Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad you found a link! LOL

I have a friend who lives down there send me a text that this was happening but I couldnt find it on MSM.

Thank you everyone for the updates. Holding my breath here. Nice to hear a bit of good news. :praying:

Witnesses in Zuzu Verk Case Appear in front of Grand Jury

BREWSTER COUNTY, Texas (Local 2/Fox 24)

Brewster County officials confirm key witnesses in the case of Zuzu Verk were interviewed in front of a grand jury this morning.

County officials said the interviews were another attempt to learn anything they could about the case.

Interviews began around 8 a.m. Monday morning and are expected to continue through the early afternoon.

Do we know if RF is there, has he been subpoenaed to appear?

Good question Skibaboo! He must have been subpoenaed. I don't see him showing up voluntarily.

If the grand jury indicts him, and they probably will, brace yourself and get ready for the D.A. to make a real sweetheart deal with RF in order to get him to cough up her location.

if he's indicted, there will be a renewed surge in the search efforts to try and find her without having to make any deals with the person responsible. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

If nothing happens in the next 2 weeks--1 month, I imagine they will begin negotiations with him and his attorney. RF may still decide to take his chance with a jury, but if not, I'm thinking he'll get something along the lines of 5-10 years on Involuntary manslaughter. It would essentially be a slap on the wrist, but maybe her folks could at least recover her remains.

Vultures are still here in Texas - and it only takes them about 5 hours to "complete their purpose" - sorry just don't know how blunt to be - plus they have gotten a fair amount of rain there - for that part of the world - in regard to the family, loyalty is going to be a big hurtle to overcome - plus a possible lack of knowledge in regard to the legal action that might or might not happen to or for them if they talk. RF or CE will be the ones that will slip IMO eventually - neither are strong enough to take it to their graves. They will slip for different reasons - but they will - hopefully it will be to someone that is willing to take the time and effort to report it to LE. Hopefully the Grand Jury will lead to an indictment.

I am so incredibly impressed with Texas LE. They don't scr*w around. Let's just sit back and watch the pro's at work; they will not disappoint.
Prayers for the Verk family; stay strong and God Bless.

RF has a good attorney. I would bet he refuses to answer questions that will incriminate himself. His sister and brother in law may give him up or CE if they truly have knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I dont think RF will talk but man, oh man. I hope the others are.

Vultures are still here in Texas - and it only takes them about 5 hours to "complete their purpose" - sorry just don't know how blunt to be - plus they have gotten a fair amount of rain there - for that part of the world - in regard to the family, loyalty is going to be a big hurtle to overcome - plus a possible lack of knowledge in regard to the legal action that might or might not happen to or for them if they talk. RF or CE will be the ones that will slip IMO eventually - neither are strong enough to take it to their graves. They will slip for different reasons - but they will - hopefully it will be to someone that is willing to take the time and effort to report it to LE. Hopefully the Grand Jury will lead to an indictment.

They are amazing birds. My husband killed a chicken snake earlier this year. I had hung him belly up over the barbed wire fence. Old wives tale that it is supposed to bring rain. Anyway, later during the day, a buzzard had pulled the snake off the fence and was eating him. I thought there would be nothing left as snakes don't have bones. Imagine my surprise when I walked to the hen house later and found the snake's remains. All of the snake's cartilage was left intact. Looked like a snake minus the flesh. I wish I had saved it. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Nothing but the rib cartilage left. I had no idea they could clean a snake so delicately. Could not help but admire the bird's handiwork.

Threw out some fish scraps once and had buzzards soaring over the scraps within 30 minutes. Maybe they smelled them? I know they have good eyesight, but they must have a great sense of smell too?

A friend of mine who lives in town has a buzzard that waits for her to scrape out food scraps every evening. She works a block away from the elementary school and she thinks the same buzzard has shown up there begging for more food.

I'm having thoughts of how we could get RF to talk. . . Involves staking him in the desert and waiting for the buzzards to show up.

If the grand jury indicts him, and they probably will, brace yourself and get ready for the D.A. to make a real sweetheart deal with RF in order to get him to cough up her location.

if he's indicted, there will be a renewed surge in the search efforts to try and find her without having to make any deals with the person responsible. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

If nothing happens in the next 2 weeks--1 month, I imagine they will begin negotiations with him and his attorney. RF may still decide to take his chance with a jury, but if not, I'm thinking he'll get something along the lines of 5-10 years on Involuntary manslaughter. It would essentially be a slap on the wrist, but maybe her folks could at least recover her remains.
I'm hopeful that they'll retain a wildcard for a criminal indictment outside of the charge they "bargain" with.

I also expect to see civil charges once the criminal trial has concluded.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Do we know if RF is there, has he been subpoenaed to appear?

This is a prosecution only indictment hearing. Evidence and testimonies are presented to the GJ to determine the charge(s) they can arrest him for. I doubt RF was subpoenaed as it would be a waste of their time. He is not going to incriminate himself.

Bonus info: I spoke with one of the witnesses this morning and was told that they were to expect to be sequestered as late as midnight tonight - and the hearing may take up to three days to complete. Also, one family member is being less than cooperative than the other in offering incriminating testimony.

Fingers crossed that they have enough information to charge him with more than just kidnapping right now.

That family member better wise up. Texas LE is nothing to mess with. They will end up in .....:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState