GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I certainly feel this witness can be trusted. But the poor guy, I would never blame him. Interracial couples including blond women and black men are not rare-thankfully, so unless you are sure to have seen the entire interaction and something is logically clearly amiss, or you have a very strong feeling (from observing facial expressions), it is hard to call 911. May I say especially if you are a black man in this case.

I am very neighborhood watch orientated so I will not hesitate to call for help if I cannot go and verify myself that all is fine. But I am a woman and I have learned over the years that it pays to be defensive and follow your instinct. Sometimes your eyes and your brain connect resulting in a feeling that somehow bypasses consciousness. I have learned to accept those "events", and I don't mind looking like a moron for a bit.

I think I would have asked myself: do I feel safe to appoach -perhaps pretending to go to the red box? I would have wanted to get close enough at least to see the facial expressions, asking a silly question like: is there a Walmart nearby?
But I am pretty sure that I would not have felt it was safe to go, because the scene was consistent with an abduction. Hence since I could not make sure all was fine I would have called it in.
I hate to say that, but even if I did not feel safe to approach the car I might have tried to follow it from a good distance thinking there is only one guy, he cannot have his eyes everywhere....

Dedee posted :
My apologies, in advance, for expressing my tenderness.

Out of respect for the 18yo victim of the fatal and horrendous crimes against her, please refrain from speculating about her experience with tinder. I am grievously disturbed that LEO released this particular information. Please let us show restraint in publicly sleuthing this matter as we demonstrate respect for this precious victim who did not deserve to be murdered no matter what she did prior.

There is not much we can do for Zoe at this point, but individuals like AC are common enough and if anything positive can come out of this terrible event perhaps it is to help prevent something similar happening to the next girl.
We are not theorizing, but rather comparing a hypothesis to another. We (I) would like to get as close as possible to the truth/reality of what happened when all is said and done. Aside from that what is the point of coming to this site??

The Tinder stuff is just a fact, and is or is not an element of the puzzle.

One does not get at the truth by injecting feelings into the analysis. Knowing exactly what happened makes it a precedent easier for people to remember and adjust their awareness as a consequence.

Kathy said:
Looking at the map, if the witness was back at work later in the afternoon when AC walked by wearing different clothes he was on peavy road.

Why Peavy? is there a tattoo parlor there?
There is a tattoo parlor: Sacred Tattoo on Easton (almost at the corner with Garland)

Kathy,
sorry, I just read the cbs text: the tattoo shop is behind the Walgreens on Garland. Forget Easton.

I thought contraband tattoo at 1145 peavy road ..I didn't realize there's so many so close.

Kathy

I think I would have asked myself: do I feel safe to appoach -perhaps pretending to go to the red box? I would have wanted to get close enough at least to see the facial expressions, asking a silly question like: is there a Walmart nearby?
But I am pretty sure that I would not have felt it was safe to go, because the scene was consistent with an abduction. Hence since I could not make sure all was fine I would have called it in.

Predators (unless they are out of their mind on drugs) weigh risks and benefits. If someone had intervened, possibly by walking up and calling out to Zoe pretending they knew her, then chances are the guy would have backed off.

Zoe would have been spared, but the guy would have walked away free and clear and he would have raped/killed another girl or possibly multiple girls before he was caught.

I believe he planned to kill her all along. If he abducted/raped her and let her live she would have called 911 and they would have nabbed him before he got back to his car.

IMO he is the perfect candidate for execution, I hope the DA doesn't cut a plea deal.

Just reading all of this today. How terribly sad, and senseless. And to think he abducted her in public, where people actually saw him. Just horrific. I am so sad for Zoe's family, and for Zoe ~ she must have been terrified.

The Tinder stuff is just a fact, and is or is not an element of the puzzle.

One does not get at the truth by injecting feelings into the analysis. Knowing exactly what happened makes it a precedent easier for people to remember and adjust their awareness as a consequence.

Tinder is relevant. Tinder is based on Facebook photos. Facebook insists that "real names" be used and verifies new users via phone.

If an individual saw a photo on Tinder and wanted to research it they can find the Facebook profile by using Google Image Search. Now that anonymous Tinder photo is linked to a Facebook profile which includes a real name, relatives, friends, personal info etc...

IMO that is an Internet predators ideal playground.

From what we have read so far it sounds like he may have targeted her specifically, he sat in his car and then went over to her and stopped her from getting back in her vehicle. If that is the case he could have seen her on the web app and figured out where she lived and followed her to the Walgreen's. It is certainly within the realm of possibility.

(For the record I am not in any way judging folks that use dating sites, I used to use adult friend finder and that site is far more blatant than Tinder, I had a LOT of fun with no regrets however sites that link to personal info are another thing entirely IMO).

IMO that is an Internet predators ideal playground.

From what we have read so far it sounds like he may have targeted her specifically, he sat in his car and then went over to her and stopped her from getting back in her vehicle. If that is the case he could have seen her on the web app and figured out where she lived and followed her to the Walgreen's. It is certainly within the realm of possibility.

(For the record I am not in any way judging folks that use dating sites

I agree completely. My statement "Tinder is a fact" was meant to say "without any judgement".

I also think That Zoe must have used her own identity on Tinder, unfortunately.

However, I do not think Facebook verifies that people use their real names or ever has. I know enough people who do not use their real name there. In fact it is a recommended way for people who want to be anonymous on Tinder to set up a "fake" Facebook to link to...

If Zoe used "Zoe" on Tinder it is easy to search Facebook with just "Zoe", the pictures will verify it is the correct account. Yep, it would have been really easy for AC.

Just caught with this case...

Does anyone know "when" this creep will be in court?

:tyou: in advance!

