TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting! I live in Midland, which is about 2 1/2-3 hours NE of Alpine. I saw some Odessa folks posting as well- Hey ya'll :)

http://www.yourbasin.com/news/zuzus...vily-on-laundry-room-in-his-apartment-complex

In regards to the above article from our local news, I am wondering what (if anything) they may have found in the laundry room. If there was any type of "clean-up" (bedding, clothes, towels) and the need for a quick one, the laundry room on the premises would most likely have been used. MOO, of course!

Lifting Zuzu up in prayer <3

This is my first time posting! I live in Midland, which is about 2 1/2-3 hours NE of Alpine. I saw some Odessa folks posting as well- Hey ya'll :)

http://www.yourbasin.com/news/zuzus...vily-on-laundry-room-in-his-apartment-complex

In regards to the above article from our local news, I am wondering what (if anything) they may have found in the laundry room. If there was any type of "clean-up" (bedding, clothes, towels) and the need for a quick one, the laundry room on the premises would most likely have been used. MOO, of course!

Welcome!

Taken from that article
Bloomer remembers seeing Zuzu's car at Fabian's apartment two days before she went missing.

"It was just odd and you started thinking well maybe she just went somewhere for the weekend, but when it ran into two weeks, you start to think, gee," said Bloomer.

Two weeks? Was Zuzu's car still at his house? I thought it was found parked at her place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to snapchat, probably not relevant, however... Zuzu's brother, Miles, gained access to Zuzu's snapchat and sent out a snap on 10/20 stating that he was attempting to assist Alpine PD and asked for anyone that had seen any of Zuzu's snaps between 10/10 - 10/12 to contact Alpine PD with the details of those snaps. My daughter didn't recall any snaps and says that it was very rare that Zuzu posted any "stories" on snapchat. But, hopefully she sent direct snaps to someone and that was helpful to APD.

The moral of the story is maybe snaps aren't quite AS recoverable as we'd hope.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great post. This aligns with my original thinking of the location, which I posted up thread. Off 118. I especially agree it will be a place he knew well growing up. Fishing hole area, hunting, etc. I think you are spot on. As far as CE and implicating him intentionally...wow. Didn't think of that, but it makes sense. This guy is a piece of work.
Yesterday, we were in an area outside of Fort Stockton and Pecos, South of I-10. (I work in the oilfield, and travel every day in the area.) The chopper was doing a lot of flying in that area. I honestly don't know exactly where we were because it was down lease roads and small county roads, but we were close enough to Alpine for the crime map that was made by the member here to pop up. I had saved it in my Google Maps.

They're at the landfill in Odessa this afternoon, looking through trash because part of Alpine's garbage was dumped there.

The Grand Jury will meet no later than next week on this case.

These people need to realize that it's over. There's no hiding. They should do the right thing.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Hello everyone. And sorry texaswanderer, I guess I accidentally kinda stole your name.

I'm one of the countless volunteer SAR pros who has searched for Zuzu. Obviously I can't say much due to the active investigation. I will not compromise the investigation, but feel free to ask questions, I just might not be able to answer.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the well-wishes.

I am also so impressed with the response by APD and BCSO. Seriously, wow. I've been doing this for a while and have worked alongside countless LE agencies and I'm amazed by how well these agencies are doing with such a large, rugged area to search and so few resources of their own. They had no hesitation and wasted no time in calling in the cavalry.

Big kudos to the town of Alpine. Amazing people. Local restaurants donated food, ranchers sought us out to give us their gate codes and full access to their property, they even kindly went out of their way to drive by and warn us about hazards in the area. I saw multiple posters at every single business I went to. I've heard her family was being well taken care of by the community as well.

The Verks are lovely people who were there daily and went out of their way to thank us individually. They desperately want Zuzu back, and so do we. We'll be back out there in a heartbeat if requested back by LE.

This case has hit me really hard. :(
Thank you for helping to look for her!

Although it's a bit of a slog at times, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker should be required reading for everyone, but especially women. Zuzu was feeling fear of RF. Sadly, not heeding that fear was probably fatal. :(

An excerpt from the end of the first chapter which contains a chilling example (read the whole chapter at the NYT link):

Because of my sustained look at violence, because I have predicted the behavior of murderers, stalkers, would-be assassins, rejected boyfriends, estranged husbands, angry former employees, mass killers, and others, I am called an expert. I may have learned many lessons, but my basic premise in these pages is that you too are an expert at predicting violent behavior. Like every creature, you can know when you are in the presence of danger. You have the gift of a brilliant internal guardian that stands ready to warn you of hazards and guide you through risky situations.

I've learned some lessons about safety through years of asking people who've suffered violence, "Could you have seen this coming?" Most often they say, "No, it just came out of nowhere," but if I am quiet, if I wait a moment, here comes the information: "I felt uneasy when I first met that guy..." or "Now that I think of it, I was suspicious when he approached me," or "I realize now I had seen that car earlier in the day."

Of course, if they realize it now, they knew it then. We all see the signals because there is a universal code of violence. You'll find some of what you need to break that code in the following chapters, but most of it is in you.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/b/becker-fear.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_of_Fear
As a SURVIVOR of extreme domestic violence, looking back, it was crystal clear. I daily pray for others who are as blind as I was at the time.

Why do people think that this stuff will never get traced back to them?

Waving "Hello!" from Winkler County! Welcome!

I was thinking the same thing after I found that CE was worried 1 in the morning. The town looks very small and RF might have been able to walk to CE house to help him out. I wonder if the thump and borrowed truck could have been from swapping out a mattress. The neighbor did say that the bed was being moved around.

I pray for her parents finding her remains to allow proper closure. RF, CE, and other's involved may you get what will soon come to you.
I made this supposition about the mattress sometime back...it makes you wonder.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yesterday, we were in an area outside of Fort Stockton and Pecos, South of I-10. (I work in the oilfield, and travel every day in the area.) The chopper was doing a lot of flying in that area. I honestly don't know exactly where we were because it was down lease roads and small county roads, but we were close enough to Alpine for the crime map that was made by the member here to pop up. I had saved it in my Google Maps.

They're at the landfill in Odessa this afternoon, looking through trash because part of Alpine's garbage was dumped there.

The Grand Jury will meet no later than next week on this case.

These people need to realize that it's over. There's no hiding. They should do the right thing.

Confirmation from APD about the landfill searches. They have been searching landfills since early in the investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/posts/1147546632000628

Also confirmation about the grand jury. Are grand juries usually convened this quickly?!

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Confirmation from APD about the landfill searches. They have been searching landfills since early in the investigation.

Also confirmation about the grand jury. Are grand juries usually convened this quickly?!

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html
APD searches Odessa landfill - Live:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154048199418549&id=258791823548

I remember early in the investigation, IIRC, APD stopped Alpine garbage pick up so dumpsters could be checked. They have been so thorough.

Grand Jury question is no.

Guests, you outnumber WS members on this thread almost two to one. Please join us! You will be welcomed!

I wonder if there is significance to the live coverage of the search in this particular land fill or if they are merely covering the activity to keep the story alive?

Onward, Buttercup! There's ****ery to spread!
Supposedly Alpine trash ends up in a couple of different landfills.

I wonder if there is significance to the live coverage of the search in this particular land fill or if they are merely covering the activity to keep the story alive?

Onward, Buttercup! There's ****ery to spread!

Well... I find it it quite significant because they were holding trash services in Alpine as soon as she was reported missing. It is normal in our area for smaller town to bring their trash to our Landfill. I live here in Odessa.

As far as your last part. Are you calling me Buttercup, and accusing me of spreading ****ery? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Jury question is no.

Thanks. I thought this was really quick for a grand jury. I will say it again, I don't think I've EVER seen as intense an effort by LE on cases I personally follow. Texas rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member