GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember you said that before. What does he mean?

I kind of took it to mean the lab report???

I took it mean if DNA didn't solve it, it would take a witness or someone who would "talk". I don't know how long it takes for DNA to come in. To me it means they don't have much.

I have three girls one who is about to start driving herself, I try to teach them common sense and I try to teach them not to be naïve although that something you really can't teach.

Instead of just "telling them" how to think and what to be wary of personally I would SHOW them. There are plenty of videos online showing real life attacks. The nanny cam video comes to mind, that shows how fast, brutal and uncontrollable real violence is.

Seeing actual video is 1000 times more powerful then yet another "warning from mother", let them watch and draw their own conclusions.

Video of young woman being hit and robbed while walking down the street: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBO2Wlr3LhU

Video showing teens why they want to keep the doors locked (sliders):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkghjJ55BU

Instead of just "telling them" how to think and what to be wary of personally I would SHOW them. There are plenty of videos online showing real life attacks. The nanny cam video comes to mind, that shows how fast, brutal and uncontrollable real violence is.

Seeing actual video is 1000 times more powerful then yet another "warning from mother", let them watch and draw their own conclusions.

Video of young woman being hit and robbed while walking down the street: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBO2Wlr3LhU

Video showing teens why they want to keep the doors locked (sliders):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkghjJ55BU

Thanks for posting those videos Sonya - Truly good info that show how these incidents can happen in the blink of an eye. Scary stuff but very important for all of us to be more aware of our surroundings.

Video: THEY NEED TO CHECK THE VIDEO FROM THE DART BUS that stops 30 feet from the Redbox at the Walgreens. It is route 60--I checked the DART website. DART installed video cameras in 2013. I feel that it is a strong possibility that this guy gets off the DART bus at that stop, and there will be video of it unless LE moves too slowly and the storage is wiped. Maybe this has happened already but LE needs to check it out, then show the photos of people getting off the bus to the woman who was assaulted at knifepoint in July 2018.

Here are the schedules for route 60 on the Sunday that Zoe was attacked: https://www.dart.org/schedules/x060in.htm https://www.dart.org/schedules/x060ou.htm

Dianewms, if you can pass this on to the detective working the case I would appreciate it.

Thanks for posting those videos Sonya - Truly good info that show how these incidents can happen in the blink of an eye. Scary stuff but very important for all of us to be more aware of this our surroundings.

Yeah there was another one (slow so I didn't post) of a carjacking at a walgreens. Woman gets in her car and is sitting there with the doors unlocked, a guy walks up and opens the back door gets in (woman runs away, guy steals vehicle).

That is the sort of thing that a teenager thinks can't happen to them. I always keep the car doors locked, my niece on the other hand used to say "Why do I need to lock my car doors? I don't have anything they want to steal" :rolleyes:

I find this case so similiar yo Morgan Harrington's. Her killer attempted to assault a woman a couple of years earlier. They had DNA. Then he killed Morgan. DNA left again. They could not connect the two due to DNA laws protecting the killer.

He went on to stalk and murder Hannah
Graham.

The Police Chief went after this killer like HIS own life depended on it.

The killer was arrested down in Texas because of the police work and a city, Charlottesvill, VA.

Zoe needs a hero like that. No arrests and no news conferences make everybody forget and that's never good!

Zoe deserves so much more.

If Dan laws protect killers that is easy to fix. You become interested in a certain case. You contact your state representative and say that the law needs to be changed. You explain why. Then you work to get the laws changed. Instead of affecting one life you protect thousands

Video: THEY NEED TO CHECK THE VIDEO FROM THE DART BUS that stops 30 feet from the Redbox at the Walgreens. It is route 60--I checked the DART website. DART installed video cameras in 2013. I feel that it is a strong possibility that this guy gets off the DART bus at that stop, and there will be video of it unless LE moves too slowly and the storage is wiped. Maybe this has happened already but LE needs to check it out, then show the photos of people getting off the bus to the woman who was assaulted at knifepoint in July 2018.

Here are the schedules for route 60 on the Sunday that Zoe was attacked: https://www.dart.org/schedules/x060in.htm https://www.dart.org/schedules/x060ou.htm

Dianewms, if you can pass this on to the detective working the case I would appreciate it.

Scott Sayers 214 671-3647

I found this so you can read about what I am talking about.

In a nutshell. They are trying to get anybody doing anything in the data bank so when those that kill leave DNA it will be an easy trace to the killer.

Killers aren't usually one time offenders. They have history.

http://www.c-ville.com/watered-dna-bills-pass-va-house-senate/#.VivEBStCxVd

For those of you on phones and not able to get the link.

Accused Hannah Graham-murderer Jesse Matthew, who was convicted of trespassing in 2010, inspired three bills in the General Assembly to add misdemeanors to the crimes for which DNA samples are collected. However, the versions that passed would not have prevented Matthew from crossing paths with Graham last September.

Had Matthew been buccal swabbed for DNA in 2010 after the trespassing conviction, he would have matched DNA taken from both a brutal 2005 attack in Fairfax and the 2009 murder of Morgan Harrington, and been in jail the night Graham wandered up the Downtown Mall, said proponents of the bills.

Local delegates Rob Bell and David Toscano and Senator Mark Obenshain got bills passed last week that target 13 misdemeanors, most of which involve sex crimes like indecent exposure, attempted rape and peeping—but not trespassing.

Albemarle Sheriff Chip Harding, who pushed to get Virginia’s DNA databank funded back in the ’90s, wants to see DNA samples taken for all Class 1 misdemeanors, which is done in New York. Harding said he’s grateful for this first step, and noted that it took New York seven years to get its legislation passed. In particular, he wants trespassing, petit larceny and assault and battery on the list because of the large number of hits connecting those crimes with more serious felonies.

“I think it’s a win,” he said of the legislation that next goes to Governor Terry McAuliffe’s desk. “I was hoping for a bigger win. I feel very confident that the next 10 years, we’ll have all Class 1 misdemeanors in the databank.”

About the video of the woman getting mugged on the street posted by Sonya, 2 basic precautions I used to take in Chicago:

1-it is deserted, at night, if people (or anyone) come towards me on the same sidewalk I WILL cross the street. At least now you have a few fraction of second more to assess their intentions. Be ready to run and blow that alarm whistle that should be around your neck. You should also have on your belt a phone ready to send a panic 911 alarm at the press of a button. That goes for deserted parking garages too.

2- But mostly allways LET YOUR PURSE GO without opposition. At night unless the area is ultra safe, your purse should only be a decoy. Your valuables are in a pocket or better a hidden pocket. Chicago tip 101: your purse should contain a decoy wallet with perhaps $60-100 dollars. Actually that goes for Europe too, plenty of purse snatchers there, sometimes they will be on a bike and grab your bag as you are near the edge of a sidewalk. People have been dragged and hurt not wanting to let their bag go.

Just saw on Twitter that an arrest has been made. Details to follow. James Rose from fox 4 news

From Sulamith:
I wonder if the US is just more violent than a lot of European countries. When we were stationed with the US Army in Germany, years ago, I asked one of the Army wives how safe it would be to walk/jog around, during the day, after dark. She told me the only thing I had to watch out for were the US soldiers!

One time my husband and I were walking to our car in a rather dark parking lot after attending a play. I did not see anybody else around. This guy starts walking with us asking my for money. I told him sorry, but no. My husband kept talking to him and I kept whispering to my husband to ask him to leave us alone. I did not want this guy anywhere near us or our car. I just walked ahead and the guy was still talking to my husband, the dweeb. I turned around and yelled "Back off!" It worked and he walked off. I had read an article about not being afraid to yell at a person who won't leave you alone. Act confident and do not show fear. There is a time and a place to be nice.

in Europe you are not likely to get killed for a little money, but pickpockets are masters (especially in the subway. My father got his wallet "lifted" from the breast pocket of his suit right under his nose... must have been a really interesting conversation he was having...

There are 2 issues with being off guard first you are off guard (!), and second you LOOK off guard ie a good potential victim as opposed to someone who the perp perceives as likely to be nothing but trouble. The perception part may be the strongest deterrent: I have a friend who is a martial arts experts and always wore some extra baggy pants; he used to walk all over the city at any time and he loved those music clubs in the worse area of town. Nothing ever happened to him... I asked him what he did when 2 guys were coming towards him in a deserted street, he said I give them a little smile. Thar smile of his I have seen and it says "come and get it..."

I think the reason all my male friends and coworkers got mugged is "oblivious confidence" they did not have the little smile, they had the "dweeb" smile, oh nothing can possibly happen to us, we are 2 (or 3!) guys, but then the guns show up...
A friend is ready to get in his building, he starts opening the door (building hallway) although he notices this guy right behind him, he holds the door for him. He gets to the mail boxes and feels something poking him in the back.. . If someone arrives as I am ready to open the building door I put the key back in my pocket turn around and say: please go ahead

From presser:

DNA matched Antonio Lamar Cochran.

Arrested in apartmentt in NE Dallas. $1 million bond. Capital murder charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back