TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added all but 1 locations from the warrant to the Case Map https://drive.google.com/open?id=19RLQS68va30_91opQbe2DdU5BRU&usp=sharing

I say all but 1 because I'm having a map fail!! If anyone can help me out.

I cannot find where the F-150 truck was located - 2405 West Hwy 90.

What I got close

Big Bend Coca Cola Bottling Co

2305 W Highway 90
Alpine, TX 79830

Lines-Bow Park Mobile Home Park
Address

2408 West Highway 90, Alpine, TX 79830

And The Antelope Lodge (which is next to Bow Park)

2310 W. Highway 90, Alpine, Texas 79830

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2498+US-90,+Alpine,+TX+79830/@30.3543273,-103.6888003,396m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x86efda81e03ccb1f:0x265a4b5daa48c2a7!8m2!3d30.3543396!4d-103.6877185

I'm wondering what prompted RF to call and report Zuzu missing. I think he was waiting until the parents contacted him. This is just my opinion. I don't know that Zuzu's mother called him for sure. I believe he knew when they started calling regarding where Zuzu was that he better report her missing in an attempt to look not guilty - he failed! I don't expect him to ever man up. He's a loser and a coward.

Rather than protest, they should split up into groups of 3 and 4 people and start running up and down dirt roads on the outskirts of town. Try doing something that might yield results.

RF isn't going to talk, they're wasting their time. RF only reported her missing after he was certain he had his tracks covered.

They should do that too, but you have to think the Verk's must appreciate their passion and outpouring. I would.
But yes, saddle up!

Something else that is still nagging me....somewhere I read that there was social media that RF wanted deleted. Snapchats delete themselves. So is there contact by messaging that was on the computer that he needed to get deleted?

What was on social media that was incriminating and wouldnt automatically delete itself.
I think he possibly had some arguments with ZuZu over social media. Maybe Facebook messenger or something, and he possibly threatened her, and wanted the messages deleted.

Fyi- I'm not going to find a link right now, but I learned through a couple of other cases that although Snapchat disappears for users, Snapchat and LE can access old snaps when needed.

Yep. Anything you post is captured for eternity. Check out the way back machine.

I'm wondering what prompted RF to call and report Zuzu missing.
Either her mom inquiring or the camping trip she had planned with friends. He drug it out as long a possible. Had plenty of time (from Wed am to Fri pm) to cover his tracks. Also, he left his computer with Cabos on Friday as well.

Either her mom inquiring or the camping trip she had planned with friends. He drug it out as long a possible. Had plenty of time (from Wed am to Fri pm) to cover his tracks. Also, he left his computer with Cabos on Friday as well.

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting about the camping trip I guess because Zuzu never got to go camping. I wonder if RF was angry about Zuzu going on a camping trip without him? He couldn't control her.

Ladies dump that jerk the first time he makes you cry.

Do we know if RF called or messaged Zuzu after early Wednesday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post. This aligns with my original thinking of the location, which I posted up thread. Off 118. I especially agree it will be a place he knew well growing up. Fishing hole area, hunting, etc. I think you are spot on. As far as CE and implicating him intentionally...wow. Didn't think of that, but it makes sense. This guy is a piece of work.

I'm not giving this guy credit for being crafty enough to intentionally implicate his friend. If he were that smart, he would have just picked a friend who wouldn't rat him out.

Do we know if RF called or messaged Zuzu after early Wednesday?

Now that's a brilliant question. It would certainly speak volumes if he didn't. But then again, I'm sure he'd come up with some explanation.

I also believe there is something significant to the time Zuzu's phone was turned off/went dead. Wednesday, Oct 12th at 6:30am. Would smashing/destroying a cell phone be the same as a dead battery? In other words, does the signal being lost indicate options beside the battery being dead?

All you need to do is submerge it in water. Within a few minutes, it would be done for good.

Thirty-nine guests are here. We are outnumbered almost two to one. Please join us!

Now that's a brilliant question. It would certainly speak volumes if he didn't. But then again, I'm sure he'd come up with some explanation.

I'd also like to know his reason for not being the one to personally go to the police station to file the missing person report after calling for the welfare check. I suspect he didn't want to slip up somehow while talking to them. Did he send someone? If so, who?

Hello everyone. And sorry texaswanderer, I guess I accidentally kinda stole your name.

I'm one of the countless volunteer SAR pros who has searched for Zuzu. Obviously I can't say much due to the active investigation. I will not compromise the investigation, but feel free to ask questions, I just might not be able to answer.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the well-wishes.

I am also so impressed with the response by APD and BCSO. Seriously, wow. I've been doing this for a while and have worked alongside countless LE agencies and I'm amazed by how well these agencies are doing with such a large, rugged area to search and so few resources of their own. They had no hesitation and wasted no time in calling in the cavalry.

Big kudos to the town of Alpine. Amazing people. Local restaurants donated food, ranchers sought us out to give us their gate codes and full access to their property, they even kindly went out of their way to drive by and warn us about hazards in the area. I saw multiple posters at every single business I went to. I've heard her family was being well taken care of by the community as well.

The Verks are lovely people who were there daily and went out of their way to thank us individually. They desperately want Zuzu back, and so do we. We'll be back out there in a heartbeat if requested back by LE.

This case has hit me really hard. :(

Although it's a bit of a slog at times, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker should be required reading for everyone, but especially women. Zuzu was feeling fear of RF. Sadly, not heeding that fear was probably fatal. :(

An excerpt from the end of the first chapter which contains a chilling example (read the whole chapter at the NYT link):

Because of my sustained look at violence, because I have predicted the behavior of murderers, stalkers, would-be assassins, rejected boyfriends, estranged husbands, angry former employees, mass killers, and others, I am called an expert. I may have learned many lessons, but my basic premise in these pages is that you too are an expert at predicting violent behavior. Like every creature, you can know when you are in the presence of danger. You have the gift of a brilliant internal guardian that stands ready to warn you of hazards and guide you through risky situations.

I've learned some lessons about safety through years of asking people who've suffered violence, "Could you have seen this coming?" Most often they say, "No, it just came out of nowhere," but if I am quiet, if I wait a moment, here comes the information: "I felt uneasy when I first met that guy..." or "Now that I think of it, I was suspicious when he approached me," or "I realize now I had seen that car earlier in the day."

Of course, if they realize it now, they knew it then. We all see the signals because there is a universal code of violence. You'll find some of what you need to break that code in the following chapters, but most of it is in you.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/b/becker-fear.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_of_Fear

Oh and I agree with texaswanderer. It's a really bad idea to put untrained folks out there. Not only could they jeopardize the investigation, mishandle evidence etc, this is very tricky terrain, with spotty cell coverage. Don't want a second search and rescue incident distracting from the first.

Is there a missing flyer in Spanish that has been circulated? I saw a poster on SM and think it may be a good idea to get one circulating in the Presido/border area. Anyone on here Bilingual who could create a flyer for Zulu in Spanish? Maybe it could be approved by the family first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member