UK - 39 bodies found in lorry, Essex, 23 October 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The solicitor said Mr Harrison has ADHD and had a special needs assistant in school and that upon leaving school he became a lorry driver.

She said his parents were willing to lodge €1,000 in order to secure bail for their son and they are “very concerned” for him “given his mental health problems”.

Man (23) in court following arrest at Dublin Port

The solicitor also said Mr Harrison had planned to make himself available to gardaí, to assist with an investigation in the North.

Detective Flood said that giving information to the gardaí, didn’t match up with Mr Harrison’s disposal of a mobile phone, “his behaviour and the behaviour of his parents”.

I think the journey was delayed is a likely scenario. Driver maybe chose to check on the load for this reason? Discovered the souls onboard had perished and reverted to cover story - no idea what was onboard, only went round to check paperwork, called ambulance, innocent and shocked, fainted.

I wonder whether the paramedics attended to him as well and found him to be genuinely unconscious or faking.

The whole thing is utterly tragic to me. These poor desperate people, think they're coming to the promised land to save their families back home and the reality is if they're LUCKY (and survive the trip) they get to work in nail bars, as potwash or picking bloody cockles. Someone upthread made a comment about disease control. They're not animals, needing quarantine!! We don't check tourists for disease, do we?

They're completely dehumanised, "cargo". Thank God that Essex police are focusing on their dignity and in death they will be treated with respect and care.

Meanwhile, some greedy little bunch buy bigger houses, flashy cars and pimp up their cabs.

:mad:

I think this is the sentiment i was trying to express, albeit no where near as eloquently.

Well said HKP, great post.

A lot of that 30K is fronted. Maybe not this particular operation. They then are indentured slaves, prostitutes, etc. I'm a bit concerned with the trafficking vs smuggling charges. I dunno. JMO

ETA those "poor souls" are victims.
That’s an important point! So maybe these people thought they had jobs already and were all set to go. What could go wrong?! Just terribly tragic and unfair all around.

Last edited:
I wonder whether the paramedics attended to him as well and found him to be genuinely unconscious or faking.
All MOO... but if he is guilty of being knowingly involved in human trafficking, I think he either fainted (if he did really even faint and it's not just some random rumour) because he didn't expect the people to be dead, or because when he realised they were dead he also realised this was the end of the line for him and it suddenly hit him that there was no escaping this situation.

Obviously he is innocent until proven guilty etc etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I feel absolutely awful for his pregnant partner. It's all I can think about. :(

Maybe not paperwork, but would it be feasible that he became aware of movement in the trailer? I don't know if there would be any kind of sensor that would detect the load shifting. If so, that could be his explanation.

From the nature of the charges and the number of people involved, it seems likely we are dealing with an experienced people smuggling ring

As this is an experienced group, led to me believe something went wrong on this occasion.

I think the journey was delayed is a likely scenario. Driver maybe chose to check on the load for this reason? Discovered the souls onboard had perished and reverted to cover story - no idea what was onboard, only went round to check paperwork, called ambulance, innocent and shocked, fainted.
I don't think it is confirmed that he fainted, this is just speculation/hearsay.

The solicitor also said Mr Harrison had planned to make himself available to gardaí, to assist with an investigation in the North.

Detective Flood said that giving information to the gardaí, didn’t match up with Mr Harrison’s disposal of a mobile phone, “his behaviour and the behaviour of his parents”.

The last paragraph is interesting... it had seemed that he was cooperating.

Maybe not paperwork, but would it be feasible that he became aware of movement in the trailer? I don't know if there would be any kind of sensor that would detect the load shifting. If so, that could be his explanation.

Or perhaps that was where he was to let them out? Unlikely I suppose, so close to terminal

Hello all!

I've been following this in the news. I'm so interested because this is so heartbreaking. I feel for those families who have lost someone. Those people were just trying to help their families. :( Some of them possibly so young, they've barely lived their lives. And can you imagine a worse way to die? In a filled up truck with strangers, freezing and running out of air? :(

I have gone through the entire thread this morning but there is a lot of information so please forgive me if I'm going to ask something this is stupid or has been addressed already, I really did try!

- What are the practicals here in terms of how they died? For instance, if this is a trafficking scheme, these traffickers have done this so many times surely. So why did this truck in particular run out of air? Were they in there for longer than usual for some reason? Or does the lack of air have to do with the cold temperature inside? Is the cold temperature really even relevant to their deaths?

- I'm sure the police are not releasing information, and for good reason! But is it reasonable to assume that both Mo and the others arrested absolutely knew something about people being in the truck? Or would the police just slap on cuffs to anyone who interacted at all with the truck? Is this information we'll simply have to wait for?

Thank you all!

The solicitor said Mr Harrison has ADHD and had a special needs assistant in school and that upon leaving school he became a lorry driver.

She said his parents were willing to lodge €1,000 in order to secure bail for their son and they are “very concerned” for him “given his mental health problems”.

'He said Mr Harrison had disposed of a mobile phone prior to travelling to Ireland and the phone had yet to be recovered.'

Yes, l bet he did.

Hello all!

- What are the practicals here in terms of how they died? For instance, if this is a trafficking scheme, these traffickers have done this so many times surely. So why did this truck in particular run out of air? Were they in there for longer than usual for some reason? Or does the lack of air have to do with the cold temperature inside? Is the cold temperature really even relevant to their deaths?

Thank you all!

According to Skynews, there was a delay, so perhaps this contributed to the air running out.

"Two of the vehicles are thought to have completed their trips but the third, which was carrying the deceased victims, was delayed at an unknown location."

Container deaths: Families say three lorries carrying more than 100 people were travelling to UK

Hello all!

I've been following this in the news. I'm so interested because this is so heartbreaking. I feel for those families who have lost someone. Those people were just trying to help their families. :( Some of them possibly so young, they've barely lived their lives. And can you imagine a worse way to die? In a filled up truck with strangers, freezing and running out of air? :(

I have gone through the entire thread this morning but there is a lot of information so please forgive me if I'm going to ask something this is stupid or has been addressed already, I really did try!

- I'm sure the police are not releasing information, and for good reason! But is it reasonable to assume that both Mo and the others arrested absolutely knew something about people being in the truck? Or would the police just slap on cuffs to anyone who interacted at all with the truck? Is this information we'll simply have to wait for?

Thank you all!

Just my opinion that cause of death is very unclear. We've read a report they froze to death. Also read they were unclothed or barely clothed. But we have that text that said "can't breathe" just about 3 hours before they were discovered. But we still don't have confirmation it came from this group. Based on another report they were in early rigor it appears the timetable for the text fits. So. 3 potential causes of death.

I'm certain Mo knows something. He was held 4 days before formal charges were filed. Considering the number of charges filed against him, I think they have pretty good inclination he's a member of organized crime.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member