GUILTY TX - Tommy McGraw, Beth Wilburn & James Oatis, slain, League City, Nov 1983 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could only find an article from 3 days ago - hoping this is still going on...

Thursday, October 13th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 9am CT) - TX - Thomas Earl McGraw, Jr. (28), Beth Yvette Wilburn (25) & James Craig Oatis (22) all slain in the Corvette Concepts garage, League City, Nov. 2, 1983. *Jesse Dean Kersh (25 @ time of crime/58/now 65) arrested & charged (1/26/16) & indicted (4/21/16) with 3 counts of 1st degree felony murder. Bond $150K.
Trial began on 10/10/22 with jury selection & trial began on 10/11/22. (expected to last 2 weeks).
Case & court info from 2/14/16 to 9/26/22 reference post #35 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...lain-league-city-nov-1983-arrest.32808/page-2

10/10/22 Monday, Jury Selection Day 1: Jury selected. Trial begins on 10/11/22.
10/11/22 Tuesday, Trail Day 1: No info available about jury selection. Trial continues on 10/12/22.

10/12/22 Wednesday, Trial Day 2: No info available. Trial continues on 10/13/22.

The Daily News
@GalvNews

Jury selection will begin Monday in the trial of Jesse Kersh, 64, of Spring, the man accused of the Corvette Concepts triple homicide in the former 1983 cold case.
Jesse Dean Kersh
galvnews.com
Trial set to begin in infamous Corvette Concepts triple homicide
Jury selection will begin Monday in the trial of Jesse Kersh, 64, of Spring, the man accused of the Corvette Concepts triple homicide in the former 1983 cold case.

5:30 AM · Oct 10, 2022·

Trace Harris
@TraceH_news

In Monday’s digital edition of
@GalvNews
learn more about Jesse Kersh, the man set to be tried for the 1983 Corvette Concepts triple homicide #galvnews

11:26 AM · Oct 7, 2022·

@Niner - sent reporter message advising I can't locate this trial on Judge Ellisor's calendar in the 122nd District Court as reported. Maybe we will see an update??

https://mobile.twitter.com/TraceH_news

Last edited:
@Niner - sent reporter message advising I can't locate this trial on Judge Ellisor's calendar in the 122nd District Court as reported. Maybe we will see an update??

UPDATE PER REPORTER'S RESPONSE:

Trace Harris
@TraceH_news

Replying to
@********
and
@GalvNews
It has been pushed back. Not known when it will resume. A jury was assembled, but fell through. There are family members and witnesses from all over the country and they have to schedule the two week trial to accommodate all of them.

8:59 AM · Oct 13, 2022·

@Seattle1 - have a note here to ask you about this case in November.

Any updates yet? TIA! :)

Last edited:
He's following me on Twitter so I think no news means nothing happening until they get the witness schedules worked out. Equally good chance the prosecutor and defense trying to settle this outside of trial. JMO

ETA: Confirming nothing comes up searching by defendant's name or case number.

Okay - thanks. I guess I shall wait until you find out - I won't bother you! :D

@Seattle1 - I know I said I would not bother you on this case - but it has been since December - so any news from your Twitter friend? TIA! :)

@Seattle1 - I know I said I would not bother you on this case - but it has been since December - so any news from your Twitter friend? TIA! :)
I'll follow up and see if any news. There is nothing on the TX court site -- not even historical arrests on Kersh.

I did get a link for the 2016 15 pg Compliant/Probable Cause Affidavit:

ETA:

The first article will be out tomorrow! Hope we are not paywalled.

So this would be Day 3 of trial. Yes, hopefully not a paywall article...

And thanks for the info!

And looked for recent articles - and of course not coming up with any....

I shall wait for that article you mentioned - and start posting his trial stuff.

Okay - got this article in my alerts.

May 3, 2023

The trial in one of the coldest cold cases in Galveston County history — the 1983 Corvette Concepts triple homicide — was nearly derailed after a witness mentioned alleged additional crimes by the defendant.

The trial of Jesse Kersh, 64, of Spring, kicked off Tuesday with testimony from two witnesses laying out the timeline of events, First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Petroff said.

The trial continued Wednesday with testimony from Bob Currie, the manager and owner of Corvette Concepts, a League City auto-repair shop, at the time of the murders.
[.....]
Felony Division Chief Assistant District Attorney Kayla Allen is assisting Petroff in the prosecution of the case.
The trial will continue through Friday and resume Monday and Tuesday, before a break next week and resumes the week of May 15.

So since the article says they will be back on Friday, 5/5 I will post my stuff for the trial then.

I do not know "who" the 2 witnesses from Tuesday are - the ones that set the timeline per the above article. Have not been able to find anything else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back