TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very good news he has finally been arrested for Susan Berman's murder. Justice may be slow but often well-worth waiting for...and hopefully this time he will be convicted, as he should have been in 2003 in Texas.

:behindbar

MOO

I guess I'm not awake yet as I'm missing something. TexMex's article says he was arrested for three murders....his wife, Kathy, Susan Berman...who is the third?

I think the article is wrong. They must be talking about the one that he was acquitted of. Morris Black.

I'm confused also about the out of state warrant. Is it for the murder of Susan for sure?

I guess I'm not awake yet as I'm missing something. TexMex's article says he was arrested for three murders....his wife, Kathy, Susan Berman...who is the third?

He has been suspected in 3 murders, cleared in one (Galveston trial). The other two are Berman and wife
The arrest warrant is out of Los Angeles county

I think the article is wrong. They must be talking about the one that he was acquitted of. Morris Black.

I'm confused also about the out of state warrant. Is it for the murder of Susan for sure?
Susan Berman was murdered in Los Angeles, so yes, the arrest is for her murder. He was suspected of murdering his wife (NY) and acquitted of killing Morris Black (TX).

The final episode of The Jinx airs tonight. I wonder if they'll do a new series that follows him through his arrest and trial. I hope so. I hope they solid evidence in this case. :please:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/15/real-estate-heir-robert-durst-arrested-in-new-orleans/

Real estate heir Robert Durst was arrested Saturday in New Orleans on murder charges, his attorney said Sunday.
Durst was taken into custody around 11 p.m. local time. He is being held on a first degree warrant out of Los Angeles County by the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office.

One episode of "The Jinx" series highlighted a never-before-seen handwritten letter discovered by Berman's stepson, Sareb Kaufman, who believes it was sent by Durst to Berman a year before her death, KTRK reports. Kaufman claims the letter carries similarities to an anonymous note sent to police by the person believed to be Berman’s killer. The anonymous letter reportedly includes details that only the killer would know.

The letter sent to Berman was recently handed over to California police, who reopened their investigation into Berman’s death, the channel reported.

See what happens when you get too full of yourself, Durst? SMH

I hope hope hope this trial will be streamed or televised. Trial by tweet is difficult to follow.

I'm looking forward to following this case and I hope there is a conviction. Also hoping for a televised trial. Does anyone know if they have a sunshine law in California? It's always helpful to be able to read the discovery and not have to rely solely on the media reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/15/real-estate-heir-robert-durst-arrested-in-new-orleans/

Real estate heir Robert Durst was arrested Saturday in New Orleans on murder charges, his attorney said Sunday.
Durst was taken into custody around 11 p.m. local time. He is being held on a first degree warrant out of Los Angeles County by the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office.

One episode of "The Jinx" series highlighted a never-before-seen handwritten letter discovered by Berman's stepson, Sareb Kaufman, who believes it was sent by Durst to Berman a year before her death, KTRK reports. Kaufman claims the letter carries similarities to an anonymous note sent to police by the person believed to be Berman’s killer. The anonymous letter reportedly includes details that only the killer would know.

The letter sent to Berman was recently handed over to California police, who reopened their investigation into Berman’s death, the channel reported.

I recall that too. I think a handwriting expert said it looked liked Durst's writing, IIRC. I hope it's something he said in the documentary that led to this arrest.

See what happens when you get too full of yourself, Durst? SMH

I hope hope hope this trial will be streamed or televised. Trial by tweet is difficult to follow.

I don't think he is full of himself. I believe that he really does not believe he has done anything wrong. I think in his mind all his killings were necessary and he had no other choice. He is a scary murderer.

Who didn't know this was coming??? That handwriting is not almost a match but exactly a match.

Glad he was stupid enough to be caught. I so wish they would find Kathleen so they could get him on that too.

I don't think he is full of himself. I believe that he really does not believe he has done anything wrong. I think in his mind all his killings were necessary and he had no other choice. He is a scary murderer.

Who didn't know this was coming??? That handwriting is not almost a match but exactly a match.

Glad he was stupid enough to be caught. I so wish they would find Kathleen so they could get him on that too.

After last week's episode, I was afraid he would try to flee the country while waiting to see if LA would press charges, and then fight extradition. Well, Robert, you wanted to be interviewed and give your side of the story. Be careful what you wish for.

Very good news he has finally been arrested for Susan Berman's murder. Justice may be slow but often well-worth waiting for...and hopefully this time he will be convicted, as he should have been in 2003 in Texas.

:behindbar

MOO

Just seen this on CNN! Prayers do work!

Just seen this on CNN! Prayers do work!
Yes they do. Now I'm curious who will be prosecuting him and who the judge will be. This is going to be in Los Angeles, after all! Hopefully no one will "feel sorry" for the old man.

:judge:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back