TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to sort out the timeline...

Tuesday 10/11
9-10 pm Neighbor said ZuZu arrived and she and RF cooked dinner. Conversation and laughter.

After 11:00 pm It got quiet. Soon neighbor heard "Shut the F... up" but that was it.

Wednesday. 10/12.

Early morning hours (not specified) RF borrows gray pickup truck from his brother in law.

1:00 a.m. CE shows up at friends house visibly distraught. Says he didn't do anything. Calls RF and asks friend if RF can come over. Will have to speak to him in private. It does not say whether RF came over.

Around 2:00 a.m. neighbors hears RF's bed shake multiple times. RF paces back and forth all over the house.

About 3:00 a.m. RF jumps in the shower.

About 3:15 RF makes two calls to CE and CE later contacts him by snapchat.

About 4:00 a.m. RF's. neighbors hear a loud thump. He checks and sees RF leaving. ZuZu's car still there.

(no time given) CE says he picked RF up from 506 S 16th St and drives him home.

ZuZu misses midterm and work.

Friday 10/14

ZuZu's car is no longer seen at RF's.

1:00 pm RF calls LE to do a welfare check on ZuZu. Says he hasn't seen her since around 3:00 a.m. Wednesday.

CE 2:00 p.m. attempts to have his Mustang cleaned at JC's gas station about three times within several hours without success.

In the evening RF arrives at gas station, asks to use JC's phone, calls CE's girlfriend, asks for CE and walks away to speak privately. Very nervous.

Sunday 10/16

CE finally gets his Mustang cleaned.

I still don't understand CE's 1:00 a.m. visit to a friend on 10/12...distraught and saying he didn't do anything. AFAIK RF didn't contact CE by phone until 3:15 a.m. Could he have done what he did before midnight, contacted CE by snapchat to get his help? But why would CE go to friend's place at 1:00 a.m. when RF was home until about 4:00 a.m.? Or was he? When did he borrow the gray pickup? Neighbors didn't hear anything between RF telling ZuZu to shut up around 11:00 and the bed shake at 2:00 a.m. That's three hours.

Sources
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Ne...rd-the-night-Zuzu-disappeared--398978991.html

Warrants

I haven't had time to really get into this case but I have been following along, Zuzu reminds me of my daughter and her friends... I'm so worried for Zuzu. :(

Please forgive me if I've got anything wrong here, but after reading this post it suddenly snapped into place for me. I think there is a good reason why LE is vague about when the truck got picked up and returned. Didn't verified insider Medic say there was talk about RF's mom and sister helping clean up the scene? If that's true, I think whatever happened to Zuzu happened late Tuesday evening (the 11th). Maybe RF did call CE between 11pm and midnight to pick him up and drop him off at his sister's, then he took Zuzu somewhere in the truck while sis and mom cleaned the appartment (the pacing back and forth). Meanwhile CE stays at his friend's, knowing what's happening, and once RF is done, CE gets him again from dropping the truck off and drops him off home.

I find so many assumptions by the neighbor - "RF jumped in the shower". Who knows if it was RF? I'm sure the neighbor didn't actually SEE this. He just assumed it must be RF since RF is the only one living there. But maybe it was someone cleaning the shower (I do not even want to think of why :( ).

This also makes me wonder when the neighbor says he saw RF leaving at 4am - did he see RF leaving, as in, he actually saw the person RF, or did he see RF's car leaving, only assuming it must be RF driving it (but it could have been RF's family members driving back home).

Yes, I think you've made sense of the noise after the silence...but what if the neighbors had knocked on his door to ask him to pipe down...and realized ZuZu was gone? It's all so strange. I agree that he certainly could have drugged her. I do wonder why her car was there until Friday and how it got back to her apartment where we saw a photo of it early on. In order to move it, someone had to have her keys. And that would raise suspicion. But of course, suspicion was raised immediately...smart LE.

Poor Alpine. First a murder-suicide by a highschool student in September and now ZuZu. That's a lot of trauma for a small town to go through.:(

I think mentioning that the car was gone by the time she was reported missing on Friday is just misleading wording in the report. Since 10/16, LE has maintained that they are seeking information from anyone who had seen RF's and/or Zuzu's vehicle moving between midnight and 10am on Wednesday 10/12. Based on that, I assume it was reported to be seen at her house by 10.

And, as wonderful as our police dept is...they've made small mistakes like this before. If CE's friend said that CE was at her house "1:00 on Wednesday night" --which is really Thursday. Since the news report hasn't mentioned that yet, they may be waiting for clarification as well.

p.s. was a suicide at the high school, no murder.

So who lives at 506 South 16th Street? That's not Zuzu's address.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.349...4!1sOGaReJk9c5ybcCybrjHK1g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

At the end of the street in street view I see some kind of tank past the windmill: https://www.google.com/maps/@30.349...kIt9F-v0dKVEqfSdxw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Anyone know what the tank is? Possible hiding place?
The tank is a water tank. Out here, the windmills used to be connected to a water well. The windmill would pump water up, and store it in the tank.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Thank you for getting copies of the search warrants.

We have to make sure we redact personal information that does not concern our discussion.

If you could please send them to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com we can fix them and post them for you.

Take Care,
Tricia
Just emailed, plus the backup on how and where I obtained them, sourcing CBS 7. Thanks, ma'am!

I'm from Odessa also! While leaving OHS today I noticed some people putting up Zuzu fliers.
I'm up Highway 302 from y'all! Hi, neighbors!

I find so many assumptions by the neighbor - "RF jumped in the shower". Who knows if it was RF? I'm sure the neighbor didn't actually SEE this. He just assumed it must be RF since RF is the only one living there. But maybe it was someone cleaning the shower (I do not even want to think of why :( ).

This also makes me wonder when the neighbor says he saw RF leaving at 4am - did he see RF leaving, as in, he actually saw the person RF, or did he see RF's car leaving, only assuming it must be RF driving it (but it could have been RF's family members driving back home).

Respectfully snipped:
I agree.

My first thought was, "Wow, what thin walls and floors." It's as if the neighbors could hear every move. Something doesn't set right with me about all of that.

After reading through those legal docs, it's pretty obvious CE knows way more than he's telling about Zuzu's disappearance. He needs to spill it ALL to the police and let them do their job.

Respectfully snipped:
I agree.

My first thought was, "Wow, what thin walls and floors." It's as if the neighbors could hear every move. Something doesn't set right with me about all of that.

My mom used to comment how quiet our house was up in the 'burbs and she lived in an efficiency on a very busy street.

I can see how the neighbors can hear the water running, footsteps, etc. Even muted voices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then RF possibly staged ZuZu's dog with leash to make it look like abduction?

My mom used to comment how quiet our house was up in the 'burbs and she lived in an efficiency on a very busy street.

I can see how the neighbors can hear the water running, footsteps, etc. Even muted voices.

From a comment on a CBS 7 post:
"Basically its a big house turned into an apartment building. So everyone hears everyone basically. No insulation its pretty much as if someone was just upstairs in your house just a closed door separates the two apartments in the stairwell."

From a comment on a CBS 7 post:
"Basically its a big house turned into an apartment building. So everyone hears everyone basically. No insulation its pretty much as if someone was just upstairs in your house just a closed door separates the two apartments in the stairwell."

How long has RF lived at that house?
I can tell which of my kids are walking upstairs. I can tell which of them is walking down the steps.

How long has RF lived at that house?
I can tell which of my kids are walking upstairs. I can tell which of them is walking down the steps.

Agreed, even my husband had a 'certain sound' when he walks in the house compared to my grown sons. Even little things like how a cabinet it closed is different with him.

So then RF possibly staged ZuZu's dog with leash to make it look like abduction?

I've said this all along, and I think LE got proof of that with fingerprints/DNA from the leash.

I have so much to catch up on! Thank you SavetheQueen for obtaining the warrants for us!! You rock!

I've said this all along, and I think LE got proof of that with fingerprints/DNA from the leash.

I have so much to catch up on! Thank you SavetheQueen for obtaining the warrants for us!! You rock!

I knew it was probably back in the thread somewhere as an initial thought. You guys always figure it out early on!

Catching up too. Wow! Thanks SavetheQueen for the docs!

My question now is this: How is the mother involved? Is RF staying at her house now? None of the documents mention the mother. Are we still thinking the mom and RF sister went to Mexico in the days following? If so, is this why the mother is considered a POI? Trying to wrap my head around LE considering the mom a POI yet there is no mention of her in the warrants.

I think the mom is a POI because of activity after the fact (maybe cleaning up, helping lie, etc).

Catching up too. Wow! Thanks SavetheQueen for the docs!

My question now is this: How is the mother involved? Is RF staying at her house now? None of the documents mention the mother. Are we still thinking the mom and RF sister went to Mexico in the days following? If so, is this why the mother is considered a POI? Trying to wrap my head around LE considering the mom a POI yet there is no mention of her in the warrants.

What I think is, if RF said he drove his Mother and Sister to Mexico (might have happened, might be an attempted Alibi) LE checked phone pings. Phone pings may show he drove there or not. What Mom and Sis have said we don't know but they have been interviewed. I think their stories don't match up with evidence, and that is why they are POI's. This will have come to light after the warrants were issued, that is why the Mom isn't mentioned.

I think Zuzu will be found because CE will sing. I don't think CE is without fault here. I think he knows where Zuzu is although he probably had nothing to do with her actual death, and he helped RF in a lot of ways he shouldn't have. Getting a copy of that snapchat image is key. I hope they can get a warrant (snapchat actually keeps all the images on a database and they are in court right now about that). But CE could make a trade of info for his freedom or at least a lighter sentence, and I think he will.

I have nothing new to contribute. LE has done an amazing job and the neighbor is the pivotal witness in this case. You guys are good at working through things. I feel that LE has enough incriminating evidence to jail RF for a long time, even if Zuzu is never found.

I think Zuzu will be found because CE will sing. I don't think CE is without fault here. I think he knows where Zuzu is although he probably had nothing to do with her actual death, and he helped RF in a lot of ways he shouldn't have. Getting a copy of that snapchat image is key. I hope they can get a warrant (snapchat actually keeps all the images on a database and they are in court right now about that). But CE could make a trade of info for his freedom or at least a lighter sentence, and I think he will.

I have nothing new to contribute. LE has done an amazing job and the neighbor is the pivotal witness in this case. You guys are good at working through things. I feel that LE has enough incriminating evidence to jail RF for a long time, even if Zuzu is never found.

I think CE will eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later), come clean. The fact is that if he helped RF dispose of a body, evidence etc. etc., he's in big trouble right now. He can probably save himself from some hard time if he comes forward with information.

From the affidavits it sounds like a lot of panicked activity transpired from Wednesday onward. Someone's conscience will prevail eventually and I think it will be CE.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member