Knowing how teens tell way too much...sigh...I wonder of Zoe on some social media such as facebook or twitter announced her plans for the evening?
Some girls keep their pages pretty shut down. Others tell everything!

MOO

Nothing posted detailing too much on social media, in fact my daughter too seems bored with Facebook & Twitter. Zoe hadn't posted since an August trip it looks like ...nor her family, so if I can't see it as a friend of a friend ....highly doubtful a non "friend" could see anything there to know the plans for that afternoon.

I don't think he saw her online, I think he just decided on that Walgreen and waited til he found a woman alone.

We need to stay alert, not just for ourselves but for others and I do like the "are you ok sis" ideas that you do act like you know the person ....Imagine if the witness had approached calling out even the wrong name ....anything to distract, as much as he would have stayed on the streets and still had evil intent ....how do we make it harder for these assaults to occur??

So heartbreaking.

Imagine if the witness had approached calling out even the wrong name ....anything to distract, as much as he would have stayed on the streets and still had evil intent ....how do we make it harder for these assaults to occur??

In this case the ethnic dynamic would have kept some folks from intervening, fact is if you did walk over and say something (even pretend to know her) and these two really DID know each other then you could easily be called the dreaded "r" word.

That wouldn't bother me but I do think plenty of people would avoid intervening if they thought they could be perceived that way.

Nothing posted detailing too much on social media, in fact my daughter too seems bored with Facebook & Twitter. Zoe hadn't posted since an August trip it looks like ...nor her family, so if I can't see it as a friend of a friend ....highly doubtful a non "friend" could see anything there to know the plans for that afternoon.

I don't think he saw her online, I think he just decided on that Walgreen and waited til he found a woman alone.

We need to stay alert, not just for ourselves but for others and I do like the "are you ok sis" ideas that you do act like you know the person ....Imagine if the witness had approached calling out even the wrong name ....anything to distract, as much as he would have stayed on the streets and still had evil intent ....how do we make it harder for these assaults to occur??

So heartbreaking.

Kids change. They jump from one social media page to another. They know parents are watching and they move around.

Facebook to Twitter to Instagram and who knows what else.

Zoe had a different group of friends than when she was younger. Old friends move and new ones join the group. I would guess her friends easily told LE which site they were all using.

It is also possible that a lot of the recent activity online has been deleted by her family (after a printout for LE). just anticipating the public curiosity, I know I would have.

About being uncomfortable to intervene at Walgreens because it was a biracial couple: that is why I thought I would have asked an "info" kind of question like "do you know if there is a Walmart nearby?" because in the end it does not matter what she says, it is the face-body language that is telling.

But I also know that I am too much of a chicken to have come close if I really suspected a crime in progress. I would have called the cops and tailed the car.

when I grow up I may get a gun and get solid training using it under "pressure" (and resume the martial arts training started long ago) so I can be more "useful"...

In defense of the witness I think he did the best he could do by coming forward and telling what he saw.

I believe there is a code among young people. They don't get involved in another's business. Especially guys.

I think he would have done something if he thought she was in danger.

Honestly I have a feeling the black community will not be kind to him for doing what he did by doing the interview and telling what he saw.

MOO

From whats been reported and witnessed, it sounds to me that he had this all planned out.

Weapon, wig and change of clothes.

Ugh. Poor Zoe. So heartbreaking the evil that exists in our world.

Rest in peace

I believe he planned to kill her all along. If he abducted/raped her and let her live she would have called 911 and they would have nabbed him before he got back to his car.

IMO he is the perfect candidate for execution, I hope the DA doesn't cut a plea deal.

Respectfully snipped quoted post for relevance

That simply is not true. Let's stick to the facts as the witness, Lester Clark, told LEO and the news reporter rather than spreading any falsehoods.

"Sitting in his car, with the door open. What happens next begins a chain of events that Lester plays back time and time again he told me. Hastings returned her movie, turned around and began walking back to her van. As she sits, that man in the gray car, now identified as Antonio Cochran, steps out, and urgently walks to the driver’s door of Zoe’s van. He didn’t run, but he was going fast enough that Lester found that odd. It caught his attention. Didn’t seem right. His radar is up. Then, as Zoe’s door was nearly closed, Cochran stuffed his hand in, and pulled the door back open. Clark says the moment now has his full attention."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/30/key-witness-in-slain-teens-investigation-recalls-abduction/

The video at the link of the witness is powerful when LC demonstrates with his fist how the alleged murderer stuck his own fist through the barely open door to prevent Zoe from closing it. The witness says: "He shoves his hand in...snatches the door open." This happens while Zoe is sitting in the driver's seat of her vehicle.

Respectfully snipped quoted post for relevance

That simply is not true. Let's stick to the facts as the witness, Lester Clark, told LEO and the news reporter rather than spreading any falsehoods.

"Sitting in his car, with the door open. What happens next begins a chain of events that Lester plays back time and time again he told me. Hastings returned her movie, turned around and began walking back to her van. As she sits, that man in the gray car, now identified as Antonio Cochran, steps out, and urgently walks to the driver’s door of Zoe’s van. He didn’t run, but he was going fast enough that Lester found that odd. It caught his attention. Didn’t seem right. His radar is up. Then, as Zoe’s door was nearly closed, Cochran stuffed his hand in, and pulled the door back open. Clark says the moment now has his full attention."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/30/key-witness-in-slain-teens-investigation-recalls-abduction/

The video at the link of the witness is powerful when LC demonstrates with his fist how the alleged murderer stuck his own fist through the barely open door to prevent Zoe from closing it. The witness says: "He shoves his hand in...snatches the door open." This happens while Zoe is sitting in the driver's seat of her vehicle.
I wish Zoe would have SCREAMED and hit him, and caused a scene. Why did AC have
so much confidence?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory