TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they do that? I mean, I know a judge can do that, but will a judge take into account a petition?

I'm not sure, but just in case, I couldn't sign it quickly enough.

*All statements are those of my own opinion unless stated.*

Update:
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/411469595.html

Brewster County --
UPDATE 8:15pm
A petition has been started named "Deny Bail for Christopher Estrada #findzuzu" on change.org.
The petition was started only one hour ago as of 8:00pm Sunday and has over 100 signatures already.
The summary of the petition reads:
"The community requests that Christopher Estrada only be granted bail on the condition that he cooperate fully with the police department's investigation of Zuzu Verk's disappearance. No bail should be considered until Christopher Estrada discloses any and all information regarding the disappearance of Zuzu Verk, her current whereabouts, and the involvement of any persons, including, but not limited to, suspect Robert Fabian."

The petition is to be sent to the District Attorney of Brewster County, Rod Ponton, for consideration.

Hmmm...Interesting...LE could also get info by offering to make the evading police charge go away or reduced in exchange for info. I hope they use this as leverage or he spills spontaneous info. Come on CE, do the right thing before that cell is your long-term home! #FindZuzu

Hmmm...Interesting...LE could also get info by offering to make the evading police charge go away or reduced in exchange for info. I hope they use this as leverage or he spills spontaneous info. Come on CE, do the right thing before that cell is your long-term home! #FindZuzu

I sure hope so!

Can they do that? I mean, I know a judge can do that, but will a judge take into account a petition?

The Magistrate can choose to take it under advisement, however, the Grand Jury are still meeting to determine if there's enough evidence to support an indictment.

Therefore holding someone without supportive legal documentation, not a petition, would be in violation of his due process especially when there's no indictment to substantiate doing so.

I'm all for CE feeling the pressure but it has to be done according to Texas law or the end result is he's got a great case for appeal.

Let's hope the next GJ meeting produces an indictment for both CE & RF so we can move closer (hopefully) to finding Zuzu.

JMO

The Magistrate can choose to take it under advisement, however, the Grand Jury are still meeting to determine if there's enough evidence to support an indictment.

Therefore holding someone without supportive legal documentation, not a petition, would be in violation of his due process especially when there's no indictment to substantiate doing so.

I'm all for CE feeling the pressure but it has to be done according to Texas law or the end result is he's got a great case for appeal.

Let's hope the next GJ meeting produces an indictment for both CE & RF so we can move closer (hopefully) to finding Zuzu.

JMO

You're exactly right. I'm hoping that they use the fact that he tried to evade from his DWI arrest, and deem him a flight risk. An iffy stretch, I know. But in the legal realm lots of grey things depend on the mood the judge is in that day. This entire situation has to be treated with kid gloves. We don't want anything to go bad, and these guys walk free and clear over a small violation by the investigators or court. Hopefully, this gives CE a chance to be away from RF, and possibly revisit some things, make some good choices for a change.

And if it doesn't, the petition at least gives us a chance to speak as a united group, and the Verks know that they have support, and the courts know our feelings about it.

He looks so adorable in pink! :D I would imagine that all Alpine police were instructed to look for a valid opportunity to haul CE to the jail where he can be strongly encouraged to talk. The fact that he's driving drunk and evading police tells me he's already feeling the intense pressure he's under...enough to do something really stupid. Just spill it Chris. No more games.

I hope they get information from him before he gets a lawyer. Could he ask for and get a court appointed attorney for these charges? If so I'm sure attorney will put a muzzle on him! I hope not!

JMO

It can't hurt for him to feel a little more pressure though right? He was driving under the influence and evading police, he's cracking. A bit more pressure from the community (in the form of the petition) even if legally it can't be used, it can't hurt right?

I signed and shared that puppy, you betcha :)

The heat is on, on SM, flyer showing pics of suspects and all POIs with all the right #s

Updated:
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/411469595.html

Brewster County -- Update
According to the Alpine Police Department early Sunday morning an Officer with APD pulled over a white 2016 Ford Mustang for failing to make a complete stop at the intersection of Avenue E and 5th Street.

The Mustang then accelerated and continued to travel West on Avenue E, after a short pursuit of the car the driver stopped and tried to hide the car along the railroad tracks at the 800 block of West Holland.

He's been arrested before - in 2012 for possession of marijuana. He needs to come clean.

https://www.facebook.com/brewstercountytx/posts/512733288751088

Looks like scrubs. Doesn't he work at a hospital or clinic in Marathon?

Makes you wonder if he was at the bar, getting lit in work clothes/uniform.

I wanted so badly to post this information yesterday, but wasn't sure how it should be handled via WS.

Not confirmed, so PLEASE delete if needed, but CE apparently lost his job (was fired) last week. A person in the Zuzu Verk group who is close to CE stated so in the forum. And then he's suddenly arrested for Driving while intoxicated & evading arrest?

Seems like he's starting to crumble.

Also, in relation to the Pink Scrubs, those are jail issued. All new inmates receive them standard.

RF must be %^$%& bricks right about now!

OK CE this is your last chance to come clean. Do the right thing.

Affidavit reveals more information in DWI arrest of suspect in Zuzu Verk case http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Af...t-of-suspect-in-Zuzu-Verk-case-411561575.html

BREWSTER COUNTY -- The arrest affidavit of Chris Estrada has been released after he was arrested for driving while intoxicated and evading arrest Sunday morning.

According to the arrest affidavit, an officer and sergeant with the Alpine Police Department were parked in the 200 block of North 5th Street at 2:14 a.m. when they saw a driver, identified as Estrada, fail to make a complete stop. Estrada then drove away at a speed higher than 50 miles per hour, the affidavit reports.

Police activated their emergency lights and tried to stop the vehicle which continued on, driving through a parking lot trying to flee from police, the affidavit states.

(modsnip)

Bond has been set at $5K. The full article below:

The arrest affidavit of Chris Estrada has been released after he was arrested for driving while intoxicated and evading arrest Sunday morning.

As of Monday afternoon, Estrada had made his first appearance before Justice of the Peace Gilbert Valenzuela and his bond was set at a total of $5,000; $2,000 for DWI and $3,000 for evading arrest according to the Brewster County Sheriff's Office.

According to the arrest affidavit, an officer and sergeant with the Alpine Police Department were parked in the 200 block of North 5th Street at 2:14 a.m. when they saw a driver, identified as Estrada, fail to make a complete stop.

(modsnip)

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Af...t-of-suspect-in-Zuzu-Verk-case-411561575.html

ya gotta think this guy is being trailed right b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members