TX - Three killed, 14 injured in Fort Hood shooting, 2 April 2014 *suspect committed suicide*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you imagine finding out your husband did this, from the MEDIA? :facepalm:
It would be awful enough to know he did that, but to have the world know before you?
Totally unfair. :twocents:

No, I can't imagine. His photo has been in a few media links online also. Just tragic.

Prayers for all the families and for the injured to recover.

:praying:

Can you imagine finding out your husband did this, from the MEDIA? :facepalm:
It would be awful enough to know he did that, but to have the world know before you?
Totally unfair. :twocents:

I wish there was protocol to alert the shooters family before media reported it.

My thoughts as well. Appears to be a breach of protocol if that is what occurred.

MOO

Well "Tyler" already broke a whole bunch of rules... so no reason why someone else would not. :twocents:

Nothing we didn't already know, but I appreciate them keeping us informed. Going to watch Israel Keyes on ID. Nite friends. :loveyou:

I had not heard of Israel Keyes until I read the Texas Monthly article about the Church of Wells in Wells, Tx. I do not live far from Wells, Tx. Looks like his mother and four of his sisters belong to that church. Good gosh, got the freaks from Wells, had David Koresh in Waco not to mention Warren Jeff's Yearning For Zion ranch in Eldorado.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/is-the-church-of-wells-a-cult

ScottGordonNBC5 ‏@ScottGordonNBC5 · 9m
Neighbors say Ivan Lopez moved into apt. 3 weeks ago with wife and young daughter, about 3. "They seemed real sweet," neighbor said @NBCDFW

Awww.

I was going to say probably mental health problems but didn't
I was going to say that Ft. Hood has a large mental health clinic, I didn't.

Heartbreaking for all the families.

Just want to give my thoughts and prayers for all the victims and people in Fort Hood area. I am shocked this happened again. So terribly sad.

Four dead, 16 injured in Fort Hood shooting

KILLEEN, Texas -- Four people are confirmed dead and 16 people are injured following a shooting at Fort Hood, according to Fort Hood III Corps Commanding Lt. Gen. Mark Milley.

According to Fort Hood officials, around 4 p.m. a shooter opened fire in the 1st Medical Brigade area of Fort Hood. Emergency officials responded, and the shooter died of a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was using a 45-caliber semi-automatic pistol.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Fort-Hood-confirms-incident-on-post-253635941.html

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Piers Morgan’s Fort Hood Tweet ‘Dumbest Tweet I’ve Ever Seen’

“That must be the dumbest tweet I’ve ever seen,” Hasselbeck said. “I can’t believe that crossed the twitterverse.”

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan · 9h
'If only there'd been a good guy with a gun...' - such crap. This #FortHood soldier/shooter WAS a good guy. Until he turned bad, with a gun.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/elisabet...-fort-hood-tweet-dumbest-tweet-ive-ever-seen/

I have been having all kinds of random thoughts this morning. Anything I say on this post is JMO.

One of the largest problems we have here in the US is a lack of understanding of mental health issues. For so many years mental issues/problems have been a taboo subject. There has been such a stigma attached that a lot of people refuse to admit to themselves that they, a family member, or friend has a psychological problem. All of the recent mass shootings have been perpetrated by individuals who were clearly in need of psychiatric help, yet none of their relatives or friends stepped forward to warn of potential violence. Why?????? There may be some people who are just born evil, but it's my opinion that a large percentage of people with mental health issues likely have a chemical imbalance of some kind in their brain. That is no more disgraceful than having an appendicitis or gall bladder attack.

True, this latest shooter had sought psychological help but apparently not soon enough. We civilians can't possibly begin to know the horrors of war. Some soldiers handle the stress & horror much better than others. I am a history buff & watch The Military Channel a lot. I have watched WWII vets being interviewed. Some are quite open & willing to talk about their experiences. Still others, even after 70 years, cry when talking about the war. Such is the emotional differences of humans.

I know soldiers must pass a physical exam before being accepted into the army, but I wonder if any psychological testing is done prior to being accepted. Does anyone know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back