TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A first move to provide for the protection of students in public school would be to harden the points of entry. Move the offices and secretarial staff from the often direct path inside the front doors.

Install strong entry doors and bullet proof glass. Create a foyer with a second set of strong entry doors and bullet proof glass. Hire two dedicated and heavily armed guards to handle all entries therein. This would be similar to Prisons and Courthouses, and a few other hardened facilities in the United States.

Once inside the main lobby of the school, all corridors to the classrooms, the classrooms themselves, and the offices should also have strong, locked, entry doors with bullet proof glass, only accessible by an electronic entry system manned by select office staff.

All ground level windows should be of bullet proof glass. If it's good enough for the Presidential motorcade, is it not good enough for our children? What amount of money should we spend to protect them while they are in school anyway?

Strict policies and procedures need to be in place to keep all other access doors to the building locked at all times during the school day. Entry and exit for gym class, and any other reason one can fathom, should be done only through the front lobby.

Of course, the time of student arrival, and departure, then becomes the logistical nightmare.

No amount of armed LE presence can guarantee safety. Not at school, or anywhere else in the United States. However, strong LE presence when the busses roll in, and when they depart at the end of the day would be helpful.

In this incident, if the school had a hardened main door entryway, this killer would most likely never have gained entry. In fact, in most school shootings, the killer enters through the main lobby doors.

I wonder if public school officials would consider the students worth the immediate investment to put these protective measures in to place?
Children should not need to be in a quasi-prison to get an education. IMO, if our solution is turn a place of learning into a fortress, we aren't dealing with the real problem which is how to prevent mass shooters in the first place.

I know in my town the elementary school also has a buzzer.

I don't think many elementary schools have security personnel (cops), as you're not dealing with the issues you'd encounter in a high school.

It seems this guy was able to get in easy. Too easy.

In my suburb area, all schools have only one access door, a buzzer and an armed resource officer who checks you in and runs your id and copies it to a photo id that fades over the course of the day. High tech. Of course, I am not far from Sandy Hook so it made a distinct impact on the 100 mile radius in CT and NY.

Natasha Bertrand
@NatashaBertrand
Sgt. Erick Estrada of the Texas Dept of Public Safety tells
@andersoncooper
the shooter crashed his car near the school, got out with a gun and wearing body armor, was engaged by law enforcement, but made his way into the school anyway and went classroom to classroom shooting.

How did he gain access to the school building?
Oh my, had they taken him out when they could have so many lives would have been spared. So many questions.

I Went to a credit union recently where I could not enter the building without going thru a metal detector and had to put my purse on a tray to be scanned before I could enter, similar to airport security procedures. But a gunman can enter an elementary school wearing body armor and kill 20 people?!? Unbelievable.

I Went to a credit union recently where I could not enter the building without going thru a metal detector and had to put my purse on a tray to be scanned before I could enter, similar to airport security procedures. But a gunman can enter an elementary school wearing body armor and kill 20 people?!? Unbelievable.
Exactly.

Public schools need to mirror hardened facilities in the United States. To NOT do so is absolute negligence.

Children should not need to be in a quasi-prison to get an education. IMO, if our solution is turn a place of learning into a fortress, we aren't dealing with the real problem which is how to prevent mass shooters in the first place.
When I enter an airport or government building, it’s like entering a fortress. It was weird the first few years, but we adjusted. Don’t our kids deserve the same level of protection as our officials receive?

I had an old article about this topic but can’t locate it now. But yes, in part, it was to prevent people from copying the page, editing, then reposting it, pretending they were the perp.

Social media sites are now acting accordingly, to prevent proliferation. After the Buffalo shooting Twitter responded.
“We believe the hateful and discriminatory views promoted in content produced by perpetrators are harmful for society and that their dissemination should be limited in order to prevent perpetrators from publicizing their message,” Twitter said in a statement.

smart.

For those saying that it's impossible to watch everyone and to avoid these tragedies. It isn't. An attack at a University was prevented in my country because the suspect was being watched online. The irony is that it was the FBI that contacted the authorities in my country about this person. So, why can't the FBI monitor people in the US too? This is 100% preventable.

Man, 18 innocent children gone.

Maybe the FBI was watching him but didn't act or sent police and they didn't follow through. I'd LOVE to know these answers. Why does this keep on happening and no one seems to know how to stop it?

E2EBE127-15F3-47D8-A8CB-B6D232B57FCF.jpeg

May Eva Mireles Rest In Peace

‘A 44 year-old teacher has been named as the first victim of the Texas elementary school massacre, as a frantic father shared a photo of his missing 10 year-old daughter.

Eva Mireles, a special ed teacher at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, was confirmed to have died by relatives Tuesday night.’

The gunman, who was wearing body armor and had hinted on social media of an upcoming attack, crashed his car outside the school and went inside armed, Sgt. Erick Estrada of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN.

A Border Patrol agent who was working nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about it.

Maybe the FBI was watching him but didn't act or sent police and they didn't follow through. I'd LOVE to know these answers. Why does this keep on happening and no one seems to know how to stop it?
Many ideas have been floated. But politics, costs, and debate stand in the way of action.

Step 1: thoughts and prayers
Step 2: now is not the time to politicize
Step 3: nothing we could do to prevent this
Step 4: next mass shooting
Step 5: repeat

We just keep on failing our children.

The gunman, who was wearing body armor and had hinted on social media of an upcoming attack, crashed his car outside the school and went inside armed, Sgt. Erick Estrada of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN.

A Border Patrol agent who was working nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about it.
Were the school doors unlocked? Did he just walk right in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member