TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zuzu's car...
Since 10/16, LE has maintained that they are seeking information from anyone who had seen RF's and/or Zuzu's vehicle moving between midnight and 10am. Based on that, I assume it was reported seen at her house by 10. As well as RF and his RF's car must have an alibi after 10 a.m. If not, the APD timeframe would be different.

2 a.m. bed shaking
RF realizing she was indeed dead, freaking out and trying to shake her conscious?
Also have other horrible thoughts on why the bed was shaking, but I can't stomach putting them in words.

4 a.m. thump, neighbor went to check and saw just RF leaving
"She wanted me to go check, so I went to go check, and it was just Robert,” Franco said. “Robert was leaving, but his girlfriend's car was still parked out there."
Is it clear that the thump was inside or outside the house? The neighbor initially said he heard a thump on the stairs. Yesterday's story says his gf heard a thump and woke him up to go check.
Could it have been the thump of his Jeep's back gate closing?
RF could very well have had Zuzu in his car before the neighbor saw him leaving.

6:30 a.m. Zuzu's phone is dead
Dead battery or powered off? Was it ever said if LE have her phone?

Add to the above...RF borrowing BIL's truck in the early hours of the morning (possibly when RF left at 4?). Alpine police requested information of anyone seeing it in the early hours on Wednesday. And BIL probably needed it back for work by 7-8 a.m.

Annnnnd... neighbor surely would have noticed if RF returned with the truck and loaded any cargo.

Knowing she had a test to take that morning and not knowing how soon her friends might start looking for her and paying more attention to him, he would have moved her out of his apartment right away.

That leaves a 3-4 hour window of time for RF to load her into his car, go get the truck, move her from his car to truck, take her wherever he took her, return the truck and move her car back home and be back to wherever he was by 10 a.m. APD hasn't been concerned with the whereabouts of CE's car on Wednesday morning (which also makes me wonder if the 1:00 a.m. was actually Wednesday night-Thursday morning). If CE helped RF that morning, then RF probably went to pick him up (25 min. drive each way, highway is fairly patrolled until about 6, kind of risky late night drive). Sounds like CE offered some advice at 3 a.m. and then helped RF tidy up later that morning and evening (then went to his friend's house freaking out).

On a full tank of gas, I give that truck 300 miles. Would RF been foolish enough to stop and put gas in it? Doubtful. If he wasn't moving a body with it, why would he need it so badly at that time of day? Just to scout/prep a location? Also doubtful. Did he just use it to hide the body temporarily and then take it to Mexico that afternoon? Pretty risky and probably could have done that with his own car.

My point...it doesn't make sense she would be very far away. Seems like he hid her body quickly and close by. The southern border searches may be for additional evidence, of course. I still see a lot of helicopter and search activity within city limits, they're going to find her whether he gives them directions or not.

I remember early in the investigation, IIRC, APD stopped Alpine garbage pick up so dumpsters could be checked. They have been so thorough.

Trash pickup was not interrupted.
It was only "handled differently" which I assume means thoroughly inspected at the transfer station. Dumpsters are emptied very regularly. If he put her in a dumpster Wednesday morning (I really hate saying those words, btw), it could have been picked up as soon as an hour later - and as late as early Friday morning.

Well... I find it it quite significant because they were holding trash services in Alpine as soon as she was reported missing. It is normal in our area for smaller town to bring their trash to our Landfill. I live here in Odessa.

As far as your last part. Are you calling me Buttercup, and accusing me of spreading ****ery? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, no on the buttercup part.

I understand about holding the garbage, etc. But why have they not broadcast the searches of the other landfills? What is the significance of this particular landfill? Or is it just *something* to broadcast to keep the momentum of the story?

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This is my first time posting! I live in Midland, which is about 2 1/2-3 hours NE of Alpine. I saw some Odessa folks posting as well- Hey ya'll :)

http://www.yourbasin.com/news/zuzus...vily-on-laundry-room-in-his-apartment-complex

In regards to the above article from our local news, I am wondering what (if anything) they may have found in the laundry room. If there was any type of "clean-up" (bedding, clothes, towels) and the need for a quick one, the laundry room on the premises would most likely have been used. MOO, of course!

Lifting Zuzu up in prayer <3

Hi there!! Or Hey Y'all!! And Go Mojo!

Grand Jury question is no.

High-population counties usually have standing (year-round) grand juries. Small-population counties convene them as needed. It is unusual for one to be convened this quickly, but time is of the essence in preserving evidence. I also think that all the publicity will put pressure on the suspect and POIs, and since this case will probably be a capital offense (punishable by the death penalty), RF needs to think very hard about a plea bargain.

Mexico will not extradite its citizens to countries with the death penalty, and it is possible that RF has dual citizenship, but it'd be hard for him to leave Alpine now.

Why do people think they can get away with crimes? Because they aren't thinking clearly or "normally", or they wouldn't have committed the crime in the first place. RF's lawyer has no doubt advised him of his choices and possible outcomes.

I live in Crane, two hours north of Alpine--my wife and I are closely watching the events unfold. Alpine is a great little town, just went thru there a few weeks ago on the way to the Big Bend (btw, there is both a state park and a national park called Big Bend). Both are huge, but West Texas is amazingly big in general and if you've never been here, you cannot imagine how much area there is to search. That being said, West Texas towns have some of the best people in the world and I know Zuzu will be found, like Hailey Dunn. There won't be any giving up.

Finally just got back on! Yeesh, it was hard to not have access just as the news of the warrants broke. Time to catch up!

I was just reading commentary on one of the news threads showing the landfill search in Odessa. The locals are speculating that someone tipped LE about the landfill. Not sure if there's anything to that, or that they are just checking the landfill because part of Alpine's waste goes there. I wonder if they are looking for evidence there, or Zuzu, or both! I hope to the Lord's good name that he would not put this poor girl (he supposedly loved) in the trash.

I'm wondering what prompted RF to call and report Zuzu missing. I think he was waiting until the parents contacted him. This is just my opinion. I don't know that Zuzu's mother called him for sure. I believe he knew when they started calling regarding where Zuzu was that he better report her missing in an attempt to look not guilty - he failed! I don't expect him to ever man up. He's a loser and a coward.

Exactly!! The same reason Scott Peterson called and told Sharon Rocha that Laci was "missing" and she wasn't "missing" at all he had already dumped her body in the Marina near Richmond CA!!

Welcome!

Taken from that article
Bloomer remembers seeing Zuzu's car at Fabian's apartment two days before she went missing.

"It was just odd and you started thinking well maybe she just went somewhere for the weekend, but when it ran into two weeks, you start to think, gee," said Bloomer.

Two weeks? Was Zuzu's car still at his house? I thought it was found parked at her place?

Here's an interview with one of RF's neighbor's about the laundry room. ABC KMID Channel 2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lM932aziJDI

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
I think the lady in this video mentioned seeing her car previously, then jumped right into the correlation of her car and her being missing. I don't think she meant it was in from of RFs house for two weeks.

Exactly!! The same reason Scott Peterson called and told Sharon Rocha that Laci was "missing" and she wasn't "missing" at all he had already dumped her body in the Marina near Richmond CA!!

IIRC I read in a news report that Robert called Mrs Verk and Mrs Verk made Robert report her missing, since they were not local. Mr Verk then got to Alpine ASAP.

I think the lady in this video mentioned seeing her car previously, then jumped right into the correlation of her car and her being missing. I don't think she meant it was in from of RFs house for two weeks.

I really wish the media would quit using the picture of the two of them together, and just one of the many AMAZING pictures that are available of her. His mug deserves no screen time. And it makes my blood pressure rise every time I see his face. Even if he is not guilty of anything, the simple fact that he refused to cooperate with LE.

I live in Crane, two hours north of Alpine--my wife and I are closely watching the events unfold. Alpine is a great little town, just went thru there a few weeks ago on the way to the Big Bend (btw, there is both a state park and a national park called Big Bend). Both are huge, but West Texas is amazingly big in general and if you've never been here, you cannot imagine how much area there is to search. That being said, West Texas towns have some of the best people in the world and I know Zuzu will be found, like Hailey Dunn. There won't be any giving up.

Sure hope it doesn't take as long as the Hailey Dunn case. And I sure hope there is an arrest in this case unlike hers, which is still mind blowing...
I'm in Odessa.

I really wish the media would quit using the picture of the two of them together, and just one of the many AMAZING pictures that are available of her. His mug deserves no screen time. And it makes my blood pressure rise every time I see his face. Even if he is not guilty of anything, the simple fact that he refused to cooperate with LE.

I was going to post the same thing! It must hurt her family terribly to see that picture of their daughter with the person who is, at the very least, suspected of knowing where she is and hasn't lifted a finger to help them!!

IIRC I read in a news report that Robert called Mrs Verk and Mrs Verk made Robert report her missing, since they were not local. Mr Verk then got to Alpine ASAP.

The original report was that Zuzu's mom called RF on Friday when she could not get a hold of Zuzu for two days. RF told her that Zuzu missed her Wed midterm and did not show up for work. We just recently found out from warrants that Zuzu's mom told RF to call the police. He did but only asked for a welfare check. Zuzu's mom called Alpine PD the same day to report her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove