TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the address of JC, the son of the F-150 truck owner. RF went to his house and woke the wife to borrow the truck. Wife had to wake James to get the keys.

Edited to add: James was in possession of the truck. But the truck actually belongs to his fathers construction company.

The warrants have James's address as being off Highway 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for getting copies of the search warrants.

We have to make sure we redact personal information that does not concern our discussion.

If you could please send them to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com we can fix them and post them for you.

Take Care,
Tricia

I have copies of the search warrants. How do I post them? It's a PDF file.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

So reading through these warrants and the time lines are jiving to me. What the neighbor said does not match with what the warrants say. So is it a case of just having the times wrong ?

I don't think the neighbors statements necessarily contradict but I may be too tired to make sense of it all tonight. I will attempt to revise the timeline in the next few days. I have a feeling an arrest is coming soon. They just need to #findZuzu

:eek:fftobed:

The warrants have James's address as being off Highway 90.

On page 30, next to last paragraph, it says the 506 S 16th Alpine is his residence address, and where the truck was.

Edited: what you are seeing is where the truck was at the time they were looking for it. I was referring to where the truck was when RF borrowed it in the middle of the night.

I think the neighbors statement actually does make sense.

We learned earlier tonight that the neighbor said he heard talking around 11 then silence for a short time. Then he heard 'shut the f up'. Around 2 the bed shook, then the pacing and shower. Then he left.

Earlier we (or atleast I) was assuming at 2am when the bed shook, that that was when the crime happened. But maybe not. Maybe closer to 11pm (and the shut the f up) is when he hurt her. Maybe at 2am is when he realized what he had done. Then the shower, the calls, leaving.

But really, we have no accounting for what was happening between 11ish (maybe 12?) and around 2am. Did he leave and the neighbor not realize it? Did CE come over and the neighbor not realize it?

The friend says CE was at her house at 1am. Assuming the time is correct, whatever happened had already happened. Then CE asks the friend if RF could come over. That would be in line with what the neighbor said about RF leaving around 4am.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Ne...rd-the-night-Zuzu-disappeared--398978991.html

Wow, that is a lot of info. I guess I won't be sleeping tonight.

I also agree that CE acting nervous and stating he didn't do anything at 1:00 a.m. was probably the 13th. Since he was out "cruising" in his beloved car with RF Wednesday night, the 12th, I can see how that error would be made.

On page 30, next to last paragraph, it says the 506 S 16th Alpine is his residence address, and where the truck was.

Edited: what you are seeing is where the truck was at the time they were looking for it. I was referring to where the truck was when RF borrowed it in the middle of the night.

Ah! I see gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. [emoji4]

I am the oldest sister to two brothers who I would do anything for. But if one of them came knocking on my door at whatever time in the middle of the night asking to borrow a car, I am going to have a lot of questions for him. For beginners, where the heck is your car? How did he get to their house? Couldn't have said it broke down, or she would just offer to pick him up. Plus, wouldn't the husband most likely need to have the truck for work in the morning? She really needs to start talking!

The documents posted do not have Zuzu's cell phone number redacted .... can someone correct that, at least for this site? Her poor family.... area code (817) mentioned at the beginning of the documents as her number is most likely her cell, possibly her parents' home number.

Anyone know what the tank is? Possible hiding place?

The tank could be a possible hiding place, and there are many others like it. It's an old elevated water tank. Water storage containers, including stock tanks, are plentiful in Brewster County.

Still trying to sort out the timeline...

Tuesday 10/11
9-10 pm Neighbor said ZuZu arrived and she and RF cooked dinner. Conversation and laughter.

After 11:00 pm It got quiet. Soon neighbor heard "Shut the F... up" but that was it.

Wednesday. 10/12.

Early morning hours (not specified) RF borrows gray pickup truck from his brother in law.

1:00 a.m. CE shows up at friends house visibly distraught. Says he didn't do anything. Calls RF and asks friend if RF can come over. Will have to speak to him in private. It does not say whether RF came over.

Around 2:00 a.m. neighbors hears RF's bed shake multiple times. RF paces back and forth all over the house.

About 3:00 a.m. RF jumps in the shower.

About 3:15 RF makes two calls to CE and CE later contacts him by snapchat.

About 4:00 a.m. RF's. neighbors hear a loud thump. He checks and sees RF leaving. ZuZu's car still there.

(no time given) CE says he picked RF up from 506 S 16th St and drives him home.

ZuZu misses midterm and work.

Friday 10/14

ZuZu's car is no longer seen at RF's.

1:00 pm RF calls LE to do a welfare check on ZuZu. Says he hasn't seen her since around 3:00 a.m. Wednesday.

CE 2:00 p.m. attempts to have his Mustang cleaned at JC's gas station about three times within several hours without success.

In the evening RF arrives at gas station, asks to use JC's phone, calls CE's girlfriend, asks for CE and walks away to speak privately. Very nervous.

Sunday 10/16

CE finally gets his Mustang cleaned.

I still don't understand CE's 1:00 a.m. visit to a friend on 10/12...distraught and saying he didn't do anything. AFAIK RF didn't contact CE by phone until 3:15 a.m. Could he have done what he did before midnight, contacted CE by snapchat to get his help? But why would CE go to friend's place at 1:00 a.m. when RF was home until about 4:00 a.m.? Or was he? When did he borrow the gray pickup? Neighbors didn't hear anything between RF telling ZuZu to shut up around 11:00 and the bed shake at 2:00 a.m. That's three hours.

Sources
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Ne...rd-the-night-Zuzu-disappeared--398978991.html

Warrants

I think the neighbors statement actually does make sense.

We learned earlier tonight that the neighbor said he heard talking around 11 then silence for a short time. Then he heard 'shut the f up'. Around 2 the bed shook, then the pacing and shower. Then he left.

Earlier we (or atleast I) was assuming at 2am when the bed shook, that that was when the crime happened. But maybe not. Maybe closer to 11pm (and the shut the f up) is when he hurt her. Maybe at 2am is when he realized what he had done. Then the shower, the calls, leaving.

But really, we have no accounting for what was happening between 11ish (maybe 12?) and around 2am. Did he leave and the neighbor not realize it? Did CE come over and the neighbor not realize it?

The friend says CE was at her house at 1am. Assuming the time is correct, whatever happened had already happened. Then CE asks the friend if RF could come over. That would be in line with what the neighbor said about RF leaving around 4am.

BBM

After laying out the timeline, I agree that whatever happened was all done by 2:00 a.m. By 1:00 CE was at a friend's distraught (if the date is right). Did he go help RF between 11:00 and 1:00? How long was he at his friend's? I'd like to know what the shaking bed, the pacing, the shower and the loud thump were all about since they occurred after 2:00 a.m. Apparently RF was very quiet between 11:00 and 2:00.

The documents posted do not have Zuzu's cell phone number redacted .... can someone correct that, at least for this site? Her poor family.... area code (817) mentioned at the beginning of the documents as her number is most likely her cell, possibly her parents' home number.

Tricia is redacting all personal info.

My gut is telling me that the two items we still still have unsure on the above time line (When the truck was borrowed and when RF was picked up by CE) go together.

CE picked up RF from the location of the grey F150 ( 506 S 16th St ). Why else would CE be there? We know he was there in the early morning hours of Wed borrowing the truck.

Something else that is still nagging me....somewhere I read that there was social media that RF wanted deleted. Snapchats delete themselves. So is there contact by messaging that was on the computer that he needed to get deleted?

What was on social media that was incriminating and wouldnt automatically delete itself.

After laying out the timeline, I agree that whatever happened was all done by 2:00 a.m. By 1:00 CE was at a friend's distraught (if the date is right). Did he go help RF between 11:00 and 1:00? How long was he at his friend's? I'd like to know what the shaking bed, the pacing, the shower and the loud thump were all about since they occurred after 2:00 a.m. Apparently RF was very quiet between 11:00 and 2:00.

My guess would be that he took Zuzu out of his apartment between 11 pm and 1 am, then went back, and made a lot of noise to be sure to wake the neighbors who would see him leave alone at 4 am.

My deep concern is that Zuzu may have been unconscious but alive when RF took her from his apartment. I was just in Alpine for a few days, and the mood was quiet and solemn, and it was the same in Marathon.

My guess would be that he took Zuzu out of his apartment between 11 pm and 1 am, then went back, and made a lot of noise to be sure to wake the neighbors who would see him leave alone at 4 am.

My deep concern is that Zuzu may have been unconscious but alive when RF took her from his apartment. I was just in Alpine for a few days, and the mood was quiet and solemn, and it was the same in Marathon.

Yes, I think you've made sense of the noise after the silence...but what if the neighbors had knocked on his door to ask him to pipe down...and realized ZuZu was gone? It's all so strange. I agree that he certainly could have drugged her. I do wonder why her car was there until Friday and how it got back to her apartment where we saw a photo of it early on. In order to move it, someone had to have her keys. And that would raise suspicion. But of course, suspicion was raised immediately...smart LE.

Poor Alpine. First a murder-suicide by a highschool student in September and now ZuZu. That's a lot of trauma for a small town to go through.:(

I am from Odessa TX - a little over 2 hours north of Alpine. Odessa is the city where CBS7, that is doing a ton of the reports referenced in this forum for sweet Zuzu. I am holding onto hope that maybe just maybe she is being held captive somewhere. With it being deer season (Archery) I hope the extra traffic with the hunters is aiding in the search. Deer Season opens up to rifles November 5th if I'm not mistaken.
I have seen a few people ask about cabins and shelters scattered around the area. The answer is yes!! YES!! That is where my hope is! I am attaching a link below of some "cabins" that people rent out to give you an idea of a small part of what is out there. I used to have a friend that owned several cabins in Fort Davis, not far from Alpine. It is not unusual for these places to sit for weeks at a time. They are generally busy during the winter and holidays. On a semi positive note. It has been unseasonably warmer in our area than usual, it does get cooler in the mountains at night, but it has not been freezing yet. Prayers for Zuzu [emoji120]

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/texas/big-bend-country/alpine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm from Odessa also! While leaving OHS today I noticed some people putting up Zuzu fliers.

Poor Alpine. First a murder-suicide by a highschool student in September and now ZuZu. That's a lot of trauma for a small town to go through.:(

Alpine and Fort Davis are my peaceful havens. It's hard to take in. The best areas to search will be the sandiest areas, where it's easiest to dig and recover the ground. My question is, why borrow the truck? It involved more people, and isn't really needed to go off-road. Covered truck bed?

Alpine and Fort Davis are my peaceful havens. It's hard to take in. The best areas to search will be the sandiest areas, where it's easiest to dig and recover the ground. My question is, why borrow the truck? It involved more people, and isn't really needed to go off-road. Covered truck bed?

I love Alpine. I've only been there twice, but I can still mentally transport myself there over a decade later. And the "star party" at the McDonald Observatory...words fail me!

I don't think the truck bed was covered, unless there was a tarp. There is a toolbox in the bed though. Perhaps RF didn't want evidence in and on his jeep. But it does seem foolhardy and callous to involve his sister and brother in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove