TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found a similar article the other day about Mrs. Durst's fall. However, its from the day before when it was being called a suicde.

http://bklyn.newspapers.com/image/52904906/

I can see it being an accident. In those days asthma was usually treated with the pill form of prednisone, which can cause wild mood swings, and then combined with barbiturates.

When Anderson Cooper's brother jumped out of a high story building in the 80's, it was ruled a suicide, but his mother Gloria Vanderbilt said it was the result of his asthma medication IIRC it was years later she accepted it was a suicide.

I can see it being an accident. In those days asthma was usually treated with the pill form of prednisone, which can cause wild mood swings, and then combined with barbiturates.

When Anderson Cooper's brother jumped out of a high story building in the 80's, it was ruled a suicide, but his mother Gloria Vanderbilt said it was the result of his asthma medication IIRC it was years later she accepted it was a suicide.

In the Jinx, Robert Durst said he was 7 when his mother jumped off the roof and he earlier said that he was 7 years older than his youngest sibling, so my first thought was that she was perhaps suffering from some postpartum depression/psychosis.

In the Jinx, Robert Durst said he was 7 when his mother jumped off the roof and he earlier said that he was 7 years older than his youngest sibling, so my first thought was that she was perhaps suffering from some postpartum depression/psychosis.

Could be, one child was born in Jan 1950, she died Nov 1950.

Yes. Robert was the oldest born in April of 1943
Douglas born in December of 1944
Then Wendy
Then Thomas in January 1950

So...4 kids in seven years...

Anybody who read my post about a story written by one of our professors in the north coast journal, ignore it. This professor is clearly a whack job. In her story she seems to be condemning the media for irresponsible reporting, yet she admitted to lying in the story. Apparently doing exactly what she complained about. I personally think making fun of murder be it human or animal is just NOT FUNNY.

Well just had dinner... Pork chops and gravy and came back to see if there is more news.

I believe this man is a psychopath. I believe he killed all three and possibly more. I so hope that they get a chance to get him to LA.

rbbm.

Sorry to bring this up again, but cannot stop wondering if D. could possibly be involved in the dismemberment of a 9 months pregnant woman in 1976.
She was found in suitcases lined with The New York Times, in PA - isotope testing suggests she was born in Europe, but probably raised in Tennessee.
Could D have been in any of those places in that timeline?

"Beth Doe'
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...aby-169UFPA-16-22-Dec-76-2&highlight=beth+doe

That jumped out at me as well. That can happen to ANY woman out of the blue. Also, I haven't heard anything else about his mother's mental health but if it was something like depression, bipolar, etc., we know that can run in families. I am curious if she may have had something passed on to one or more of the children.

I ran across this, I don't know if it has been posted before, possibly, but I had not read it until today. The link is to a discussion Bobbi Bacha had before the Vanity Fair Confidential about Durst aired. The link has the whole discussion and below that is the part about the connection between Durst and the Black Brothers. If it is true, I wouldn't be surprised if Kathy isn't compost somewhere on the farm that the Durst's still own. Sorry, it won't let me post the .com info, so I am deleting the link, but maybe you could find the story if you search Bobbi Bacha?

Well, what I discovered didn't match with what Robert attested to in court.
Basically, what I was finding out was that he did most likely actually know Morris Black.
According to Harry Black (which was one of the brothers to Morris), he had told his widow that they knew each other, that they the Black brothers knew Durst very well.

According to what Harry Black was reporting, they met Durst at a Durst organization farm - Douglas Durst invested in one of the largest farms in North America. It's an organic farm. It's huge. And the Black brothers claimed to be working at the farm. And that's how they met, how the Black brothers Morris & Harry, first met met Robert Durst.

Robert and his brother were both into organic stuff. Douglas Durst was totally into organic farming, Robert was into organic everything else, like health food & stuff. And that was in the movie, ALL GOOD THINGS, because that was the name of Robert & Kathie Durt's shop when they got married - all organic things. All Good Things
We believe it was eventually Douglas Durst's farm, or a farm he was looking to and eventually invested in. He invested in one of the largest organic farms in the early to mid 80's. It's about 500 acres, and it's called McEnroe Farms. And Douglas Durst invested in it - I think he might be the chairman of it also. But Douglas Durst and the owner of the farm are very close friends and business partners.

The story goes back & forth on when it actually started, but the original owner of the farm claims that Durst invested in the early 80s in some articles I've read, just after aka they Durst its sales red. which would make sense, Doug's a friend of his in some relationship in farming checking things out first ). Now, it is the largest organic farm in North America.

So that's possibly where Robert met Harry & Morris. Because the stories are back and forth on when this farm actually started - mid-80's, late-80's - the farm was actually THERE already but the actual investment from Durst's organization was actually early 80's at that time the land size increased.
The McEnroe story on their website has it late 80's.
So this would be the only "Durst Organization Farm" that I could think of concerning the Black brothers story.

So they met, and according to what Harry's widow said, that when the two Black brothers (who were ex Merchant Marines) began working at a construction company FOR Robert Durst. But she said it was willy-nilly - there was no name, no actual work site they'd go to, just money coming in.

Basically, after that, oddly the brothers (who had no money - they were raised in a very very poor family - they would do ANYTHING for money) after they met with Durst, after Kathie disappeared, suddenly both the brothers had lots & lots of money.

Harry Black and some of his investment accounts, which I had copies of, had almost $90K or more, Morris Black had almost equal amounts.
When Morris died, Harry said that "bury Morse with his money, he's got money" and they'd been estranged since Kathie disappeared. So it was odd, how would he know that his brother had so much money?

So the discrepancies were that first of all:
Durst does not get along with others. He doesn't make friends. Neither did Morris Black. So the story of Durst coming down dress in very bad drag, making friends with this cantankerous old man that nobody in Galveston wanted to be around - the odds of that are zero. Because Durst does not make friends. Morris was not making friends.
I believe that Durst went to kill Susan Berman because she knew something about the Kathie Dursts murder. And then he went to Galveston to kill Morris Black because he helped cover up the murder somehow for Robert Durst.

And I believe the next person on the black was Harry Black. When I located Harry Black, he said he **** his pants because he thought nobody could ever find him.
He was in hiding.

Harry Black lived a mysterious life himself and He told me, he said "You're so good at finding people they need to drop you in Afghanistan to find Osama Bin Laden."
So I found Harry Black almost immediately after the murder in 2001 - and Harry wanted me to find Out the truth. He was in a predicament. Since He apparently already knew about the murder, he knew about Robert Durst, and he knew about all the connections, but yet, he wasn't sure if Durst's high powered attorneys could get Durst out of jail. And Harry didn't want to say a word more to me until that happened. He was afraid, living off the grid his real name was Meyer yet he used a common name of Harry.Even though I believe Harry was probably doing the same things his brother Morris was doing for a living - whatever those were - to make lots of money, because they never had any real listed job.

Think of it. He's got to live, he has some family members, even though he's hiding, living off the grid in Florida, he didn't want to be found - he wasn't using his real name - he's in a predicament.

Here's a guy on the loose Robert Durst, who's possibly going to kill him - Harry WAS harder to find than Morris, and Robert did have access to LexisNexis - which is a expensive people research tool... so basically, I believe Robert Durst lied about knowing Morris Black. I believe Robert Durst knew Morris Black quite well.

And Durst basically said on THE JINX that his attorney said "hey, whatever works, just go with that story." Almost like what ever you make up that sounds like a believable story just say it and we will,go with it.

That's not exactly the wording, but that's what they meant - basically it's not lying, if it works. What's a workable, plausible explanation that people could believe .... remember, the only persons who knew the facts in that room were Morris Black, who's dead, and Durst. So Durst can say ANYTHING. And the truth will never be known.
So whatever works, I guess? They made up a nice plausible scenario. Just like they made up the scenario that the "boogeyman" Jeanine Piro was after him. She wasn't after him at all. Her department investigator Joe Besserra - not her - was looking into investigating the missing case of Kathie Durst.

Jeanine didn't even announce that she was looking into Durst until AFTER Morris had died.
So how could she be the boogeyman? She wasn't even in the scenario until after Morris was dead.
So the attorneys used this to paint a incorrect picture. And there was no head found on Morris Black - and gee, there's no head found...believe what Durst says.

