GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is also about to start a huge rainfall here too, I hope that LE has fully checked the creek for any evidence in both directions because we are supposed to get record rainfall and if evidence hasnt been collected, it could be lost?

And I so hope anything that could help nail this *advertiser censored* has been found?

Kathy

Somebody asked up thread if she was in or out of the van when she was found. I found this.

Joseph Noriega discovered Hastings’ body after he was flagged down by a young man who said there was a girl in a creek who needed help. As he walked down, the man disappeared, but he found the body of Hastings.

“She was not in the van,” Noriega said. “She was on the white rock bed and when I saw the pool of blood and the color of her skin I could just tell that she had died. I called out to her and I looked to see if she was breathing and I could not see any movement.”

http://www.fox4news.com/news/32420351-story

If you think your efforts are interfering with the investigation I would just call the LE before you begin. Ask them. Better safe than sorry.

Excellent idea. I will call the substation in the area before I do any canvassing.

Cyrptic,

The vehicle was found in the 11700 block of Dixfield Drive off of Lippitt Drive. It's a pretty, winding neighborhood, off the main road. If you drive by the location, you will see where people are leaving flowers in the field nearby the creek where the car was found.

Thanks for the information. I noticed that a creek extends from Dixfield Drive all the way to the 635. Urban creeks in culverts are often used by homeless as highways and they also like overpasses to shelter under.

In addition, people in a panic will often instinctually flee to an area they know- even if fleeing there does not make sense at the time. The perpetrator (said to be homeless) may know that creek and feel comfortable there. Dang, I wish there were no heavy rains forecasted. I would walk the entire creek to I 635 and look for encampments. But.... me getting caught in a flash flood wont do Zoe any good.

I am going to canvass the under passes of I 635 (Plano, Jupiter, 78 and Shiloh). The perpetrator could have headed South to the I-30 area on the creek highways, but that would mean walking around the arboretum- a tony area. My bet is that he escaped north and maybe some of the homeless up on the I-635 can help the police.

Unless the police have objections, I"ll canvass the creeks themselves early next week.

The description is in the video with this article. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wo...-a-Car-Found-in-a-Dallas-Creek-332078282.html
J.N. says, "What's killing me is that she was laying there, trying to seek comfort and trying to get help."

Somebody asked up thread if she was in or out of the van when she was found. I found this.

Joseph Noriega discovered Hastings’ body after he was flagged down by a young man who said there was a girl in a creek who needed help. As he walked down, the man disappeared, but he found the body of Hastings.

“She was not in the van,” Noriega said. “She was on the white rock bed and when I saw the pool of blood and the color of her skin I could just tell that she had died. I called out to her and I looked to see if she was breathing and I could not see any movement.”

http://www.fox4news.com/news/32420351-story

Sorry for the messed up multi-quote.

I wanted to bring up georgiajean's link to a video interview with Noriega which contradicts his other statement that she had died. ???

From that same Fox news when listening to it the second time nothing was taken.

I don't think a homeless person would hijack a vehicle, take a young girl, kill her and take nothing.

What would be his purpose in the abduction other than money?

Strange.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on that.

There are many questions about this case but there is little doubt that the killer knew the area very well. The Dixfield grassy spot is well hidden and someone driving Zoe's vehicle in an area where the streets are so narrow anyone could see from their kitchen windows who is driving the car would not have been meandering around for hours to find a "good" spot. He knew exactly where he was going. Same reason I think he would have taken Easton rather than Peavy going North. Easton has 2 lanes on each sides, houses are farther, speed is faster, yet not he heavy traffic of Buchner. Just IMO

One simple reason why I think that may be she may have known him, or at least he may have been familiar is that he appears to know the area extremely well. Top of my list for a place they may have met: a gym, how about the White Rock YMCA. Homeless or not he likely goes to a gym regularly (showers).

Another question: does the Honda Odyssey 2007 have a childsafe lockout mechanism: ie it becomes impossible to open the front doors from the inside unless you use the keyfob or the dash board switch located on the left of the driver or is that only for the sliding doors?

And again the question of why did they go to Newcombe? could it just be that it was simply part of the lie he had concocted to get in the car in the first place, so he would have kept pretending for a bit. Then it came time to go where he had planned all along. I smell premeditation.

Too bad about the rain to (re)comb the creeks. How about Easton? did they talk to home owners there?

Periscope is just an app where you use your cell phone to film and people can text you while you are filming. Cool stuff

Also. If it is true that Zoe simply slid over and let the person drive then the only thing that makes sense is that she had driven with the person before and that the person asked to drive because they were going to a place that the perp knew how to get to but Zoe did not. Like this conversation. Hey Zoe. John called and I am trying to get to his house. He lives on Pluto street. I don't know where that is. Well scoot over and I will drive. That is the only scenario which would be a friendly here you drive my van scenario. My other scenario would be very bad scary homeless guy with a knife days move it now or I will use this knife. However I favor the first scenario due to the witness description

This large park like area where the van was found...what is this. Is it a place people picnic, walk, smoke a little pot or a lovers lane type place?

Also can this area be seen from anything. It looks to me like a big field with trees all around it.

There is a killer on the loose, don't wander creek beds without telling LE. Just not wise, especially your not knowing it and possibly the perp knowing very well.

Although, I will admit I didnt realize the creek went that far. Explains why our dog that was an afghan hound and loved to run ended up north of 635 when we lived there and we couldnt figure out how the heck a 12 year old dog was in north Dallas near Richardson and had crossed major roads and highways. If the dog might have traversed that far undetected or hurt, why couldnt a person?

Please dont wander creeks alone though. I do feel she didnt know him and it was random & he didnt steal from her. So we know he is out there, an evil guy. Please be very careful.

Kathy

Kids cutting class from Robert T Hill did used to go down there and I assume smoke pot. I lived on top of Country club and backyard faced school. There was odd foot traffic down there with dog walkers too. Including me at times. But it was 88-90 so 25 years ago when I was there but not much has changed.

K

So I am back to the fact that she was 18 and about to leave for a mission. This area was frequented by kids. She knew this area. That would say not random homeless rather known suitor who she did not like. She would maybe let him drive the van. Hmmm

Periscope is just an app where you use your cell phone to film and people can text you while you are filming. Cool stuff

Also. If it is true that Zoe simply slid over and let the person drive then the only thing that makes sense is that she had driven with the person before and that the person asked to drive because they were going to a place that the perp knew how to get to but Zoe did not. Like this conversation. Hey Zoe. John called and I am trying to get to his house. He lives on Pluto street. I don't know where that is. Well scoot over and I will drive. That is the only scenario which would be a friendly here you drive my van scenario. My other scenario would be very bad scary homeless guy with a knife days move it now or I will use this knife. However I favor the first scenario due to the witness description

BBM. This is what I'm leaning towards. She was surprised and scared out of her mind and did as she was told.

I am firmly in the camp she didnt know him, he was a total stranger and he was armed, threatened her and she was in shock.

I do not think she willingly let anyone in the car.

Kathy

What is a 'mission'. What does that mean in the church she was a member of. I keep reading about it here but have no idea what that means.

BTW is this a heavily populated LDS community?

Cardinal, about the grassy area, if you max the resolution on Google sat view you can see clearly a figure 8 ..seems like kids went there to "practice" with a car

I will absolutely side with Alivada about NOT going alone in these creeks (killer on the loose or not as a matter of fact). To me it is a "network " of trails used by a lot of people who prefer to stay out of sight, whatever the reason. Wild life for sure (although I would not expect these little guys to be dangerous-even coyotes). I would only be comfortable going with 4-5 people.

This large park like area where the van was found...what is this. Is it a place people picnic, walk, smoke a little pot or a lovers lane type place?

Also can this area be seen from anything. It looks to me like a big field with trees all around it.

Once you drive by the area where her vehicle was found, it looks VERY different than the pictures taken and published in the news. It's actually a very pretty neighborhood with nice homes facing the open area. Naomi44 was exactly right when she said someone in the homes would see right out their kitchen/living area and see anything that was going on.

$46,000 collected in one of the accounts. People certainly loved her and this money will help with all the expenses. Sigh. What a sad time for her family.

Hey Cardinal, do you recall who did all the stellar map work during the Casey Anthony Trial? I recall they had a detailed timeline and had many points of her travels pinned and google images of the various areas she had been. The forum is too huge and I am unsure how to access something that old, but do feel like something similar might be of help here.

As much as I can recall about various cases and forums over the years here, I am goofy when it comes to tackling something myself and knowing how to post once completed here. Dang, half the time I am on a tablet and have challenges cutting and pasting. But I would like to do something here and if you can remember which member did those pinned maps I can better snoop around in the forum and might easier find inspiration.

Thanks,

Kathy
Kathy

Please dont wander creeks alone though. I do feel she didnt know him and it was random & he didnt steal from her. So we know he is out there, an evil guy. Please be very careful.

Kathy

Thanks for the sound advice. I will inform what I intend to do. To be safe, I have no intention of approaching anybody who even remotely resembles the suspect when I pass out the phamphlets. Instead, I"ll just leave the area and call it in. Likewise, I will be very vigilant about somebody who resembles him approaching me. Saturday will just be over pass homeless on I 635. When I walk the creek itself, I"ll ask another guy at work to come with me. Again, thanks for the cautions.

What is a 'mission'. What does that mean in the church she was a member of. I keep reading about it here but have no idea what that means.

BTW is this a heavily populated LDS community?

"Mission" is the door to door conversion drives that Mormons do. In the past, it was near mandatory for all male mormons to spend two years doing this. Now, I think the rules have been relaxed so that the full two years is no longer quite so mandatory for the men and they also allow females to do it (perhaps unofficially).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar
Back