. is

It was a classmate that stated "He is smart guy, If the end goal was not to be found, he's not going to be found"

The article points to 3 unknown perons of interest. We know he was last seen by three people, two friends and the person(s) where he filled his gass tank before he disappeared.

One of those according the Amarillo Globe article is Kaleb King, who's father is a state Representive Ken King. Who stated "he was fine that night".

I'm not sure what happen here but the computer is definatly suspect in alternate stories between the PI and LE. I think some of the info being withheld is what was found on it. Kids are social, and phones and computers hold thier secret lives.

The Amarillo Paper had a large word "GONE" as the headline today. I live in the area and have been following the story. I live in a small town in the Panhandle for the last 26 years and football is indeed a community event. In the circles of a football team in a small town many lips are sealed. In Canadian just like the town I raised my son, who also played football, there is close ties that bind beyound LE. In fact in small towns many are sceptical of LE the smaller the more sceptical.

A couple of corrections in previous posts:

His dad qouted that "He liked football, but loved Theater". Might be why he quit football after being demoted from the 1st sring. is

It was a classmate that stated "He is smart guy, If the end goal was not to be found, he's not going to be found"

The article points to 3 unknown perons of interest. We know he was last seen by three people, two friends and the person(s) where he filled his gass tank before he disappeared.

One of those according the Amarillo Globe article is Kaleb King, who's father is a state Representive Ken King. Who stated "he was fine that night".

I'm not sure what happen here but the computer is definatly suspect in alternate stories between the PI and LE. I think some of the info being withheld is what was found on it. Kids are social, and phones and computers hold thier secret lives.

Here is the link: http://lubbockonline.com/news/2017-06-05/gone-where-west-texas-teen-thomas-brown

Timeline: Nov. 23-24, 2016

11:25 p.m. Nov. 23: Brown drops off friends Christian Webb and Kaleb King.
11:40 p.m.: Brown fills up his red Dodge Durango at Fronk Oil, according to a debit card transaction.
12:10 a.m. Nov. 24: After never missing a midnight curfew, his mother and brother send multiple texts to him. Texts show they are not delivered.
12:30 a.m.: Meek and her son search separately for Brown for 75 minutes.
2 a.m.: Meek contacts the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office to report her son missing; searches throughout Canadian continue.
4:41-4:43 a.m.: Video surveillance records the Durango at three different sites in Canadian.
5:56 a.m.: Hemphill County recreation facility video captures the Durango driving near the public baseball field.
7:05 a.m.: Search helicopters begin to fly over Canadian.
8:40 a.m.: Brown’s car is spotted at the top of a small hill just off a dirt road toward the sewage treatment plant, just east of the baseball field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know if this has been answered anywhere on the forum yet...He was replaced as starter...and made the difficult decision to pursue Theatre. His mother has been quoted locally as saying.." He liked football, but he LOVED theatre." He had also just been cast in a local community theatre production. Someone who knew they were leaving , wouldn't audition for a show.

I'm new on this and just catching up.. anything new? And can we get a hand of how many ppl on here are near the tiny town of Canadian Texas? You don't have to say who or where, just curious. I'm also following the Tara Grinstead case.. seems like some similarities. 🤔😬

I'm new on this and just catching up.. anything new? And can we get a hand of how many ppl on here are near the tiny town of Canadian Texas? You don't have to say who or where, just curious. I'm also following the Tara Grinstead case.. seems like some similarities. ����

Well I am in Amarillo.

If he ran away they would have had to have found info on his laptop. In order to runaway he would have googled certain things to prepare. It seems pretty obvious some kids are involved and I hope they are arrested soon.

Also had he decided to run away, why would he go thru the trouble of hiding his vehicle or walking thru 4 miles of wet marsh in the elements in the dark, and had he been suididal, there's no way he could have covered his tracks afterwards or drive his own vehicle

Is there a way to add a photo on here?
If not, then look up Grant Thomas childress Texas
I don't think there is any family relation, but 100 miles away same age and disappeared the day before tom
🤔🤔🐟🐟

Yes that's him, wow see how close their names are.. but I can't find anything about him, no information online.. just that he may be wearing glasses.. but besides the same last name.. which I double they are related, notice the date he went missing, his she and distance from Canadian is only 108 miles

I think that something went down between him and some local kids and his body is quite possibly in the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18