Holy cow!! Was curious what childhood home looked like and started researching location....

Eventually saw this below...

" #1 Historian 2015-01-08 16:49
Bernice Durst apparently fell from the roof at 27 Hampton Road (as reported in the Yonkers Herald Statesman, November 10, 1950, p. 19)"

here...
http://scarsdale10583.com/about-joomla/shout-it-out/4464-scarsdale-in-the-news

and guess what house appears to be currently on the market?? You can totally see how easy it was for his mom to step right out the master bedroom window onto the back roof.... yikes!

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/27-Hampton-Rd_Scarsdale_NY_10583_M43265-83795

Holy cow!! Was curious what childhood home looked like and started researching location....

Eventually saw this below...

" #1 Historian 2015-01-08 16:49
Bernice Durst apparently fell from the roof at 27 Hampton Road (as reported in the Yonkers Herald Statesman, November 10, 1950, p. 19)"

here...
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/27-Hampton-Rd_Scarsdale_NY_10583_M43265-83795

and guess what house appears to be currently on the market?? You can totally see how easy it was for his mom to step right out the master bedroom window onto the back roof.... yikes!

This is the house. I must have just been listed this week. Nice find! Nice to get an inside glimpse. Relatively speaking, it is far from the jewel of the neighborhood. It is also under-priced in comparison to adjacent homes. I bet the current owners are getting a lot of traffic lately and finally listed it.

As for where Bernice took her tumble, there are conflicting reports. From viewing the exterior in person (little can really been seen it's overgrown) she either stepped out on a small overhang at the side of the home above the sloping driveway(about 2 flights up) or jumped from the flat roof of the stone arched car portico in the rear, which is only 1 story high. Pic I took below of small roof.

http://i.imgur.com/AvUeDEk.jpg

Excerpt from "A Deadly Secret"..

A DEADLY SECRET
By Matt Birkbeck
Copyright 2002 and 2010 MATT BIRKBECK
All Rights Reserved

PROLOGUE

A cold wind blew easily through the thick oak trees that protected the palatial home on Hampton Road, pressing down the almost bare branches and forcing them back and forth in rhythmic fashion, blowing off the few remaining leaves, which were swept out into the open air.

Some of the leaves were hurled to the ground while others were caught in the draft and forced upward, landing on the roof of the picturesque two-story home and at the bare feet of a woman, who was standing alone in the cool, nighttime air, high above the concrete driveway, wearing only a nightgown and robe.

Below her, in the driveway, was Scarsdale police Sergeant Vincent Jural, who arrived at the house around 8:30 P.M., the wailing sounds of a fire engine not too far behind in the distance.

Jural spent several minutes trying to convince the woman to sit down, since the dark brown, ceramic roof was pitched sharply, making it almost impossible for someone to on it without losing her balance. But there she stood, her toes pointed downward, her weight supported by the balls of her feet, performing a kind of balancing act as she looked up toward the starry fall sky, oblivious to the elements.

Standing nervously behind Jural were three men. Just a half hour earlier they had been sitting in the living room, discussing the woman’s condition, a radio turned on in the background, a newscaster reporting that United Nations forces were battling the Chinese in Korea.

With cigar and cigarette smoke slowly rising toward the ceiling, their quiet discussion about depression and paranoia had been interrupted by a loud scream. It came from a little boy, only seven, who had ventured into his mother’s bedroom to see she if she was comfortable. Instead he found the bed empty, and he raced through the upper floors, frantically searching from room to room, then running down the stairs.

He found his mother.

“Mommy! Mommy!” he said, panting. “Mommy’s on the roof!”

“On the roof? Where?” said the boy’s father, jumping up from his seat.

“In the back. Over the garage. Hurry up,” he said. “We have to get her.”

The three men followed the boy, who ran toward the back of the home, out through the kitchen, and onto the driveway.

“Look, up there,” the boys said, pointing.

The men could see her, standing above a second floor bedroom window and far above the driveway, which was sloped downward, half a floor below the ground level.

“Bernice, Bernice, are you all right?” shouted one of the men. “You have to get down from there. Do you hear me? Walk over to the window and come back inside.”

