TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In response to Mr. Mayor at that meeting talking about releasing this video....

First, he said they did for "ratings and money". Really? I mean, c'mon - really? Then he said he hasn't even seen it. Nope! Don't buy it. Quit lying.

I just wish the kids in Robb Elementary would have as "protected" as the guy(s) this mayor is trying so hard to protect. Maybe we wouldn't be here right now.

Just sayin............................

JMHO

Last edited:

I saw some similar reactions from the parents last night on Anderson Cooper, as reported by Shimon Prokupecz, who has been following this story intensely.

Apparently, many of the parents are very upset that this video was leaked. They had planned to watch it together and in privacy before the public got to see it.

This mom, who knew her daughter was being slaughtered during the time the cops were milling around, or maybe dead before they got there, ALSO had to watch her LE husband being restrained from rescuing his daughter and others.

That husband is an Iraqi war veteran as well as a cop, and I imagine nothing on earth would have stopped him from blasting his way in there to try to rescue his daughter and the other victims, except the orders of a superior and his brother cops holding him back. This part is very difficult for me to fathom.

All the LE that I know here in NYC would've disobeyed at least to rescue their own child and face the consequences later. Whatever those consequences might be. Losing your job and benefits, going on trial for disobeying orders, even losing your own life, whatever, does not compare to losing your child. Right down the hall from you, when you are trained in both war and law enforcement on how to use a weapon.

Speechless.

So many questions, maybe someone here knows.

Were these two classrooms connected? I didn't see if he came out of one and went to the next. If connected did the 2nd classroom have a door to the hall? Which lock was broken?

Were these two classrooms connected? I didn't see if he came out of one and went to the next. If connected did the 2nd classroom have a door to the hall? Which lock was broken?
Yes, they were internally connected (open to both sides) and yes, they both had external doors. The door to room 111 was the one with the broken lock.

In response to Mr. Mayor at that meeting talking about releasing this video....

First, he said they did for "ratings and money". Really? I mean, c'mon - really? Then he said he hasn't even seen it. Nope! Don't buy it. Quit lying.

I just wish the kids in Robb Elementary would have as "protected" as the guy(s) this mayor is trying so hard to protect. Maybe we wouldn't be here right now.

Just sayin............................

JMHO
I think the Mayor's outrage is that the video was made public before the parents had a chance to see it. The newspaper knew that the parents were scheduled to view the video this Sunday. So in that regard, I think some of the criticism is justified.

And I still can't wrap my mind about how somebody like this demented teen could put his hands on these weapons.
I'm also following the other case: Highland Park - 4th July shooting -
and ask myself the same question.
A drug addict and weapon with hundreds of bullets.
Both murderers were walking red flags.

A jack and jill bathroom connected classrooms 111 & 112. Both classroom doors to the hallway were unlocked, and the broken lock on the door to Mr. Reye's classroom (#111) was reported to school officials numerous times.

He says for at least two years his classroom's doorknob was broken and would not lock, an issue he asked to get fixed multiple times to no avail.

I saw some similar reactions from the parents last night on Anderson Cooper, as reported by Shimon Prokupecz, who has been following this story intensely.

Apparently, many of the parents are very upset that this video was leaked. They had planned to watch it together and in privacy before the public got to see it.

This mom, who knew her daughter was being slaughtered during the time the cops were milling around, or maybe dead before they got there, ALSO had to watch her LE husband being restrained from rescuing his daughter and others.

That husband is an Iraqi war veteran as well as a cop, and I imagine nothing on earth would have stopped him from blasting his way in there to try to rescue his daughter and the other victims, except the orders of a superior and his brother cops holding him back. This part is very difficult for me to fathom.

All the LE that I know here in NYC would've disobeyed at least to rescue their own child and face the consequences later. Whatever those consequences might be. Losing your job and benefits, going on trial for disobeying orders, even losing your own life, whatever, does not compare to losing your child. Right down the hall from you, when you are trained in both war and law enforcement on how to use a weapon.

Speechless.
^^BBM

IMO, there must be more than one video at play here. Personally, I only watched the 1-hour and 22-minute length video released by KVUE/ABC (YouTube posted up-thread) and this video did not depict any parent/officer being detained or restrained as described above.

I've also posted my observations labeled #1 - #3 of the KVUE video up-thread and understood this video was first given to the parents on Sunday, July 10. If they decided not to watch it before KVUE released it to the public on Tuesday, May 12, that was their choice. I don't believe the criticism of the media here is warranted. MOO

ETA: Gov Abbott also appeared on KVUE on Monday, 7/11, and at that time, he requested the video released. Again, KVUE released the video on Tuesday.

Last edited:
^^BBM

IMO, there must be more than one video at play here. Personally, I only watched the 1-hour and 22-minute length video released by KVUE/ABC (YouTube posted up-thread) and this video did not depict any parent/officer being detained or restrained as described above.

I've also posted my observations labeled #1 - #3 up-thread and understood this video was first given to the parents on Sunday, July 10. If they decided not to watch it before KVUE released it to the public on Tuesday, May 12, that was their choice. I don't believe the criticism of the media here is warranted. MOO
At 12:50:18 I believe this is what they are talking about. The 2 LE on the right- one has a hold of the other's back collar. I think that is the LE that is the father - I'm not sure because I watched for that also. I don't think we have that video where the husband is disarmed and removed from the scene - I think that happened on the other end of the hallway from the view we were given.

JMHO

At 12:50:18 I believe this is what they are talking about. The 2 LE on the right- one has a hold of the other's back collar. I think that is the LE that is the father - I'm not sure because I watched for that also. I don't think we have that video where the husband is disarmed and removed from the scene - I think that happened on the other end of the hallway from the view we were given.

JMHO
I'm sorry, the timestamp by OP does not correspond to the video I'm familiar with so I assume it was a leaked video or other than the 1 HR, 22 MIN video by KVUE.

I'm sorry, the timestamp by OP does not correspond to the video I'm familiar with so I assume it was a leaked video or other than the 1 HR, 22 MIN video by KVUE.
That is the video I used. I'm going by the time in the upper left - which is the actual time of day. At 12:50:02 they breached - you can hear all the gunfire. In the video there are 2 LE on the right hand side. One has his hand on the other's collar. I think that is what they are talking about, but I don't think the is the LE that was the teacher's husband.

I've seen the video. The police don't seem to know what they're doing, and many of them look afraid. I've never seen such a display of cowardice in my life. You have to see it to believe it.

The issues of training and leadership are paramount in these situations. The lower grade officers would have no idea what they don't know. There appears to have been little training (in person or table top)--no idea where are the keys, where to stand and make yourself less of a target while waiting for orders, no continual narration from leadership to keep those out of sight of those rooms aware of what is happening. It is truly embarrassing and appalling.

While I can't say how many lives would have been saved if they had been trained (he was using a weapon that shreds and does horrible damage--especially close range), I would never sleep again if my child was slaughtered in that building. I would have a horrible image of my child dying alone, crying out for help and none coming. Thinking that crucial minutes were wasted this folly would only exacerbate my grief.

I am not sure I can watch the video but the snippets I have seen does make me think about if there were two gunmen or this was a coordinated attack many of these officers could have also been victims.

I keep sending healing and grace thoughts to these families. At each turn, the story gets more devastating.

Joe Moody
@moodyforelpaso

This is the husband of teacher Eva Mireles, who contacted him on his phone from her classroom while he was on-scene to say that she’d been shot and was dying.
View attachment 354179
Wow
I somehow thought he was outside wearing civilian clothes, and got the message while being at the hairdresser's.

I must have confused him with another officer from Border Patrol who wasn't on duty then.

Last edited:
That is the video I used. I'm going by the time in the upper left - which is the actual time of day. At 12:50:02 they breached - you can hear all the gunfire. In the video there are 2 LE on the right hand side. One has his hand on the other's collar. I think that is what they are talking about, but I don't think the is the LE that was the teacher's husband.
Thank you -- please see MSM tweet at post #314. These are not the same men.

Also, thanks for the clarification that OP was referencing the "real-time clock" versus the YT minute marker (which in comparison is expended with only 40 seconds remaining)!

Wow
I somehow thought he was outside wearing civilian clothes, and got the message while being at the hairdresser's.

But maybe I got him confused with an officer from Border Patrol who wasn't on duty then.
Ooops!
That would be the Border Patrol husband in civilian clothes that came to the school with his barber. He's not the husband of Eva Mireles.

That would be the Border Patrol husband in civilian clothes that came to the school with his barber. He's not the husband of Eva Mireles.

Yes!!!
Thank you.
Thank God his wife and daughter survived!

I thought this man was the husband of Mrs Mireles.

Dustin Burrows
@Burrows4TX

The committee is aware a portion of the hallway video has been made public. While I am glad that a small portion is now available for the public, I do believe watching the entire segment of law enforcement’s response, or lack thereof, is also important.

2:16 PM · Jul 12, 2022·

I believe this supports that there was a small portion of the hallway video made public on Tuesday, July 12. And even if Monday, this is still after the date video was available to the families (Sunday). MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back