The woman slowly turned her head and looked down towards the men, focusing on her husband, but she did not reply. She stood there, staring intensely, before taking her eyes off him and redirecting her blank gaze out beyond the trees.

“Somebody call the police,” said the husband.

The call went out at 8:18 P.M., and the husband, wearing a pained expression on his face, greeted Jural upon his arrival.

“She’s in the back, on the roof,” he said.

As the two men took hurried steps, Jural asked why was up on the roof in thirty-five-degree November weather.

The explanation was brief: his wife had suffered what appeared to be an asthma attack earlier in the day. The doctor gave her some prescription medication, which helped her fall asleep.

The man said he was in the living room talking with his father-in-law and the doctor, thinking his wife was still asleep, when they heard his oldest son scream.

Jural was now in the back of the house looking up at the woman, knowing he had to get her off the roof.

“Ma’am. Can you just sit tight while I come up there to help you back into the house?”

“No, I’m not ready to come in,” she said.

“Are you okay?”

The woman didn’t answer.

The fire truck finally pulled up to the front of the house, and Jural yelled out for someone to tell the firemen to bring a long ladder.

The firemen unhooked an extension ladder and two of them, each carrying one end, headed down the driveway, the truck’s flashing red lights attracting several neighbors like moths to a porch light. They swarmed, gawking, from the side of the house between the swaying oak trees.

The all elusive PROOF! No head, no body, no prints.........It makes me crazy. So many places, names, players. If I had a theory as to Doug's involvement it would include Morris and Meyer Black, The Durst Pine Plains Farm and Carvel property. Just IMO :)

I ran across this, I don't know if it has been posted before, possibly, but I had not read it until today. The link is to a discussion Bobbi Bacha had before the Vanity Fair Confidential about Durst aired. The link has the whole discussion and below that is the part about the connection between Durst and the Black Brothers. If it is true, I wouldn't be surprised if Kathy isn't compost somewhere on the farm that the Durst's still own. Sorry, it won't let me post the .com info, so I am deleting the link, but maybe you could find the story if you search Bobbi Bacha?

Well, what I discovered didn't match with what Robert attested to in court.
Basically, what I was finding out was that he did most likely actually know Morris Black.
According to Harry Black (which was one of the brothers to Morris), he had told his widow that they knew each other, that they the Black brothers knew Durst very well...................

I've felt that this connection did not/does not get the attention it deserves in both RD connection to Morris' murder and Kathie's murder(body at farm?) Apparently Jaracki was looking into the connection as well as he has "Ted Hanley" listed as someone of interest on his working blackboard in a Jinx scene.

http://i.imgur.com/2jte8sC.png?2

2000 article Bracha; "Before moving to Texas, Black lived in a series of low-rent apartments or motels in North Charleston, S.C. In Galveston, Black became acquainted with Ted Hanley, the director of a group that helps the homeless and needy. Hanley said Black was hot-tempered. "He said to me things like, 'There are terrible problems I can't talk about and that nobody would ever understand,' " Hanley said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/durst-spot-wanted-show-article-1.922594

Also, Meyer Harry Black's widow made statements in the past about Harry knowing far more than he ever told. I'll source it if I can find it again.

Also obsessed about "South Salem cottage on Truesdale Lake" for a few hours the other day and was dying to see it. All I could find after much digging was "Hoyt St."
Also had old pics of lakeside view and front view from years ago pre-construction. Read somewhere that it underwent major construction and was "almost unrecognizable".

Totally OCD'd walking around the entire neighborhood on Google earth satellite "street view" trying to recognize the original frame of the house and found it. That one also sold recently. If you zoom in on the property at street view you can see they have barbed wire electric fencing of some kind to presumably keep ppl out.

Screenshot_2015-03-28-03-27-15-1.jpg

Lol---it figures!! I had way too much fun trotting around 2-3 miles of lakefront property as a Google creature though :)
It's funny how Google gives you another numeric as you're in front of the house (off by a few) but the mailbox gave it away :copcar:

And of course- now that I KNOW the address you can type it in and the old Getty image pops right up in yahoo images grrrrrrrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back